The Shrink Program

By Shayni

Maddison Tramph makes terrible life choices and is shrunken as a result. To return to normal, she must refor... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Part Two
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Part Three
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Part Four
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
PART FIVE
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178
Epilogue.
Bonus

Chapter 163

515 33 20
By Shayni

I am going to survive this.

If only for that short, sweet moment when I can take off this dress. This cursed piece of fabric that has brought me nothing but misery.

And burn it.

Maybe even perform a ceremonial dance in the ashes...

Sure, there was a lot more on the line here than just my life.

The lives of my friends for one thing. The whole world domination gig, also an issue.

But the point is, I deserve to set something on fire.

Which means we cannot afford to Screw. This. Up.

.... Further.

Hence, I was completely justified in trying to draw everyone's attention to the fact that Alex's violin had gone flying in the fray, with the natural consequence of no more music.

Which was kinda important, since it meant Jack was now on his way to kill us all... And away from me and my most recent experience with death...

Unfortunately, speaking my concerns did not have the desired affect...and only stood to make things worse.

The moment I opened my mouth, Nigel finally stop swinging Alex around and turned to look at me, golden eyes widened as he finally saw the state I was in.

Not that I could really blame him for not noticing earlier. A babyfied Alexander Floid is a sight I know better than to compete with.

Still, we had more important things to worry about than me being a little on the formerly deceased side, so I did my best to give Nigel a reassuring smile.

As it turns out, reassuring smiles don't really cut it when you're covered in blood and pale enough to count amongst the undead.

Needless to say, Nigel proceeded to freak out.

"Maddison!" With Alex still held prisoner in his arms, Nigel was hovering over my cage in an instant. "Are you okay?!"

I backed up a step, hands raised as if to ward off the intense concern vibes.

Trapped under the worried gaze of the only guy in the world who would call an ambulance for a paper cut...don't ask... Not to mention that other guy who looks about ready to murder someone if he doesn't get answers fast...

I did my best to reassure everyone in the room that, no, I wasn't on the brink of death.

Been there, done that...

"Would you believe..." I took a deep breath, pinching the bridge of my nose. "I fell in a puddle of tomato sauce?"

...It could happen.

"... Your dress has a big bloody hole in it, Maddison..." Nigel sounded almost apologetic for pointing out the flaw in my alibi.

"...I have a very unique sense of fashion."

Despite my efforts even Nigel... Sweet, sweet Nigel... Wasn't going to fall for my bullshit this time... Or even go along with it.

"... I'm sorry..."

Just like that, all hopes that I could somehow avoid dealing with feelings and just focus on the ever-approaching death went up in smoke.

"I couldn't stop him from taking you away." Nigel lowered his head shamefully, arms clutching so tight around Alex that it forced a small noise of pain from the child. "...I'm never able to stop anything."

I swallowed, not at all prepared for this sort of conversation.

Well, I could tell him not to beat himself up over me being abducted by a freaking bird of all things... but I had a feeling this was about more than unpredictable Jack attacks.

"...yea." I agreed quietly.

He flinched, still not looking at me.

I blamed Nigel constantly. It was one of my favourite past times.

But Nigel blaming himself, feeling guilty even though he had the kindest, most well-meaning heart on the planet.

Made me want to punch that dejected look right off his face.

"Me neither."

He finally looked up, and I gave him a crooked smile.

If I couldn't convince him it wasn't his fault, then I could at least let him know he wasn't the only incompetent failure in the room.

Being a loser is way more fun with company.

"We should start a club," Alex muttered in agreement.

I nodded. "I call president."

Alan raised a hand. "Vice."

"War Commander."

We all turned to stare at Robin.

She blinked innocently back.

Strange. Must have been the wind.

I sent a questioning look at Nigel, hoping that I had done enough to satisfy whatever it was eating at him.

I caught sight of his lip trembling, before he bit it, and buried his face into the top of Alex's head.

The little boy himself seemed none too pleased with this development but restrained himself.

Verbally anyway. That stony expression on his face spoke very clearly of his desire to die right about now.

God...I wish I had a camera.

"Nigel."

And just like that...

"Put Floid down."

Happy feeling's gone.

"Vain...?" Nigel turned to look questioningly back at the shorter boy, suddenly anxious.

In fact, the stress levels in the room skyrocketed the moment the albino broke his silence.

When it came to Vain, the calmer he seemed was normally a good indication of how angry he was.

Right now, he looked tranquil enough to rival baby animals yawning in slow motion.

Without answering Nigel's unspoken question, Vain made his way into the room, approaching the duo at a blunt, controlled pace.

Nigel was obviously torn between running for his life and staying to defend his friend from almost certain death.... but at Alex's wriggling, he set the small boy down on his feet.

Alex actually seemed nervous as Vain came to stand in front of him, fidgeting with his clothing in the imposing shadow of the suddenly towering teenager.

Vain remained silent, studying the smaller boy.

"Don't bother." Alex snapped, in more ways than one, under Vain's impassive gaze.

It was obvious Alex was expecting to be verbally torn a new one, and the expectations of what Vain might say was getting to him.

"I know I screwed up." His arms crossed angrily over his chest. "We have better things to do than listen to you complain about it."

Something that had taken me a long time to understand about Alex was that he respected words. Would rather debate than fight.

He was such a badass, naturally intimidating and lethal when he wanted to be that it was hard to think of him as someone with philosophical thoughts.

It was only from seeing him argue with Vain, often over who was the greater jackass, that I began to realise he enjoyed having someone to argue with. Someone sharp enough to be a challenge.

Fighting is much more fun when there is no guarantee that you won't lose. That you won't get hurt.

It was the fear of getting hurt that had Alex trembling now.

Vain isn't an idiot, and as socially inept as he can be at times, it would take a real idiot not to notice Alex wasn't in any state to deal with his level of criticism at the moment...

"Blaming yourself before anyone else has a chance to is a bad habit of yours Floid." He said simply, making the small boy cringe.

So much for showing mercy to your rival when he's down.

I grimaced, about to open my mouth and draw Vain's attention, when my neighbour knelt down and stayed crouched to remain on the same level as Alex.

The equalising move was enough to shut me up and settle some of Alex's nerves as he was finally able to hold still.

"We don't have a lot of time, so I'll make this brief." He began in a measured tone, meeting Alex gaze with quiet intensity. "If I held you responsible for this anyway, the past or present, you'd know about it."

Alex backed away. It may have gone unnoticed if the small half step hadn't caused him to collide with Nigel's long legs.

The tall blonde lowered a hand to the child's head, showing silent support.

Those words and the implications behind them seemed to unnerve everyone in the room.

Vain was acting scary, even for him.

"That being said." He continued, voice cold enough to send shivers down my spine. "There is someone I would very much like to talk to, in regards to promises made."

Alex seemed to have a better understanding of that reference than I since he immediately stiffened in alarm.

"You can't be serious-"

"I am."

Vain reached forward, actually grabbing Alex by the front of his gown to pull him closer.

"So if you wouldn't mind, answer me one simple question." Vain's voice lowered as what little patience he had left ran dry.

"Where is Jack?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 487 40
This book has undergone massive editing and rewriting and is now an officially published book. The copy on Wattpad will stay as a full, unedited, fi...
74.1K 851 46
G/T short stories! I'm open to suggestions.
31 0 25
Two best friends, who are opposites, and have a love hate relationship, Play in the woods together. When suddenly they get Kidnapped by a mad scienti...
38.2K 538 22
Ladies and Gentlegiants! Come with me to faraway lands where people of strange sizes live. Will they be nice? Will they hurt you? What fantastic -or...