87th Games

بواسطة shazrpx95

Trust no one, betray any person and win at whatever the cost. Scarlett Aspen had been reaped into the 87th Hu... المزيد

The 87th Hunger Games
The Grim Reaping
Avery Vada
The Calvary
Animal To The Slaughter
The Lamb Story
What Are The Odds?
Trouble
Cornucopia Take-Over
Knot-boy.
Complications
New Alliance
The Firing Squad
Only A Pawn In The Game
Tables Have Turned
Chopping Block
Sitting Ducks
Quid Pro Quo
Beginning To An End

Key To Everything

508 25 16
بواسطة shazrpx95

Recap:

-

“Haven’t you heard?” I whipped my body around to face Bloom.

She took her time to check Philip's pulse and then threw him back to the ground. His head smashed hard to the ground with a sickening thud.

“My sister is an Avox now”

My knife fell from my hands.

-

“What?” I gasped quickly.

“You heard me” she screamed from fifteen meters away and then spat on the ground next to her.

“My filthy sister Avery is an Avox… And if you ask me it’s her own dirty fault”

I breathed slowly and tried to understand.

My immediate thought was: Why did the capitol turn her into an Avox? Was she okay? Then I really started to think. If Avery had a biological sister that was reaped into the games, why would she volunteer to help me, a lowly district 10 member? It didn’t make any sense.

I could see Bloom slowly gaining ground, each step bringing her closer and closer towards me. This was going to turn into one hell of an ugly fight.

The flash of the knife laying discarded on the ground caught my attention. I needed that knife, it was my only weapon.

“Oh Avery” I fell melodramatically to the ground, feigning some sort of upset.

I even dishevelled my hair with my hands for dramatic intent.  I heard Bloom giggle and step closer towards me, thinking she had the upper hand.

I grabbed the knife and jumped back up.

 “Too close” I warned and slashed through the air making her step a few meters back.

“We’ve come to a stalemate” she taunted.

I nodded in agreement. I could tell from the way we were standing both of us were in fight mode and ready to pounce on each other in one seconds notice.

 “What happened to Avery?” I asked calmly as I slowly moved to my left. We were now circling each other clearly waiting for the opportune moment to catch our adversary off guard.

“Her tongue got cut off for being a snitch” Bloom snickered. She walked slowly around our makeshift battle circle, her step bouncing with both amusement and delight. She was enjoying this way too much.

I gritted my teeth.

Don’t jump yet Scar, you need answers.

It seems so odd that Avery decided to help me rather than help her own sister. I couldn’t piece it together. Nobody even knew she had a sister, even me. That was until she briefly mentioned she had a sister just before I was to enter the games. My mind was focusing on other things so I didn’t really listen to her constant babbling until she tried to give me her bracelet.

 “No I don’t want it” I couldn’t. It was hers. Besides, she had worn it in her own hunger games a couple of years ago.

“Fine” she sighed. “I’ll get you another one”.

She tousled through her bag and pulled out a similar looking bracelet.

“Why do you have two?” It was a little confused.

“It’s a family heirloom. It’s belonged in the family for many years but I want to give this one to you” she hesitated before handing it to me.

It seemed like she was reluctant to let go of it, like she was waiting for something. She frowned and then shrugged.

“I had other plans for it. I was going to give it to my sister…”

I didn’t know Avery even had a sister. No body mentioned that even during in her games. 

Avery quickly brightened.

“But you’re my sister now” and then she pulled me in for a hug.

“This bracelet is important. It’s going to be useful if we don’t make it out alive” she whispered into my ear. It was barely a murmur and I wasn’t sure if I heard her right. She said ‘we’ but we both knew she wasn’t facing the arena with me.

I was a little confused but I hugged her anyway.

I almost dropped my knife again in disbelief. “If we don’t make it out alive” What did that even mean? Who is ‘we’? It was clear Avery wasn’t talking about herself and me. She was talking about Bloom. It’s like she knew the Vada’s were both going to die during the 87th Games.

“I’m sorry you lost your sister” I whispered quickly, surprised any kind of condolence even passed my lips to the schizophrenic bitch.

“She was nothing to me. I was the one that told the Capitol she’s been helping you cheat” she spat on the ground again.

I didn’t think she would get in trouble for warning me Bloom had gone crazy, or when Bloom captured Zane. Or when she told me who the Capitol was voting for and who was most likely to win. It seemed like Avery was trying very hard to get Panem to root for district 10 then for district 1. I realised quickly that President Snow would be going mad because after all the only career left had just gone blood crazy.

My knife was dripping Philip’s blood onto my hands. It made me feel so dirty. I took a moment to wipe it off when Bloom sprung on me.  

Before I knew it she had kicked my knife out of my hands, probably breaking my fingers too. She tackled me hard onto the ground, slamming me down like I weighed nothing.

Panicking, I ripped her hair in response meanwhile yanking the knife out of her hand and throwing it far away. If I didn’t have a weapon, neither should she.

“Check mate bitch!” I roared, climbing on top of her and squeezing her neck. I noticed I had blood all over my hands but I didn’t care. I was finally about to kill Bloom. It had been my dream to kill this bitch since day one and regretfully, it had taken until now to do so. I had been through so much already, and should have died multiple times throughout these games. Arrow had saved me within the first 10 minutes of the games, Zane had died to save me from evil cow Jessica and even Philip didn’t kill me despite his multiple chances.

“Why am I so important to you?” I yelled in her face, demanding answers.

 “You’re the key!” she blurted out, her face turning blue from lack of oxygen.

It only made me want to squeeze tighter.

“What. Do. You. Want. From. Me?” I squeezed tighter and tighter and yelled louder and louder each word I said.

Her wind pipes were literally gasping for air and very soon she wouldn’t have any more oxygen. I would see to that.

“Scarlett?” someone was calling out my name

I shot my head up briefly but saw no one. I must have imagined it.

Right now the only thing I cared about was killing the schizophrenic bitch for all that she had done. I didn’t care she was Avery’s sister, and I didn’t care that I would most likely lose my humanity by killing her. Part of me already feared I lost it when I slit Philips throat but the other part of me was a hungry animal, thirsty to kill again.

“Answer me now!” Sure enough, my hands clutched tighter around her neck to give her a little incentive to start talking.

“Scarlett! Where are you?” Someone was still calling my name. Why won’t they go away? All I wanted to do was watch her life escape from her eyes. I had lost so much in these games and all I wanted to do was make her feel true pain. Everything was Blooms fault. It was her fault I had lost so much, her fault Avery is an Avox, her fault Zane had to die and her fault I was never going to make it out of these games Alive.

“The pain will stop as soon as you tell me” I started, both of us knowing I would soon end her life. Her eyes were rolling back and she was gagging louder than ever before.

“The bracelet” she gasped. “You have the key”.

My whole world stopped for a second. A week ago I found out I had a key hidden in my bracelet, but I had no idea what it was for. Avery said she was going to give it to her sister…

“Scar” I heard Arrow’s voice from behind me. I turned around to see him just standing there, wide eyed.   

“What are you doing, Scar?” he was actually stepping away from me. Why was he afraid of me? We were in an alliance!

Blooms gagging brought me back to reality. I couldn’t get a tight enough grip because Philips blood was all over me. I looked at the blood for a second, mesmerised by its dark glow. It was sticky and it smelled a little like rust.

I gasped and sprung away from Bloom who was now lying unconscious in our battle circle.

“What’s happening to me?” I whimpered, clambering as far away from Bloom as I could. I was turning into a bloody crazy tribute, just like Bloom was.

 “It’s okay, it’s going to be okay” Arrow had already reached me.

He quickly cupped my face with his hands before picking me up hugging me. I wrapped my legs around his waist letting him truly hold me.

“I don’t know what happened” I said between fits of sobs.

“I know sweety, it’s okay” he cooed, gently trailing his hand up and down my back.

“It just came over me, I couldn’t help it. Bloom needs to pay for what she did to Avery”

I felt Arrow stiffen. He obviously didn’t know what happened to Avery either.

“shhh” he continued trying to calm me down.

I heard Trouble neigh and she came running over to me. She nuzzled herself into my neck and I grabbed onto her. She was like a light shining at the end of the tunnel.

“Oh girl” I whispered, clutching onto her neck for support. I felt Arrow reach for my hand and our fingers intertwined.

“Let’s get out of here” Arrow suggested, already pushing me up onto Troubles bare back.

“But Bloom” I retorted, motioning to her unconscious body just lying on the ground.

“We have to kill her” I said simply.

“Not today Scar, we’ll get her tomorrow"

Yah!” he yelled and then we rode off.

(gasp, what yous think!? Did you see any of that comming? Can you keep up with all these twistsssss like omg right omg hahhaah)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

5.7K 132 18
Hello. I'm a Tribute in the Hunger Games. I'm going to tell you the story of the times I had to fight to keep alive, and how I lost the man I loved t...
829K 23.7K 39
❝Too many war wounds and not enough wars.❞ it's the 75th annual hunger games, and thalia forkshire knows that means there will be a twist - she just...
6.4K 144 22
Hi! This is a Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, and Harry Potter crossover. I am doing this for my 100 followers celebration. It's a BIG leap but I'm will...
2.1K 31 13
Out of all the names Octavia got picked. She knew she had to come back for her family for her brother. Twenty four would fight and only one will ret...