Adventures

By notcoolmoz

In which a girl striken with anxiety embarks on an adventure like no other when she finally gets to meet her... More

Football (no) Skills Pt.1
Football (no) Skills Pt.2
Football (no) Skills Pt.3
Pranks and Panic Attacks
FOOD
Wanting Answers
The Day Before Pt.1
The Day Before Pt.2
The Ride There
First Day in Vegas
This Town
Last Day In Vegas
Going Home
Hospital Visit
Freyyx
Netflix and Chill
Two peas in a pod
What are we?
Bump in the Road
aDRESSing the issue
Wedding Day
Carry on updating?

Old Relationships

3.5K 59 27
By notcoolmoz

"Vik. Are you there?" Indy asked over the phone as it seemed to be the only form of rare communication that occurred between the two siblings these days.

"Obviously, Indy. Now what do you want?" He asked, clearly seeming to be busy with something else, which only aggravated Indy a little further. They rarely got to speak as it was anyways.

"Mum, Dad and the rest of the fam are going on this long ass cruise and I don't want to go," She started.

"Yeah and what do you want me to do about it?" He interrupted, before she even had the oppurtunity to finish what she had to ask.

"Which means that I would need to stay at yours for the time being. I promise I won't get in the way and you won't even realise that I'm there in the house. But for the sake of putting dad's mind at rest please say that I can stay," At this point Indy was just desperate and aware that she may be pushing her luck however she really didn't want to be going on this cruise.

"Right," There was a short pause as if he was thinking about it. "I''ll ask the guys and see what I can do. No promises though."

"I'm okay with that," Indy replied knowing that she could put her mind to rest as well as her parents. "Call me when you're done though because they leave in like a week."

"Will do. Bye now," He said putting the phone down before she could even bid farewell.

That's what it was these days, Vik being 'too busy recording' or 'editing and uploading' that the once inseparable pair was now more seperated than ever. Indy always put the reason down to him being busy but she understood that it was a lot of hard work, and that they were no longer children and things wouldn't be going back to how they were anytime soon.

Impatiently, Indy waited for the phone call all the time but only to find her heart pressing deeper and deeper to see that it wasn't Vik. It wasn't that Vik forgot to ask the rest of the guys about it, in fact they were more than delighted to have a different face in the house, he just forgot to ring back but YouTube always came first in his ocean of priorities. So clearly the prime time to ring back was the night before.

"When do you need picking up?" Vik asked over the phone as usual.

"Well considering that they leave at 4am and it's 11 O'Clock right now, a ride soon would be great," Indy attempted to restrain showing her impatience with the lack of organisation from her brother but failing miserably.

"Tonight! Awh no, I've still got like 2 more videos to record yet," Vik said as Indy's heart dropped to her stomach upon the realisation.

"Oh right...Well then maybe you can pick me up tomorrow? I'll just have to lock up the house," She replied trying to find solutions even though she knew her parents wouldn't allow this.

But so did Vik," No. I think JJ is free, let me just go and ask him."

She could feel the hope raising her heart from her stomach even though she knew she shouldn't. For Indy, any form of hope always seemed to end in disappointment and nothing else. Maybe not this time though, as she could faintly hear Vik talking to JJ before coming back onto the phone, "Yeah he's going to bring the Lambo, so be ready for about half 12 maybe."

"Thanks Vikram," She replied inwardly sighing a huge relief.

"It's all good," He said cutting the phone before she even had the oppurtunity to say 'See you soon' but cutting the phone early was one of Vik's worst habits.

Luckily for Indy, she seemed to have been gifted the organised gene whereas her brother, not so much. Her main suitcase and duffel bag was packed and ready to go, but still had a couple of last minute items she needed to put away like her laptop and chargers into her trusted backpack. Mostly, she spent her time waiting to be picked up by JJ with her family before they went off on holiday. The Singhs were family-orientated people and so family always came first. It was no surprise that her two younger siblings were too excited to even get any sleep and her parents still worried even though she was going onto 18 years old.

Sooner rather than later JJ arrived at the doorstep, rather excited to be meeting Vik's younger sibling even though he hasn't seen her since 2013, and didn't have much to go on apart from twitter, her most used social media. Being the gentleman that he is, JJ carried her suitcase and duffel bag and arranged them in his car boot whilst Indy got into the car. She was excited to be getting into such a fancy car but tried not to show it. Small talk was the bane of Indy's life but she went along with JJ's irregardless due to her politeness.

"Are you excited?" He asked, eyes still watching the road as he entered the motorway.

"About what?" Indy questioned, she had stopped paying attention a long time ago as her mind had already begun to wander into the potentional situations she'd have to come across in the house.

"Living in the Sidemen House," JJ continued.

"Obviously. Why else would I be coming over? " She replied staring out of the window as she sat comfortably watching the lamp posts fade by in the glimmer of the moonlight as music hummed lightly from the speakers.

"How's college?" JJ asked, the normality of Indy's life coming as a fresh change to his contrasting lifestyle, he found it to bring him down to earth a little bit.

"It's going, there's not much too it now. Just waiting on results day," She said, the reply was almost as if it had been an automated response due to the amount of times she'd found herself saying the same thing, the only difference being the people whom she said it too. "I love your EP, by the way."

"Awhh thanks," JJ replied happy knowing that his music was appreciated even though he had an inclining feeling that had told him Indy would like it anyway due to her music taste.

"Vik gave me a copy but I was going to buy it anyway," Indy stated.

"Yeah I told Vik to send one over, I was hoping you would like it," JJ shifted the gears. "Anyway it feels like it's been so long since I last saw you."

"Yup. 2013 it last was," She said reminiscing the day when she finally got to meet them all as they officially became the Sidemen.

"So that makes it like what, 3 years ago now?" He stated but it rather came out as a question as he found himself surprised by how long it had actually been.

"JJ you don't need to act so surprised, you wished me a happy birthday on my 17th," She replied.

"Yeah but that was through a screen, I haven't seen you in real life," He said making a valid point.

After that JJ and Indy conversed for the whole ride home, mostly focused on Indy as JJ wanted to catch up on everything. Usually, Indy hated any situation where she felt that she had the need to speak about herself because she didn't want to come across as narcissistic or self-absorbed but settled on making this one time an exception.

The lamborghini was surprisingly comfortable causing her to find sleep tingling at her eye lids. They had arrived at 2.30am and were in the house by 2.35am.

JJ placed the duffel bag on top of the suitcase and his keys onto the kitchen island before yelling, "Honey, I'm home!"

He got a few replies back as this was prime time for the Sidemen in their unnatural sleeping patterns, and a slight flinch from Indy as she wasn't expecting it. Kindly, JJ showed her around the house but not going into the bedrooms of Josh, Vik and Simon incase they were filming. He led her to the guest room on the highest floor and placed her things so that they were leaning against the wall before asking her if she was hungry.

"Well I ate before I came but if you want some company I'd be more than happy to join you," Indy replied politely taking in what would be her room for the next few weeks.

"That's fine. Just join me downstairs when you're done, I think I'm going to make some pasta," He informed before smiling and heading back down towards the kitchen.

Indy closed the door behind him but could still make out Simon yelling for JJ to make him some too. Quickly, Indy took out her toiletries bag and got changed into a large t-shirt and shorts as they would suffice for her pyjamas before grabbing her charger and putting her phone into charge. Surprisingly enough, it didn't take long for her to unpack as she had already packed everything correspondingly and it was just a case of taking them out of the bag as they were and into the wardrobe. Once happy with the arrangements, Indy travelled downstairs and strolled into the kitchen greeted by JJ and Simon.

"Hey Indy," Simon said looking away from JJ and out of their conversation.

For Indy, her 2 favourites from the Sidemen was Vik, for obvious reasons, and Josh but she did watch Simon regularly and almost stopped in her tracks when she realised that the camera did not do his eyes justice. It was the only type of ocean she wouldn't mind drowning in. But that was quickly lived as he dived back into his conversation with JJ after she said a simple 'Hey.'

"Well if Simon's here then I think I'm just going to go head to bed because I'm so tired," Indy informed JJ.

"You shouldn't have bothered coming down," JJ laughed a little.

"Ahh well, I was wondering which bathroom I use," She asked oblivious as to how the house was run.

"Oh you can just put your stuff in mine and just use it?" Simon piped in with a smile on the end.

"Thank you," She returned the smiled and turned around yawning a barely audible "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," The two boys chorused together.

It wasn't unusal to find the boys awake at this time as this is what they did but Indy didn't and she knew this so if she wanted to speak to her brother she would be needing a change.

Change. Something she wasn't a fan of.

°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○

Hi. Hello. What's up?

I hope you enjoyed that. And if you're wondering then yes the whole book is going to be in 3rd person because I don't usually write in it and figured it would be a nice refreshing change, and I hope that you do too.

Anyway, have a good day/night and I'll see you in Chapter 2.....

:) xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 476 23
In a world where superheroes exist, there is a group called the Sidemen. They are always there to save the day whilst fighting criminals of London. B...
53.5K 2.2K 23
simon gets a job at the castle and discovers a boy who's never stepped foot outside it. pastel/prince!harry & servant!simon
118K 2.9K 71
I compressed My feelings For you To hide What I Was truly Feeling In that Moment Not really much to say really just a series of Sidemen Gifs A...
68K 2K 39
An infamous gang that rob, murder - you name it, they've done it. The gang called 'The Sidemen' are on the loose, stay inside. [ inspired by spicysdm...