Wrong Guy

By heyitstat

❝Would it be wrong to think - to think, that I could make you so much happier?❞ Fawn Lockhart and Elliott Mas... More

01 | creepy nice
03 | enjoy my solitude
04 | unknown number
05 | a lot of convincing
06 | besides my boxers
07 | show of affection
08 | uglier than pancake mix
09 | little hint of something
10 | 'love'bite
11 | kiss ass
12 | could've been forever
13 | an escape
14 | might have to kill someone
15 | alternate universe
16 | unexplainable
17 | if i was responsible for your death
18 | to my sleep
19 | too early to be playing pretend
20 | back to haunt
21 | pit of your heart
22 | instinct
23 | and now she's gone
24 | you look naked
25 | everything has changed
26 | thump
27 | what you don't know, can't hurt you
28 | interrogation
29 | you just need help
30 | all i want
31 | take advantage
32 | i won't
33 | nothing more
34 | red
35 | definite plot twist
36 | too coward to kill
37 | never worth the vodka
38 | to see them happy
39 | the sun and the moon
40 | prominent figure in society
41 | not hiding
42 | a sheep in wolf's clothing
the end of it all
exciting announcement!

02 | make a girl believe

19.5K 611 443
By heyitstat

S O N G :
Flawless - The Neighbourhood

Episode Two :
MAKE A GIRL BELIEVE
≫ ≫ ≫

L A W R E N C E ' S P O V :

"At the end of the day she's still a good lay man," Sean turned to me, and I laughed at the preposterous idea. Kari, was not at all the kind of girl I went for, too snobby, stubborn. It's not that she wasn't physically attractive, but she wasn't the kind of girl I could have decent conversations with.

Besides that, her best friend was Fawn Lockhart, the most perfect girl I've ever met.

We've actually been talking a bit when everyone from school isn't around to see, and in all honesty she's so much different from all the girls here. She's naturally beautiful and kind beyond reason. It's refreshing.

"Yeah, whatever you say Sean," I shook him off, laughter dying down, as the bell rang. I noticed Fawn looking at me as she put away her lunch. A blush washed over her features and she grew redder as I neared her. I gave a quick goodbye to my friends walking towards her. They were still making butt loads of jokes about how whipped I was, but it was worth it when I got to see Fawn bite her lip up close.

"H-Hi," she stuttered, waving a second later.

"Hey, what have you been up to lately?" Everyone from the lunch room is gone, so it's just the two of us. The vacant atmosphere left room for my mind to wander, thinking of a few too many things I'd love to do the girl in front of me. She really needs to release her bottom lip, from behind her top teeth because it isn't helping to set me at ease.

"I- Well, you know. I've been working." She turns around, picking up her lunch bag before pressing it to her chest, hugging it is as a toddler would carry a stuffed animal.

"Is your boss easing up on you?" She nods her head, and I laugh lightly, it being the only sound echoing in the spacious room. It's funny how fast things can disappear.

"You have really pretty eyes." I say, and she looks to the ground, gnawing on her cheeks. I can tell she's flustered by the rare compliment she receives far too few of. That won't be an issue for much longer, I'll supply her with many more in the future.

So many, that no other guy will ever need to.

"Thanks," she says before releasing a slight laugh, completely tense in her position directly in front of me.

"I really should be getting to class," she says, gesturing behind her.

"No, why don't we go someplace instead?" I ask.

Her eyes widen, and I grin watching the baby blue orbs grow with shock.

"Are you asking me to ditch?" She scrunches her eyebrows, and stares at me.

"Yeah, we both have A averages, no harm done." She takes a step back, shaking her head furiously.

"No, I need to go to class, we have work to turn in and receive-" I cut her off.

"Isn't Elliott in your class? Can't he get it?" She grows irritated.

"No, he wouldn't do that for me, besides I'm not trusting the guy that should be in his first year of college, to help me get through the most important school year there is, senior year."

"He got held back?" I ask, and she nods annoyed.

"Yes, now can we please not talk about that douche." She laughs.

"Sure," I smile.

I take her hand in mine as she walks with me to the back doors.

I didn't mind that she was easily distracted, or forgetful—just naive in general. I thought that since it was her, it was perfect. Everything about Fawn, was perfect, and I would definitely not waste an opportunity to spend time with her. Besides, school is beyond boring and the girl deserves a break.

We walk up to where I was parked, and she admires my car, running her fingers along the door handle on the passenger side, the side she'll be seated in, after a minute.

"How did you manage to afford this?" She asks, and I watch her observe every little detail of the model, I find it funny since it's a hand me down.

"My dad gave it to me, Corvettes have always been his thing. He loved to take my mom on road trips across the country in this baby, while I stayed at home with Gloria."

She tears her eyes away from the car, "Who's Gloria?"

"She was our old nanny," I reply.

"A nanny! You had a nanny!" I walk around the car, and open her door for her, expecting her to get in immediately. Except she doesn't, instead she stands frozen, looking at me for answers to a question that I am unaware that she was asking me.

"What?" I ask, and she replies with a simple never mind.

"You know what, I should be in class right now. I honestly don't know why I left in the first place, because this is not me, but—" I cut her off, placing my hand on her shoulder. She stiffens, but after a few seconds she relaxes completely letting out a sigh.

"Class is already in session, you'd be late anyways. Why don't you come with me and have a break for once? It's Friday, ease up." I smile down at her, hoping that she'll join me in skipping class.

In all the times I've talked to Fawn, I've never asked to take her anywhere because she has work from 3:15 to 8:00 and after that she's studying and doing homework. I don't know what drove me to basically ask her out, right here, right now, but I've known since the day I laid eyes on her, that she would be mine, and whatever is currently happening between the two of us, was inevitable. Written in the stars.

She hesitates before speaking, "I really don't know, Lawrence,"

I bring my other hand to her right shoulder, slightly massaging the area, moving my palms up and down the length of her arms.

"Please Fawn? For me?" she looks up to me, her eyes directly aligned with mine as she gives in, a hint of a betraying smile gracing her features before slouching down into the car.

God, she's amazing.

≫   ≫   ≫

"So this is where you wanted to take me to?" she asks after we sit down, and I laugh, before responding. We'd just gotten the food we ordered from the small burger joint, and Fawn was beyond satisfied to be having a real lunch this lovely afternoon.

"Well, if I could I would take you wherever you wanted." I state, which causes her to blush, completely flustered by my comment.

" I mean, if you could go anywhere in this whole, wide, world—where would you go?" I ask, as the bites the tip of her French fry happily.

"You can't ask me that!" She shouts, and I laugh, watching her smile grow wider and wider across her face.

"Why not? There's no law." I reply as she calms down, popping the rest of the fry in her mouth before talking, not bothering to swallow what food she was chewing.

"I want to go everywhere." She states, taking a sip of her water to wash it down. I tried to order her a real drink, but I came to find out she doesn't like soda. Something about the carbonation, and how it feels strange when she burps.

I love that she wasn't at all ashamed to share that info.

"Everywhere? Do you not like it here?" She shakes her head, gulping down more of her water, her focus clearly on the meal I had bought, rather than my question.

"No, no, that's not it at all. I just want to go someplace other than Concord. I mean, Concord is home, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life never seeing the outside world. Imagine what it would be like to visit Jamaica, or Thailand, just think Lawrence." Her eyes are clouded with hope, as she travels to these exact places in her own mind, ignoring the reality of this small fast food restaurant.

"I believe they call it wanderlust, Fawn."

She smiles softly at my response, and I reach over and grab her dainty hand.

"Just imagine." I whisper, repeating her own words as she stares down at our hands intertwined.

"I am." She mumbles, laying her head down on the table after a minute.

"What do you see?" I ask, and she looks up at me, a guilty smile adorning her face.

"That's something you'll just have to find out, Lawrence."

"Oh really? You aren't going to tell me even one teensy detail of you fantasies?" She laughs, leaning back as our hands unlock.

"Nope, not even a teensy detail." She grins, before standing up from the pleather upholstered booth we had been seated in. She quickly swipes her hands down her legs to remove any crumbs that transferred from the seat, before dragging me with her out the door.

"You sure are something, Lawrence." She says, walking back to our space in the small lot outside the building.

"And what would that imply?"

"Nothing, you just really know how to make a girl believe in silly things."

≫   ≫   ≫

A U T H O R ' S N O T E :

Thank you all for reading this! This is the first time we're seeing Lawrence's perspective and I am super curious to hear what you guys are thinking of him, your first impression of his point of view.

I hope that you all enjoyed this, and let me know what all you liked and think I could work on, because I will definitely read comments

≫   ≫   ≫

Q U E S T I O N S :

Thoughts on Lawrence convincing Fawn to ditch?

There short conversation at the fast food place?

Anything else?

Thanks so, so, so, so, so much for reading. It means the world to me, and I read every comment, and thank everyone who supports me in an effort to show my appreciation!
- tat <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.2K 1.3K 41
"It's too dangerous." He placed his calloused hand on my hip and pulled me so our faces were mere inches apart. "I would ruin you, and you wouldn't e...
7 1 1
Bethany is struggling to escape small town life. All she wants is to graduate high school and get as far away from Fort Grange as her limited funds...
365K 11.2K 17
[COMPLETED] At the age of 4, Amanda and Tyler instantly become friends, however it came to an end before grade 5 began. After a tragic car accident...
485K 13.7K 101
#1 in the series || "Are you going to leave?" I asked, looking up into his eyes. "Never." He said, a tired smile spread across his face. "Don't make...