My Chance [Levi Ackerman X OC...

由 toxictaem

[Completed] "And... You were really good looking." I fiddled my thumbs. "I prefer hot." 更多

Before we start
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue
7 Years Later
Alternate Ending
Trust

Chapter 3

12.4K 312 350
由 toxictaem

Author's note* I know that Levi was 36 or so in the actual anime however I'm going to make him younger to fit the story. I'm also going to alter some other ages of people.

Chance's POV
  "I take that back are you seriously considering the Scouts?" She demanded rather softly.

  "Yes otherwise I wouldn't be here." I said coldly.

"But why? Do you worship them like Eren does?" She asks.

"No I rather despise them to be fair." I say.

  "Then why?" She said, obviously confused.

"That's for me to know. By the way who's Eren?" I ask.

"Family." Mikasa flips her scarf.

Soon we reached our dorm and I flopped down on the closest bed. Mikasa chose the bed above me.

"Do you have a reason to be here?" I ask.

"I'm here to protect my family." Mikasa says.

  "Oh, what Regiment are you joining?" I ask.

"Probably the Scouts, knowing Eren but who knows?" She looks up.

  "What happened to all the negative talk about them earlier? Anyways I'm joining the Scouts for sure." I say. Everyone turns to look at me.

"Are you nuts? The Scouts really ? You'd get killed!" A brown haired girl with freckles complained.

  "Im already dead on the inside." I stated coldly.

"Sheesh. Emo pessimist." The girl turns her back to me. "But then again I doubt you'll make top 10 so just prepare yourself for death." She smirks.

  "Ymir!" A blonde girl says.

  "I'm sorry about her, she's just a huge realist." She says apologetically.

  "Nah she's right." I brushed her off. I smirked to myself. Let's see who's going to be the one smiling when it's time for action.

"Today is the first official day we are going to be training. We are going to be balancing on the wires of the 3D maneuvering gear, if you can't manage to balance without flipping after 3 days, you will be kicked out! Everybody clear?!" Baldie yells.

  "YES SIR!" A clear response from everyone. Everyone got their own 3D Maneuvering gear belts and started trying to strap theirs on. Of course this was child's play for me. I used this crap for 8 years. I tied the straps on evenly and noticed I didn't need the wires or blades as per today.

  "Experience with this before?" Baldie aka Instructor Shadis asked.

  "You could say that." I responded hastily before turning away to avoid any further prodding. He seemed to take the hint and left. Next to me was a brown haired boy who seemed to be having trouble with his leather straps.

  "Need help?" I asked. He looked at me gratefully and nodded. I crouched down beside him and began adjusting the straps.

  "First time?" I asked, trying to start a conversation. He nodded.

"I need to get good at this so I can join the Scouts without being the first to die!" He grinned.

  "Yeah definitely, I plan on joining the Scouts too." I mumbled.

  "Really? You're the first one who said that!" His green eyes sparkled with excitement.

"Probably, I mean there is higher risk to that branch then the Garrison and Mps." I continued fitting in the buckles.

  "There." I said. Then I noticed that the metal belts on it was rusty.

  "Hey what's your name?" I asked.

  "Eren Jaegar." He answered promptly.

  "Well Eren your metal gears are rusted you should get them fixed, they effect how well you could balance on wires." I stated.

"Okay thanks! Uh..." He stopped.

  "Chance." I smiled.

"Thanks! Chance." He grinned. Eren Jeager... Didn't Mikasa mention an Eren? Whatever I need to pass this test. I decided. I lined up behind Mikasa who displayed an amazing sense of balance for someone who just started. I clapped in approval. This Mikasa was a natural. Then it was my turn. They suspended me on two wires and stepped back. I laughed. Piece of cake I tell ya. I know I sound arrogant, but how can you not if you did this pretty much your whole life?

  A few woah's and amazing's erupted from the crowd. I noticed Instructor Shadis observing me as they let me down. What could he possibly be thinking of? I wondered to myself as I stood beside Mikasa. To think I was that worried for nothing. This petty "test" was freakishly easy.

I walked away from the field after the test but was stopped by Eren.

  "How did you and Mikasa do that?" He asked curiously.

"It was damned hard!" He yelled, obviously frustrated.

  "Practice." I sighed and continued back to my room. When I turned back I noticed Eren going around for tips and tricks from other people. No offence Eren, but you are the least of my worries for now. I plopped down on my bed when I reached our shared dorm.

  "Hey Chance! I thought you were a snobby know-it-all but your skills aren't half bad!" Ymir called.

  "Sure." I answered groggily, I didn't have the time nor energy to deal with her right now.

  "Cmon Chance, it's time for dinner." Mikasa called.

  "Yeah thanks Mikasa." I stretched and made my way out again.

I sat down next to Mikasa and Eren with Christa on my left side. I grabbed my bread and shoved it down my throat. Earning a pat on the back from Mikasa.

"Geez eat more slowly." Mikasa called. Out of reflex I said;

"Aw shut it Levi." Then I quickly clasped my hands over my mouth.

  "Did you just call me-" I cut off Mikasa with

  "Sorry the bread muffled my voice. It came out wrong." I smiled pathetically as Mikasa only nodded disbelieving but kept all questions in. I groaned and mentally slapped myself while sipping my soup down. I looked around and observed everyone in the room silently. Then I noticed a table of people wearing "The Wings Of Freedom" which immediately got my attention.

  I saw a woman with brown hair and oval glasses excitedly chatting with a blonde man. With closer inspection I realized that the man was Erwin Smith, the guy that my friends tried so hard to kill 3 years ago. He's still alive? What happened to the mission? I need answers. I looked to the right of Smith and my blood ran cold. He was there. His posture. His demeanour. His glare. Levi Ackerman was here. I abruptly stood up and turned to leave.

"Chance! What's up?" Eren tugged at my sleeve.

"I'm tired. See you tomorrow!" I tried to smile and ran back to the dorm. I tried to collect my thoughts to he best of my ability but more questions popped up.

That night was the toughest night ever. What happened to the mission? Did Levi notice me? Where are Isabel and Farlan? I need to know. Sighing I rolled over and tried to sleep. Eventually I fell into a light, restless sleep.

"Hmm tomorrow is me and Levi's birthday... What should I get him? I pondered as I walked through the streets of wall Sheena.

  "He doesn't like anything fancy, but something elegant maybe?" I looked at a particular shop. I went in and saw what seemed like an endless display of knifes. Each one more fancy then the next.

  "I never thought a pretty lady like you would be in a shop like this!" The owner laughed.

  "Hehe yeah I want to buy a gift for a friend." I smiled.

  "Do you have a simple pocket knife with a leather sheath? Maybe one that looks a little rustic?" I asked.

  "As a matter of fact I do!" The owner laughed. He brought out, from his pocket a knife lined with what seemed to be buckskin and a leather sheath.

"That's beautiful!

How much is it?" I pondered. It looked rather expensive.

  "It's a gift." The man smiled.

  "No way let me pay." I insisted.

"It's a gift or else I'm not selling." The man says sternly.

  "Fine." I smiled. I took the knife and put it in the sheath.

  "Merry Christmas young lady!" The kind man winked.

(That night)

I yawned of boredom as I sat on the roof, playing with the knife in my pocket. It was dreary as usual. Looking around the underground, I saw people killing and beating each other, people starving to death and people robbing others. Basically not a good place. I stepped down from the roof  and headed inside, where I saw Levi sitting on the couch reading a newspaper. I had a flashback on how we first met, seeing him like that. I glanced at the clock seeing it was 1:03 am, I sat beside him.

  "What is it?" Levi demanded, not taking his eye off the newspaper he was holding.

"Levi, Happy birthday." I say. That was enough for him to put the newspaper down and look at me.

  "Here, this is my present to you." I smiled and handed him the leather sheath containing the knife. He looked at it in awe.

"How did you get your hands on this? It must be expensive." He asked but took it.

  "That's my secret." I smiled.

  "Thank you, and happy birthday to you too." He mumbled and handed me a box. I stared at him, surprised. But I took it. I carefully opened the box and saw a silver, pearl encrusted necklace that shone under the light

"It's beautiful! Thank you so much Levi!" I swooned over it.

"Can you put it on for me?" I asked. Without saying a word he took it and adjusted it sound my neck.

  "Wow it's gorgeous." I breathed.

  "Glad you liked it." He said simply but I could tell he was happy.

  "OUCH FARLAN REALLY??" A voice yelled. We turned our heads to see Isabel on the floor with Farlan on top of her.

"We're you imbeciles spying on us?" Levi's scaryass voice broke the silence.

"N-noooooo!!!" Isabel ran away leaving Farlan who then ran after her.

"Haha geez!" I laughed.

"OI CHANCE GET UP!" Mikasa's voice woke me up.

"Huh Isabel? Farlan? Le- OH MIKASA HI!" I tried to mask what I said.

"I'm not going to pry but you gotta WAKE UP!" She hollered. I sighed. Those were such happy times, even in the underground. I got dressed and brushed my hair. I made my bed and then tucked my clothes away. Tch thanks Levi for teaching me these OCD habits of yours. I thought and walked out where Mikasa was waiting for me.

  "It's Eren's turn to try out the wire balancing thing." Mikasa informed me.

  "Thanks for the knowledge." I grinned sarcastically. She walked away. I followed out to the court where very one was crowded around Eren.

  "Go Lift!" Instructor Shadis commanded. I noticed the belts were still rusted. Eren seriously? You ignored me? Just as I thought that he lost balance and flipped over. I walked towards Eren, who is currently dangling upside-down with his feet in the air.

"I told you the wires were rusted before Jaeger, incompetency and forgetfulness will get you nowhere but in a titan's stomach, remember that." I seethed. A bit harsh, even from me, but still, if you made this mistake, even not while killing titans but perhaps in the underground, you're dead meat.

"Rusted you say? Wagner give Jaegar your belt." Shadis commanded.

  "Yes sir!" Thomas Wagner gave Eren his belt and he began switching. Hmm not bad. He learned how to fit the belt on rather quickly. He then got suspended. The only difference was he managed to stay up there with only a little bit of quivering.

  "Looks like Ms. Chance was right, the belts are rusted." Shadis said while examining the belt carefully.

  "You must have some serious experience with these if you knew something was up. Where did you come from?" Shadis asked suspiciously. Shoot.

  "Where I come from is none of your business, I am simply a cadet and you are my instructor, it doesn't matter what my origins are as long as I devote my heart to mankind, now if you'd excuse me, I need to use the restroom." I stated, trying to keep my confidence up.

  From that day a lot of people asked where I came from but I couldn't tell even if I wanted to. Levi was now a Corporal. If news went to Erwin he would know that I was the fourth who escaped 3 years ago and that would complicate things. For now, that was information only for myself.

A week passed rather quickly, it was now practical training. We were suppose to cut the nape of a wooden Titan and whoever cuts the most wins I guess. I smiled. Let's see if anyone can beat me at my own game. "Begin!" A whistle blew and everyone shot off. I whizzed through the trees and saw a wooden Titan. Shadis had said that swords were suppose to be held, blades up front, but out of haste I converted back to my old style. The one that Levi taught me.

  I spun my right sword so it's blade was behind me and twisted around, gaining rapid speed, slicing off the nape from right to left like a whirlwind. I landed on a stump of a tree then quickly, without losing my pace, pushed off again.

  My main goal was to keep my acceleration and speed high. Levi had once told me. You aren't very strong, nor do you weigh a lot so you have to use speed to your advantage, if you spin you can accelerate fast and gain force. That way slicing off anything will be a lot easier. Remember that brat. At the end of the practice session I had won.

Chance-25
Jean-17
Ymir-14
Eren-21
Mikasa-23
Connie-12
Sasha-12

I silently cheered but I felt my shoulder get tapped. I looked around and saw a blonde man. My blood ran cold. Erwin Smith.

"U-uh.." Not knowing what to do I saluted deeply.

"No need for saluting. Tell me where did you learn that technique?" He asked.

"Uh from a friend." I answered as vague as I could.

  "Oh a friend? What's his or her name?" He asked. I couldn't say Levi. I just couldn't.

"Uh.. Sorry I um why do you ask?" I say trying to change the topic. I really didn't want this situation to get any more complicated than it already is.

"Because your technique is something I've seen before only on 3 people. I've only seen Corporal Levi and 2 deceased soldiers use it before. Do you know them in any way?" He interrogated.

  "Uh. No! I don't" I stammer nervously. Damn why is my brain not functioning right now. I couldn't even look him in the eye properly without struggling to speak.

"It seems that your level of experience is exceptionally high, did you learn this beforehand somewhere?" He asked. I didn't have the energy to answer him, thoughts were going through my head. Deceased? What did he mean? Were they dead? Confusion hit my head like a bullet and I stumbled into my knees. No matter what I needed to keep strong before I know for sure. I stood up to give a brief explanation or more commonly known as a lie

  "Well I heard of them but-" a cold voice cut me off. It came from behind me.

  "Erwin." The voice said, the voice made my heartbeat a hundred times louder and I turned around quickly and ran away as fast as I could. Behind me I could sense confusion. What kind of coward are you Chance? You literally came here to see him! Why would you run away? I asked myself as tears blurred my vision. That moment I realized something. I was physically prepared for fights, mentally prepared for death or others, but I was not prepared for the death of my friends or to see him. Guilt. Pain. Confusion. All three emotions grasped me and I collapsed against a wall.

Levi's POV
I looked around to see Erwin talking to a short brunette girl. I found her posture rather familiar. I shook it off though and I walked towards them silently the girl suddenly collapsed onto her knees but regained her calm composure and stood back up.

"Well I heard of them but-" I cut her off;

"Erwin." I say sternly. I noticed the girl's posture become even more stiff as she turned towards me rapidly then ran away. Something about her bothered me. Not necessarily in a bad way but more in a déjà vu situation.

  "Who was that?" I asked boredly. "That was Chance, a new Cadet here." Erwin says sternly. Chance? What?

  "Chance? Where did she come from? " I interrogated Erwin. It wouldn't be could it? I told her to stay put. And wait for me. Knowing her character she wouldn't rush and throw my warnings away.

  "I'm not sure she wasn't very specific on her background as told by Instructor Shadis she even said it was none of his business and told him to drop it. But she did display your sword wielding techniques on practical training and demonstrated a great performance, so experience wise she looked like she'd done this all her life . That's why I pulled her over, to ask where she learned those techniques and where she learned how to wield swords whilst moving like that." He answers.

My body felt numb. Chance. My Chance. Was here. And she had no idea what happened to Isabel or Farlan. She must be confused as hell. After all I originally came here to kill Erwin not to become a Corporal.

  After all that we went through, it looks like she still managed to find her way back to me. I was slightly happy, but the biting guild couldn't go away. Had she been well? Or has she suffered underground? Was my choice the correct one? No, I know for a fact that it was. Otherwise... she would've ended up the same way as they did.

  "Oi Erwin, if she joins the Scout Regiment can she join my squad?" I demand.

"Her techniques are near flawless. Why would she pass up the opportunity to become a military police to become one of us? But if she does choose us then why not?" Erwin confirms.

  "Okay Eyebrows." I concluded. I needed to find Chance right now. I needed to tell her exactly what happened. I needed to because I need her in my life. She's all I had left. Isabel and Furlan both left me. I walked towards the direction where she left but as soon as everyone was out of sight I soon broke into a sprint. I found myself in a long corridor where I spotted Chance weeping against a wall. I swallowed my pride right there at that moment and walked towards her.

  "Chance." I stated, my grey eyes boring into her hazel ones.

  "Levi!" She cried and leaped towards me. It didn't exactly catch me off guard, so I merely grunted and caught her.

"God damn woman you are strong." I commented dryly.

"Leviiiiiiii!!" She grabbed onto my cravat and began sobbing even harder.

  "Oh my god you are ruining my cravat!" I stated.

"Sorry." She sniffed.

Chance's POV
I finally saw him again, Levi was standing right in front of me. I let go of him and began asking him well more like bombarding him with questions.

  "Where are Isabel and Farlan?" I asked in a pleading manner.

"They are here right?" I more or less yelled. The next two words Levi said knocked the air out of me.

  "They're dead." Was all he said before collapsing too.

  "How? They were trained as well weren't they? Why would they be dead?" I screamed.

  "It was my fault." Levi looked down and his bangs covered his eyes.

  "No I'm sure it wasn't." I calmed down. I couldn't make him feel bad because of my own disbelief. He probably suffered too much for that.

  "After all, we all make choices with regrets that come after them, but without you, We'd be long gone. There's no way you'd be the cause of their death." I kneeled down while my eyes burned with the urge to cry. He nodded slightly.

"You are really good at hiding your emotions Levi." I pushed his bangs up.

  "But even the strongest people need to let it all out once in a while." I said softly.

"Why are you here?" He asked, voice trembling.

"I'm here for what i wanted to do 4 years ago. Be with you guys. Well be with you I guess." I smiled lopsidedly.

  "You'll die." Levi managed to say in a strangled voice.

  "Maybe I will. But everyone will die one day right? I'd rather be truly happy before I die." I smiled.

"And that includes joining the Scouts being with you." I continued.

  "I can't promise you I'd always be there to protect you." Levi looks up.

  "But I promise if I'm there, you'll be safe." He puts a hand on my shoulder and pulls me up.

  "Let's go." He motions at the dining hall.

  "They are all there." He mutters. I nod and walk after him.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

424 15 1
"So you just found me hot? Is that why you were so tense?" "Fucking yes." He tugged you closer. Lips hovering over the shell of your ear, a shudder w...
202K 4.9K 33
CRINGE STORY! DON'T READ! ❛❛ You're underage. I think we already acknowledged that. ❜❜ ❛❛ Then why did you touch me. ❜❜ In which you meet the man of...
133K 4.6K 45
"Ah, so you're the infamous Levi Ackerman and what do I owe to have your presence ?" --- "Marry me" (Levi Ackerman x reader) [Mafia AU] { 𝙄 𝘿𝙊 �...
5.1K 85 5
It's you and the legendary Lance Corporal Levi Ackerman in many different scenarios. Requests are open!! {ONGOING} -Ranked #817 in LevixReader