Devil Within [SUICIDE SQUAD]...

By sinfuldarling

"WHAT WE DO FOR OURSELVES DIES WITH US. WHAT WE DO FOR OTHERS AND THE WORLD, REMAINS AND IS IMMORTAL." worst... More

[DETAILS]
[EPIGRAPH]
[SOUNDTRACK]
[PROLOGUE]
AUTHORS NOTE
PROFILE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
[CHAPTER EIGHT]
[CHAPTER NINE]

CHAPTER THREE

6.2K 318 231
By sinfuldarling

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE COMMENTS!

             TARA STARED IN DISBELIEF AT Amanda who stood above her with the key to her shackles. It was a surprise to be apart of a task force but to be free of her constrictions? That was something else.

        "Why are you doing this?" She asked Waller as the cold shackles were pulled off of her tiny wrists. Amanda dropped the heavy shackles to the floor of the room, letting the clank echo loudly.

         "Because I trust you, Tara." Amanda told her. In all honesty, she kind of did trust Tara– more than the others of Task Force X. "I know you'll do good here. You want to fit in, with this you can– you can help the world in ways you never thought you can."

        "Okay," Tara breathed out as she stood up out of the clunky metal chair. "I have some conditions  though."

          "Shoot," Amanda stared the young woman down. "You are here not by force, Tara. You know that."

         "I'm not sure if I want to be here anymore." Tara began, staring at the ground in concentration. "If I join, I get to learn of my powers which is what I want. But what else? I want to find my family– my real one and see what I am. Before I start a family of my own."

          "Understandable, we'll go through these conditions afterwards." Amanda smiled at her, gesturing towards Rick Flagg, the lieutenant in the room. "Would you want to meet your team members?"

        "Now?"

_____________

          "Stay hidden, I don't want her to know you're here." Amanda instructed Tara and she nodded, using her abilities to blend in with the shadows. Amanda Weller stood still as she watched the young girl fade into the shadows, holding her breath for some violent action against her— it never came.

           Amanda struggled to keep her composure, stepping out from the doorway and onto the platform above Harley Quinn's confinement.

         "Are you the Devil?" The woman called out, watching Amanda walked slowly. It was as if Amanda was a predator and the poor blonde was the prey.

          "Maybe," Amanda told her. Tara stood in the shadows, watching, she knew who this was: Harley Quinn. The Queen next to the King, the Joker. She was dangerous and not what Tara liked. Tara did not loud blondes with a tendency to make jokes.

         "This way," Amanda guided Tara passed Harley into a room that led to the outside. It had been a few minutes after Amanda had finished speaking with Harley before she continued onto the next member. "This is El Diablo or Chato, he has the gift of fire."

          "His name is the Devil?" Tara asked in disbelief. She wasn't religious anymore but that was strange to see someone call themselves the devil.

         "That's what he called himself after the incident."

         "What incident?" 

         "You'll find out, eventually." Amanda told Tara airily. Tara frowned, realising that despite being "trustworthy", Amanda was very secretive. 

         Stepping into the daylight made Tara blink fast, making sure tears didn't show from the sudden change of lighting. Surrounding a cell were guards and one in particular, Griggs. Beside him was Rick Flag, who had left Amanda and Tara to check in on the crocodile man, whom Tara was weary of meeting. Letting Amanda talk, Tara drowned out what was happening around her to quickly think of what the hell she was doing.

         She wanted to get ahold of her powers so she wouldn't hurt anyone, that's what.

        Tara blinked, coming back to reality as the word 'bye' blazed in the air before burning out slowly. Tara stepped towards the man slowly, she could relate to him. She didn't know what had just conspired but knew that the man did not want to help out in any way with Task Force X.

       Tara turned to see the guards with Amanda, walking away.

        "I'm like you," Tara began, looking into the window that led into his cell. Tara immediately was drawn to his tattoos, liking the mysterious look it brought to him. The young man sat in his cell, staring at the woman before him, his eyes looking sunken with lack of sleep. "I was, and still am afraid of my abilities—"

       "You think I'm afraid?" Chato interrupted her with a dry laugh. "No, I resent myself for what I've done."

__________________

        "Are you okay," Amanda asked Tara. Tara had quickly exited the courtyard.

      "Y-Yeah," Tara mumbled, obviously disturbed at what Chato Santana had said. She knew that she herself resented herself just as well. She was afraid of her powers and hated herself for blowing up a whole hospital.

       "Next is Deadshot also known as Floyd Lawton."

        The empty hallway that came from one courtyard led to another. Tara took in her surroundings and the many guards holding guns beside a man in shackles.

         Tara found herself beside Amanda and Rick Flagg, watching as Floyd Lawton looked her up and down.

        "Hey gorgeous," the man sent a wink at her. "What are you doing in a place like this?"

       "She's killed people," Amanda told Floyd and Tara looked down in shame. "Something the two of you have in common."

         "Alright, unlock him." Rick ordered Griggs.

          "What?" Griggs asked in disbelief, wondering why they wanted a criminal out of his constraints.

          "You heard me."

         "You know what this man can do?"

        "I'm here to find out, lose the restraints." Rick Flagg was getting of tired of being questioned and wanted to get out of this hell hole as soon as possible.

          A moment of silence followed as Griggs gulped worriedly. He nodded at a soldier beside him, allowing him to uncuff the man.

          "Okay," the guard announced.

    "What is this?" Floyd began. "Cheerleading tryouts?" His gaze moved from Rick to the girl beside him with a smirk in place. "And is this your cheerleader captain?" He sent a wink towards Tara, who looked away from the attractive criminal with a blush.

       Rick stepped in front of Tara, blocking Floyd's view of her. "Let's go. Let's see what you can do. They say you never miss a shot. Prove it."

          Floyd chuckled at the embarrassed young woman before he looked back at the guards, wary of what to do. There were guns in front of him, was this a test if he'd kill anyone? He picked up a glock, raising it in defense, before loading it.

        "Now we got one in the chamber. What you gonna do with it?" He stared directly at Amanda before his eyes fleeted over to Tara, who was sneaking a look from behind Flagg's large frame.

        "SHIT!" Griggs yelled out as Floyd suddenly pointed the gun at him. Tara blinked and used her abilities to apperate away from Amanda Waller and between Griggs and Floyd. 

        Griggs yelled again as Tara appeared in front of him, blocking Floyd's shot. A look of surprise came over his features before settling on a smirk, again. Yet he didn't drop the gun. 

        "Give me the word, boss. I'll drop him." A guard yelled out, gun pointed at Floyd.

       "Everybody calm down," Rick ordered loudly at the tense guards with guns. "Griggs tell your men to stand down.

         "Tell them to 'put it down.'" Floyd whispered mockingly, his eyes set on Griggs who cowered behind Tara. Floyd was impressed with the young women in front of him who didn't even bat an eye at the weapon set on her. 

         "Colonel, for the record, this is exactly what I was concerned about." Griggs screamed in fear.

          "What's for dinner?" Floyd asked and Tara blinked in confusion.

        "Ames, if this man shoots me... I want you to kill him. .. and I want you to go clear my browser history." Griggs grunted, pushing against Tara so she stumbled closer where the gun pressed against her forehead. 

     "See, the firing pin is filed down, right? Mag full of dummy rounds." Floyd theorised out loud, as if they gave him a real gun. "If I pull the trigger, nothing happens."

      Tara froze as Amanda Waller walked slowly to Floyd before looking at him, a look of indifference on her face.

       "You're absolutely right." Amanda whispered in his ear and Tara held her breath as the cool metal of the gun pressed up against her forehead. "Why would we give a loaded weapon to an infamous hitman?" Floyd looked back at Amanda. "Go ahead, pull the trigger. Empty it."

         "Don't empty nothing. You don't even know this lady." Griggs paused as he hid behind Tara. The idiot knew that if Floyd shot Tara, the bullet would still go through her and into Griggs. "I've known you, like, nine months. Remember when I brought you that cookie? That was a real cookie."

         Floyd raised the gun to the sky, firing it. Tara let her eyes close in relief before reopening them to see Floyd holding the gun as if it was a delicate baby.

        "What?!" Floyd asked loudly before sniffing the smell of gunpowder. "Y'all jokers must be crazy!" Floyd turned to Tara, "sorry bout that, beautiful."

         Tara could breath again but she let her eyes cautiously watch Amanda Waller. She couldn't be trusted. 

         Tara stood in shock as Floyd Lawton emptied gun after gun, dropping one gun to move onto a bigger machine gun, cocking it and firing towards the targets. Tara knew that each shot hit dead center.

        "Alright, now you know what you're buying." Floyd announced, dropping his last gun to the table. It was dead silent in the courtyard, everyone hung in disbelief at the cooling metal that was before them. Holes, in each head of each target.  "I'll tell you the price. First, I want out of here. Second, I want full custody of my daughter. Alright? Her mom can have like–"

        "Supervised visits." Rick interrupted, knowing where Floyd was going.

        "But her boyfriend can't come. Darnell can't come.

        "Darnell's out." Rick affirmed, his voice monotonous. 

         "He's out." Floyd repeated. "Third, y'all gonna pay for my daughter's whole education. Best schools. And then I want her to go to college. Like Harvard. Or Yale."

        "So Ivy League," Rick told him.

        "Ivy League, yeah." "One of them big joints, you know?" "And uh, if she can't cut it. . . and her grades start to slip. . . I need you to white-people that thing. You know how y'all do."

        "Oh yeah," Rick agreed and Tara came to a realisation that Floyd probably wouldn't get jack shit, he was a criminal.

          Tara snorted at Floyd's comment and gasped as he appears in front of her suddenly. She held her breath as his tall frame stood in front of her small stature of 5 foot 4. From up close, Tara could see how his facial hair frame his face perfectly, drawing her attention to his lips. . .   "And finally, I want a date with beautiful, here."

         Griggs chuckled, "you want a date with that alien?" 

        Suddenly, Tara was annoyed. She had kept her mouth shut all this damn time yet she was finished with Griggs. Her mind focused on Griggs, ignoring the warm body of Floyd in front of her, letting her eyes turn purple. She projected an image of Griggs, humiliated in front of everyone. A scream escaped the real Griggs as his worst nightmare came to life. 

        "Shut her down!" Tara heard someone say and she suddenly could see as Floyd's arms shook her from her thoughts. 

        "Bitch!" Griggs screamed and Tara smirked as Griggs clutched his heart as he laid gasping on the ground. "You can't do that, you'll pay for that!"

        "Shut up Griggs," Amanda ordered, letting the issue at hand go." 

         However, Tara was more preoccupied at the hand that was currently wrapped around her bicep still, leaving her gravitating towards the warm person in front of her. Floyd looked down at her with a smirk, noting how her features had soften from their hard glare. But, he pulled away from the beauty, turning towards Rick Flagg.

           "Now that's my price, but I'm concerned because I don't see nobody writing shit down." Tara moved backwards at the unexpected movement and how the guards immediately began to cuff Floyd.

         "You're in no position to be making any demands." Rick told Floyd, a satisfied look on his face.

          "Oh. I'm sorry." Floyd smirked at Rick, "you thought I was talking to you. No errand boy, I'm talking to your boss." His eyes moved from the army man in front of him towards the women dressed to impress.

          "That's my price, sweetie." Floyd told her as he was recuffed, letting his gaze land on Tara, again. "You know what it is." He blew a kiss to Tara and she froze, a blush on her face.

         Lord help her.

___________________

this chapter obviously shows who I've determined Tara to be shipped with. hope y'all aren't disappointed ! (sorry for the wait but aye it's 2,000 words !)

I PUBLISHED A NEW SUICIDE SQUAD FIC.

GO CHECK IT OUT, I MIGHT DO CAPTAIN BOOMERANG !!!!!

SUICIDE SQUAD FICS THAT ARE BOMBASS:

THE RECKONING (RICK FLAG) — @solased 

RUINS (RICK FLAG) — @starkwalker

DAY & NIGHT — @sinisterdixon

RED FLAG (RICK FLAG) — @scxrletwxtch 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76K 8.1K 54
☆ y me pueden decir diez mil cosa' de ti pero yo pongo mi alma en el fuego por ti nadie sabe, lo que yo haría no saben que ni con cien mencione' van...
159K 22.1K 21
Viajar al Amazonas a pesar de su disgusto le abrió los ojos para darse cuenta que al final... Todavía no era verdaderamente libre. . . . No. 1 en #t...
45.8K 6.8K 16
Max Verstappen es el dueño del mundo, es el jefe de una de las mafias más poderosas, lo controla todo, es rey, el amo y señor, tiene a todos a sus pi...
1.4M 134K 41
¡Está historia ya no está disponible para su adaptación!. →Dónde Jungkook es el padrastro de Jimin y descubre que Jimin tiene OnlyFans← - Quiero que...