My Sire Is A Myth

By Lady_Escapist

My head snapped to the side as he slapped me forcefully on the cheek. I kept my head down not allowing him to... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Bonus chapter

Chapter 20

19K 874 51
By Lady_Escapist

Thank you so much for reading it means the world to me:-** Love ya'll!
Though apparently I've lost readers...should I continue?

Avery's POV

I glanced around to take in the interior of the jeep, it looked expensive and heavy at the same time.

A third guy sat behind the wheel and the other two sat beside me each a hand on me ready for any of my objections.

My eyes were wide  and I didn't dare to move.
   It was getting hard to breath, my lungs sucked in rapid short breaths, my hands became moist behind my back and sweat ran down my back.

  The bite on my neck throbbed fiercely.

The guard on my right squeezed my leg and mumbled,

"What's your problem?"

I wailed quietly fighting burning tears in my eyes.

I stared forward through the windshield;
Foreign scenery passed before me  in a blur.
  The jeep seemed to be extremely equipped with technology that let very little sound in from the outside but the blurring trees confirmed that we were traveling with immense speed.

I began to worry that the driver would lose control but then I remembered that he must be a vampire.

"Where are we going?", my voice squeaked.

"The king", the guard to my left muttered.

I shuddered slightly thinking of the king. He was a creature that scared the hell out of me.  

Though I thought that there was no hell left inside me and then again hell was raging inside of me. 

Suddenly the guy to my left bent over  the seat and grabbed something from behind; It was a blindfold and he didn't hesitate to put it over my eyes.

I grunted in irritation and wiggled my head but to no avail.    

The guy on my right moved his hand closer up my thigh squeezing slightly.

"Why the blindfold?", I asked disgruntled.
The guards hand slipped further up my thigh and I froze, but that didn't stop him, it crept up further and further.

"Stop", I hissed between clenched teeth, anger burning in my throat.

He chuckled and gave my tigh another squeeze before his hand slipped down to my knee again.

Suddenly I realized I was at these guys mercy and I felt scared at once.

Trying to regulate my breathing I wanted to show them I wasn't scared. But I wasn't sure how badly I was failing.

"Sit back little girl,  the trip is long you will get sleepy", a voice said lowly to my left.

'Never will I sleep in your presence'

I kept quiet and stared into the darkness.
"My name is Jace", the guy to my right said.

'No, it's pervert'

"Mines Joel", the left guy said.  

I was confused as to why they would tell me their names but I didn't mind.             

"We are twins", Jace said.

I gulped "Twins?"

Jace chuckled "Yes"

"Vampires? "

"Yes", Jace chuckled again.

"But how?" I was utterly confused.

"What do you think?  Vampires can't have children? " Joel asked.

I had no idea why these men would talk with me but I wasn't complaining.

"I...I don't know", I stuttered.

"Oh they can." I heard the grin in Joel's answer.  

"That's uh nice", I stammered awkwardly.

The guys chuckled quietly.     

They seemed so different from the guards that had dragged me out of the dungeon, but they were the same men.

Suddenly I felt my eyes grow heavy behind the lingering darkness. My mind slipped into oblivion without me noticing it.

  *******

I woke up with a start rising up from something soft yet hard. I noticed my blindfold had been taken off but my hands were still cuffed together and starting to cramp.
I glanced down to where my head had been and my eyes made contact with the muscular leg of Jace.

"I though you wouldn't sleep ," he murmured quietly.

I was to shocked to say anything so I kept quiet. I couldn't understand these guys, it went beyond my capacity.  They seemed sweet now but I didn't know for how long they would keep it up and I knew they could be rough, they had been at Sir Castors house.

We had been driving for a while now, plus the time I had been sleeping and I didn't know how long that was. I kept wondering at what destination they were taking me or how far it was. 

I looked outside again and was curious as to how such speed was possible.

"How is it that were going so fast?", I asked hoarsely.

"Not used to speed are you?", Jace asked.

"Not this kind."

"Well vampires don't just drink human blood they're pretty smart and invent things too", he answered with a slight grin.

I was surprised, novels described vampires always as dark and sinister creatures I could hardly imagine them greasy working under a vehicle.

"But of course we're not as messy as you humans are." he answered my question.

"Of course not", I answered sarcastically, thinking of an blood covered, pale and fanged creature.

'Just like King Lathan'

Joel placed his hand on my cheek and turned my face to look at him but before I had time to really look at him he placed the blindfold over my eyes again. 

'I hate you'  I thought to the piece of black fabric.

After another while of driving I felt the jeep slow down and stop eventually.

No words were said as the door opened and I was hoisted out. Noticeably they weren't as rough as before and I was thankful for that.

But nonetheless I was dragged around.

Up stairs, down stairs, along narrow halls. Wherever they were bringing me it kept getting colder and the scent muskier. 

'Another dungeon

Metal clanged, door hinges crunched, chains rustled and then I was shoved forward. I stumbled a few steps and fell down but only to be lifted up.

They untied my hands and brought them in front, lifted them up and shackled them again; my shoulder sockets were screaming in protest and I grunted in pain. 

Another chain whistled and then I felt my body stretch upward.

'NO not this position again.' 

Once I was on my tiptoes I felt my feet being tied together, cutting of my balance so the chains on my hands tugged harder.

I groaned loudly but kept my mouth shut. The familiar sound of metal bars clicking in place filled my ears and silence engulfed me.

I tried to tear of the blindfold on my upward stretched arms but had no such luck.

**************

Minutes passed. Hours passed. My body was numb and cold. After immense pain in my shoulder it too had passed to a dull aching numbness. At times I was unconscious and sometimes not. I preferred much more when I was but when I was my feet gave up and I was literally dangling of the ceiling. And that hurt my shoulders way worse.

After what seemed like a forever I was half aware that someone was in my cell room. I heard voices and couldn't make out what was being said until I heard his dominant voice again.

"Wake her up."

Another voice answered but it was to faint for me to hear.

"I said wake her up now", the voice was loud and powerful. Nobody needed to wake me up, my eyes snapped open in fear.

My eyes adjusted to the dim light and all I was was him.

King Lathan.

His ebony eyes focused on me and turned into slits. I stared back and tried not to wince as he stepped closer and stopped inches from me.

His gaze never faltered and neither did mine; I sensed that he wanted me to give up my stare but I was too stubborn to do that. 

His hand reached upward and his fingers wrapped around the chain, it crumbled to dust beneath his grip and I fell towards his chest, my legs giving in. But I was pulled backwards and landed sitting on my knees. 

My shoulder ached horribly and I forced the tight knot of a sob that had formed in my throat to subside. 

Suddenly a large pointy nail appeared in front of me and its tip was set under my chin lifting it up until my gaze was set upon King Lathan once again.

"Be sure little human, we will enter your head. Nobody on this planet has the audacity to go against my rules." ,he spoke lowly and his voice seemed to be coated in smoothness.

"I didn't go against your rule." I spoke braver words than I felt.

The Kings scowl deepened further "You were the reason for someone to break a rule."

"Not my fault," I mumbled.

I heard it before I felt it, the  zoom of a whip. It landed painfully on the thin fabric of my shirt and I cried out in pain, arching my back. 

I had noticed before that I felt better due to Sir Castors blood but now after dangling for hours from the ceiling I was so weak again.

"Do  you like being punished?", King Lathans whisper was close to my ear.

"No," I mumbled all my bravery gone.

My eyes moved up to meet his and we stared at each other for a long time.

"So that is the subject?", I jumped at the intense female voice that spoke in front of me.

My eyes darted up to see a hooded silhouette standing in the cell door way.

The king's eyes never left mine "Yes she is."

"She looks harmless." the female spoke again.

"She is harmful.", was the king's answer. "her mind, her state of being and her existence.

"You are saying Rayne couldn't enter her mind?"

"Yes, Rayne and Castor both failed." his voice was gruff.

I hated the way they spoke about me as if I wasn't there.

"Tell me everything you know about her." the female stepped closer but her face stayed hidden under a large black hooded cloak.

King Lathan stepped away from me and went through the doorway, "Not in here," he nodded towards the female and directed the guards that were in the same room, "Leave her bound."

Everyone walked out of the cell and the last guard locked the bars. Jace and Joel were nowhere to be seen and I was glad that they hadnt taken part in this.

I was left on my knees with my wrists bound together in King Lathan's miserable dungeon. 

Nonchalantly I stared through the iron bars, and felt nothing less than utter heartache.

TO BE CONTINUED..............

**********

Why is her heart aching?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 8.6K 9
WARNING‼️This book contains abstruse topics such as Dark Love, Abuse, Violence etc if you are not comfortable with the above please feel free to swip...
1.1M 37.9K 88
Saving Leah Series Book 7 "So what do you admire most about women?" I ask the man as he sips on his coffee. He smirks as he sets his cup down, actin...
8.5M 200K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
38.8M 2M 172
Highest Rankings: #1 Vampire #1 Paranormal #1 Fantasy #1 Supernatural #1 Action #1 Dragon #5 Romance #5 Wattpad's AD App 100 MOST READ LIST! Her body...