Enamored | ✓

By AngeliqueToledo

He caressed my hair gently, his fingertips touching large chunks of silky strands, ❝I wanted to give you a c... More

0. Trailer and Author's Note
1. Acquainted
2. Intoxicated
3. Divulged
4. Dread
5. Ultimatum
6. Guilt
7. The First Game
8. La Verdad
9. Ayperos
10. Dangerous Touch
11. Confessions
12. Comfortable
13. Aggravation
14. Amor
15. Game Trois
16. Rest In Peace
17. Horrifying Roots
18. The Bridal Fruit
19. Midnight Visits
20. Teddy Bear
21. Rescue
22. Medio Terrae
23. Runes of Love
25. By Blood
26. A Necessary Death
27. Savior
28. It's Over
29. Catch Me When I Fall
30. Humane
31. True Colors
32. Safe House
33. Attacked
34. Rejuvenation
35. Rejection
36. Discovery
37. Sacrifice
38. The Final Outcome
39. Ambush
40. Chosen One
41. Eternal Love
Epilogue
2ND BOOK *IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE
New Book and Upcoming Works after Enamored

24. In The Arms of An Angel

4.4K 153 17
By AngeliqueToledo

Hi everyone! Here's another update for Enamored! Lately, things haven't been a lot easy for me this week so I apologize for the lack of consistency in my updates. I do promise that I'll update at least once or twice a week and that will either be on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays! I hope you all enjoy this chapter! :D

Song: I Love You Too Much x Diego Luna and Gustavo Santaollala

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I stared at the multiple text messages that showed up on my phone from Ted, Brittany, and Daniel. Apparently all of them had to leave for Europe because of their parents current scandal in Hollywood. I totally understood, I just wished I wasn't left alone to deal with the problems that ensued with Medio Terrae.

I should be grateful because I have Angelo by my side regardless of the loneliness that settled in my heart. I sat with my legs crossed on one of the couches in Angelo's living room as I continued to study from the yellowed pages of Fructus Est Nuptialis.

One of the doors to my side clicked open and Angelo walked in with his large ivory wings dragging behind him.

"Where've you been?" I asked him.

"I came from the Angel Council." he replied with a loud sigh. I stared at him confused.

"The Angel Council is the government among all angels in heaven.They decide who is assigned as guardians, as workers in government, and as soldiers."

I closed the book and walked towards him.

"What's wrong?" I said worriedly cupping his cheek. Angelo leaned against my hand before taking it and kissing the palm of my hand.

"I reported to them the issues about Medio Terrae. They deemed it as unimportant human affairs because it hasn't caused any 'grand' problems between the balance of power between Heaven and the Nether Realm." he finished.

"I'm so sorry about that." I told him before he pulled me to his arms.

I inhaled his soapy scent before he began to speak again causing his chest to rumble. "They don't believe me because I'm just a guardian angel." he murmured sadly.

"A guardian angel? Is that the lowest position you could be?" I asked.

"Yes, because we are much closer to the Nether Realm. Below Earth, lies the Nether Realm. The highest I could be is to be a part of the Angel Council." Angelo explained.

I pulled away from him slightly. "Does that mean that if you get promoted, you won't be my guardian angel anymore? Does that mean that you'll leave me?" My heart broke just the thought of him leaving me. Why am I being like this? I wasn't the type of girl who wanted my happiness to depend on one person.

Maybe this is what love does to a person; it makes you weak.

Angelo ran his hand down my hair. "I would never leave you." he said with certainty. "Once you choose me, I'll take you to Heaven so we can live there together."

"Is it as beautiful as they described it in the book?" I asked him.

"Words can never describe how beautiful it is." he replied.

"Why can't we be just any ordinary couple?" I sighed against his chest.

"Well, we do have the typical love story of best friends finally getting into a relationship, except I'm an angel and you're an important person that can save Earth from some of the destruction caused by humans."

"What an amazing love story." I laughed. We were now both sitting on one of the fluffy couches as I nestled closer to Angelo.

"We can be an ordinary couple for today." Angelo suggested as he kissed my temple gingerly.

"Let's go to the county fair."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And for five short hours, Angelo and I spent our first date together as a couple at the LA County Fair. We did all the stereotypical activities every ordinary couple would do; ride on the carousel, eat cotton candy together, and play a game in one of the booths and get a free teddy bear after.

Our whole day was amazing regardless of its simple happiness that it gave me and Angelo.

After going on a rollercoaster, we decided to sit on one of the creaky benches hidden behind a bunch of cars to contemplate about our perfect day.

The sun was setting which caused the clouds above us to be in its purplish orange hue. The once warm wind slowly inches its way towards a chilled caress as night comes to a near.

"Thank you so much for this amazing day!" I sighed happily as I clutched the brown teddy bear Angelo won for me.

"It's no problem, I live for moments like this with you." Angelo answered as he takes my hands to his.

"We could have always done stuff like this when I was just your best friend-" I began.

"But right now, in this moment, you're here with me as my girlfriend." Angelo interrupted softly.

I turned towards him and he gave me a soft kiss that soon escalated to a passionate one. He ran his hands up and down my side while I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer to me.

I needed more of him.

His tongue explored my mouth as if he couldn't get enough of my taste. I couldn't agree more. Without breaking from our kiss, Angelo carried me and placed me on a hood of a car and continued our passionate kiss.

I choose you. I thought to myself as Angelo continued to touch me in places that sent warm tingles all over my body.

It was going well, until an image in my brain crept its way inside like a parasite; Daemon's face.

I pulled away from Angelo abruptly.

"I'm sorry," he said to me breathless from our kiss. "I was going too fast."

I felt embarrassed and bad at the same time. The mark on my forearm throbbed softly.

"It's not you," I began, "it's...just I'm not ready to go further than what we are doing." I explained shyly.

He nodded in understanding. "It's okay, Celeste. I'm sorry if I pushed you too far." he whispered, kissing my forehead.

"Let's go home." Angelo smiled as he reached his hand towards me.

The moon was high and a few stars twinkled in the sky when we finally arrived at Angelo's house. We were sitting on the swing set on the porch of his house laughing and smiling at our stupid inside jokes.

"I thought you were taking me home." I said.

"I know. But I feel it's much safer for you to stay with us for awhile until Daemon and I expose the lair of the Medio Terrae to the Angel Council." Angelo explained.

"What about my mother?"

"She'll be safe. There's already a rune installed in your home." Angelo assured me.

I shook my head. "But I still don't understand. You're working with Daemon to find more of Medio Terrae? I thought you two hated each other."

"When it comes to you, I'll work with anyone to ensure your safety." Angelo answered firmly.

"Alright, well I hope both of you don't kill each other while you work together." I said jokingly before giving him a kiss goodnight.

"Where should I sleep tonight?" I asked him as Angelo opened the door for me.

"There's a guest room down the hall first door to your left." he replied before swinging the door open for me. "I'll be right inside later, I just have to take this call."

I nodded before Angelo gave me another kiss and disappeared outside.

I took off my shoes once I went inside and headed for the living room to watch Netflix before getting ready for bed.

Once I arrived at the living room of Angelo's house, the large sofa was already occupied by Daemon's tall figure as he increased the volume of the movie he was watching; The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I guess it looks like I'm going to bed already, then. I thought.

Before I turned around to avoid Daemon, his silky voice stopped me in my tracks. "Well, look who's here."

I rolled my eyes. "What are you doing here Daemon?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

Daemon took a bite from a juicy red apple before talking. "Why wouldn't I be here?"

I let out a theatrical sigh before I caught an apple in my hands quickly to avoid myself getting hit.

"Apple?" Daemon offered with a sly grin.

I threw the apple at his head before turning around quickly and sprinting to the guest room. I heard his groans of pain which caused a smile to form on my face.

"That's what you get." I mused.

My phone buzzed in my front pocket. I took it out to view the message.

Brittany: Celeste, it's me. I need your help!

I quickly replied to Brittany's text.

Me: Where are you right now?

Another buzz emitted from my phone signifying another reply from Brittany.

Brittany: I'm outside your house. Things have gone really badly...I just came back from Europe.

Me: I'll be right there, stay there.

I quickly replied before putting on my jacket quickly and heading outside. The cool night air blew on my face while I walked quickly to the nearest bus stop in order to get to my house.

The soft patter of footsteps began to increase behind me. The hair behind my neck began to stand up in caution as I increased my pace. The street Angelo lived in was only lit by a few light poles which casted an eerie vibe ahead of me.

Three black figures soon blocked my way before I could take another step.

"You either come with us quietly, or we do it the hard way." A deep voice uttered from the three.

I began to turn around to escape but not before a large hand covered my face with something that caused me to close my eyes and fall into the dark abyss.

What do you guys think will happen to Celeste? :O Please don't forget to comment and vote!

Xoxo,

Angelique <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265 98 20
I am entrapped in a nightmare. A school where souls are categorised into three realms - Heaven, Earth and Nether. Disguised as a Demon, I am trying t...
470K 6.9K 32
"I’ve been beaten, I’ve been raped, and I’ve been battered and bruised, ruined all around. I don’t like to trust, I don’t like it when boys look at m...
77.6K 2.9K 31
On angel wings he hauls you into hell where his master waits. Can you escape their clutches? Or will you lose your soul to the flames? You're a norma...
2.2K 478 48
When an evil force from a parallel dimension threatens her world, a college student with supernatural abilities realizes that insomnia is the least o...