Star Dazed

By MidnightWhisperer

#34 in Spiritual on 30/11/2016 #29 in Spiritual on 10/2/2018 Maahirah Furqaan; a seventeen year old teen. On... More

Star Dazed (Dedications)
Chapter One: Hustle and Bustle
Chapter Two: Mr.Popstar....?
Chapter Three: I Knew You Were Trouble
Chapter Four: A Different Side
Chapter Five: Arguments, Melody and Chasing The Air
Chapter Six: The Plane Ride
Chapter Seven: The Trip Begins
Chapter Eight: I Still Hate You
Chapter Nine: A Catastrophe
Chapter Ten: The Bonfire Party
Chapter Eleven: Everything is Not So Right
Chapter Twelve: Darren Anderson
Chapter Thirteen: Dream Or Reality
Chapter Fourteen: Re-believing In What Was Lost
Chapter Fifteen: Unforgettable Dinner
Preview Of Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Sixteen: When Impossible Becomes Possible
Chapter Seventeen: Maze Of Confusion
Chapter Eighteen: Messing Up With Reality
Star Dazed: Part Two
Chapter Nineteen: Delusional Mind
Chapter Twenty: A Chance
Chapter Twenty One: My Decision
Chapter Twenty Two: Learning Truth Can Be Bitter
Chapter Twenty Three: Training Phase One
Chapter Twenty Four: An Ambush At Night
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Read This
Chapter Twenty Five: Contemplating Thoughts
Chapter Twenty Six: Is It Start Of Something New?
Chapter Twenty Seven: Sweet Gestures
Chapter Twenty Eight: The Game
Chapter Twenty Nine: The Test
Chapter Thirty: Nightmare Dressed Like A Daydream
Chapter Thirty One: Betrayed, Again?
Chapter Thirty Two: I Like Him?
Chapter Thirty Three: Hell Kind Of Life
Chapter Thirty Four: Do I Have To Lose You Too?
Chapter Thirty Five: Proposition And A Deal
Chapter Thirty Six: I Surrender
Chapter Thirty Seven: Being Helpless
Chapter Thirty Eight: I Needed You, Then. So, I Will Need You, Always.
Chapter Thirty Nine: Promises & Gifts
Chapter Forty: Goodbye Shouldn't Have Had Hurt, If He Was Better In It.
Fallen Stars: Sequel to Star Dazed
[FS]: Prologue
[FS] Chapter One: How Can I Act Like Nothing Ever Happened?
[FS] Chapter Two: Killing My Ego & Pride
[FS] Chapter Three: More Untold Stories
.........A Plea......
[FS] Chapter Four: I Think I'm Gonna Have Heart Attack
[FS]: Chapter Six: It's On
[FS]: Chapter Seven: It All Comes Tumbling Down
[FS]: Chapter Eight: Middle of Nowhere
{FS}Chapter Nine: That's The Plan?
[FS] Chapter Ten: A Messed Up Beginning
[FS]: Chapter Eleven: A Dog-Fight
[FS]: Chapter Twelve: Worth A Thousand Years
Heyy
[FS]: Chapter Thirteen: Lost Again.
[FS]: Chapter Fourteen: Like A Shattered Glass
[FS]: Chapter Fifteen: Welcome, Homies.
[FS]: Chapter Sixteen: Behind Closed Door
[FS]: Chapter Seventeen: Towards & Onward
[FS]: Chapter Eighteen: Captivated Again
Fallen Stars Cover
[FS]: Chapter Nineteen: The Breaking Point
[FS]: Chapter Twenty: Only β…“ Will Come Out Alive
[FS]: Chapter Twenty One: Walking Away
E P I L O G U E
Star Dazed Covers
Q/A: With A Goodbye From Here
[ Post-Acknowledgment]

[FS] CHAPTER FIVE: Sisters Bonding & A Phone Call

1.8K 207 14
By MidnightWhisperer

Chapter Five

Sisters Bonding & A Phone Call

(Maahirah Furqaan)

                               16th January.

'I never knew how much I have been missing him, until I hear his voice on the other end of the line. -Maahirah. '

When my eyes sneak open, it falls directly on the window, witnessing, the world outside....which is dark, and gloomy as if the sky is finally weeping out it's distraught on people. Like, if it is showing its hatred for the people. Contrary to that, today I'm burning with felicity. The sky contradicts with my mood.

They say whatever is descended down from the sky is a blessing, and I completely and utterly agree with it. For instance, rain today.

I always love to wake up to the sound of rain clashing against my window. The loud cackling of clouds followed by thunder, make me snuggle back in my bed. I take a deep breath, inhaling the smell of the rain.

Just as my eyes droop, my bedroom door is swung open, allowing Neez's shrill, loud voice echo. "School is cancelled. SCHOOL IS CANCELLED!!! SCHOOL IS CANCELLED!! MAAHIRAH!!!" She jumps on my extra bouncy bed, screeching this happy chant.

She grabs my hand, and pulls me up to a sitting position. "MAAHIRRAAAHHH!!"

I laugh at her contagious happiness. "Really?"

"YES. YES. MOMMY SAW ON THE TV."

"Yaay." I engulf her in a hug, throwing her under me, I start tickling her. "School is out. Let's have fun."

She giggles. Her laugh is like as if she is breathing between her laughs. So childish, so carefree. So full of life.

"MAAHIRAH. STOP.....STOP....!!"

"Okaaay." I wink at her. She sits on the bed, and scowls at me.

"You ruined my hair."

"Oh really?" I ask, amused.

"Yes," She puffs up her amber curly hair.

I stare at her. When did she grow up? Where was I? I close my eyes as my conscience starts barking questioning in my mind.

"Maahirah, I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you sad." She says, falling next to me.

"I'm not sad, dear. I was thinking about you."

"About me?" She lays on her stomach, and puts her chin under palms.

"Yes..that my baby's birthday is coming up."

At this, she squeals. "Yes. Yes! It is next week."

"Yep, darling." I kiss her rosy red cheeks.

"You will be there. Mommy and daddy and my friends. We will have so much fun. I will be 7 years old. I'm getting big, Maahirah."

"Yes. Yes. Yes." I pull her into my arms. She immediately hugs me.

"You won't leave, right? I will promise to be a good sister? I would listen to you...but don't leave me."

When Vaneeza was born, I refused to share her with Dad. To me she was a monster, gaining my daddy's attention. The more Dad cooed at her, the more I hated her. My hatred for her went to such a big extent that when Mom was busy in the kitchen and Dad was playing with Neez, I went up to him and said to him that I want to play with her. He refused of course, but I pouted and shed few tears, he eventually gave in.

He made me sit on the floor, criss-crossing my leg over leg. He positioned Neez on my leg. She giggled at me. As soon as, Dad leaned back into his chair, I let her fall from my legs. Her head collided with the floor, and her cries rang in the house. Mom ran from the kitchen while Dad already had her in his arms, rubbing her head.

I was angry to find both of their attention still on my new sister, so I get away to Fadiya's house, at that time she was my neighbour.

Hours later, Dad comes and picks me up on his bike and he takes me for a long ride around the town. All the time, I waited for him to rattle me, but instead, he got me three Kit-Kat, a stuffed Winnie The Pooh and a new school bag. It was at that time he tells me that my Mum (Aseer) would be happy if I was kind to Vaneeza. I can share my toys with her. I can boss her around. I can show her off to my friends. My eight year old self accepted my sister three months after her birth.

A stray tear brushes past my eyes, as I look at my soon to be a seven year old, Neez begging me to not go anywhere. At that minute, I hate everything around me that made me leave my baby sister. I hug her tightly, crying at her innocence, and at my luck.

"I'm not gonna leave you ever again."

Neez takes her time to reply. "If you do, then I will not share my toys with you."

I laugh. "'Course."

Somewhere I hear a ring going on, before I can ponder over it, Vaneeza is shoving my phone in my hands.

"Maahirah, your phone is ringing!" 

"You were sitting on my mobile?" I fake-frown at her.

She giggles. "Yeah."

"I'll see you after the call." Without glancing at the caller, I answer it. "Hello."

I hear some static behind, and then clearing of throat. "Salaam Maahirah."

The phone almost slips from my hand. No. It can't be him. He can't call me now. I almost cancel the call...but as if he could read me, he says. "Don't. Just don't cancel the call."

"Why?" I whisper out. "Why now?"

"A apology won't do anything I know. Can we not talk about my mistakes?" His deep, husky tired voice speaks to me softly.

Flabbergasted at his pride and ego, I grit my teeth and say. "I don't want to talk to you."

"Don't be a child Maahirah."

A child?'"Bloody hell Aayan! Weren't you a child for not returning my calls? I called and you never answered." With every word, my heartbeat accelerates and with his every reply, my tear glands become highly active.

"I said to forget my mistakes." He chides back.

"Oh my God. You disgust me." With that, I cancel the call and switch off my mobile. I hate you, Aayan Aslam.

A sob escapes my throat, as I realize how pathetic I'm to bawl my eyes for someone who has changed so much, who doesn't miss me. How stupid I feel after just hearing his voice....I don't want to miss him, but oh, I miss him.

Neez looks at me with her bug doe-like eyes. "You said a bad word,"

Oh Shoot!

***********************

A short chapter on a request of a dear reader, and that's why the dedication goes to you for being so lovely and amazing and supportive.

Aayan called Maahirah? *gasp* Shocking right? What do you think is on his mind?

Comment your thoughts and spread the word around the world about this book. VOTE VOTE COMMENT COMMENT. <3

Love you all.

Follow me on instagram...wardah_mk7

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 1K 16
βˆ†Caution : Before you start reading, This story is not at all a lovey dovey love story, it has reality, content that might hurt you. Hence,Read only...
13.6K 769 29
He:..., promise me whatever happens we will always be like this. You will never leave me. She: Promise! β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°†β°† She: mom! why can't you u...
292K 26.6K 60
His pov this is the worst point of my life.... don't want to live....but have to because of mom......god plz send somebody who can heal me.....I am d...
11.2K 195 32
21 year old Aara Alyse Lenore daughter of CEO Chrishod and Anastasia Lenore finds herself in a downfall when she meets a handsome stranger who happen...