Alexa. (#1)

By SarrahSamadoni

#908 in Teen Fiction '9/12/2016' #788 in Teen Fiction '18/1/2017' Life could be really tough. It could be sun... More

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
(29)
(30)
(31)
(32)
(34)
(35)
(36)
(37)
(38)
(39)
(40)
(41)
(42)
(43)
(44)
(45)
Acknowledgements
Sequel!
NEW BOOK!

(33)

6.5K 193 17
By SarrahSamadoni

Mom literally woke me up at 8 AM.

I was already dead with exhaustion and tiresome when she came screaming at me to wake up so I can check up on everything she and I had packed in my bag. I groaned and reluctantly woke up. Mom packed me mostly dresses because they were an easily changeable thing. I wanted sweatpants but she refused, saying I should dress like a girl for my boyfriend. I groan again as I sit in my light-wash boyfriend ripped jeans and a white till-the-belly-button T-shirt with black doodles on it and my round sunglasses along with my black converse. If I am going on a road trip, I should go in style.

It was already 11:30 AM- he was kinda late- and I was washed and dressed and was already waiting for Noah's arrival. As if on thought, the doorbell rings. I check that I have my painkillers with me in my backpack and put on my backpack quickly before tightening my high ponytail and placing my sunglasses on my head. I rush downstairs to see Noah and mom sitting in the living room.

"If anything happened, anything at all, call me, okay? And behave, I am only sending her because of her birthday, okay? Take care of yourselves, okay? You have money, right? I gave her some anyways. Please drive safely, I know teens these days love to drive nonchalantly, I was a teen before as well." She babbles quickly. I chuckle as I enter the living room. I glance at Noah and mentally sigh.

How can someone look so good in jeans and a black T-shirt?

"Mom, are you babbling again?" I say, laughing. She playfully glares at me.

"I'm just worried, I never had you that far." She says as she playfully pouts.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Gray. I'll take good care of Alexa." Noah says as he stands up. Mom nods at both of us as she takes in a deep breath.

"Well, I guess this is it, come over here and give me a hug." She says as she opens her arms at me. I put down my backpack as I rush forward and hug her tightly.

"If anything happens, call me or Derek." She whispers in my ear. I nod and hug her tightly before letting go with a grin on my face.

"Okay, off you go, I wanna have my mother's day in." she says as she shoos us out of the door. I laugh as Noah smiles at me before grabbing my backpack and we both get out of the house.

"Hey, I can carry my own bag." I say. He glares at me.

"I am the man here, so I carry these stuff." He says as he buffs his chest. I laugh as I finally take notice of the Land Rover that was in my driveway. It was a silver Land Rover which I don't know what model, but it looked amazing.

"Wow, I never guessed you as the rich one, Black." I say, laughing.

"Well, Gray, you guessed wrong." He says as he laughs as well. I stick my tongue at him as I get in the passenger's seat. He gets in the driver's seat and we both buckle up.

"Have you ever noticed that our last names are both colors?" I say. He nods with a shrug.

"Probably a coincidence." He says with a shrug. "Or, we're destined to be together." He says as he looks at me and wiggles his eyebrows. I laugh at his face expression as he starts driving but on the inside, a piece of me breaks; what is we were destined together? I am going to die sooner or later, what will he do when that happens? I shake my head to clear the negative thoughts out of my head.

"So, what do you want to listen to?" he says. I grab the cassette tapes and start checking them.

"I'm a little bit old fashioned on how I listen to my songs." He says. I nod with a tight smile as I check them, finding one with 'Coldplay' written on it. I grin and put it in the cassette as the music starts rolling through the speakers.

"Nice one." Noah says as he continues to drive his eyes on the road.

"Why do I feel like you are gonna make me exert a hell lot of effort these next 3 days?" I say.

"Well, you should know I am going to do just that, just wait for it. Today will be a chill day as they say, but brace yourself for tomorrow." He says with a smirk as he glances at me sideways.

"God, you're full of surprises, aren't you?" I say with a small smile.

"I just have a lot of connections." He says with a shrug.

"You don't say?" I ask as I feign surprise. He laughs as we continue to drive.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"This is for me to know and for you to eventually see." He says as he starts going to the highway out of the city. We lived on the outcast of the borders so we were kinda close to the highway.

"Are we close?" I say.

"We're never stopping except for sleeping and peeing." He says. I look at him in disgust.

"What if I wanna throw up?" I say.

"I have plastic bags in the backseat as well as food, water, sweets and money. We won't have to stop unless it was for gas or you need to go to the bathroom or we have to sleep. Can you drive, by the way?" he asks. I nod. "Then we won't have to stop." He adds.

"What the hell are you planning?" I say as I laugh.

"I am planning for the best road trip in your whole life." He says. I scoff.

"I have seen better movies." I say. He laughs as he continues driving.

"Why were you late today? You said you were going to pick me up at 10, and you came 11:30, so?" I ask as I cross my arms over my chest.

"I went to the supermarket at literally 9 AM with June, worst mistake in my life. She kept grabbing a hell lot of stuff till it was 11 AM; I dropped her home and then came to get you. That's why there are, like, 20 bags of food in the back seat." And he wasn't lying; the whole back seat was covered in bags, bags and more bags.

"Thank you for doing this." I say as I lean over the controller and kiss his cheek. His neck and ear become a bright red as a blush creeps up his cheeks.

"Oh, is the bad boy blushing?" I coo as I put my hands under my chin and look at him. He scoffs as he clears his throat, turning even a brighter shade of red.

"Me? No, no, I never blush." He says as he shrugs quickly. He clears his throat again as he continues driving. I laugh at his reaction as he continues driving as well. I reach till the back seat and grab a random bag which was really puffed and big. I look inside and see bags and bags of chips of every sort.

"You want chips?" I ask Noah. He nods as I get out the Sour Cream and Onion one and open it. I give Noah one in his mouth as he eats it. It was already 1 PM and we were in the desert. We were still driving while listening to music.

That was all we do, enjoying each other's company.

It was about 5 hours later of talking nonsense and doing particularly nothing. The sun was setting as we were still driving into nowhere. We already ate club sandwiches for lunch and were both just sitting, watching as the sun becomes colored with purple and orange and yellow and blue as the sunset approaches it.

"I want you to do something now." Noah says, interrupting the music flow.

"What?" I say as I sit up.

"Open your window and get your upper half out, and scream." He says as he glances at me quickly.

"What?" I say with a laugh.

"Just do it." he urges me on.

"Okay, Nike sponsor." I say as I roll my window down. I place my feet on the seat and check there are no cars around us. I sigh as I get my upper half out and sit on the window holder as the air slaps my skin softly.

"Scream! Let it all out!" Noah says as he laughs loudly. I laugh as I scream loudly, feeling as if I am flying. Noah screams as well as he increases the volume of the music. I scream again as I put one hand in the air.

"Yeah!" Noah shouts. I look at the setting sun and scream my loudest, at the top of my lungs. I scream in anger, in happiness, in guilt and in wanderlust.

I, just, scream at the top of my lungs.

And for a moment, I feel like I am free. Free from cancer, free from whatever holding me down.

Once I am done, I am out of breath, I get inside again as I roll my window up.

"How are you feeling now?" he says.

"Like I'm free." I say with a smile. He smiles at me as well as the sun sets completely making the sky a light blue and purple. Eventually, Noah starts slowing down and going deeper into the forest till we reach a beautiful meadow.

"Wow." I say as he parks.

"Yeah, I know." He says, opening the car door and getting out. I do as well as the moon shines and illuminates the whole place with its light. Noah opens the trunk of the car and I get to him to see the whole trunk covered in comfy blankets and pillows.

"I told you we'd never stop." He says as he sits and looks at the moon. I sit beside him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"What is with you and star gazing?" I say with a quite laugh. Even though we're all alone, I talk in a hushed voice.

"I just love knowing I am not alone in the world." He says as he looks down at me.

"And why in the world would you think that?" I say as I look at him.

"Because I was alone, but now, I met you." he says. I blush deeply and look away. "Don't ever look away, I love your blush." He says as he turns my head towards him again which makes me blush even harder.

"I feel like I am never alone when I am with you as well." I say as I look at him appreciatively.

"And hopefully you'll never be." He says as he looks at me love in his eyes. Wait- love?

Oh, no.

"Hopefully." I say as I look at his warm brown eyes which are twinkling under the moonlight. Without warning, he leans in and kisses me with so much affection my eyes filled with tears. I kiss him back as guilt bubbles up in me like a kettle with boiling water in it. He pulls away after a while and looks at me with a smile as he puts an arm around me so I'm cuddled to his side. I rest my head on his chest as he plays with my hair slightly. We just sit there with soft music playing in the background. We sit there for hours and hours, listening to each other breathing. His heart beating was like a lullaby to my ears. Suddenly a yawn wrenches its way out of me as my eyes become super droopy.

"You tired?" Noah asks as he looks at me with his warming brown eyes. I nod and for assurance I yawn again. He laughs at me slightly before checking the time in his watch.

"It's already 10 PM, go to sleep." He says as he continues rubbing my back softly. I nod and snuggle into his chest as I fall into the deep, black yet beautiful slumber.

My last thought was that I think I love Noah.

Shit!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 53.7K 51
As a result of the tragic death of her father; Heaven Foster's life has mouldered into a exasperating cycle of moving from one home to another. Con...
298K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
1.6M 32K 26
***AVAILABLE AS A PAPERBACK ON AMAZON*** Warning: More than half the chapters are taken down due to a copyright agreement with the published Amazon v...
310K 9.6K 29
COMPLETED, CURRENTLY EDITING/PARTIALLY REWRITING (please excuse the mess. Some of the plot is being changed so there might be a few areas that get co...