(12)

"Oh, hell no, you aren't gonna do that!" Shouts Zoë, grabbing the attention of a few customers around us. I smile apologetically at them for the disturbance before I turn to glare at Zoë, which she returns as well as Derek.

"Yes, Zoë, can't you see? I am causing the three of them unnecessary pain, they don't need to endure this!" I say, taking a sip of my chocolate milkshake.

"Are you crazy, Lex? Like, God, Aiden's a jerk, big deal! But why give up so early?!" Derek says. I look at him weirdly.

"Hey, you were the one who was accusing me for complete and utter craziness when I made this, now you're saying that I should keep doing it? Bipolar much, Derek?" I say with a chuckle. Zoë groans.

"Lex, we don't mean it like that, it's just, you looked really so happy when you made that deal, why end it? Aiden was an asshole! Forget about him, screw that!" Zoë says, taking a bite from her cheeseburger. I envy that girl's metabolism.

"He wasn't that harsh! You weren't there, Z..." I trail off. She scoffs as she looks at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Well, I guess you figure out much when you see your best friend sitting in front of a diner crying her eyes out!" She says, again raising her voice and her arms in an overly dramatic way. "Lex, he was really mean, and when I see him, I'll show him what is it like to have a black eye and a busted lip! But, that shouldn't stop you from completing this, and you're not being selfish, because they would've known sooner or later, and from what I know about Zach, he would've felt really guilty and wouldn't of stopped crying and a lot of other headache-triggering stuff, so, please, just stop this overload thinking and live a little. You're the one who should be the most convinced of this now, don't stop because of some douchebag!" Zoë says. I sigh deeply but nod, not really believing her. She smiles as she takes another bite and I take another sip of my milkshake.

"So, what happened over these few days?" I say, trying to lift the mood up again. Zoë perks up at this as Derek groans.

"Oh no, not again!" He groans quietly, putting his head in his hands. Zoë glares at him before turning to me, her eyes shining.

"O.M.G, you wouldn't believe how cute that boy from the store was! He was so effin' cute, and he had this amazing green eyes and......." she starts. I try to focus on listening but my mind drifts somewhere else,

I am not being selfish, am I?

Well, as a matter of fact, I am kinda selfish. It's enough that I am already hurting Zoë, mom and Derek and this is inevitable for them! Why cause another triple to endure this? Should I complete it though? Maybe I shouldn't. But, I probably should just give him a heads up? God, what should I do?

"Lex? Are you even listening to me?" Zoë says, raising an eyebrow. I snap out of my thoughts at her voice.

"Yeah?" It comes out like a question.

"Oh, so what was I saying?" She says, finishing her hamburger and dusting off her hands.

"I wasn't listening to you." I say with a 'busted' smile. She sighs as she smiles at me.

"So, what will you do?" Derek says. I sigh again.

"I am, just, um, gonna call it off, I guess, they don't deserve this and I should spend my last days with you guys! I feel like I abandoned you these days, so, yeah, I guess?" I say, finishing my milkshake. Zoë groans again.

"Alexa! We already discussed this!" Derek says.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean I agree." I say. They both glare at me before Derek breaks it with a sigh.