My Chance [Levi Ackerman X OC...

By toxictaem

[Completed] "And... You were really good looking." I fiddled my thumbs. "I prefer hot." More

Before we start
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue
7 Years Later
Alternate Ending
Trust

Chapter 1

35.1K 397 802
By toxictaem

UP HERE IS WHAT CHANCE LOOKS LIKE.
I DO NOT OWN ANY ATTACK ON TITAN CHARACTERS.
WARNING THIS BOOK CONTAINS IMMENSE SPOILERS FOR THE "NO REGRETS" SERIES AND THE ORIGINAL "ATTACK ON TITAN"SERIES SO IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS I SUGGEST YOU READ "NO REGRETS" AND "ATTACK ON TITAN" FIRST!!! OTHERWISE ENJOY!

Her POV
I wandered aimlessly down a dark and rocky road, finding myself in a dreary alley. I plopped down on the floor, from exhaustion, dehydration and hunger. This world was truly a horrid, unfair and cruel place. Those who are born to aristocratic families get spoiled into thinking life is as easy as it gets.

  Those who are born into no family at all, like me would know that you would have to hunt or be hunted. Especially if you lived underground. You must be wondering, who am I exactly? Even I don't know by this point. I have no name. Everyone here just calls me "that girl." What age am I? I'm not sure. I'm not sure how many years past since the day my "parents" left me here. My guess is I'm around 15. I looked at my reflection on a muddy puddle beneath my bare feet. I sighed and realized that I looked like a complete monster. My long brown locks were a tangled mess and my so called "clothes" were shredded badly.

At this point all I could do was curl up and cry. But I didn't want to. I didn't want to be cowards like my parents. I stood up, brushing my white rags. I made my way out of the alley where I saw a sea of people parting. I didn't really wonder anything, so I stepped in at the middle of the parting. Suddenly a wave of nausea and faintness washed over me. I clutched my head, tangling my already tangled hair even further. Damn I knew I shouldn't have walked out here knowing my current situation I thought. An icy cold voice disrupted my pain.

"Oi... You are blocking my way." The voice stated.

"I'm sorry I-I'll move." I stuttered, not looking at the voice. I was too focused on my nausea and pain. When I finally looked up, the lights were blinding and made my head pound even more.

"Are you okay?" The voice called calmly. I nodded faintly and shuffled to the side. I felt myself start to drift away from reality. I felt my legs give out underneath me and I almost collapsed. A pair of muscular hands grabbed my shoulders before I could.

  "Hey. What the hell is wrong with you?" The voice demands emotionlessly with a bit of worry laced into his words.

  "I'm f-fine." I said weakly. Voices began to stir and people were looking at me as if I were a singer or idol.

  "What are you all looking at SCRAM!" The person holding me demanded. Everyone cautiously walked away. This person must have a lot of authority to do that, I thought. I completely gave up on trying to stand. I collapsed into the persons chest. By now I knew whoever it was, he was a boy.

"Hey. What's your name?" The person asked. "I don't know." I managed to get out before I completely blacked out.

Levi's POV
"Hey. What's your name?" I asked the girl who, I quote has some serious hygienic issues.

  "I don't know." She answered softly before going limp. Normally I'd shove her off me, I mean what can I say? She's the very definition of filthy. But if I left her here, I'm probably going to find her dead in a hours. Plus she's a girl, which makes the situation even worse. I groaned as I lifted her body up.

  I was surprised at how incredibly light she felt. For a girl her height, she was incredibly thin and lightweight. I sighed. The only thing I could do is bring her back to my house honestly. I sighed and began walking to my house, located up some stairs at the east of the underground.

Her POV
  I felt like I was being placed on something warm and inviting, like a bed. Well I wouldn't know because I've been sleeping on wet pavement for most of my life. But whatever it was, it had a lemony scent to it that brought me back to my senses. I gradually opened my eyes and found myself in what looked to be a house. I frantically looked left and right and my eyes landed on a handsome looking boy with dark raven coloured hair and intimidating silver eyes. He was sitting on a chair holding a white tea cup. He set the cup down on a table and looked at me.

"You're up?" He asked groggily.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for the disturbance." I said curtly as I remembered him to be my saviour.

  "It's rather annoying but since you don't seem utterly corrupted I guess it's fine." He eyed me carefully. This movement made me feel self conscious.

  "U-um what is your name?" I asked carefully.

"First tell me yours" he demanded.

"I don't know." I repeated what I had said earlier.

  "Do you have amnesia or something?" He asked coldly.

"I don't. I used to have one but that name doesn't represent me anymore." I concluded.

  "I'll give you a name for now then." He states.

  "Really?" I asked.

  "Yeah, hmm how about Chance? Since, your technically given a second chance at life?" He asked.

  "That's deep, but... I like it." I mummered.

  "Good. Chance do you have anywhere to go?" He cut to the chase.

  "Uh kinda? I mean I just live on the streets really." I answered truthfully.

  "Can you fight?" He asks again.

  "Um not really." My shoulders sagged.

  "So if I put you back out there, it'd be like sending you to your own death." Levi pinched the bridge his nose lightly.

"U-um, I mean I survived out there for years so..." I tried to insist.

  "Look at you, you look absolutely disguising. You have no idea how to take care of yourself." He snorted. I looked down in defeat. He was right.

  "Tell you what, if you are able to keep this place clean, up to my standards and are able to steal food from the rich then I'll keep you around." He states impassively. I looked up at him.

  "Really?" I asked warily. First the way he uses the word "steal" so casually and the way we had just met and he is allowing me to stay all raises up red flags. He seemed to notice my troubled expression and stood up.

  "I know you want to be strong and not want to rely on anyone else, but the damn truth is you can't, you don't have the capability to live here alone right now, you are weak, hate to break it to you but it's the goddamn truth. Trust me, if I didn't take you here, you'd be as well as dead." He states maliciously but had a nostalgic look on his face. But everything he said had no faults whatsoever.

"I don't have to keep you around, I could simply throw you out where some slimy bastards could find you. But would that be even moral?" He turned at me.

"I'm asking you a question. Brat." He glared.

"N-no, but no one would blame you if you did." I answered pathetically.

  "Correct, however I'd like to preserve my humanity, therefore I'm asking you one more time, do you want to stay with me or not?" He demands emotionlessly.

He gave off this badass vibe but he seemed to only have a cold exterior, so I shook off my worries and nodded thankfully, for this time, I think I'll trust my heart and judgement.

  "Good, but first you seriously need to take a bath, brush out your hair and switch to nicer clothing." He stated bluntly.

  "I do not allow mud, dirt or grime in my house so you better get on with that." He muttered, standing up.

"Will do, but I don't have a brush nor clothing." I say guiltily.

  "Well, here." He said throwing me a comb.

"I'll get you some clothes, do me a favour and use the bath, second door to the left to wash yourself at least." He says.

"W-wait! Can you tell me your name now?" I asked curiously.

"Levi." He states curtly. I nodded and watched him walk out the door. I smiled for the first time in forever. Levi seemed like a ruthless thug but keeping me here displays a more caring side. I think I might have found myself a real home to come back to everyday. I got off the bed and made my way to the bathroom where I saw a shower. I turned on the warm water and started rinsing my hair awkwardly in it. Mud and grasses started going down the drain. I occasionally even saw bugs. I groaned in disgust. I never knew my hair was this filthy.

As soon as it was rinsed I started scrubbing it with soap and rinsed again. Brown water started swirling down the drain. As soon as all the water was clear I backed out of the shower. I took the comb and started brushing out my jungle like hair. I finally managed to untangle all tangles and knots out but they all formed at the bottom of my long hair. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a pair of scissors. I took them and with one swift swipe I cut my hair from down to my knees all the way up to my neck. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and for once my hair looked perfectly smooth and tamed. Well kinda puffy but still, tamed. I scrubbed my face with soap in the sink and looked at the mirror again. I felt like a whole new person. I slipped on my rags and looked around for Levi as I made my way out of the bathroom. At the doorway I saw Levi coming in with a white tank top, a green tank top, red wool jacket and some navy jean shorts .

  "Here, this was all I could find." He handed them to me.

"Oh and there are combat boots downstairs." He finished.

  "Thank you so much, how can I ever repay you?" I asked.

"I don't need your gratitude as much as I need your trust. You must earn mine too." He states.

He stared at me. "You cut your hair?" He asked.

  "Yeah... I mean, short hair is easier to maintain right?" I say.

"Yeah." He said curtly "Now go change."

I nod happily and went into a room to change. I stripped off my white ragged dress and slipped on the green tank top then the white. I gently put the red jacket on and then the shorts. I stepped out to see Levi sitting on a couch reading a newspaper.

"U-um I don't mean to prode but how old are you Levi?" I asked curiously.

  "17." He answered curtly before sipping his tea.

  "How bout you?" He asked staring right into my eyes.

"I'm not sure... But if I had to guess then 15." I answered truthfully.

  "You don't even know your age?" He asked.

"Well to be fair I don't even know what year it is." I muttered. Levi handed me the newspaper.

  "Oh then I am 15! I was born on December 25th." I explained. Levi's eyes widened a fraction but returned to normal before saying "same."

  "Really?" I asked.

"Yes." He replied.

"Your not much of a talker are you?" I more stated then asked.

  "Just go to bed, I know you are exhausted." He states.

  "Alright." I shuffled back into the room I was in and collapsed on the bed falling asleep.

Ever since Levi took me in, I've been learning how to steal, defend myself and use a 3D maneuver gear. It's a machine that straps around your waist with 2 wires that work like grapples. It's helpful when running away, or getting from place to place. It was safe to say that after a couple close calls, me and Levi have gotten a lot closer and developed a bond that wouldn't be broken. I swore to myself from the day he rescued me out of this hellhole, I would repay him somehow, but so far, I wasn't able to do anything. He was right, that first day, when he said I was weak. Because I was. But right now, with all the fighting and blade wielding skills he taught me hopefully in his eyes, I'm not the same weakling he took in a while ago.

(3 years later)

"Ugh. I'm stuck." I mumbled. I had tangled the wires on my 3D maneuvering device and was now dangling on a tall building, well as tall as it gets in the underground.

  " I may have to cut it, what a waste." I spoke to myself.

"OI WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE!" A voice called below me.

  "Levi? Help me!" I called. Just then I realized it wasn't Levi, but a rather tall blonde man with spiky hair.

  "Whoops. Sorry my bad!" I called out. Then I noticed around his waist was a 3D device as well.

  "Oi! How did you get that!" I asked pointing at the device around his waist.

  "Huh this? I got it from a short raven haired guy who just joined!" He yelled back.

"What? Joined what?" I bellowed.

  "You know what? Just get me down from here!" I pleaded.

  "Hehe sure thing!" He zoomed to the top of the building and pulled at the two wires that were tangled up. I landed on the top of the building and began untangling them.

"So who is that guy and what did he join?" I asked curiously while fixing my gaze on the metal wires.

  "Oh I forgot his name all I remember is he's a short stack. I mean still a bit taller than you! But, short yeah." He commented.

"Hey!" I defended.

"Oh and he joined our gang." The blondie explained.

"Don't let me give you the wrong impression I mean you seem nice but aren't gangs suppose to rape girls and murder people!?" I asked bluntly.

  "You know your bluntness reminds me of shortie but naw, our gang is to simply survive underground collecting supplies from the rich in wall Sheena after all they wouldn't need it." The blonde said.

  "Hmm well that's pretty cool actually." I muttered.

  "Farlan by the way." The blonde smiled and put a hand out.

  "Chance." I responded, shaking his hand.

  "You have a weird name, how did your parents think of that?" Farlan laughed.

  "Well I like it and my parents have nothing to do with it or me for that matter." I said shortly, not wanting to go to further depth about it. Soon, the wires were completely undone and I stood up straight.

"Well I gotta go back now, Levi's gotta be worried." I mummered, preparing to blast away.

"Wait yeah Levi's his name!" Furlan says shocked.

  "What? Levi? Joined your gang? Without telling me.." I sighed. Well there was a chance that it was someone else but to be fair within the walls, not many people had Levi as a name and fit the description so perfectly.

  "Ah.. you know him huh?" Farlan gave me a sympathetic smile.

  "Not just "know" he's like a brother to me. Anyways. Come with me, I wanna find out what he hell he's been doing behind my back." I motioned for him to follow me as I took off .

At Home

"Where. Have. You. Been." Levi drawled emotionlessly. Completely ignoring Farlan behind me.

  "Well I messed up my wires and Farlan here helped me out. He told me about you joining a gang? Care to explain?" I crossed my arms.

  "None of your business you're not my mother." Levi scorned.

"Hey!" I elbowed him lightly.

  "At least you could've told me!" I muttered. He placed a hand on my head and ruffled my hair.

"Honestly I had no choice, I had to make a living here, even if it's illegal. We'd be starving would we not?" Levi says in a point of view that makes everything he's ever done seen exceptionally reasonable.

"Yeah I guess." I nodded. I really couldn't say anything more than that, after all, if living a life of crime was enough to keep living. I had no complaints.

And that's how we met Farlan Church.

(1 year later)

A large bang hit our door making me jump at the sudden noise. I nodded at Farlan and Levi and grabbed a pocket knife. As did Levi. Furlan and Levi crouched on either side of the door. I stood directly in front crouching holding out the gleaming knife. I nodded, sending a signal to Levi and he slammed the door open. What was unexpected was a girl with amber hair that stumbled in.

"Quick! Close the door! Please!" The girl mumbled. Farlan slammed it shut.

  "Phew! That was close! Thanks a lot!" The girl tried to stand up but fell again.

  "Woah are you okay?" I put away the knife and helped her up.

  "Fine but this guy's not." She opened her hands and in them sat a little white bird with a brownish patch on his head.

  "Aww it's so cuuuuute!" I swooned.

  "Isn't it? It's wing is broken though and I don't have any medical skills." The girl shook her head.

  "I do." Farlan says taking the bird from her.

"By the way you were suffocating it." He smirked.

  "WHAT?" The girl stumbled in shock.

"What's your name?" I asked.

  "Isabel Magnolia! Nice to meet 'cha!" She pointed to herself.

  "My name's Chance! Same nice to meet you." I greeted.

  "I know! Weird name right!" Farlan called from the kitchen.

"Shut it Farlan! I for one like it!" I hollered back.

  "I like it too!" Isabel grinned.

  "Thanks!" I smiled. Then a large bang startled me again as the door started shaking.

"Ugh not again. Were anyone chasing you?" Levi demanded.

  "Yeah I was trying to go up the 11th stairway to the outside to set this bird free.

"The outside! Are you kidding me right now?" I gasped. Levi's eyes opened wider for a bit but went back to their original size.

  "Well we better get rid of them." He mumbled drawing his knife. He opened the door and we were met by a fat lug.

  "Hey I found her!" He called to two others. They came rushing.

  "Are you guys friends?" He called from below us.

  "Not at all." Levi stated quietly.

"Then hand her over to us. You'll be sorry if you cover for her." The second guy demanded.

"After all, she tried to get past the 11th stairway without paying! You guys should know this, the 11th stairway is under the jurisdiction of one of the nobles, Lobov-san, everyone who tries to cross without paying is prosecuted!" The third guy hollered. I looked at Isabel. She had an expression on her face that read "there's no hope in beating these guys." I slightly smiled and bent down.

"There's no way that Levi can't beat these fat lugs, believe me, you'll be safe." I reassured. She looked at me and smiled a bit.

"Thank you." She mummered and hugged me. I patted her back.

"Of course you guys will be charged too for being her accomplice!" The guy interrupted.

"If you guys get it, hurry up and hand her over!" The second guy demands.

  "I don't care anymore. Move away from her!" The first guy says. He begins to walk up the stairs. He makes it up and walks though the doorway putting a hand on Levi's shoulder. Uh oh I mentally thought. Slash! A clean cut. The man clutches his arm in pain. The slash was soon followed up by a beating. Levi then proceeded to grab the guys collar and stare right into his eyes.

"Don't touch me with your filthy hand, I'll get dirty." He growled and shoved the guy down the stairs. The other two were waiting and one smart one said;

  "Let's go these guys are dangerous." And left in a hurry, not wanting to risk their lives for a girl who tried to escape but failed.

"Are you okay?" I asked Isabel.

  "Fine." She answered. Then she looked at Levi.

"Thanks for covering for me." She said gratefully.

  "Leave." Levi says coldly.

  "Levi! You can't! People are after her!" I stood up.

  "What do you want me to do? Take her in?" He asked, exasperated. I smirked.

"Exactly."

From that day on we were an official group. Levi Ackerman, me, Farlan Church, and the newest addition, Isabel Magnolia. We made a lot of memories together, from birthdays to fights and glory, however who knew all that could be taken away from us in a mere blink of an eye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 1.2K 29
your lips tastes sweeter with the scent of death. LEVI ACKERMAN x FEM!OCREADER [s1âĨŽs3] ONGOING. ÂĐ goddfall 2021
530K 20.9K 123
[COMPLETED] "(Y/N), after everything we've been through, I have become certain of one thing. I love you. Having to stay away from you for so long onl...
150K 2.4K 21
My name is Levi Ackerman and I'm the elite of the elite. I have the best killing abilities you motherfuckers will ever gonna see. I killed so many ti...
908K 16.3K 200
A book I'll post on every now and then about you and the Lance Corporal of the Scouting Legion! I can do smuts/ lemons, I can only do fem readers...