My Chance [Levi Ackerman X OC...

By toxictaem

[Completed] "And... You were really good looking." I fiddled my thumbs. "I prefer hot." More

Before we start
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue
7 Years Later
Alternate Ending
Trust

Chapter 5

11.4K 296 242
By toxictaem

Chance's POV
"Ready to go?" Levi's raspy voice asked.

  "Yep." I clicked my tongue. He sighed and lead me towards a rather large dining hall, where Eren and the other squad members were already seated. I timidly took a seat next to an orange haired girl, since she was the only girl there. Levi sat in the middle of the long table and began speaking.

  "Today we have two new recruits entering the special operations squad, Eren Jaeger and Chance. Introduce yourselves to them." Levi picked up his white teacup and started sipping the remaining liquids.

  "Hi! I'm Petra! Nice to meet you guys!" The girl next to me smiled brightly.

  "Yo." I stated. As you can see, I'm not AS sociable at first.

"I'm Eld." A tall blonde guy smiled "and this is Gunther." He pointed to a black haired dude.

  "I'm Oluo, don't get to cocky rookies, just because you got hand picked by the Cap-" he got cut off by a disgusting-sounding squishing sound, as it looked like, he bit his own tongue. I laughed a little. This Oluo was hilarious.

  "Nice to meet you all." Eren smiled.

  "Yeah." I said warily.

   Now that we're done with the petty introductions, we need to get on with the serious business." Levi placed down the cup gently.

  "Cleaning." I snorted. All heads turned to me. Levi smirked.

  "Exactly."

I swept the surface and corners of my room, dusted the shelves and wiped the windows. I'm used to this. I thought as I made my bed the 11th time so that is would meet Levi's standards. I took a step back and admired my work from afar.

"Not bad." Levi said strolling in.

"I know right." I smirked.

  "Why don't you he help Jaegar and Petra. They sure need it." Levi bashed and strutted away. I laughed a bit and walked towards the guest room, where Eren and Petra were talking.

  "Yo." I walked in.

"Hello Chance!" Petra smiled.

   "Whatcha talking about?" I grabbed a spare broom.

"Captain Levi." Eren looked at me.

  "Oh? What about him?" This caught my interest. Suddenly Petra's cheery voice turned into a low whisper.

"Did you know the Captain was once an underground thug?" She whispered. I froze. News sure did get out fast.

  "U-um really?" I turned away from them to hide my nervous expression.

"Yeah. I also heard that Commander Erwin had to drag him up here to the Scouts, and he came really unwantingly!" Petra giggled.

"More like murderously... " I stated. I quickly slapped my hand over my mouth as soon as that one word left my mouth.

"What?" Petra asked.

"Heh nothing, um, let's get on with the cleaning. Knowing Le- the Captain he would be horrifyingly furious if we didn't get this little room done with three people."  I said a little too quickly and started sweeping at a rapid speed. I bet Petra and Eren are wondering what the hell was wrong with me but whatever.

"I'm done sweeping." I soon said and turned around. I turned to see Eren and Petra throwing dusters at each other. One giant tick mark appeared on my head.

"What the actual hell is wrong with you guys! GET TO WORK I DON'T WANT TO BE STUCK CLEANING FOR THE WHOLE DAY!!!" I raged. I know I'm really overreacting, but come on! No one wants to be stuck here cleaning all day because of two incompetent fools. I'm guessing I looked really menacing because they all collected their dusters with a terrified expression, and silently started making the bed and dusting the books and desks after a salute of "YES MA'AM!" I pinched the bridge of my nose and started helping Eren with the shelves. Soon enough we were all done.

  "Hmm," I inspected every inch of the room, to make sure there wasn't any dust particles too small for a naked eye to see, but big enough for the snappy Captain to. How the hell does he manage to pick out so many faults with such small eyes? Damn you Levi.

"It's not bad." I quoted Levi's earlier words. Eren and Petra sighed in relief and collapsed on the ground, back to back, in complete synchronization. I rubbed my temples and stalked out of the room. I soon realized how parched my throat was and a craving for either tea or iced water came over me. Soon I decided that I wanted some black tea.

I walked towards the kitchen and grabbed a tea pot and started to boil some water in it. I walked towards a cupboard where there were a lot of tea leaves stashed in there and grabbed a golden tin, container that read. TWININGS OF LONDON CLASSICS EARL GREY TEA. I smiled. Perfect, my favourite black tea brand. Brings back memories.

As soon as the water was boiling I poured 1/4 of the remaining tea leaves in a wired strainer. I left that on the counter for the flavour to sink in. I heard footsteps coming to the kitchen and to be honest, I couldn't care less, I was thirsty and I liked tea. So I needed this.

"What are you making?" A feminine voice rang through my head.

  "Black tea." I muttered.

  "Ooh can I have some?" She asked.

  "Sure." I turned to face to meet a pair of sparkling amber eyes.

"That's too close for comfort." I mumbled under my breath.

  "Whoops sorry!" Petra laughed nervously and took a step back. I shook my head and looked back at the bubbling tea pot. I let the bitter aroma fill my senses.

  "Mmm." I let out a sigh of bliss as I took the teapot off the counter and grabbed two cups. I carefully poured the red liquid into the cups.

"Here." I handed Petra a cup.

  "Mm it smells good!" Petra took it and took in a whiff of the scent.

  "Thanks." I muttered and took a sip. The bitterness and heat clashed with my cool tongue and I swallowed a big gulp.

  "Yum." I said to no one in particular.

  "Delicious." Petra complimented.

  "Hey! Why don't you give some to Squad Leader Levi?" She suggested.

  "Too far." I complained, wiggling my arm in exaggeration. She giggled.

  "C'mon Chance." She pointed towards a long hallway.

"First door to your right! It's really near here! Since the Captain always comes here late at night for tea himself." She laughed.

"I'm not surprised." I commented before finishing my tea.

"Geez woman fine, I'll go." I picked out a clean cup and poured some steaming hot tea in it, watching the steam rise up into the air and fade away.

  "Later." I waved. I walked towards a huge mahogany door labeled.

  "Levi." I knocked a few times, to annoy him of course.

  "Name and business." Levi's grumpy voice greets me.

"Chanceeeee!!!!" I said in an aggravating singsong voice. I could almost picture him groaning on the other side.

"Come in." He states.

  "Okayyyy." I laughed and skipped in.

  "Heyyyy Leviiiii!!! I brought you some teaaaaa!!!" I walked over to his desk in a very childish manner.

  "Great, thanks." Levi took it gratefully from my hands. He took a sip.

  "It tastes.... Nostalgic." He stared at his reflection through the red liquid.

  "Earl Grey." I smiled.

"I'M HUNGRY!" Isabel complained. I sighed,

  "Levi can we go to that restaurant at the underground shopping district of wall Sheena?" I asked.

  "Just eat some bread brat." Levi held up newspaper and began reading it.

  "Big Bro PLEAASEEE???" Isabel put her hands together and sat cris crossed on the floor.

  "Levi? LEVI!" I hollered. He simply ignored the both of us. I tackled him on the couch and sat on his stomach.

  "Get off of me." He mumbled.

  "No! I refuse. That is, unless you and Furlan take us to it!" I blackmailed.

  "Geez, fine get off me first." Levi groaned.

"Yay! I love you Levi!" I hugged him.

  "GET OFF!!!" Levi yelled.

"Fine." I pouted and got off.

  "Let's get ready Isabel!" I giggled.

  "Yeah you go Big Sis!" Isabel laughed.

(At the Resturant)
We walked into the bar and sat down In a little booth.

"I'll have a loaf of bread, potato stew and a fruit salad." Isabel ordered.

"I'll just have a turkey sandwich please." I smiled gratefully.

"I want a bottle of wine." Furlan demanded.

"Black tea." Levi commanded impassively.

  "Right away!" The waiter scurried off. Soon our food came and I bit into my sandwich while Isabel stuffed her face. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a buff man slamming another man's hand to the table roughly.

  "HA!! I WIN!!!" He boasted.

  "AND OUR STORE OWNER GOES UNDEFEATED!" A person with a megaphone announces.

  "HA!! WHO DARES SO GO AGAINST ME FOR A ROUND?" The owner roars.

"I'll go for a round." A steel voice says from beside me.

  "Levi? Really?" My eyes widened in surprised. He stood up quietly and made his way to the muscular man.

  "Levi? I've wanted to go against you for the longest time! Tell you what, if you win, the meal is free and you get to pick anything from my store! Even my old lady!" The man grinned widely,

"Dear?" A senior lady questioned angrily. I felt disgusted. Who auctions off their own wife? I felt so freakishly sorry for the old lady who looked like she was about to cry.

  "YEAH GO BIG BRO!!" I heard Isabel cheer.

  "Please don't make us take his old lady home..." Furlan said worriedly. I laughed a bit. Levi rolled up his right sleeve and placed his elbow on the wooden table.

  "This is going to hurt, sorry pip squeak." The man growled. The whistle blew and within 3 seconds the man's hand was pummelled into the table. Everyone looked at them because of the enormous noise they caused. The store owner looked dazed. As Levi let go of his hand and headed towards the old lady. I immediately looked behind the lady and saw some Earl Grey black tea and laughed at Furlan and Isabel's faces as they watched in shock, Levi making his way to the lady. The lady's face turned a light shade of red as Levi reached behind her and took a container.

  "Hmm these are rare tea leaves you have here, rather expensive." He commented before walking back towards us.

"Let's go." He walked out the bar.

  "Thanks for the free food!" Isabel yelled.

Chance's POV
"Oh yeah?" Levi questioned ,lightly smiling as he took another sip.

  "Is it good?" I asked, unsurely. I mean Petra said it was good but Levi was like the "Tea master." Literally. The first time I tried making tea, key word "tried." He yelled at me for a whole hour about the "perfect temperature" and that I was "wasting precious tea leaves." But this time he simply gave a small smile and nodded. This was indeed rare.

  "Yay!" I cheered happily.

  "Sit down." Levi states, pointing to the chair in front of him. I timidly sat down, waiting for what horror is to come.

"Here..." Levi opens a drawer and carefully rummages it. He pulled out a ripped out Scouts emblem.

  "This was Isabel's" he mumbled guiltily, handing it to me. I took it gently, not wanting to damage it in any way. I grasped it lightly and held back hot tears.

"Th-thank you." I squeaked out.

"Do you have a needle and thread Levi?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah, here." He took a small box out of a little drawer in his desk. It was a black tea container. I carefully opened it and took out a spool of white thread and a thin silver needle. I took off my jacket and placed it on my lap. I ripped off the current emblem on my Scout Regiment leather jacket, then I pressed Isabel's emblem where mine used to be.

I threaded the needle and went back and forth, sewing the emblem on my jacket. When I was finished I slipped the jacket back on. After a long silence I sighed.

"You are wearing Farlan's aren't you." I looked at him. He nods shakily.

  "I saved Isabel's for you." He put his elbows on the desk.

  "You knew I would come here?" I asked, shocked.

"No, I knew we would meet again someday." He muttered wistfully.

  "Hehe, that's deep." I laughed a bit, clutching my old emblem and stood up.

  "Hey you still have your old emblem right?" I asked.

  "Yeah why?" He also stood up.

  "Lets exchange emblems." I smiled. He nodded slightly and reached in a top drawer in his desk. How many things are in your damn desk? "Here." He handed a blue and white symbol to me. I gratefully accepted it and gave him mine.

  "Thank you Levi." I smiled and held the emblem tightly.

  "This way wherever I go I'll have a part of you with me!" I grinned, trying to lighten up the mood.

  "Me too." He gently slid my emblem into his chest pocket. I repeated his actions.

A knock on the door interrupted our little moment.

  "Corporal? It's me Petra, may I come in?" A cheery light voice on the other side declared.

"Come in." Levi sat back down on his desk, changing back to his hard exterior.

"Is it okay if I take Leiyari out for a ride Levi? Just a tiny little test ride ya know?" I pleaded.

"Go ahead but be safe." Levi nodded.

"Thanks!" I gave him a little hug.

"Am I interrupting something?" Petra's voice rang.

"Nope not at all! I'm just going to go out for a ride. Later Petra! Levi!" I skipped out the door.

"Leiyari, you are such a cute little horsie yes you are!" I swooned and stroked his mane fondly.

"Wanna go out for a little ride? C'mon girly!" I cooed and brought her out of her stall. I walked outside the stable and tied her to a log. I brought out a bridle, saddle pad, saddle, girth and martingale. I flipped on the martingale around Leiyari's neck. I slid the saddle pad on and then the saddle. I tightened the girth around my horse's stomach. Then I slid on the bridle. Taking of the halter in the process. I carefully put a foot in the stirrup and threw my other leg over her back.

"C'mon Leiyari, TEST DRIVE!!!" I kicked her and she bolted.

"WOOHOO!!!" I felt like I was flying. I galloped past Gunther and Eld who was raking leaves in the garden.

"Chance?!" They asked bewildered.

"LATER GUNTHER!!! ELD!!!" I laughed loudly. I saw a rock coming in the distance.

"Jump it Lei!" I commanded. She took a big stride and took off the ground.

"YEAHHH!!!!" I let go of the reins (don't do this in real life riders. Chance is being reckless, never let go of the reins while galloping, I don't want to be responsible of the risk of being trampled to death. Thank you.) and pumped two fists in the air.

"Chance! Hands on the reins!!!" A stern voice called. I looked back and saw Levi, mounted on an equally gallant black horse.

"Whoops sorry!" I grasped the reins again and trotted towards him.

"You were being too reckless." Levi shook his head.

"I'm sorry!" I bowed slightly.

"Tch, come." Levi began trotting away.

"Wait up!" I called and trotted after him. We trotted through a think forest, into a clearing.

"Woah..." I looked up and saw a scarlet sunset.

"Levi this is gorgeous." I looked up again and stared off into the beautiful, abstract looking dusk. I looked to my right and saw Levi dismounting his horse. I did the same. He went to sit under a tree with his hands behind his head, flexing his arm muscles. I walked over to him and plopped beside him. We looked together as the sun began to fall snugly under multicoloured clouds. It all looked like a beautiful painting.

"It looks like the sun is going to sleep on the clouds!" I giggled lightly and leaned my head against Levi's shoulder.

"Yeah?" Levi asked, taking his left arm down from his original position and wrapping it around my shoulder. I'll never admit it to him but this movement made me blush hardcore. It was weird, I mean we even slept in the same bed before! How is this out of the ordinary? It didn't matter anyway, since I wanted to savour this moment for the rest of my life. I snuggled against Levi's warm body and felt my eyelids start to drop down. Soon my vision was black and I had drifted off to sleep.

Levi's POV
I sat there, with Chance at my left, enjoying the blending of warm colours in the sky. It was truly awe-striking. I felt Chance lean gently against my shoulder, so I brought my left arm down, wrapping her in a half-embrace. I sighed contently, wishing this moment would last forever. I soon felt Chance's breathing steady and looked over, to see that she had fallen asleep. I brushed her hazel bangs out of the way to see her dark luscious eyelashes fluttering ever so slightly. I felt my lips stretch upwards ever so slightly. I didn't want to wake her up, but we wouldn't be able to get back to base of I didn't. I wanted her to look this peaceful for as long as I could so we stayed there for another half an hour. But soon it was about to get pitch black so we desperately needed to get back.

"Chance? C'mon brat we need to get back to base." I gently ruffled her hair.

"Hmm Levi? I was having a good dream ya know?" She smiled dreamily.

"Oh yeah about what?" I asked quietly.

"Me, you Isabel and Farlan were all flying with feathered wings near a beautiful sunset." She smiled sadly then yawned.

"That'll never happen." She admitted.

"But it was great while it lasted." She closed her eyes again.

"I'm going to ride Leiyari and have my horse follow okay? You'll ride behind me." I stated as softly as I could. She nodded lightly, eyes still closed and clutched my arm. I stood up, carrying her with me. I first gave her a leg up on Leiyari and then climbed on in front of her.

"Hold on." I state grabbing the reins. I could feel her nod while burying her face in my back. She slowly wrapped her frail arms around my stomach. I whistled and my horse began trailing behind us.

"Hiya!" I kicked Leiyari and she broke off into a gallop.

"Mmm." Chance muttered and hung on to me tighter. I turned slightly pink at her motions. But reverted into my usual expression quickly. As we galloped back through the forest, the sky gradually got darker and darker, almost to the point where you couldn't see 5 feet in front of you. But thanks to Leiyari we managed to get out of the forest with no trouble at all. I looked behind us and my horse, Stormrider had safely arrived as well. (I don't know the name of Levi's horse! I searched all over the Internet honestly! So Stormrider will have to do, sorry guys!)

"Brat." I turned around slightly and shook Chance's shoulders slightly.

"Hmm? Levi let me sleep..." She snuggled deeper into my back like I was a human pillow.

"We are here..." I stated. "Oh?" Chance said drowsily.

"C'mon Chance let's go." I pry her off of me and jumped to the ground.

"Jump Chance." I commanded. She opened her eyes just slightly, to locate where I was standing and swung her right leg over Leiyari's back, slightly falling off the tall horse. I managed to grab her before her body slammed against the floor

"Corporal?" A bright voice rang.

  "Oi Petra, put Leiyari and Stormrider back in their stalls, tack off." I ordered, lifting up Chance's legs.

"Is she asleep?" Petra asked.

"Yeah, I'm going to bring her back to her room hurry up and do your job." I muttered and started walking away. I felt Chance press her head against my chest,

"You're so warm..." She muttered in the smallest voice possible.

"Yeah?" I smirked slightly.

   "Like a pillow..." She continued speaking complete nonsense. Wait until you wake up tomorrow Chance, I'll tell you all about tonight. I carried her up the stairs, through the kitchen and into her designated room. I placed her gently on the bed and was about to walk away when I felt a tug on my sleeve.

"Stay." She commanded quietly.

"Stay with me... I don't wanna be alone again." She sounded depressed. I'm not sure if that's what she really meant or just dream talk but I sat down next to her and stroked her hair softly.

"Mm.... I love you." She mummers. My hand stopped and my blood ran cold. Really? I mean she said it a bunch of times before but that was more sibling love. What did she mean this time? I broke out of my trance and stood up, flustered.

"Are you leaving me again?" A soft voice squeaked. A wave of guilt washed over me and I took my jacket off and lay down beside her.

"Go to sleep Chance." I stroked her hair once more before turning around and shutting my eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 85 5
It's you and the legendary Lance Corporal Levi Ackerman in many different scenarios. Requests are open!! {ONGOING} -Ranked #817 in LevixReader
21.7K 925 48
i'm so sorry, i love you. 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑! 🔭 🎹 ⤷ levi ackerman × reader. ◡̈ ©rezespuff 2021.
908K 16.3K 200
A book I'll post on every now and then about you and the Lance Corporal of the Scouting Legion! I can do smuts/ lemons, I can only do fem readers...
133K 4.6K 45
"Ah, so you're the infamous Levi Ackerman and what do I owe to have your presence ?" --- "Marry me" (Levi Ackerman x reader) [Mafia AU] { 𝙄 𝘿𝙊 �...