LIB

By XxBlondie99xX

After losing her parents in a drunk driving accident, Hailey Baker moves in with her wealthy and eccentric un... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
Stuff I forgot
What to change?
Publication

Chapter 20

282K 4.1K 956
By XxBlondie99xX

           The next morning, I went over to Blake’s house bright and early. I knocked on the door and a moment later, Sophie opened it. “Hey, Blake is being lazy, so he’s still in bed.”

            I chuckled. “That’s okay, I’ll go wake him up then.”

            Sophie grinned. “Don’t do anything naughty.”

            I winked as I walked past her and headed to Blake’s room. “No promises,” I called back over my shoulder. Her laughter followed me down the hallway.

            I opened the door to Blake’s room and saw him lying over the covers in a pair of pajama pants. His head turned in my direction. “This better be important,” he grumbled.

            I walked over to the side of the bed. “I’m always important.”

            His lips turned up into a smile. “What are you doing here this early?”

            I climbed onto the bed. “Well, I have this idea,” I said as I jumped on top of him.

            He grunted when I landed on him, his arms automatically winding around my waist. “If your idea doesn’t involve you losing some clothes, then I don’t want to hear it.”

            I smacked his shoulder. “Pervert,” I muttered.

            He slid one hand up my back until he reached my head. He pulled me down so that he could kiss me softly. “You like it when I’m a pervert,” he murmured against my lips.

            I shivered a little and pressed myself closer to him. “Maybe sometimes,” I agreed.

            He shifted and flipped us over so that he was now hovering over me. He braced himself on one arm and let his free hand trace the contours of my face. “You’re so beautiful,” he said quietly.

            My heart fluttered and I responded by capturing his lips with mine. I wrapped my arms around his bare torso, running one hand up and down his back. He let out a little sound of pleasure and nibbled at my bottom lip. I smiled a little, but refused to open for him.

            Blake pulled back a little. “Open for me baby,” he whispered hoarsely.

            I pressed my lips to his again and this time when he asked for entrance, I granted it to him. The kiss deepened and when he tugged at the hem of my shirt, I willingly shifted so that he could pull it off of me. He tossed it away and ran his hands down my sides. He moved his lips to the side of my neck and my body arched against his.

            I went to roll us over again, but apparently I misjudged how close to the edge of the bed we were, because we both suddenly went tumbling through the air. I let out a small shriek before I landed on top of him with a thud.

            I pushed myself up a little and looked down at him. He was flat on his back with a stunned look on his face. I could feel the laughter bubbling up and a moment later I started giggling hysterically. “Oh my god, I can’t believe that just happened,” I gasped.

            Blake let out a small groan. “I don’t even know what did happen,” he stated.

            “Well, I was trying to roll us over, but obviously misjudged where the edge of the bed was.” I patted his cheek, trying to stifle my laughter. “Thanks for breaking my fall.”

            His lips twitched up into a smile. “No problem.” Then he grew serious. “That didn’t hurt your back, did it?”

            “No, I’m okay. But your face was priceless!” I broke out into laughter again and this time he joined me. I collapsed on top of him, no longer able to hold myself up. He put his arms around me and held me to him as we both struggled to calm down.

            When we finally managed to breathe again, I climbed off of him. He got to his feet with a groan, one hand going back to rub the small of his back. “I know they say that love hurts, but this is ridiculous,” he complained.

            I started to chuckle, but then stopped abruptly. “What did you say?”

            He frowned a little. “I said…” he trailed off when he realized what he had implied and his cheeks went a little red.

            I put one hand on his face. “I’ve never seen you blush before,” I murmured.

            He sighed and pulled away to sit on the edge of the bed. “I didn’t mean to say that,” he told me.

            Disappointment rushed through me. “Oh,” I muttered.

            He reached for my hand and pulled me to him until I was standing between his legs while he was sitting on the bed. “It’s not that I didn’t mean it,” he said. “I just wanted it to be special when I told you.”

            My lips tugged into a smile. “Well, technically you still haven’t told me,” I reminded him. “And since when does anything in our relationship go as planned?”

            He smiled and pulled me onto his lap. “I love you,” he murmured into my ear.

            I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder. “I love you too,” I replied.

            He ran his hand over my still bare back. “So what was your idea anyways?”

            I was confused for a moment before I remembered the reason I came over in the first place. “I think we should enter the talent show for our school.”

             He frowned. “Seriously? Why would we do that?”

            “To show everyone what we’re made of,” I replied. “We can get up in front of the school and let them see that even though you may be blind, you’re still awesome.”

            He sighed. “This is important to you, isn’t it?”

            “Yeah.”

            “Then we’ll do it.”

            I lifted my head off his shoulder. “Really? You’re not going to fight me on this or make me promise you something in return?”

            He shook his head. “If it’s important to you, then we’ll do it. I just told you that I love you. Do you really think I’m going to deny you something that means a lot to you?”

            I was speechless for a moment. Then I twisted around until I was straddling him and crashed my lips to his roughly. He let out a small grunt of surprise, but quickly responded. He let his body fall back onto the bed, pulling me with him.

            Things were getting pretty heated when he suddenly pulled away. “We need to stop now, before I can’t,” he said hoarsely.

            “What if I don’t want to stop?” I whispered.

            He blew out a long breath. “We’re not going to do this for the first time when Sophie is in the house. I don’t want to have to worry about anyone coming in and interrupting us.”

            I pushed myself up so that I could look down at his face. “Is that the only reason?” I asked quietly.

            He frowned. “What do you mean?”

            I shrugged and rolled off of him. “Nothing,” I muttered.

            A moment later he was on top of me. “Don’t lie to me, Hales. What did you mean by that?”

            I blew out a breath. “I can’t believe I’m actually going to ask you this, because I feel like a cliché insecure girl. But are you sure it’s not just because you don’t want me?”

            Shock covered his features. “Are you serious?”

            “Yeah.”

            He lowered his head and brushed his lips softly over mine. “Hailey, I want you more than anything. But I don’t want our first time to have to be somewhere that we have to worry about other people. I want to be able to take our time and not feel rushed.”

            I lifted a hand and ran it through his hair. “That makes sense. I’m just getting impatient I guess.”

            He smiled. “I am too. Maybe we should plan to go to a hotel for the night or something. That way there will be no interruptions.”

            “That might be a good idea. When?”

            He pressed his lips to the spot beneath my ear. “How about next weekend? I’ll make all the arrangements.”

            “Sounds good. For now, how about we go think about a song for the talent show?”

            He groaned a little, but then nodded. “You’re lucky I love you.”

            “You like saying that, don’t you?”

            “What?”

            “That you love me.”

            He shrugged. “Maybe.”

            “Just admit it.”

            “Never.”

            “Stubborn ass.”

            He grinned. “You wouldn’t have me any other way.”

            I rolled my eyes. “I guess. That makes me weird, doesn’t it?”

            “Yeah, kinda.”

            “And what does that make you for being in love with me?”

            He thought about it for a moment. “Extra weird?” he offered.

            I laughed. “Well, you’re definitely that. But I love you anyways.”

            “Now who likes saying it?” he mocked.

            I smacked his shoulder. “Don’t be such a jerk.”

            He nuzzled at my neck. “I can’t change who I am.”

            I shivered a little as his breath tickled me. “I’ll never ask you to change who you are. Although I might try to tweak you a little bit here and there.”

            He reluctantly pulled away from me and got to his feet. “Well, let’s go work on a song then. Do you have any idea about what you want us to do?”

            I climbed off the bed and stood next to him, grabbing my shirt and pulling it back on. “Not really. I figured we could just play around until we found something we liked.”

            “Works for me. Can I get something to eat first?”

            I heaved a fake sigh. “Oh, I suppose so.”

            He chuckled and took my hand, leading me out of the room.

            An hour later, we were both sitting on the piano bench. I had brought my Ipod along, so I set it up on the table beside us and set it on shuffle. As we listened to some songs, I played around on piano a little. Blake was sitting quietly, one arm loosely wrapped around my waist.

            We’d been listening to the music for about half an hour, when a song came on that had both of us perking up a little. “Can you play this on the guitar?” I asked him.

            “Yeah. Can you do it on the piano?”

            I furrowed my brow. “I think so, but I’ve never tried to go through it fully. I can learn it though; the talent show isn’t until right before Christmas break. This song is perfect for us.”

            He grinned. “Yeah, it really is. So this is the one we’ll do then?”

            “Definitely. That okay with you?”

            “Yeah, I’ve always liked this song and this band. They have good music.”

            So for the next hour and a bit, we practiced playing the song. Blake had gone to get his guitar, so he sat on the bench facing the opposite way from me. We goofed around a little as well, which made it a lot more fun.

            When Blake finally had enough, he put his guitar down. “I’m done for now. I want to go do something else.”

            I turned my head to look at him. “What do you want to do?”

            He stood up and stretched his arms over his head. “I don’t really care, I just need to move around a little.”

            My eyes lit up. “I know! We can go shopping!”

            He dropped his arms back down to his sides. “Really? Shopping?”

            “Yeah. We can buy clothes to wear for the talent show.”

            “Can’t you just go by yourself?”

            “Nope, you have to come with me.”

            “I haven’t gone shopping in two years,” he said.

            “All the more reason for you to come with me. I’ll buy you an ice cream after.”

            He rolled his eyes. “Oh yeah, because ice cream makes everything better.”

            I narrowed my eyes at him. “It does. Suck it up, you’re coming with me.”

            “Were you always this bossy?”

            I thought about it for a minute. “I think so. Now lets go. We can see if Sophie wants to go as well.” I grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the room, searching for Sophie. I found her in the living room, watching TV. “Hey, we’re going to the mall to go shopping. Want to come with us?”

            She looked at me with raised eyebrows. “You convinced him to go shopping?”

            “Yup. Want to help torture him?”

            “Oh hell yeah! Just give me a few minutes to get ready.” She scurried out of the room.

            Blake groaned and ran a hand over his face. “Damn women, ganging up on me.”

            I put my arms around his waist and hugged him, resting my cheek against his chest. “It won’t be that bad. Besides, at least we get to spend time together this way.”

            His arms came around me as he kissed the top of my head. “That’s true, I suppose. I won’t bring Abby with me, since you and Sophie will both be there. Just don’t randomly abandon me if you see a pair of shoes that you really like.”

            I laughed a little. “No promises. That reminds me, I wanted to ask you something. Do you have one of those cane thingy’s?”

            “Cane thingy’s?”

            “Yeah, you know. Those sticks that fold up and you use them to find your way around.”

            “Oh, those things. Yeah, I have one, but I barely ever use it. I almost always have Abby or someone with me as a guide when I go somewhere new, so I’ve never really needed it. Why?”

            I shrugged. “Just curious. I’ve never seen you use one, so I just wanted to know if you had one or not.”

            “I can show it to you sometime if you want,” he offered.

            A wicked grin spread across my face. “Are you offering to show me your stick?”

            “Oh ew, that’s gross,” Sophie said as she came back into the room.

            I laughed. “Oddly enough, that isn’t exactly what it sounded like.”

            She shuddered. “I don’t want to know. Let’s just get going before you make me gag.”

            Blake laughed. “Oh, this could actually be fun. I didn’t realize this kind of stuff made you uncomfortable, Sophie.”

            “You’re like my brother, Blake. I really don’t need to hear about what goes on between the two of you.”

            Blake grabbed my chin and tilted my head up so that he could kiss me softly. “Payback is going to be fun,” he murmured.

            I pushed him away. “Don’t make her uncomfortable. I know it always used to make me gag when I saw Jake and Amanda together.”

            “Who are they?” Sophie asked.

            I froze as I realized that she didn’t know about my brother. “Uh, no one. Let’s get going.”

            Sophie looked at me curiously for a minute before nodding. “Sure. This is going to be so much fun.”

            Blake sighed as I started walking with him to the front door. “You so owe me after this,” he told me.

            “Yeah, yeah. That’s what you always say.”  

*********************************************************************

It's a little shorter then I wanted it to be, but oh well. Only partially edited, so please excuse any mistakes.

So, they said the big L word! And they're entering a talent show! I'm not going to tell anyone what the song is until the talent show, but my hubby and I both agreed that it sounded perfect for the two of them.

What did you think of the chapter? Is everyone excited for when they go to the hotel next weekend? I know I am!

Comment as always to let me know what you thought of the chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345 32 31
Hailey just went through a loss over someone she really cares about. Liam has always had a crush on Hailey, however he has never talked to her until...
1.4M 52.3K 112
I anticipated every breath, and every word. Each day, you could only take an uneducated guess at what he would say. What he would do. My heart tremor...
2.7M 72.3K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...
3.6K 52 3
'𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈 𝐌𝐄𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐘, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄.' after j...