You belong with me (Joey Rich...

Von JulzLuvsYew

Mehr

Chapter two
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

You belong with me (Joey Richter Love Story)

3.3K 25 11
Von JulzLuvsYew

name: Katniss Lynn Moore

hair: brown, long

eyes: big(not freakishly big just...cute big), shining, brown

complection: average, but a bit on the pale side.

height: 5ft 8in, average height

body: skinny, good curves but arent very noticable, long legs.

Ex: First word that comes to mind when describing her: Nerd. She wears dorky glasses, has high honors grades, never failed a test in her life, doesnt do sports, not one detention in her whole school career, and follows the rules. But shes also caring, considerate, and nice. Shes reserved around people cause she is so used to being bullied. Pretty but her nerdiness draws people from seeing it. In her Senior year at highschool.

................................................................................................................................................

"Come on Sweety its time for school hun." My Aunt said as she softly shook me. I yawned and sat up.

"Ok, thanks Aunty Jane." I said. She smiled and left my bedroom. I got up and stretched. I walked over to my closet and pulled out some clothes to get ready for school.

Oh, wait, sorry I havent properly introduced myself yet! Hi, My name is Katniss Moore. And no Im not named after the girl from the hunger games. I was born before the book. My mom just likes plants so she named me after the plant. Well Im a Senior at Blake Wood High. I live with my Aunt Jane because when I was ten my parents were killed. But lets not bring that up. Anyway....

I put this on:

http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_64/set?id=36818206

. I brushed out my hair and let it stay in its long, curly state, over one of my shoulders.

I grabbed my bag off of the desk chair and walked downstairs. I went into the kitchen and said "Morning."

"Morning Katniss." My Aunt said. I poured myself a cup of orange juice and and took a drink. I looked at the clock and almost did a spit take. 8:05. Classes start at 8:15.

"SHOOT! I have to go! See you after school! Love you!" I yelled as I ran out the door.

"Love you too! Have a nice day!" she called after me. I ran to where my bike was, on the side of the house. I quickly got on it and started riding down the rode, towards the school.

I took a sharp turn on Green St. and then almost crashed my bike. A truck had almost rammed into me. I caught myself with my foot and looked up. The truck just kept roaring past me, heading down the road towards the school. Must be a high schooler too. An idiot, jerk of a highschooler.

I quickly regained myself and started riding towards the school again. I jumped off when I got to the bike rack and quickly locked it onto the bar with my chord. I ran to the front doors and checked my watch. 8: 11.

I ran to my locker and grabbed my books, shoving them into my bag as I hurried towards my first class of the day, Math.

I got in and the teacher turned towards me. He glanced at the clock. I did too. 8:14.

"Try to get in a bit earlier next time Katniss. But you arent late so just take your seat." he said.

"Thanks Mr.Wolffe(pronounced Wolf)." I said. He gave a nod and I went to my seat, at the back corner of the room. When I was a row down Jamie stuck her foot out and I tripped, almost falling. Everyone laughed as I dropped my things with a thud. I silently picked them up quickly and with one glance at Jamie I went over to my desk and sat down, fixing my glasses slightly.

"Alrght Class, today we will be having a review day sinse we finished the chapter yesterday. Lets see if you can remember all the way back to 6th grade shall we? Exponents and Powers." Mr.Wolffe said as the bell finished, signalling the start of class.

I pulled out my notebook and a pencil. Exponents and Powers were probably the easiest thing on earth. Its not like I have to pay attention to this.

I started sketching aimlessly. The bell rang and my head snapped up. I hadnt even realised that I had been drawing that long. I quickly put my notebook into my bag and follwed all the others out of the room.

Social Studies went by the same way. Finally it was time for Gym. That class seemed to be made for my own personal hell.

I put my bag in my locker and made my way towards the Gym. I was just down the hall when somebody rammed into my from behind, knocking me over. I looked up to see a group of Jocks goofing off.

The one who had knocked me down was Joey Richter. Quarterback for the football team, Captain on the basketball team, high honors, President of student coucil, head of Drama Club, and best voice there was in Choir. He was also the most popular guy in school and probably the best looking too. All the girls wanted him. I hated him.

It wasnt that he was mean to me or anything, or that he was a snob its just that he was so perfect. It wasnt fair. Here I was at the bottom of the social ladder, parents having been murdered, cant play sports to save my life, with people bullying me left and right and there he was, not a care in the world.

"Oh, sorry!" he said, turning from his laughing friends towards me. We locked eyes for a second then I looked down. I quickly got up and walked past him. I knew that my face was red but I didnt care. I just wanted to leave before they started making fun of me.

I quickly went into the gym and down to the locker room. I walked past all the girls to my locker and did the combonation. I grabbed my clothes and walked into one of the stalls. I hated getting dressed infront of the others girls. I got insecure easy.

I put on my uniform and put my hair into a high ponytail. Then I tradded my Uggs for a pair of tennis shoes I keep in my locker and walked out to the gym. I sat in the bleachers, away from where everyone else was talking. I didnt care that I was alone right now though, I was kinda used to it.

Soon Coach Walsh walked in and blew his whistle. Everyone went silent.

"Alright! Its Tuesday! You all know what that means!" He said. I heard alot of the guys start talking excitedly. I groaned. "DODGEBALL!" Coach said.

The guys whooped and the girls giggled at them. Soon coach had picked out two captains. Josh Brittinham, and Jeremy Lanning. They started picking.

"Joey." Josh said. He was picking first and of course Joey Richter was the first choosen then hopped off the bleachers and over to Josh.

"Brandon."

"Brianna"

"Anthony"

"Brian"

"Chase"

"Ariel"

"Jamie"

"Taylor"

"Scott"

Finally there was only me and a short, twig of a boy named Andrew. Andrew was a bit of a freak. He was caught constantly picking his nose and had glasses that were about two inches thick. Plus he was just a plain well, dork. But I have no room to talk about being a dork I guess.

"Andrew." Josh said. Jeremy groaned and guestured to me as him and his team turned to walk over to our side of the court. I got up silently and walked after them. Like I said, I was used to this.

The game began and I mostly just tried to stay at the back, dodging balls and staying low, not even thinking about trying to throw one myself. But finally everyone else who was going left and right trying to get people out were all out. I looked around and my eyes went wide. I was alone on my side and on the other side was one person. Joey Richter.

"Come on Joey! Just chuck it at her already!" Chase called out from the bench.

"Im not chucking a ball at a chick Chase!" Joey said rolling his eyes. I frowned. Did he just call me a chick. I picked up a ball and looked at it for a second then I threw it at Joey. It went about 5 inches infront of Joeys face. He turned to look at me and raised his eyesbrows.

"Okay, the girl wants to play, I'll play." he said. He threw a ball at me and I jumped to the right. It missed.

The people sitting down started to cheer. I picked up another ball and threw it at him. He dodged it. He threw another one but it was kinda weak so I side-stepped it.

"Come on Joey! Just take her out!" Taylor shouted.

"I already told you! Im not chucking it at a chick!" he called back. I threw another ball at him and he caught it with barely a glance my way.

"There, shes out! We're done here!" Joey said rolling his eyes. Brian stood up and walked over to Joey.

"Why didnt you just peg her man?"

"Cause, I told you, shes a chick, that would be like, harsh." Joey said with a shrug. Brian grinned.

"You know what else is harsh? This!" Brian yelled and tackled Joey. They wrestled on the ground laughing.

"Your going down Rosenthal!" Joey laughed as he gave his best friend a noogy. A group of the other jocks came over, they started joking around.

"Alright, get dressed!" Coach said, chuckling at the guys. I ran down to the locker room and changed quickly, took my hair back down and walked out. Just as I did so the bell for lunch rang.

I walked to my locker and got my lunch that Aunt Jane had made me. I went into the caffeteria and went over to an empty table and sat down silently. I took out my sandwich when somebody sat across from me. I froze. Nobody ever sat with me. They all either ignored me, or hated me.

I looked up and was shocked to see Joey. He gave me a small smile. I just stared back in return.

"Hey." he said.

"What are you doing?" I blurted out. He looked confused.

"Saying Hi." he said.

"No, I mean why are you sitting there." I said.

"Do you want me to go? I mean if Im bothering you I can." he said starting to get up.

"no! Its fine, you can sit there, its just that I dont know why you want to sit with me, everyone hates me." I said.

"I dont hate you." he said simply, opening a snack pack.

"You dont?" I asked.

"Nope. I havent met you so its obvious i cant hate you. So, when did you move here?" he asked.

"Um, I've lived here sinse I was ten..." I said. He looked shocked.

"What!? How come I've never noticed you? First time I've ever seen you is when I bumped into you this morning, oh and sorry bout that, Brian kinda knocked me into you." he said.

"Oh..um..its fine, and probably cause Im a dork, nobody ever really talks to me..." I said.

"Oh, well, um, sorry bout that." he said. I shrugged.

"Its not your fault. Besides Im used to it." I said.

"Oh." he said. "You know i never got your name." he said.

"Katniss Moore." I replied.

"Joey Richter, at your service." he said giving a small bow. I gave a small smile. I think thats the first one I've had at school.

"Well, Joey, its nice to officially meet you." I said. He did a goofy grin. His crooked jaw made it even more goofy.

"Pleasures all mine!" He said, taking some grapes out of his lunch sack. He threw one up and caught it in his mouth.

I watched him for a minute and he soon noticed.

"What?" he asked.

"I dont get it." I said.

"Dont get what?" he asked confused.

"Your a Jock."

"And?" he inquired.

"Well, your nice. I've never really had somebody be nice to me at school and I certainly didnt expect a jock to be the first one." I said. He frowned.

"You know, Jocks arent stuck up guys that only care about sports and girls." he said. I looked down my face a bit red with embarassment. "At least most jocks arent. And the ones that are a just plain as.swholes, but not all Jocks are like that."

"Sorry." I said quietly.

"Hey, dont be. You said you get bullied. I'd understand why you'd think that." he said. Then his normal goofy grin returned. "So, Katniss, are you coming to the game Friday night?" he asked.

I shook my head and his grin left. "What? Why not?" he asked.

I shrugged "I dont know, I guess Im not really a football person." I said.

"Oh come on! It'll be fun! But hey, its on Friday, today it Tuesday you have plenty of time to re-think that." he said with a grin. I shrugged again.

"I should get to class." I said standing up. He looked around, then looked at me confused.

"We still have almost ten minutes of lunch break left." he said.

"I know. I have reading literature next, I have to speak to the teacher before class." I explained shouldering my bag.

"Oh, well...see ya then." he said.

"Bye." I told him and walked away.

The only thoughts going through my mind as I walked towards the school library where readin literature was held, was that I had sat with Joey Richter, Jock, Popular, scholor, and cool guy at lunch. Why the hell would he bother sitting with me? I had no clue.

Weiterlesen