(23)

Filler chapter, change of POVs later on so take care.
Next chapter will be longer, pinky promise.
..............................

"Oh my God, you guys looks so damn cute." I hear as I wake up as long with a 'click' sound. I quickly open my eyes to feel my head on a strong yet soft surface and a heavy metal thing gripping on my west as long with a rock hard chest against my back. I slowly open my eyes to see Mom standing at the end of the bed watching me excitedly in her PJ's. I look behind me and see Noah sleeping while spooning me. I blush as I look at mom as she takes her phone away and puts it in her pocket. She took a picture, of course! Noah stirs a bit before his eyes open and he sees me looking at him. He smiles at me as mom squeals again. His eyes widen as he looks at her before he springs up.

"Mrs. Gray, I am so sorry, I-" he got cut off by mom laughing.

"Noah, Lex texted me yesterday night telling me you'll stay over, and I did much more than that when I was at her age. She's just so innocent." Mom says as she smirks at me before she goes out, winking at us. Noah looks dumbfounded.

"What?" He asks as he turns to me. "You never had a boy in your room?" He asks. I blush as I get up quickly and start at the stairs. "HEY COME HERE!"I hear footsteps behind me as I squeal and run to the kitchen, seeing my mom flip pancakes. I squeal and run behind her as she places the last pancake into a plate. Noah comes and stands in front of her.

"Come on, Lex, I have the right to know. Are you a virgin?" He asks as he laughs. Mom looks at me as if saying 'I'mma tell him.'

"Yeah, she is, Noah." She says as she goes to the cabinet. I put my head in my hands as my face flames in embarrassment.

"Oh, don't you worry, Sunshine." He says as he puts an arm around me as I groan in frustration. Mom laughs at us as she puts 2 plates full of blueberry pancakes in front of us. I cut off a piece and stuff it into my mouth. Mom looks at both of us before taking her cup of coffee and saying she'll go check on her files.

"Oh, and we have Zoë coming today for a girl sleepover, okay?" She says as I nod excitedly. She goes her way as Noah leans over to me.

"You won't be for long, Sunshine." He says, referring to our earlier conversation. My cheeks flame up as I hit him in his arm.

"Inappropriate, no!" I say as I stuff my face with more pancakes. Noah laughs as he gets up, putting his empty plate in the sink.

"I'm gonna change, okay?" He says. I nod, seeing it was already 11 AM. Soon enough, he comes down with his PJ's in hand and wearing one of Zach's outfits. He comes over at me and pulls me in for a quick kiss.

"I want to take you out tomorrow. Remember it's 4th of July." He says. I look at the calendar and see it was already 3rd of July. I nod as he shows himself the way out. I put my plate in the microwave, seeing I only ate half a pancake from the 2 mom put me, and go out to my room. I get out a black tank top seeing that the weather was bit warm for long sleeved. As I get in my bathroom I turn on the lights and take off my t shirt. Looking into the mirror, I gasp.

Bruises from yesterday's paint ball fighting.

Bruises covering my shoulders in my abdomen and arms.

Bruises which were colours before.

Bruises making me gasp and scream for mom to come and help.

The minute she sees me she dials Derek.

I am so screwed.

***********
Noah

I was at my house already. Last night's sleep was the best I had in years. I was sitting in my room when June barges in. I look at her weirdly as she puts her hands over her hips and squints at me.

"What?" I say as I put my phone away.
"Where were you last night?" She says. I smile lightly remembering yesterday.

"I was at Alexa's." I say. June's eyes go wide as she grimaces with disgust.

"EW! EW! NO! I DON'T WANNA HEAR ABOUT YOUR INAPPROPRIATE STUFF! AH! MY VRIGIN EARS!" She screams and I laugh at her while throwing my pillow at her.

"No, we didn't do that, shut up, we just slept, a sleepover?" I say as I wave my hands like an idiot, trying to explain myself. Her mouth takes the shape of an 'O' as she looks sheepishly at me. I glare at her as she sits down beside me. I open my arms for a hug as she settles down beside me and hugs me back.

"What's wrong?" I say. She bites her bottom lip as she looks at me.

"I'm still worried about Alexa. Something is just not right about this whole thing. Like, why would you give out 5,000$ so easily to someone you've never talked to? That's of course before you guys were together but still, she seems always afraid something would happen and after that family meeting it doesn't settle for me. She didn't even eat that much that day, only got on small portion of mom's pasta and then drank orange juice and that was it. I still think something is wrong. Don't you?" She says. I take in a minute to let her words sink in before I nod.

"I agree, but still she doesn't let me in on anything! I told her my life story and she doesn't tell me anything except about her father's death and that's known to everyone already. I wanna know her deepest secrets. There's something she's hiding and the problem is it seems like it's something huge. She's really skinny, she never eats. I am really afraid that she'd be anorexic, June." I say. June gasps and hits me in my arm.

"Don't assume anything, she probably has high metabolism." She says with a nod. "So, what happened yesterday?" She adds. I start telling her about it all and that crazy girl that wanted me and went all ballistic on Alexa. June laughs at this.

"You really do charm girls, Noah." she says as she completes laughing. I push her off the bed playfully as she falls on the ground with a yelp and a thump. It was my turn to laugh. She groans as she gets up.

"What will you do tomorrow?" She asks. I smile.

"You know, the usual surprising Alexa. I need you to pick a 4th of July outfit for me." I say. She raises her eyebrow at me as she nods.

"Don't worry. But, Noah, tomorrow, try to talk to her, I wanna make sure she's okay." She says as she goes out of the room. I sigh as I slump down and slam my head on the pillow.

Well, not more than me, June, not more than me.