Living my Dream (a Vampire Di...

Door VeGirl

Emma is obsessed with the Vampire Diaries, and travels across the ocean to Atlanta to find the locations wher... Meer

The trip of a lifetime
Drinking games
Just an amazing dream
Hungry vampires
Old acquaintances
The new house pet
Provocative much?
Inner feelings
Teasing the eavesdroppers
Secret hideout
Busted
Revealing secrets
Surveillance crew
Good boy or bad boy
Another good day to die
Guess who
Official yours
Reinforcement is coming
Hard to ask for help
Show time battle on
Victory
Love at first sight
Long gone
Is anything really possible?
Reunion
Paradise lost
Haunting friends
Welcome home party
The real nightmare

A good day to die

19.9K 569 61
Door VeGirl

Written 2012 by VeGirl

I woke up the next morning with a headache that was threatening to crack my skull open. I stirred in bed and tried to open my eyes, but closed them fast and moaned.

"What is it, sweetie?" I heard Damon ask.

Oh no! How embarrassing to be such a cry baby, I thought. "Migraine," I moaned.

He got up and closed the heavy curtains, bathing the room in soothing darkness. I breathed slow and fought the nausea; I did not want to puke in his presence and definitely not in his bed.

"What can I do?" he asked concerned.

"In my bag there's a box of pills, called Zumo. I need one and a glass of water." I focused on my breathing as I heard him searching around my bag, unable to find them.

"Oh no!" I suddenly remembered that I moved them to the other bag, the one I left at the hotel as I hurried to pack my bag. I explained shortly and tried to think about how long a migraine lasted, I remembered something about 48-72 hours. Oh no, please somebody just shoot me!

He was fast by my side, trying to comfort me. "Is there something I can do?" His voice was filled with concern.

"No," I aswered quiet, that was really not the answer I wanted to give him, and this was not the impression I wanted to leave. I whimpered and wanted to cry, I just couldn't because I most certainly would have thrown up or maybe my head would explode.

I crawled in foetal position and wanted to die. Damon lay behind my back for a while, he was all still and said nothing; I was grateful for his deference.

Suddenly he moved and I felt something pressed against my face. I tried to protest and opened my eyes but it felt even more like my head would explode. I moaned but his arm was pressed against my mouth. I gripped his arm and tried to squirm away. What was wrong with him, couldn't he understand I was in pain?

"Drink up honey," he cooed in my ear.

What did he mean by drink? I could feel something wet against my mouth but his arm was in the way and I didn't understand. Then it hit me; he wanted me to drink his blood? Yuck! Now I was certain I would gag.

"Come on sweetie, drink up!"

I opened disgusted my mouth and noticed surprised that his blood didn't have the awful coppery taste I feared. This wasn't that bad, weirdly enough, but it sure was weird!

"Don't drool on my white sheets, now," he cooed and I could hear the humour in his voice. "There, I think you had enough now, sweetie," he said and pulled his arm away, held it up and I could see the wounds heal.

Wait a minute, I could see? Yes, my headache was gone! I turned and watched his face. "Wow!" I breathed. "It's all gone!"

He smiled and analyzed my face. "You drool, vampire girl..." He smiled and wiped the corner of my mouth with his thumb.

I still watched his face in amazement. Then it hit me. "Wait a minute, won't this make me? No, I have to die to become a vampire, right?"

He smiled. "Yes, you did your homework. Now, we only have to make sure you won't die today," he said with worry shadowing his face. His face suddenly changed expression. "Or better yet, let's kill you today so I can keep you, pet." He smiled.

"Wow, I've never got a death-threat before..." I said, shrugging my eyebrows, and then I pondered over what he said. "You would want to spend an eternity with me after knowing me for a day?" I said amazed. "You're a true romantic!"

"Shh!" he hushed me. "Someone might hear!"

"Oh sorry! We wouldn't want that..." I said giggling and rolled my eyes.

"See, there's that beautiful smile again, good thing I fixed you," he said and kissed me.

"Yes, job well done and thank you. Now, feed me Seymour, I'm hungry!" I said cocky and laughed.

He just bent his head to the side and offered me his carotid artery with a crocked smile and one of the eyebrows suggestively high up. "Come on now vampire girl," he whispered and I just had to set my teeth in to his neck, well just a little nibble of course. In a flash he had pinned me against the bed with his fangs against my neck and I was dead still, scared even to breathe. "Breakfast..." he breathed.

He kissed me on the neck and pulled me on my feet so fast that my head swooned. "I make your knees weak?" He swooped me up in his arms and was heading for the door when I protested.

"Stop, let me down!" I yelped.

I needed to use the bathroom and we both better put some clothes on before we showed ourselves downstairs. It was lucky I did go to the bathroom, because when I looked in the mirror I noticed I had blood smeared on my face. I wondered how Elena would have reacted if I had met her like that, or Stefan.

Damon waited for me, sitting on the bed watching TV and at that moment I decided to go for it. I would not dwell anymore about which life was real and what was fiction. This gorgeous man was smirking at me and my stomach was filled with butterflies; I was just going to skydive straight into this fantasy.

"I think you look a little too decent now." He smirked, shut the TV off, reached me a hand and we walked down to Stefan and Elena.

"Hey, you survived the night," Stefan said smiling as he met us in the parlour. "Not even a bite mark?" he asked as he inspecting the neck.

"Not on me..." I giggled as we made our way into a big old kitchen, where all the appliances were fairly new, but the style suited this grand old building perfectly. I had never seen the kitchen on TV, but I had to remind myself to stop thinking about 'the real life'.

Damon was starting to make bacon and eggs for my breakfast, but I complained. "Don't you have just some bread or cereal? I'm not used to that kind of breakfast," I explained. "But it was really sweet of you." I regretted my complaints and immediately felt bad.

Elena showed up in the huge kitchen. "Wow, it smells fantastic." She drew in the aromas.

Damon laid his arm around her shoulders. "And it's just for you, my dear," he said to her smiling face. She was suddenly aware of my presence and pulled out of his embrace with a guilty look toward me. Stefan looked a bit harsh and I wondered how they were doing; how the two of them were coping with all the drama around all the time.

Obviously a lot had happened that I knew nothing about.

Stefan picked some cereal, milk, and a bowl from the cupboard for me. "Thanks'," I smiled. He still seemed different and I was wondering what had happened during his time with Klaus. There almost seemed like a mean edge to him that I hadn't noticed before; he even walked different. "I decided we should have some self-defence training for the humans today; what do you say?"

Elena and I looked at each other and smiled; self-defence training could be a good thing, interesting at least. Soon we sat down by the table all four of us; the girls eating breakfast and the boys having themselves a cup of coffee.

"It's quite hard to defend yourself," Elena told me. "Because they're really fast." She smiled and gave Damon a charming smirk.

"I can make Emma really fast too," Damon said and the next second he was standing behind me with my neck in a headlock as if to snap it. "I slipped her some blood," he whispered.

"No!" Stefan and Elena gasped. "You didn't!"

"Yes, if she dies today, she'll come back a vampire." He sounded proud of himself and I could feel how he lived to provoke his brother.

I looked calm up at him. "Could I please finish my breakfast first?" I asked. He smiled and let go of me, after kissing me on the cheek.

It felt like Stefan and Elena still were holding their breath, but I kept eating my cereal in a calm and collected manner. I glanced at Damon who smiled approvingly at me; always the provocative troublemaker and the other two always seemed to think the worst of him.

I had a bad feeling as I stood barefoot in the grass in the back yard, with a stake in my hand an hour later. Damon was smiling in front of me and Stefan and Elena stood on the sideline, trying to instruct me. Damon gestured for me to take a plunge at him, with a confident smirk enlightening his features.

"But you said you would teach me self-defence, it's not self-defence unless you attack me first, then it's just an attack."

Damon just glared at me. "You want me to attack you?" he asked with an arrogant smirk.

"Didn't I say that? I thought you vampires had good hearing," I teased.

His whole face looked vindictive and we could all read; Oh, you are so going to get it!

When he came at me and grabbed my wrist I just rounded my arm, bent my knees and swung my arm in a circle, pushed his elbow and he was surprisingly on his back in the grass.

Stefan and Elena gasped in surprise and Damon was fast on his feet, glaring at me.

He still had a slightly surprised expression when he put his hands around the base of my throat, and it changed into a smirk. I centred myself and in a flash grabbed one of his hands with my right hand and at the same time swung my other hand on his arm, making his elbow bend and then curled his hand the wrong direction, making him drop to his knees. "Kotagaeshi," I said.

He looked at me like I was insulting him in Swedish, instead of saying the name of the move, which was my intention.

There wasn't any smile on his face anymore, instead his mouth started to twitch when he turned and came at me from behind with his right arm around my neck, I just lifted my left arm turned and grabbed his left arm as I ducked under and was free.

He got more and more frustrated the more I twirled and slammed him to the ground. Of course I understood that he had been kind to me in the beginning, using neither his strength nor speed, but the more I got away with, the rougher he got. And it really didn't help his temper that Elena cheered me on. Finally I was on the ground with his bared fangs against my neck.

"A good day to die?" he hissed and I actually laughed; Stefan and Elena didn't.

"Damon!" Elena gasped and Stefan was by our side with a hand on Damon's shoulder instantaneously. Damon just shrugged his brother's hand off and pulled me up from the grass, and both of us brushed our clothes which were stained with grass and dirt.

"So, when does the lesson start?" I asked cocky. He stared at me for a moment then he lifted me up and threw me over the shoulder and carried a laughing me over to Elena.

"Where did you learn to do that?" Elena asked impressed.

"My friend Anna; the one who was supposed to come with me on this trip, is an Aikido-trainer and she trained me," I explained once Damon had put me on the ground, still with his hands on my shoulders in what could be a possessive stance.

"I'm impressed," Stefan said with a smile. "You seem to be able to hold your own for a while."

Elena had obviously had some defence training before, because she took the stake I hadn't used and pointed it to Damon's chest when it was her turn. I thought about training sessions between the two of them I had seen on my TV and jealousy was shooting through me. Stefan took his place fast and he didn't have his old brooding face on; he actually looked sinister. Elena had some good moves, she could defend herself to a point, but it was obvious she had no basic training in self-defence before she met these guys.

We didn't see or hear from Klaus that day, even though we all expected him to just walk through the door at any moment that entire day.

Both Rebekah and Katherine were gone like the wind as well. Jeremy called though, and Stefan and Elena went to see him for a couple of hours.

~~Authors Note ~~

I don't know if Stefan and Elena take Damons threaths too seriously or if Emma is a little bit too cool...

Enjoy!, and dont forget to vote if you like it. / VeGirl

.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

19K 713 10
Dear Diary, I came back. I need to know. I need to see this for my own eyes. Her name is Elena Gilbert. She is a carboncopy of my best friend, Kather...
159K 2.7K 15
Dear diary, Well I'm officially going back to Mystic Falls to see my brothers. I haven't been there ever since I was turned into a werewolf. I'm not...
217K 4.1K 52
(Editing) As much as she'd love to have humanity in her she doesn't; she never did. As infuriating as it is, she has learned to cope with this and...
60.7K 1.3K 15
Elena is having a hard year and everything just got harder. Caroline and Stefan got together and left on a trip, Jeremy went to Denver to get away fr...