Never Let Go [EXO Chen Fanfic...

By ahwaeee

Some things are meant to be gone. When you lose someone important, you'll know someone new. Letting go of the... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1: Miracles in 'January'
Chapter 2: Back
Chapter 3: Same
Chapter 4: Kim Yoonhye
Chapter 5: New neighbor
Chapter 6: New job
Chapter 7: Help Me
Chapter 8: Aren't
Chapter 9: Taemin
Chapter 10: Showcase
Chapter 11: Pepero
Chapter 12: Talk
Chapter 13: Wedding
Chapter 14: Reject
Chapter 15: Engagement
Chapter 16: Memories
Chapter 17: Truth
Chapter 19: Leaving
Chapter 20: Same Person
Chapter 21: Again
Chapter 22: Together
Chapter 23: Forever
Chapter 24: Exposed
Chapter 25: Over
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 18: They Are

264 27 2
By ahwaeee

Yoonhye's P.O.V.

"Phew, that was close." I placed my hands over my heart and mumbled to myself. I couldn't just tell Chen that I just used him to escape from my father's people, isn't it?

Earlier in the studio, the reason why I suddenly kissed him is because my father's people were searching for me. They wanted to bring me back home, locking me up there.

Even though the Kim's had rejected the engagement, but father wouldn't let me go. I don't know the reasons why he always wanted me to stop working for SM Entertainment as Chen's assistant.

I couldn't find Taemin for almost two weeks already. His phone was shut down and he's not going to the company to work. I wonder where he had been. I called back to the mansion for a few times but the maids there told me that Taemin never went back at all.

I went back into my room and plopped down on my bed. I shut my eyes and thought of someone that I had met recently.

His name is Kim Myungsoo. He told me that he knew me before. He told me that he know who I really am. He even showed me some pictures of us, claiming that he is my boyfriend.

It's hard for me to believe someone, but I am really curious about my past.

He said that if I want to know about my past, I can follow him to Japan, as he lives there. I wanted to wait for Taemin's response, if he knows who the Myungsoo is.

I don't know how long have I been lying in the bed, until I heard loud knocks coming from the door. I jumped up from the bed and went to open the door. I opened the door and revealed Chen who was still in his earlier outfit.

He smiled slightly as soon as he saw me. "Can I come in?"

I turned around and checked on the time. "But it's one in the midnight now. I need to sleep."

"I have a few words. Only a few. It wouldn't take a long time."

I hesitated for a while and said, "Alright."

As I turned around, I felt him hugged me from behind. He placed his chin on my shoulders and mumbled, "Please...let me hug you for a while."

I don't know how long it is that we actually stayed like this. Maybe around five minutes, I guess. Sometimes, I really don't know what he is thinking about. He said that he loves me, but I don't know, if it's just because I actually look exactly like his ex-girlfriend.

People make mistakes. He might just think that he loves me, because I look exactly like his ex-girlfriend. I still remember what Yoojin told me last time. He wished that I can help him to move on.

But the problem now is, I don't even know if he had move on or not. It could also be that he doesn't really like me.

"I've received a letter from her." He suddenly said, releasing me from the hug.

"Who?"

"Yoonhye. What I mean is, my previous girlfriend." He held my hands and said, "Come on, let's go in."

"Do you believe in doppelganger?" He asked, as we sat down in the couch. I've lost count how many times had he asked me about this question.

I just shook my head. He chuckled and said, "I don't believe in that too." He leaned forward slightly and moved nearer to me. "But there wouldn't be two people who looks alike, isn't it?" He smiled a bit and asked.

I slightly bit my lips, not knowing what to answer. He leaned down and pecked my lips. "Yoonhye, I hope that you'll believe in me. I love you because you are you, not because you look like her."

"It's just your obsession, nothing else." I said quietly.

"It's not obsession, Yoonhye. I know my heart clearly. It beats for you, really." He held my hands and said.

Suddenly, I wanted to know my past. I wanted to know what happened for the passing twenty years, before I wake up in the hospital in England.

I pushed him away and sat up. "It's late now, Chen. I'm tired."

The words that he said after that surprised me much. He just pulled me into his arms and said, "Hmm, I am tired too. I'll just sleep here." I struggled out from his arms and said, "You should go back."

"I'm not going." He shut his eyes and mumbled. I sighed and got up from the couch, entering my room and get a pillow and a blanket. I gave it to him and turned back to my room.

"Can't I sleep with you?" He asked out of all sudden.

I turned around and shook my head, saying, "No."

"Ahh wae?" He suddenly whined. I frowned at him. He jumped up from the couch and rubbed my forehead slightly. "Don't frown. I don't like that."

I took his hands away from me and said, "You've got two choices. Sleep in the couch, or go back to your house."

He curled his lips and said, "I'll sleep here, in the couch. But under one condition, you have to accompany me for a while first."

"Ahh, then you better go back to your house and sleep." I gave up and said.

"Choose one, let me sleep with you, or accompany me in here." He said beside my ears.

"I'll go and wash up." I pushed him away and said. He smiled at me with the joy of victory all over his face.

When I came out from the bathroom after changing into my pajamas, I was surprised to find Chen lying on my bed.

"Oh, you're done. I figured out that I still like the first choice that I gave you better." He grinned widely at me and said.

"Jerk." I mumbled and tied my hair up into a low ponytail. He sat up from the bed and asked, "What did you said earlier?"

"Nothing." I replied. "I remember that I only give you two choices. Couch or go back."

"There's always an exceptional." He shrugged and said, still grinning widely.

I decided to give up in arguing with him. What can I do? He'll just insist sleeping with me.

Just when I lay down on the bed, he rolled over and hugged me tightly.

"Go away, I'm really tired."

"Me too. I've been working for the whole day, non-stop." He yawned and replied. One of his arms was over my waist, while another is caressing my head. He pulled down the rubber band that I used to tie my hair and mumbled, "Your hair smell good."

I was so tired that I didn't even bother to talk to him anymore. When I was half asleep, I seemed to hear him saying something. "How good will it be, if you're really the same person."

-------

Chen's P.O.V.

It's hard for me to sleep for the whole night, thinking of the letter. I've sent a message to Baekhyun, asking him help me to do a research on Taemin hyung and the Yoonhye I know now.

Honestly, after the letter, I somehow assumed that she never died at all, and Taemin hyung knew about that. I thought about the possibilities and if she didn't die, she might be the one who is in my arms for the whole night last night.

When I got up, she was still sleeping. I removed my arms from her waist quietly and got down from her bed. I leaned down and kissed her forehead slightly, and then left her house after preparing a simple breakfast for her. Baekhyun had asked me to meet up with him, in the café downstairs of his agency.

To be honest, I don't like going up to his agency, mostly because first, it's messy. Second, it's dirty. I don't know how long that he haven't been cleaning it up.

"How are you and Yoonhye now?" Baekhyun asked, as I sat down across her.

"We're great."

"Together?" He asked.

I shook my head slightly and said, "Not really, but I am close to it."

"I don't know, if this is a good news or a bad news to you, Jongdae. Of course, I'll assume that you think that it's a good one." He smiled widely at me and said. He pushed an envelope towards me.

I took over the envelope and started reading the information inside.

Lee Taemin, the heir of Lee Company, son of Lee Sooman. Doesn't stay in the Lee Mansion, he moved out from there after completing his trip in Europe five years ago. Have a younger sister named Lee Yoonhye.

Lee Yoonhye, the heir of Lee Company, son of Lee Sooman. Just like her brother, she doesn't stay in the mansion as well. She just came back from England by January. Been in England for five years. Have an elder brother named Lee Taemin.

Kim Yoonhye, a famous writer who had passed away. Has a brother named Lee Taemin. Followed her mother's surname because she was being take care by her mother for twelve years until she passed away. Was being brought into the Lee family after her mother's death. Had a boyfriend named Kim Myungsoo and Kim Jongdae before.

"Baekhyun, does that means...that they are the same person?" I looked up and asked.

Baekhyun nodded heavily and said, "Yes, they are."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 1.3K 33
Sequel to 'Why should we even know each other from the start?'. A new version story of Chen-Hye couple. Notes: I'm not going to write a description f...
94.7K 3K 35
Why should we even know each other from the start? Jocelyn and Chen were friends since they're young. Chen was known as the troll, always messes up w...
54 1 23
This is about a girl who wants to forget her past and move on but it doesn't happen The past will always be with u no matter what What will she cho...
7.5K 153 31
MARRIED LIFE IS LIKE RIDING A ROLLER COASTER . IT HAS UPS AND DOWNS, TWISTS AND TURNS, but IT'S YOUR CHOICE TO SCREAM OR JUST ENJOY THE RIDE. It...