Fake World. Real Experiences.

Por JoshR2

Welcome one and all to SAO! The new hit video game in the virtual reality market! Or should I say, the "Death... Más

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1: Reality's Ignorance
Chapter 2: Welcome to Sword Art Online
Chapter 3: The Death Game Begins
Chapter 4: Preparations
Chapter 5: The First Boss
Chapter 6: The Silver Wolves
Chapter 7: Betrayal of the Succubus
Chapter 8: Heeding the Call
Chapter 9: Hospitalized
Chapter 10: The Red Swordsmen
Chapter 11: Forging a Friendship
Chapter 12: By The Riverside
Chapter 13: Heartbeat
Chapter 14: One Chance
Chapter 15: The Royal Atrax
Chapter 16: She who Walks in Shadows
He who Rises From Shadows
Chapter 17: Crimson Onslaught
Chapter 18: Bleed Out
Chapter 20: The Dragon Slayer, and His Smith
Chapter 21: Good Riddance
Chapter 22: Past of The Shadow Walker
Chapter 23: You and I
Chapter 24: It's Time
Chapter 25: The Dance of Red Swordsman
The Bookmark: Goodbye For Now.

Chapter 19: Aftermath

64 0 0
Por JoshR2

"Josh...wake up Love." A familiar voice rang into my ears.

I felt this similar situation before. So I knew how things were. I was awaking from my special skill. I lifted my eyes open, and to my surprise, rather than be chilling on a cold boss floor, I was looking up as castle roof. Nice to know I won't always have to have a terrible back pain every time. I looked around the room. There was Athena, Mira, and Heathcliff. them looking a bit more positive as I woke up.

"...Hey guys..." I said weakly.

"Your back! You're just as stubborn as Connor,huh?" Mira spoke softly.

Athena hugged me as I sat up on the bed. I noticed as my sheets fell off my torso, I wasn't wearing my silly looking armor anymore. I guess i was gonna have to return it sooner than later. Wait, does mean I was mugged?

"I took the armor we loaned you. It was only for the raid after all." Heathcliff said, his deep voice echoes in the stone room. I hug Athena back now, and then we separate.

"So...I guess my little demon is not so much a secret,huh?" I asked.

"You mean Crimson Onslaught?" Mira asked. I nodded.

"I only know it activated because the way my head is ringing right now...and the condition I woke up in. As you guys could probably tell...I'm not very...'Me' when that happens." I confess.

Heathcliff nods. "It is a very powerful skill you have, but in return you lose yourself to it." H says in a formal fashion.

"Well when you put it that way, you make it sound like it's fair." I said with a sigh.

Heathcliff stared at me for a brief moment, then exited the room.

"Once you're feeling up to walk, Heathcliff asked me to escort you to the main room to speak to you, he didn't tell me much otherwise. I should mention we are in the new castle for the Knights of Blood, the others were complaining that the old place was to small." Mira told me. I nodded, looking at the ceiling as I laid my head back down.

"Thanks."

"Huh?" Mira said, her head tilting somewhat.

"For making sure I didn't wake up to a stone floor." I said playfully. Mira smiles, nodding, standing from her chair, and leaving the room.

It was just me and Athena now.

"...W-why didn't you tell me anything?!" Athena scolded.

I turned my head to her, stunned at the tone in her voice.

"I was worried sick when Mira told me what was happening! You just as well could have had me help to, ya know! I'm not that scaredy cat anymore!" She continued.

I shush her softly, Athena did so slowly.

'It's alright...after all I'm alive, right? I'm sorry, I should have told ya something, but I was worried you would...well, worry. I didn't think the boss would be all that bad, considering our levels. Then of course God made to come in out of left field as be like 'Nope'" I explained.

Athena just smiled at my silliness. One thing we had in common, we can't stay mad at eachother for too long. Athena sighed, and crawled in the bed with me, straddling me.

I felt my heart jolt in surprise. She laid down on me, hiding her face in my neck, I move my head to let her have more room.

"Yes...all that really matters in the end is that Joshie is safe~" Athena said with a chuckle. I smile.

"You are just too adorable sometimes, ya know that?" I tell her, wrapping my arms around her waist. She grins at me, and kisses my forehead.

"Mhm. I know, but your handsome, so it evens out." She told me with a joyful smile.

"Well as long as I keep my word, and keep you safe...then I don't want anything else." I tell her.

She smiles as a response. From there, it was quiet. Not the tense, uneasy kind. The kind where words weren't needed. The kind only lovers would understand. I saw Athena's cheeks get rosy, her head coming down to mine.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what was incoming.

After almost a year of knowing her, our lips finally met, and we kissed each other sweetly. It wasn't sexual, the way we did it, or the fact she was completely over me. It was romantic. That is what this moment was. After a while, our lips parted, Athena panting lightly as she tried to get the lost air from the kiss.

"You do know you can breath through your nose, right?" I tell her playfully, her cheeks turning more red. But mine were also cherry colored, so I'm hardly innocent.

"R-really? I never thought of that...although I've never kissed a guy before, or anyone like that more the matter." She replied.

"I see...well I'm honored to be your first Love." I say with a smile.

Athena giggled quietly, her getting off of me, and stretching. While all this was nice, it doesn't change the facts of the situation. That we only met because of Sword Art Online. A game that could take either one of us out.

I stand up as well, equipping my armor and blade. The Red Swordsmen was back to his original colors!

"Alright, let's go see what he wanted." I tell Athena. She nods, wrapping her arm around mine as we make our way out the room. Mira was waiting for us on the other end of the hall, and the three of us made our way to the room Heathcliff asked Mira to take me.

Mira kindly held the door as we walked in. In the room, a curved table stood, many men in red and white armor sitting on the far end of it. Heathcliff and Sir Drake among them. Ya know, as nice as these guys are, they never once drop the intimidation they have. It was giving the room a unneeded tense feeling.

"Mira, would you have the girl and yourself wait outside of the room?" Sir Drake asked. She nodded, and Mira exited Athena out of the room. I approached the table.

"So...I'm here, what did you want to talk about?" I asked, looking at the many members of the guild.

"Josh...we know you are a very strong player in this game, the 3rd strongest even. This a person we can't just ignore anymore." Drake begins.

"We need you Josh. Please...join The Knights of The Blood Oath." Heathcliff finished, his grey eyes on me.

I felt my heart skip a beat. Am i actually getting a chance to join the most praised guild in SAO? Heathcliff, Sir Drake and the other stared at me for the longest time, waiting for an answer from me.

"W-well, I'm honored that you want me to fight alongside you...but I'm not really looking to join any guilds right now." I tell him.

They looked at each other with surprised looks.

"Why is this the case Sir Josh? Mira is in the Knights of Blood, so maybe-" Drake asked.

"Ahem, Drake.." Heathcliff interrupted. He stood up from his chair, his hands on the table.

"Why is this Joshua?"

I lightly clench my fist behind my back

"Well...I'm hardly worthy of a guild like this. Even if Mira is in it. Plus I do better in smaller groups, so I think I'd get overwhelmed by you guys. Sorry if that upsets you." I explained.

The many men at the table discussed something under their breath, not letting me hear what was the subject of their hidden conversation. They all look at Heathcliff, him nodding.

"Josh...what if I told you I know a means for you to always be able to control your ability?" He said sharply.

My eyes widened in surprise.

"You know a way for me to control that!?" I asked.

Thoughts begin to spin around in my head. Do I join them so I can get that information? Or will I be able to find that out on my own?

"How about this Josh." Heathcliff begins.

"We could settle this with a duel. If you win,I will tell you how to permanently dispose of the Crimson Curse side effect of your skill. No strings attached. But if you lose, You have to join the Knights of the Blood Oath, without knowing the information."

I bite my lip. This was a hard choice. I really wanted to know that information, but the only way to get it was to duel the strongest player in Sword Art Online. It would be fun to duel a guy that I know is stronger than me for a change...actually, it would be amazing!

"I'll Have to put it in consideration." I reply. The men shoot me a smile.

Well...a duel huh, probably gonna have a huge as hell audience. I'll have to get more in sync with my sword to be able to give Heathcliff a good beat down.

Sword...sword...why is that word echoing in my head all of a sudden.

"OH!" I bursted out, turning to the door on the heel of my foot.

Sire Drake rose from his seat.

"What is the matter, Sir Josh?!" But before i could reply, I was already opening the door.

"Sorry! I gotta dragon to slay!"

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

62.2K 6.1K 121
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
626 23 5
Y/n L/n and Co. meet in the new VR MMO game "Sword Art Online" and find themselves exploring the game, interacting with strange new creatures, player...
233 21 14
2 years after the events that take place in the "Alicization" arc. The year is 2028 and the VRMMORPG that shook the entire world, Sword Art Online, i...
86.6K 1.8K 17
Based off the hit anime series Sword Art Online here's my little fan fiction I came up with. (I own none of the content from SAO) When reality become...