The Smallest - Wroetostar123

By 122a221

The two youngest and smallest Sidemen, Harry and Vikk, may not have much going for them but they certainly ho... More

Chp.1 - Oh, So, Okay
Chp. 2 - T
Chp. 3 - look at me Josh I'm a spider...
Chp. 4 - Re-using that
Chp.5 - Why all these set in the Morning?
Chp. 6 - Nyan Simon
Chp.7 - Hobbit
Chp. 8- Inadvertent Waitresses Callux
NOT A CHAPTER (sorry just a tag)
.
um

Chp.(er) 10 - Zany Zerka (Renewal?)

710 25 14
By 122a221

Due to more comments than I have ever recived (a few from people I recognise from the bygon)..

Shall we take another stab at this?

--
--

Note
because of the time gap after all that buildup were going to gloss over Ikea, sorry

Also maybe take a peek at what's written at the end in my note

If you will be so kind

--
--
-- btw so sorry for shit ending
--

In all fairness to Josh it doesn't take quite 5 hours to travel to the Nottingham Ikea for him, especially if its not rush hour but the late woes of the morning. In all fairness he knew he didn't take the longer scenic route because he didn't like driving on the motorways in the dark. In all fairness he wasn't travelling to Ikea to get furniture he could find (cheaper and better) online. He did this because he was taking it upon himself to give Vikk a nice day off.

This was also the reason he was going to spend an entire day with Harry and just one other person.

Josh liked little doses of "hyper" Harry, little doses. But.. This was for Vikk.

Once the had left behind the bustling attention say city streets, Josh took little opportunities to see the two in his backseats messing about with cameras trying to film vlogs in the dim light, sharing snacks they brought for one another, talk and laugh with a happiness they only brought each other.

At one point he almost missed a turning but thankfully they didn't notice.

There was never really a moment on that journey the two ever really got tired, Josh heard Harry say it was because of their schedules being wack. In his mind this fact kept switching between being a good thing and a bad one. Yes it was amusing and it settled a part of him to have Vikk happy but other times it grew him weary.
However when they stoped outside an early morning bakery it was helpfull in how those two happily volunteered to go and let him have some peace.
At least until he was brought back an Almond cookie and a doughnut dusted in flour (because why would you want icing sugar instead anyway)

He reckoned the two probably did about 7 vlog intros between them, when they first got in the car they couldn't work out what to say and when the light came up they decided to re record them and encountered the same problem.

The two were so absorbed in whatever (Josh had given up trying to keep up as they had slowly started to make less and less sense) that they didn't react to Josh pulling into Ikea, driving around and around to try find a good parking space, parking, turning the engine off, sitting there for a bit, opening his door numerous times as he payed for a parking ticket. No Josh had to clap his hands in front of them.

Once the trio had left the car out came the go pros. After a bit of;
"Josh hold the camera while I try to pick Vikk up"
"Harry come look at this when this was 5 meters backtracking"
"Vikk look at me when "me" was stood in the wrong direction for the door"
Some messing around with the pencil slot
An absence of a dick joke Josh was sure Harry was going to make (about the paper rulers and how they're still too short)
"Can we get <blank>"
And a manner of other Harry and Vikk things they finally got into Ikea and past the lobby and car park.

As they wandered around Josh spent his time moving his thoughts from the task on hand (because he did need a new shelf and he wanted a kitchen chair that was his) to each of his sidemen.

While it was something that was joked about Josh did have a sort of parental oversight when it came to everyone's happiness, he was the first one to click when something had gone wrong for someone and was good at understanding what to do to make each enjoy themselves for a time.

That's why he was here today and he knew it really, this was small little Vikks day, going out on an adventure with his companion. It wasn't that Josh felt Vikk had been particularly sad.. No. That he could be happier, and adventures and time with Harry away from a group did that.

He wondered a little bit about why it was that Harry and Vikk affected each other uniquely, each sideman inevitably had different flows, but these two, he couldn't put his finger on just why they got on so well.

He wonder this particularly the number of times Harry managed to get stuck in strange, random places. (while the duo found it hilarious Harry got stuck climing into a bin, Josh would beg to differ).

There were points the two ran off like children, exploring, showing off finds to the other. Go pros in tow only a few times he noticed, which was good. While being together in a vlog is good, they got more out of each other without the camera and public implications.

There were points where they quietend and calmed to Josh's surprise. When they were choosing Harry an alarm clock they seemed to move their heads close, talked gently and shuffle along the range besides each other. (probably closer and more intimate that they knew Josh suspected)

It was also a tad like Josh was third wheeling, they talked to him a lot while they picked his chair and shelf, a few other times for opinions on things. He didn't mind however, like when they went to the in store restaurant and it was almost entirely packed with only tables for two left open, Josh volunteered to eat alone.

It's to be said he was joined by a woman with a colourful personality in her mid 60s did come and join him. Telling him a lot about how she used to train pigeons as homeing birds. And relentlessly fuck the mail man behind their carry crates at least once a month (Josh didn't ask why he needed to know that)

Even though he was the "escort" on this day, Josh still found himself surprised as the hours melted away with seeming haste. However trying to stop Harry from accidentally maiming Vikk in the flat pack warehouse bit was a chore.

One of Josh's highlights of the day was when their expedition realised one of their flat pack pieces needed to be almost the length of his car and watch with Vikk as Harry attempted to fold down the front passenger seat and the one behind it to "prove he could do it himself".

Once everything was purchased in the car and secure Josh realised Harry and Vikk had agreed on which one of them would sit in the middle seat (because the planks rendered the other seat useless) gotten in the car and ended up splitting two cookies (different flavours, both getting half of each type that way) without any word. Theyd just agreed and sorted themselves out.

Going back was a much less eventful experience, Josh drove quicker down a more direct route, Harry and Vikk were tired and mostly sat in comfortable silence (and a few moments of light slumber) but Josh still found it nice.

The only real "event" came when Harry got a text from the Cals, saying theyd gone out and wouldn't be back when Harry did. This wouldn't have affected anything if Harry had brought his house keys.

After a time Josh forgot and after too many texts and an idea from someone (Josh couldn't remeber, maybe Tobi) it was decided that Harry would just stay at the Sidemen house for the night and borrow clothes.

He'd done it plenty of times and him and Vikk weren't hugely different sizes so them swapping garments from time to time wasn't absurd but when this was decided on Josh felt weird vibes from the two in the passenger seat. For a while after they seemed to suddenly become ever so slightly less comfortable with their proximity, Vikk (who was in the middle) shuffled closer to the planks and Harry leant back into the door.

It seemed to have dissipated by the time he was Simon stood in their front door raising an eyebrow after the duo had rushed past him, naturally leaving all the unpacking.

However Vikk handed Josh a bowl of cereal as he walked into the kitchen so Josh forgave the two. "It was Vikks day let's not end it with heavy lifting" he ended up saying to a still confused looking Simon, who promptly looked more confused.

--
--

Yo shit ending much? Lel it's 3am help me

Also I Said about note at the end but I cba atm so I'll either edit it in later or put it next chapter (i'll say next chapter if it's edited)

And fuck Ye no editing sush. You asked for this k?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 4K 37
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
989K 24.9K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...
648K 23.6K 98
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
345K 12.2K 54
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...