Crossfire[Completed](Wattys20...

Από BailyNorton

When the love of Anna's life, the campus Prince- Blake Rendell dates her sister, Anna decided it's about time... Περισσότερα

WARNING
Excerp
Chapter1
Chapter2
Chapter3
Chapter4
Chapter5
Chapter6
Chapter7
Chapter8
Chapter9
Chapter10
Chapter11
Chapter12
Chapter13
Chapter14
Chapter15
Chapter16
Chapter17
Chapter19
Chapter20
Chapter 21
Chapter22

Chapter18

6.8K 446 62
Από BailyNorton

Anna exhaled when she reached the table near the window in the library.

As she looked at the guy sitting at one of the tables, her left leg took a step back at the sight. She blinked repeatedly wondering if her eyes are playing tricks on her.

Hunter!

What was he doing here. Of all the places, the library was the last place she expected him to be. And there were books opened in front of him.

As if feeling her gaze, his eyes found her before he arched one brow.

Realising she wasn't imaging things, she approached him and sat beside him.

"What are you doing here?" she can't help but ask.

Hunter points to the books in front of him making her nod slowly.

He seemed to be lost in his thoughts for a moment before he drawled "Don't tell me you were involved with the guy we all heard screaming for his life earlier"

She glared at him, wanting to scold him for automatically assuming she was involved but nothing came out because he was right.

So she pursed her lips instead while he chuckled knowing he was right.

10minutes ago...

Anna arrived earlier than expected that day for an afternoon class, she didn't really have anywhere to go. It was cold so sitting outside was not an option. In the end, she headed to the library.

She looked through the shelves for books to read. Well, she really isn't going to read but since Blake love books, she needs to prepare herself to meet him at all times. It would be a total bonus if he sees her with books.

So, making up her mind, she grabbed the first book she touched as it didn't really matter what kind of book it was. Just as she turned to her side, she saw a familiar figure disappearing from her view.

Damn. It really is Blake!

She remembered that Ella had morning class so maybe Blake did too. So, he was free now.

Forgetting all about pretending to read, she shoved the book back into the shelf and peeked in the space between books to watch him on the other side.

She remembered some movie she watched, the guy pulled out a book from the shelf and at the same time the heroine was standing on the opposite aisle, trying to reach for the same book so their eyes clashed.

She rolled her eyes that time thinking that those things happen only in movies but now, she's going to make it happen.

She bends low to keep her eyes level with the spaces between the books for the plan. She followed him while her eyes trained on his arms, waiting for him to pick a book, any book.

As she kept walking sideways, she chants that he would reach for one or else the romantic scene will not happen.

She stilled then stopped too when he did. His arms slowly reach out, everything feels like slow motion then.

She held her breath and she adjusted her head to the shelf where his fingers landed.

She quickly ruffled her hair to give a sexy messy look and put on a huge smile.

Blake pulled the book down but the only sound she heard was the guy screaming when he saw her! His body reeled back.

Her smile dropped when she sees that the guy -who she seemed to scared the wits out of- was not Blake.

She huffed in disappointment. At the same time, her cheeks heated up when she took in the fact that she had scared the guy!

Damn, she was trying to be romantic for goodness sake!

'Maybe it's the bushy hair and creepy smile'

But it was supposed to be sexy.

She quickly walked away from the scene knowing the librarian will be there any second. She didn't even apologize because the guy -who acted as if he had seen a ghost- had disappeared.

I doubt he'll ever walk alone in the library again.

PRESENT...

"It's just some stupid guy that doesn't watch romantic movies" Anna scowled.

"Afternoon class?"

"Yeah. How about you"

"Already finished"

Before Anna could reply, two chairs were pulled opposite to them and two guys sat. It Seemed like they know Hunter or else no guy in the right mind would do it.

When the guys see her, their eyes linger on her longer than necessary.

Anna wasn't flattered by it at all as she knew what those guys would want from girls like her.

Just as she was about to make some colourful remarks, she felt Hunters arms draped over the back of her chair making her blink in confusion.

Immediately, the guys' eyes snap to Hunter before they widen and stop looking at her.

"Huh. That's weird" Anna muttered. Must be some kind of male communication.

At least it stopped the guys who were now having a conversation, asking Hunter's opinion from time to time. She learned their names- Jace and Simon. Anna was bored as she didn't have anything else to do and she had no idea what the guys were talking about.

She debated whether she should ask them to shut up or attempt to join it.

She chose the latter as they were Hunter's friends or acquaintances.

"-you watched the Mike Tyson fight I sent you?" Simon asks.

"Yeah, he's a fu*king beast"

"He fought?" Anna said, trying to join, "That's terrible!"

The guys glance at each other with confusion,

"Why did he fight?" she asks them.

"Because that's what he does" Jace tells her with 'duh' tone.

"Wait. Isn't Mike Tyson a rapper?" Anna asked.

The guys stilled as they look at her as if she was crazy before they glance at each other from the corner of their eyes then they cover their mouths to laugh. They were snorting trying to control themselves.

Anna frowned at them. Then, she saw the looks they give her. It wasn't the first time she receive that.

She came to realise one thing Mike Ty wasn't a rapper. And the guys were probably thinking what a dumb blonde she was.

"I didn't know because I'm not interested on the topic of whatever you guys were talking about okay!"

She pursed her lips in annoyance as their bodies wered still shaking.

Hunter suddenly slammed loud enough on the desk making the guys' smiles disappear.

When Anna looked at Hunter, he was glaring at the guys. He looked dangerous but still Anna's heart softens at the gesture.

But, she knew that Hunter can't always defend her, this was her fight.

"Did you guys watch Milan Fashion Week! There's one Valentino dress that I just can't keep my mind away from" she sighed dramatically.

The guys look at her while frowning.

"Wait, you don't know what I'm talking about?"

They shook their head.

"Oh my gosh! Seriously!? It's one of world's top 10 fashion shows!"

They shook their head again and they looked bored too. Anna remembered that they both wear denim jeans.

"Don't tell me you guys don't even know who invented Denim jeans" she said with a chuckle.

When the guys look so frustrated, she mimicked what they did earlier trying to muffled her laughter dramatically.

Of course she gave them the 'You're so dumb' look which wasn't so hard to copy after years of receiving it.

Now, they looked uncomfortable as well as embarrassed.

"Those things don't fu*king interest us!" Jace says defensively.

Ah-hah! Just what she wants to hear.

She raised her brow, both men seems to realised what she was doing so Jace left without another word while Simon sends her an apologetic look before he joins Jace.

"Sorry about your friends" she said calmly.

"They deserved it" Hunter shrugged.

A movement caught her eyes, Hunter's hand, which was lifting a coffee cup she hadn't noticed before.

Her eyes refuse to leave the damn delicious looking drink.

She heard Hunter chuckled, "You want?"

She nodded before she took it from his hand and let the warm drink run down her throat.

She moaned without thinking.

His knuckles, that was gently running over the skin of her nape intimately, stilled, that's when she started to become aware of him. Anna didn't even notice he was doing that the whole time until now!

"Good?" his husky voice murmured so close to her ear. She swallowed as her heart rate shot up.

His free hand takes her chin and turns her head to him so that she could see just how close he was.

His eyes trained on her lips. She was speechless and her throat felt dry as she saw so much heat in his eyes. She had never seen him this way.

Then, his thumb gently stroked over her lower lip.

Her jaw went slack letting out a soft gasp when he brought his thumb to his mouth and licked it!

F*ck. F*ck. F*ck.

That was the only word that she could think of.

She felt tingles all over her body! And it's not even like he was kissing her or touching her anywhere else.

He had always been playful and intense but never this intense.

"You're right. It's fu*king good" his mouth quirked up to a smile. She had no doubt he knows how much he's affecting her.

He makes everything he does look like he knows exactly what he's doing!

What else can he do with that mouth of his?

No!

She stood up abruptly. She can't have those thoughts.

"I ah I- gotta go. Class" she said shortly before she rushes out of there.

Damn Hunter!

Now 'gaga' will be replaying that single thing the whole night.

X------------------------------------------------------X

An- I know it's shorter than other chaps but I hope AnnaxHunter scene makes up for that^^

Hope you guys enjoy.

Vote, comment and share!!

Edited by : Hello83433

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

2.1M 53.7K 51
As a result of the tragic death of her father; Heaven Foster's life has mouldered into a exasperating cycle of moving from one home to another. Con...
75.8K 3.4K 57
Tessa's love life is full of clichés. She fell for the boy next door, her brother's best friend, and her childhood crush. They all just happen to be...
232 2 22
You're a college student working hard and living alone, until you happen to adopt a strange stray golden retriever into your apartment. The next thin...
82.1K 1.2K 5
(Publishing 4/2. Leaving Wattpad 3/7) EXCERPT ONLY Being in love with your best friend is complicated. Being in love with him after your parents get...