Don't Go Thorin Oakenshield

Da TanaMikolon

Hėlla was kicked out of her clan. When she finds Gandalf, she joins the company of Thorin Oakenshield and fin... Altro

I'm Not A Mole!
RUN!
Nice Bear
Mirkwood
Bath Time
The Bowman
Lake-town
The Mountain
Smaug
The Beginning of the End Part 1
The Beginning of the End Part 2
Thorin!

Hang On

3.1K 61 8
Da TanaMikolon

Scene 3

▪▪▪▪

We left Rivendell before the sun was in the sky. We left without Gandalf. That was the plan, I guess.

"Be on your guard. We're about to step over the edge of the wild" Thorin said, stepping aside. "Balin, you know these paths. Lead on."

I was walking behind Bilbo when he stopped and took a good look at Rivendell. I rolled my eyes and passed him.

"Master Baggins, I suggest you keep up," Thorin said to Bilbo.

I passed Thorin, but he walked close to me.

"Hėlla, if you would like to stay, you can turn around now."

I could tell that me being here made him annoyed.

"No, I'd like to stay with you. A girl needs an adventure too, Thorin." I replied, shouting behind me.

▪▪▪▪

We walked through grasslands into the snowy top mountains. On the walk, the dwarves talked to me. All besides Thorin. I get a vibe that he doesn't really like me...

In the mountains, it started to storm. Thunder pounded down like Thor's hammer. Lightning struck the mountain tops. The rain made the rocks slippery and difficult to walk on. Bilbo almost fell over because of the rain. Gloin and I helped pull him back.

Suddenly, Dwalin yells. "Look out!"

A huge bolder flies through from the fog and mist, hitting the rock above us. Everyone covered their heads as the rock fell down into the pit of darkness, below.

"This is no thunderstorm," Balin informs us. "It's a thunder-battle!"

And well enough, there were giant rock men throwing rocks at each other like children. Stone-Giants were fighting and we were in the middle of it all. That's not the worst part. The rocks we were standing on... started to move. A Stone-Giant got up and started swinging us around. Of course, we all were screaming. It was so difficult to hold on with all the tossing and turning the Giant was doing. The giant I was on lost his head. He knelt down and fell. We all flew onto another ledge. The others made it on the ledge. I wasn't so lucky. I was holding on the edge. The slipperiness made it hard to pull myself up. I couldn't. The other dwarves ran over to make sure we were okay. I was beginning to think they weren't going to notice I was gone. But Bofur did.

"Where's Hėlla? Where's the lady Dwarf?" Bofur frantically questioned.

I slipped and screamed, but my hand caught a hole in the wall. The others must have heard because they all were yelling 'grab my hand.' I would have, but couldn't. My arms were too short to reach them.

Suddenly Thorin swung down and grabbed me. He saved my life. Dwalin had to save Thorin before he fell. Bofur grabbed me and held me tight.

"I thought we'd lost our newest member," Bofur said.

"She's been lost ever since she left home." Thorin coldly said, looking back at me. "She should never have come. She has no place amongst us."

Thorin was right. I was kicked out of my own home. I had nowhere to go. I didn't know what to do. Maybe I'm not a dwarf. I was always told I didn't look like one.

"It's alright." Bofur sweetly told me.

I wiped the stray tear from my face and followed him into a cave. I'm not going to give up because a mean dwarf said things. Thorin is going to like it rather he wants to or not.

When Thorin sat down, I sat down with him.

"Thank you." I softly said, looking at him. "For saving me. I owe you my life, I guess."

Thorin did not look at me. "You owe me nothing." His voice was cold.

It felt like he froze my veins. "Do you not like me because I'm a girl or because I almost got you killed?" My words were bold along with my stare that was projected on him. Thorin would not speak, so I stood up and left.

Bofur offered me a spot next to him, so I took it. He let me use his legs for a pillow. I didn't mind Bofur. He was funny, nice, and he seemed to treat me with respect. Unlike some Dwarves.

I was woke up by Bofur's voice and movement. Bilbo was going to leave us. Well, them. And Bofur was questioning him, trying to make him stay. But Bildo didn't want to, so Bofur wished him all the luck in the world. That's when the Bilbo's sword started to glow blue. Mine did as well. The Elves created their swords to glow blue when orcs or goblins were close by.

I quickly stood up when the ground started to creek and growl as if it was alive.

Thorin must have heard because he scrambled to his feet and ordered everyone to wake up. He was too late. The floor opened up and dropped everyone through. We all slid through these twisty tunnels, dropping us in this blow thing. Suddenly goblins poured all over us all. They were grabbing and clawing at us with their nasty, dirty hands. We tried to fight, but there was too many. One even bit my arm. Trying to fight their grip, I looked back and saw the little hobbit, hiding. None of the goblins seem to notice to him.

We all, besides Bilbo, we're taken to the Goblin King. Ugh! He was nasty! He had this huge... fat... flap of skin for a chin with white strands for hair. Goblins, in general, are gross. There were so many goblins. They were crawling out nowhere.

"Who would be so bold as to come armed into my kingdom?" The Goblin King questioned, spitting when he talked. "Spies? Thieves? Assassins?"

I cringed at the sound of his creepy voice.

"Dwarves, your Malevolence." The goblin, holding Kili answered.

"Dwarves!" The King shouted.

"We found them on the front porch." The goblin replied.

The way he said it made me giggle. Which made Dwalin glare at me.

"Well, don't just stand there. Search them." The King ordered. "Every crack. Every crevice."

A goblin jumped on me and started to feel me up, searching for weapons. I pulled away, but he just came closer. Screaming didn't help either. I felt violated by a stupid goblin! I shivered as the thing touched my body. I crept closer to Dwalin, thinking that's a good place to stand. Since he was tallish and had an 'I'll kill you if you look at me' look.

"What are you doing in these parts? Speak!" The King ordered, but no one would talk. "Very well. If they will not talk, we'll make them squawk."

The crowd of goblins cheered.

"Bring up the mangler. Bring up the bone-breaker. Start with the girl." The King said, pointing at me.

I tried to hide behind Dwalin, but they knew I was already there.

"Wait!" Thorin loudly shouted, stepping forward.

The Goblin King seemed surprised, but happy at the sight of Thorin. "Well, well, well. Look who it is. Thorin, son of Thrain, son of Thror..."

That's creepy. Why does everyone know so much about Thorin?

"King under the mountain." The goblin sarcastically said, bowing. "Oh, but I'm forgetting. You don't have a mountain. And you're not a king... which makes you nobody, really."

What a dick move!

The large goblin snorted. "I know someone who would pay a pretty price for your head. Just a head, nothing attached. Perhaps you know of whom I speak. An old enemy of yours. A pale orc, astride a white warg."

Oh, Thorin did not like those words.

"Azog the Defiler was destroyed! He was slain in battle long ago." Thorin coldly told the goblin.

The goblin wore a sly smile. "So you think his defiling days are done, do you?"

The big King had this plan to beat and break all of us. He even made a song and everything. But his plan didn't turn out well. They found the goblin sword which made them only beat us. Then Gandalf intervened with it.

We fought our way out of the hell hole. Not much to say about the fighting, besides it was FUN! We had to improvise well fighting. But seeing Thorin fight was, just, WOW! During our fleeing, the goblin King tried stopping us, but Gandalf killed him. There were too many goblins, so we ran to daylight.

▪▪▪▪

We ran down the mountainside, slowly down to count the bodies. But Bilbo was missing.

"Where's Bilbo? Where is our hobbit?" Gandalf questioned.

"Curse that Halfing! Now he's lost?" Dwalin spat.

They all started fighting and blaming each other.

"I think I saw him slip when they first collared us," I told Gandalf, stepping closer to him.

"What happened, exactly? Tell me?" Gandalf ordered.

He must really care for this hobbit...

"I'll tell you what happened. Master Baggins saw his chance and he took it. He has thought of nothing but his soft bed and his warm hearth since first he stepped out of his door. We will not be seeing our Hobbit again. He is long gone." Thorin announced, standing high and might in a rock.

He didn't look that bad up there. And finally l, someone that he does not like more than me.

But of course, Bilbo popped out of nowhere. Everyone started to question how he made it out. Bilbo made this sweet speech about his books and armchair and how he will help them take their home back if he can.

The chase wasn't over. There were wargs howling. We all started to run. But we ran to a dead end, so Gandalf ordered us to climb in the trees. I was near Thorin. He got this sudden spike of fear and anger.

"Azog." He whispered, pushing a tree branch away.

I leaned over to him. "Don't be doing anything stupid," I warned him.

But he didn't listen. Thorin was so fixed on the pale orc.  The orc yelled words and wargs attacked the trees. Jumping, trying to knock us out of them. The trees started to fall, so we all jumped tree to tree. Trying not to fall. We all were in one big pine tree. The pine stood at the edge of the cliff. Suddenly we were lighting pine cones and throwing them. I managed to hit a Warg in the face. That's when the tree started to fall. The weight was too much. It barely hung on.

"Thorin!" I shouted as he walked off the tree.

He ran through the fire and attacked Azog. But he was knocked down. Bilbo and I climb off the tree and ran after him. Thorin was laying on the ground, helpless. An orc was going to cut off his head. Bilbo jumped and attack the orc, killing him. I ran to Thorin's side, checking him. He looked up at me and slowly closed his eyes. Bilbo jumped in front of us.

"Thorin, come back," I whispered.

That's when the other dwarves ran over and helped. They attacked the other orcs. I should fight, but I couldn't leave Thorin.

Suddenly there were these loud screeching. I was picked up by large claws and thrown over the side. I landed on a giant eagle.

Why? Why couldn't I leave him?

▪▪▪▪

The Eagles dropped us off on a huge rock thing. Bilbo and I rushed over to Thorin and watched Gandalf save him.

"The Halfing, Hėlla." Thorin gasped.

"They are quite safe," Gandalf replied, looking at us, smiling.

Thorin got up and looked at Bilbo. "You! What were you doing? You nearly got yourself killed!" Thorin spat, making his way to Bilbo. "Did I not say that you would be a burden? That you would not survive in the wild? That you had no place amongst us? I have never been so wrong in all my life." Then Thorin was hugging Bilbo.

Thorin looked at me. He gave me a smile.

"You." He whispered.

Thorin came over, wrapped his arms around me, laid me back, and kissed me. I tried to fight it, but instead, I leaned into his kiss. The others cheered. Thorin lifted me up. I giggled as I looked in his eyes.

Then he went to the edge, watching a mountain in the distance.

"Our home." He said.

I came up from behind him and grabbed his hand. 

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

104K 2.9K 30
"Arya, they need you, even if they don't know it yet." A child, taken away from her father and brother too soon. A warrior willing to give her life f...
63.9K 1.4K 22
Thorin Oakenshield had a daughter. However, he knew not of her. She was taken from Erebor before Smaug came. Gandalf the Grey gave her to a Hobbit by...
326K 13.1K 50
You have grown up under the care of Radagast the Brown, and on an errand to King Thranduil of Mirkwood you encounter Thorin Oakenshield's Company, th...
138K 3.4K 70
On a rainy night, Emeryn seeks out Thorin Oakenshield at the Prancing Pony. Having been sent by Gandalf himself, she convinces the Prince to reclaim...