Amarth

Por MonsterCupcake61176

I wasn't always this way. I wasn't always a monster. I used to have a home, and a family. I was kind, good... Mais

Author's Note (Please Read)
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
The End?

Chapter 36

139 23 16
Por MonsterCupcake61176

Isildur's heir, known as Aragorn to everyone else, has brought an army of men, dwarves, and all the elves that have been living in secret all these years, to battle against Sauron.

I knew that this would be their only chance to destroy Sauron for good, so I took the liberty to convince him to wage war with them near Mount Doom.

That way if by some chance the Ring is cut once again from Sauron's finger, they will be able to destroy it as quickly as possible.

I also plan on using this attack to kill Legolas. He has changed since our last meeting, for one thing his eyes have changed from blue to a dull grey.

My eyes never changed their color, they only grew sharper, brighter. His hair hasn't started turning black either.

Which means that he is still managing to fight off the darkness, after being scarred by my dagger!

I grit my teeth as the battle rages around me. Sauron promised me that I would get to kill Legolas, and that is exactly what I am going to do.

I watch as the orcs purposefully separate Legolas from his allies. Soon it is just me and him.

"Hello Greenleaf."
He whips around to face me and I draw my two swords. He raises his knives and at the same time we fly at each other.

He puts up more of a fight then I had expected him to, but it will not be long now, he will fall.

I swipe his legs out from underneath him and he crashes onto his back. Just when I'm about to end his miserable life I notice a look of terror flash in his eyes.

Sauron had entered the battle and was fighting against Aragorn. I pause when I notice that Aragorn is losing, if he loses then all is lost.

I briefly turn my attentiom away from Legolas and for the first time in years I use some the power that Alatar gave me.

I focus on the wizard, Gandalf, who is trying to break Sauron's spiked spear.

I know that even with his power he will not be able to destroy it on his own. I focus on the Dark Lord's weapon, my eyes begin to blaze with an unatural blue light.

When Gandalf brings his staff down on the weapon I release enough power in order to shatter it to pieces.

Now that Sauron is weaponless they have a chance.

I shudder as the energy within me dies down and I return to face Legolas, who has managed to stumble back to his feet, and we are ready to battle once again.

////

The Ring has been cut from Sauron's hand. It has been destroyed, and along its master along with it.

I stand overlooking the now desolate landscape of Mordor, wounded and bleeding as I watch the armies abandon this forsaken place forever.

My mind replays the fight with Legolas over and over again. What I don't understand, what I can't comprehend, is that he spared my life.

I was completely at his mercy, he could have killed me in an instant, instead he chose to leave me wounded as he went to aid Aragorn.

Why? Why would he let me go? I tortured him myself in Barad Dur, plotted to have his halfling friend killed, and of course I left him scarred, he had no reason to let me live.

As I turn away from the bloodied battlefield, littered with the corpses of orcs, men, elves, and dwarves, I ponder over the strange actions of Legolas.

I wonder if he felt the same thing I did when I chose to spare Morwen's life, if he heard the quiet voice that said don't.

Whatever the reason I cannot dwell on it now. Something has been stirring at the back of my mind for days now.

Just before the battle began I had felt the presence of Alatar inside of me, after thousands of years of believing him to be dead, I now knew that he was alive.

He will come for me.

I stiffen in fear as the memories of what he had done to me resurface. I thought that I had buried them deep down into the farthest places of mind.

But it seems that no matter how hard you try to forget, certain memories can resurface at anytime.

If Alatar has indeed return I have no doubt that he will try to attack the Free Peoples. Why wouldn't he? There is no one powerful enough to stop him, and no one knows of his existance.

Except me.

I pause for a moment as a plan begins to form in my mind. I know that Alatar has to be stopped before he can do any harm, and I also happen to know some of the greatest warriors in Middle Earth.

But they will never help you! After everything you did they would kill you the moment you approached them!

I blink once. What was I thinking? Of course they would never agree to help me! I sigh and look down at my wounded, battered body.

If no one can help me, then I have no choice but to face Alatar alone.

////

I'd never thought that I would willingly return to Alatar's lair, yet here I was, standing before the entrance to the place that had caused me so much grief.

And who should be there to greet me but Alatar himself, looking just as dark and terrible as I remember him.

"Welcome back Amarth. It is good to see you again."
I shudder at the sound of his voice. So much malice in one being, it is worse than Sauron's.

"I thought that you were dead."
I say mustering my courage.
Alatar laughs, loud and cruel.
"That is what Pallando thought when he imprisoned me in my own lair."

My eyes widen at the mention of Pallando. I have not thought of him in years.
"Where is he now?"
I demand, cursing at the tremble in my voice.

Alatar chuckles.
"I was always more powerful than Pallando, when he tried to kill me I used his power against him and slayed him. While I was merely imprisoned for all these years he has been dead."

The news is more shocking than it is grieving. Pallando, dead?

"But now is not the time to dwell on things of the past."
Alatar continues as he steps closer to me. I instinctively back away.
"I have plans for this world Amarth, and I need you to help me complete them."

"Why would I help you? I came to kill you."
Alatar laughs and I suppose that he does have every right to. If he killed someone like Pallando killing someone like me wouldn't be a problem at all.

Yes I have some powers, but nothing that could aid me in a fight against Alatar.

"The only way you could kill me is by stabbing me in the heart with a weapon of my own making. Mainly the dagger that you still carry."

How did you know?

"Why would you tell me the only way that you could be killed?"
I ask placing my hand on the hilt of my dagger.

"Because it would be pointless if you tried it. An elf trying to kill me with that weapon would fail, it would have to be wielded by a mortal, specifically a man."

Congratulations Amarth, you honestly thought that you could kill Alatar on your own, and now you discover that the only way he can be killed is if a man stabs him in the heart with the dagger that you never let out of your sight.

"I do admire your courage Amarth. Coming to face the one who brought so much pain into your life must not have been easy."

I glare at him as he continues to talk.
"However, it will be because of you that Middle Earth falls."

What? Because of me?

"Why is that Amarth?"
I ask backing away some more.
"Because you are going to single handedly bring me the one thing I need to carry out my plan."
He replies advancing forward.

"Which is?"
I ask stopping and he stops as well.
"Aragorn son of Arathorn."

Aragorn?! Why does every being of darkness have something to do with that man?!

"What would you need him for? He is nothing."
"He is the King of Gondor, and of all the men that walk this earth he is the biggest threat to me."

"If he is such a big threat than why do you want me to bring him to you?"
None of this makes since to me.

"Because I have a plan to ruin him. As well as all the other kings of Middle Earth."

I can tell that I am not going to get any answer other than that so I ask another question.

"You are insane if you think that I am going to help you, what would be in it for me anyway?"

Alatar grins as his dark eyes light up with a malicious glint in them.

"I heard that you have recently made an enemy of Legolas Thranduilion."

My hands begin to sweat and my heart pounds inside of me as I feel Alatar peering into my mind.

"What does that matter to you?"
I no longer try hiding the fear in my voice.

"Did not Pallando tell you that any descendant of Oropher is an enemy of mine? I am willing to let you have Legolas while I take Thranduil. That way we can both have our revenge."

Revenge? I don't want revenge, I just want Legolas dead. And I don't need Alatar to accomplish that.

"I am not going to help you Alatar."
I growl backing even further away from him.
"I may not be able to kill you, but I have just been informed of the one person who can."

"You are a foolish elf Amarth. Anything you do to try and kill me will not work."

I smirk.
"We will see."
I turn on my heels and run. My black hair flying behind me and feet kicking up dirt.

I will let you have your chance Amarth.

Alatar's voice thunders in my head but I keep running.

And after you fail, you will have no choice but to do as I say.

I keep running without looking back.

We will see Alatar, and I will show you that I am not one to be underestimated.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

6.4M 440K 62
El gran Draco Malfoy, el arrogante, egocéntrico y narcisista rubio de la casa de Slytherin esconde un secreto que ni sus mejores amigos saben. Está...
830K 87.8K 136
1era y 2da temporada ♥️ Sinopsis: En donde Jimin es un Omega mimado y Jungkook un Alfa amargado, los dos se casan por sus propias conveniencias. ⚠️...
535K 62.3K 15
Harry había pasado por varias injusticias a lo largo de su vida. Había perdido y amado; preguntado y respondido. Pero aquella vez, cuando sabiendo qu...
39.3K 5.1K 43
"Porque ahora mismo querido, prefiero morir primero, que vivir en un mundo lleno de secretos". Una guerra, dos familias, ¿quien muere primero? Todos...