DEATH BATTLE

By NathanTheManTheMHFan

Two will enter. Only one will leave alive. Iconic characters from movies, games, TV, books, and lore will be... More

DEATH BATTLE
Episode 1: Cloud Strife vs Mikasa Ackerman
Episode 2: The Lich King vs Nightmare
Episode 3: Charizard vs Rathalos
Episode 4: Guts vs Batman
Episode 5: Blake Belladonna vs Deathstroke
Episode 6: General Esdeath vs Exdeath
Episode 7: Darth Vader vs Ganondorf
Episode 8: Deviljho vs Indominus Rex
Episode 9: Dante vs Raiden
Episode 10: Regret vs Sora
Episode 11: The Doctor vs Sakuya Izayoi
Episode 12: Vergil vs Sephiroth (Season 1 Finale)
Episode 13: Crash Bandicoot vs Spyro the Dragon (Season 2 Premiere)
Episode 15: Captain James Hook vs Captain Jack Sparrow
Episode 16: Ragna the Bloodedge vs Kamui Tokinomiya
Episode 17: Mai Shiranui vs Tifa Lockhart
Episode 18: Sam Fisher vs Ezio Auditore
Episode 19: Dante vs Raiden: REMASTERED!
Season 1 Death Battle Trivia
Episode 20: Goliath vs Eren Yeager
Episode 21: Brachydios vs Yang Xiao Long
Episode 22: Queen Elsa vs Jack Frost
Episode 23: Tris Prior vs Katniss Everdeen
Special DBX Chapter
Episode 24: Jotaro Kujo vs Yu Narukami (Season 2 Finale)
Season 2 Battle Royale: Losers Edition
Season 2 Battle Royale: Winners Edition
Season 2 Death Battle Trivia
Episode 25: Edge Master vs Shirou Emiya (Season 3 Premiere)
Episode 26: General Esdeath vs Jin Kisaragi
Episode 27: Red vs Yuna
Episode 28: The Nostalgia Critic vs The Angry Video Game Nerd
Alright
Match Replacement
Announcement
Final Battle Trailer
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - Pre-Battle Analysis
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 1 of 2
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 2 of 2

Episode 14: Alex Russo vs Terra Branford

728 6 2
By NathanTheManTheMHFan

Wizards of Waverly Place vs Final Fantasy! Two girl mages that rose to the top will face off. Who will outspell the other?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Boomstick: Magic. One of the most decent solutions, besides the boomstick, when physical combat fails...and these two lovely ladies are masters in it!

Wiz: Alex Russo, the young witch of Waverly Place.

Boomstick: And Terra Branford, Final Fantasy's deadliest mage!

Wiz: I'm Wizard and he's Boomstick, and it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ALEX RUSSO

Wiz: New York, the city of a million stories. It is home to various wonders and mysteries, one of them being a sandwich shop called the Waverly Place Subway Station.

Boomstick: And it doubles as a house for the intriguing Russo family, which ALSO doubles as a super secret wizard lair...school...thing for the three Russo kids.

Wiz: The three children of the Russo family are actually wizards, who have vast control over magic. And none of them have gained more attention, screentime, and story than the middle child, the only female among the three...

Boomstick: ...Selena Gomez!

Wiz: Actually...Boomstick...her name's Alex Russo.

Boomstick: Nah, it's Selena.

Wiz: Come on, Boomstick! Are we seriously starting this argument again?

Boomstick: Wiz, come on! Anyone can recognize her face.

Wiz: All right! It was SELENA who played ALEX!

Boomstick: ...So she's still Selena Gomez.

Wiz: ...

Boomstick: ...

Wiz: ...

*bleeeeeeeeeeeeep*

Wiz: *ahem* Alexandra Margherita Russo is the middle child of the Russo family, exposed to wizardry by her father at a young age and taught in the ways of magic. However, out of the three of them, Alex is the most...adventurous.

Boomstick: Unlike Justin who's responsible and mature with his magic and Max who's...Max, Alex is kind of a rebel and finds it hard to follow the rules. But hey, who wouldn't want to be one if you've got badass magic powers?

Wiz: Due to the growing power of the siblings, they fought in a tournament which would allow the winner to keep his powers...don't worry, no one died; and being the responsible one, Justin won.

Boomstick: But since she's more main than Justin and Max, Alex became the Family Wizard and Justin instead became the headmaster of WizTech, so he kept his powers anyways. Meanwhile, Maxy obtained the best prize of all: a Deli.

*laugh track*

Boomstick: ...What the heck?

Wiz: Being the Russo Family Wizard, Alex wields...the Russo Family Wand. Made of titanum, this is much more powerful than standard wands, and can cast spells that other wizards cannot usually use. This wand is also extremely efficient in combat, able to shoot bursts of fire and electricity.

Boomstick: This thing can also grant any wish its wielder might have. Man, I gotta get me one of those. I think I need an indestructible monster truck with machine guns on the side and rocket launchers on the roof and shotguns on the hood!

Wiz: Come on! Did you really think that thing would stay indestructible when you get it? Remember what happened to--

Boomstick: Wiz, stay on topic! Alex is good at magic.

Wiz: ...Okay? Alex is extremely skilled at magic, though it may not seem neat enough due to her creative and reckless playstyle. Among the numerous spells in her arsenal, Alex can clone herself using the spell Edgebonoutoosis.

Boomstick: Alex can also use a spell called...This that copycat. ...What the hell?

Wiz: Using this spell, Alex can force someone with weak mental discipline to copy all of her actions. Alex can also walk through walls using the spell Atravesandus, though its incantation is...Gothrough Mowthrough.

Boomstick: Aside from spells with stupid pun and rhyme schemes, Alex can stop time using the spell Gialsjay Timesday so long as she holds up one leg.

Wiz: Which can put her at a tactical disadvantage, since she runs the risk of getting a charley horse, leaving her wide open when she puts her foot down.

Boomstick: But hey, at least it lasts way longer than Makahadoma! Or was it Mahapadma?

Exdeath is shown vaporizing Esdeath by throwing her into a portal to the Void.

Wiz: Alex can also reverse time with the spell McReary TimeReary. While this only reverses a few seconds, it buys Alex enough time to correct her mistakes. However, her opponent will become aware of her reversion of time when she uses it consecutively.

Boomstick: One spell that Alex has under her belt that doesn't have to be pronounced like some stupid limerick is Tomunan Kinesis. With it she can manipulate any object in the battlefield like a goddamned Jedi! Minus the lightsaber and cutting Darth Maul in half thing.

Wiz: Alex is also known for her ability to create and improvise spells on the fly, perfect for when she runs out of attack options. In addition, she has a natural affinity for spells based around the four elements, and with the Russo Family Wand, her magical powers are boosted, and she can create alternate realities.

Boomstick: Alex Russo is no joke, although many of the things she does make laugh tracks play out of nowhere. She became the Russo Family Wizard, defeated Gorog, solved many problems in her many misadventures, trounced her evil self, and can move entire stars!

Wiz: While her magic arsenal is diverse, Alex is no slouch in the physical combat department, and is very decent in hand-to-hand combat. She's also very flexible, able to swing on the bars of the Billboard.

Boomstick: But being the rebellious girl that she is, Alex has got some major flaws. She's often immature and reckless with her actions and magic, and doesn't like thinking things through much. Her magic also has zero effect on plastic. Man, can you imagine this girl going up against a life-size Emmet or Lego Batman?

Wiz: Also, Alex isn't much effective in combat when she loses her wand. Not only does she have limited knowledge and experience in direct confrontation, her magic is much weaker without her wand. Plus, her smart-alecky attitude often gets her into trouble with her brothers and basically anyone she comes across.

Boomstick: But hey! If this chick has really cool magic powers and a badass wand and title, why wouldn't she get a little cocky? I mean, she's Selena f*cking Gomez!

*laugh track*

Boomstick: What in the actual hell?

****

ALEX:

Age: 18

Height:

Weight:

Weapons and Powers

• Russo Family Wand - Amplifies magical powers, grants any wish of its wielder, and allows for shooting bursts of flame and electricity

• Manipulation of Time

- Gialsjay Timesday

- McReary TimeReary

• Intangibility

- Atravesandus (incantation is Gothrough Mowthrough)

• Spells based around the four elements

• Mind manipulation

- "This that, copycat"

• Cloning

- Edgebonoutoosis

• Telekinesis

- Tomunan Kinesis

• Spell improvisation

• Decent hand-to-hand combatant

Feats:

• Defeated her evil self

• Defeated Gorog

• Solved many different problems throughout her misadventures

• Became the Russo Family Wizard

Weaknesses:

• Magic has no effect on plastic

• Magic powers severely diminished without wand

• Careless and impulsive

• Very smart-alecky

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

TERRA BRANFORD

Wiz: In a world distant from our own, a world of balance and ruin, magic is all but forgotten, and even so, it's just labeled as a legend. However, an evil superpower had discovered the existence of this entity, and sought to use it to conquer the world unopposed. It was called the Gestahlian Empire.

Boomstick: Like the Star Wars Empire, this evil dictatorship's goal was to conquer the world by creating an unstoppable army of Magitek Soldiers, which are...basically soldiers that can do magic and ride on robots all day.

Wiz: The Empire infuses its soldiers with the powers of espers, magical beings that reside in a different plane of existence and, well...do magic. Due to the forcible extraction of the espers' essences, the Empire had come close to creating an unmatched army. Close to conquering the world, the Empire found a mysterious girl near the gate to the esper world...

Boomstick: ...and the Emperor killed her mother and took her away just because she had potential supercool magical powers. Wow. Talk about evil!

Wiz: This child was actually born from the union of a human mother and an esper father, and would soon be the human race's only link to the esper world. This girl would become key to the salvation of the world, and her name is Terra Branford.

Boomstick: Buuut since the first eighteen years of her life involved running around and burning or freezing or zapping enemies of the Empire, Terra was...kind of aligned to evil. And then some frozen esper guy killed her two guards and set her free. She then lost her memories!

Wiz: Rescued by the treasure hunter Locke, Terra's resolve changed and strengthened: she vowed to help put down the Empire by joining an underground resistance group called the Returners. ...Why does that sound familiar?

Boomstick: And it turns out she...kinda made the right decision, because of her, you know, magic powers. She knows Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder, and their stronger forms. She can even force someone to the ground with Gravity and its stronger forms, become invisible with Vanish, slow down her perception of time with Quick, and even teleport with...Teleport!

Wiz: Being a half-human, half-esper, Terra has knowledge of the stronger spells in Final Fantasy. She can cause the ground to crack up with Quake, unleash a fiery death with Meltdown, vaporize her foe with Flare, sear her opponent with Holy, summon a deadly twister with Tornado, drench and drown her foe with Flood, and unleash meteors with...Meteor.

Boomstick: But when things get tough, Terra busts out her ultimate spell: the explosion of doom known as Ultima!

Terra casts Ultima on a Cactuar, vaporizing the creature.

Boomstick: Ha! F*ck you, cactus!

Wiz: Being the most powerful spell at Terra's disposal, Ultima deals intense damage, with the potential to just straight-up kill the enemy, and ignores the enemy's defense, and can deal the same amount of damage to many foes at once.

Boomstick: But when she decides, "F*ck magic!" Terra wields the sweet-ass sword known as the Apocalypse. Because what's a better way to murder your opponent than with a sword named after the end of the world?

Wiz: As is the case for almost every party member in the series, Terra wears the omnipresent Ribbon, which grants immunity to all status effects. And while she does not have many spells in her disposal, she can cast the spells she has almost indefinitely with the legendary Celestriad relic. This relic reduces the MP cost for ALL magic spells--yes, even Ultima--to 1.

Boomstick: But after discovering her esper heritage, Terra gained access to her Trance form, where she's...whoa, what the hell? She's naked! ...But she doesn't have nipples.

Wiz: ...With her Trance form, Terra gains an immense boost in magic strength, and the damage dealt to her by magic attacks is halved.

Boomstick: And when Terra receives serious punishment in this form, she busts out her Desperation Attack: the Riot Blade, where she sends out energy waves that can cut through almost anything, regardless of defense!

Wiz: Very rarely, Terra can use Riot Blade in base form, but in her Trance form, it is her most powerful attack, but can only be used once before she reverts to her normal form.

Boomstick: With her heritage and awesome magic potential, Terra's accomplished some pretty awesome stuff. She's slain the legendary Ultima Weapon; defended Mobliz from the monster Humbaba; defeated Kefka Palazzo, who was the god of magic at that time; and in one instance, in her Trance form, she flew so fast she circled the world in just a few seconds!

Wiz: However, many of these feats were accomplished due to outside help, though Terra is more than capable of fighting on her own. Plus, a very powerful attack can knock Terra out of her Trance form.

Boomstick: And since she was a slave to one of the most evil empires ever, her mind's not really that strong. Buuut I guess she worked around that.

Wiz: But her esper heritage and gift of magic has made Terra Branford from a mere force to be reckoned with to one of the deadliest mages in video game history.

Terra: I won't be defeated!

Terra lets loose Riot Blade, and with it knocks Firion out of the fight.

Firion: Don't let it...end...!

Terra lands victorious on the ground, one hand above her chest.

Terra: I'm sorry, are you hurt?

****

TERRA:

Age: 18

Height:

Weight:

Weapons and Powers:

• Many of the spells in FFVI

- Firaga

- Thundaga

- Blizzaga

- Gravija

- Teleport

- Vanish

- Holy

- Meteor

- Tornado

- Flood

- Meltdown

- Quake

- Flare

- Ultima

• Apocalypse - Terra's most powerful exclusive sword

• Ribbon - defends against all status effects

• Celestriad - greatly decreases MP cost, allowing for near-indefinite use of magic

• Trance form - greatly increases magical strength and defense, and grants flight

- Riot Blade

Feats:

• Took down Kefka, the God of Magic

• Defended Mobliz from Humbaba

• Slew Ultima Weapon, Kaiser Dragon, and Omega Weapon

• Defeated the legendary swordsman, Gilgamesh

• Restored balance to the World of Ruin

• Flew so fast she circled the world in a few seconds

Weaknesses:

• Powerful attacks can knock her out of Trance mode

• Had help in many of her feats, despite her capability to fight alone

• Mental discipline is not that strong

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wiz: All right, the combatants are set. Let's end this debate once and for all! We have Alex Russo, the Russo Family Wizard, and Terra Branford, the girl with the gift of magic.

Boomstick: It's time for a MAGIC DEATH BATTLE!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

BATTLE

(Setting: Desert of Maranda, Midnight)

"Geez, if they're gonna assign me to hunt here, they should've at least given me backup."

The black skeletal dragon collapsed on the desert floor with a thud, its bones scattering and its skull's eye sockets becoming empty once more. The young witch blew smoke off her metal wand, and sighed. "Didn't know being Family Wizard was hard. Hunting monsters, maintaining secrecy..."

Alex Russo sighed, hoping not to encounter any more monsters. After all, she had been assigned here by WizTech to find the source of a sudden disturbance in the balance of the wizard world, and if possible, neutralize it. It had cause a great imbalance in magic, and if allowed to continue existing, it would rip the universe apart, human and wizard worlds alike. She did not have time to slow down, to let a single encounter with a monster bother her. Alex groaned in absolute annoyance when a giant wormlike creature suddenly emerged from the sand, and she gripped her wand, magical energy coursing around it.

"Blizzaga!"

A giant chunk of ice suddenly brushed past Alex and smashed into the slagworm, ripping the creature apart. Alex closed her eyes so as not to see the gore flying at her, but none of the worm's parts ever reached her. Alex turned to see the source of the ice chunk, and her eyes widened as she saw a girl in a red dress and with green locks, a mist around her outstretched right arm. The young witch's eyes widened. Was that...magic?

The girl lowered her arm, her soft, green eyes locking with Alex's. The Russo Family Wizard narrowed her eyes. Magical power was literally pulsating from the girl. Of course, there could be other wizards in this strange world, but right now, Alex was looking at a powerful one. The source's power was way off the charts.

Is she the threat that WizTech was talking about? thought Alex. Either way, I have to make sure.

Alex drew her wand and pointed it at the emerald-haired girl, Terra Branford, as she declared, "Wizard with, uh...immense magical power! As the Russo Family Wizard, I, um...shall perform a...a wizard's arrest on you! You threaten the very balance of magic! So...yeah."

"What are you talking about?" demanded Terra. "Threaten it how?"

"I'm sorry, but you're gonna have to come with me," said Alex.

"No! I don't have much time!" said Terra.

"Look, we're just gonna take you in for some questioning about this and--"

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Terra said.

Alex stroked her chin as if in thought, and she said out of curiosity, "You know, you tried to kill me with that giant block of ice earlier. Or didn't you?"

"I-I'm sorry!" croaked Terra. "Please, let me continue on!"

"The fate of the wizard world depends on this," said Alex, "so stop trying to talk your way out of this!"

"You don't understand! The fate of this world is at stake, too! There's someone who--"

"Enough talk," interjected Alex. With that, she launched a ball of fire, and Terra had only a millisecond to counter it with Firaga. Alex launched another, this time exploding beneath Terra's feet. Terra cried out as she was thrown into the air, and as she gracefully landed on the desert floor, she assumed a ready stance as Alex pointed her wand out in front of her.

"Forgive me," declared Terra, "but if I have to fight you to continue my mission, then so be it!"

FIGHT!

Alex waved her wand and shot out bursts of flame, Terra waving her hand and countering them with Blizzaga. Some of the spells struck the ground or whizzed past the mages, but others collided in small explosions. When Alex reared her wand and unleashed a larger ball of electricity, Terra backpedaled, countering the projectile with a Firaga ball, the missiles exploding in a large cloud of smoke and a haze of sparks and fire. Alex squinted through the smoke, letting loose a burst of electricity in an attempt to catch her foe at her blind side. When the smoke cleared, it was revealed that Alex had missed Terra entirely, a small circle of glass on the sand where the lightning ball struck. Suddenly she was blown back when a ball of Thundaga struck her dead center in the abdomen, sending the witch flying. Alex grunted as she crashed on the sand and skidded, electricity coursing through her body. The witch growled as she got up to her feet, and when she caught sight of Terra, she fired off a burst of flame, the esper running to the side and launching a volley of Firaga spells. Alex waved her wand in erratic swoops to block the incoming projectiles, and countered by conjuring a ring of flame around Terra that slowly closed around her. "Gotcha now!"

Alex charged a vast amount of energy and let it loose, Terra exclaiming "Teleport!" just in time and fleeing the ring of fire, which dispersed the moment the large energy blast flew straight through it. Alex growled in frustration as she saw that she had missed her mark, and cried out as an explosion tossed her high into the air. Terra had cast Firaga out of nowhere, and now the mage raised her arms, uttering, "Darkness of gravity!"

Alex gasped as a dark, translucent sphere formed around her and suddenly yanked her to the ground, crying out as the Gravija spell smashed her against the desert floor. Her entire body wracked in pain, Alex could only watch as Terra slowly approached her, fire swirling around the esper's right arm. Thinking quick, Alex waved her wand and uttered, "McReary TimeReary!"

"Firag--"

Time suddenly reversed itself, only stopping its sudden trip at the moment Terra had teleported away from the ring of fire from earlier. Alex cartwheeled back when the Firaga spell that was meant to strike her exploded beneath her feet, and aimed her wand at the sword sheathed on Terra's right hip. "Tomunan Kinesis!"

The Apocalypse shook as it slowly slipped from Terra's hip, the esper reacting quickly and holding on to her sword. The Tomunan Kinesis won out, however, and Terra gasped when her sword was wrenched free from her grip. The sword lodged itself right next to Alex, the witch picking up the sword and gripping it with both hands, charging Terra with a cry. Alex brought Apocalypse down the moment she reached Terra, the esper rolling to the side and waving her arm. A chunk of Blizzaga appeared, and following Terra's arm motion, the ice hurtled towards Alex in a devastating arc, the witch swinging Apocalypse and splitting the ice in half. Terra summoned another one, this time bringing it down upon Alex's head, the witch swinging the sword upwards and slicing the Blizzaga chunk in half. Terra cast Firaga once more, the explosion successfully throwing the open Alex off her feet. The blade plummeted to the ground and embedded itself into the sand, but Terra did not pick it up, instead uttering "Vanish."

As Alex regained herself from crashing onto the ground, she saw that Terra had disappeared. Suddenly, a large jolt of electricity came sailing for Alex, the witch waving her wand and deflecting the attack at the last second. Snarling, Alex fired off spells in random directions, in hopes of luring Terra to her, but failed to, the esper suddenly reappearing and swinging a slab of Blizzaga at the witch. Alex gasped as the ice chunk crunched against her chest, drawing a pained gasp. Alex lashed out, catching Terra by the chin with a reflexive kick. Terra stumbled back, unable to react as Alex rained down a series of open-palmed strikes and ending with a knee to the abdomen. Crying out, Terra waved her arm up, launching Thundaga once more aknd throwing Alex away. Terra quickly followed up with a Firaga spell, but before the speeding fireball met its mark, Alex waved her wand once more, uttering "McReary TimeReary!" this time without forethought.

Time reversed once more, this time to the point where Apocalypse slipped from Alex's grasp. Alex pointed her wand at Terra and fired off a ball of electricity, the projectile hitting Terra dead on before she could utter "Vanish." Terra fell to her knees, crying out in pain as Alex landed neatly on the ground and charged the prone esper. Alex kneed Terra and then balled her fists together, bringing them down on the crown of the esper's skull. Terra let out a muffled cry as her face was driven to the ground, only barely able to roll to the side to avoid a thundering foot at her head. Terra freed her sword from the sand and retreated, hurling a volley of Firaga spells as she did and purposely missing, creating a pillar of smoke. Alex did not follow suit, instead uttering, "McReary Time--"

"Malevolent winds!"

Alex stopped midway, frozen in fear as the smoke cleared and a large vortex was swirling towards her, gathering sand and dust. Terra manipulated the Tornado to strike Alex at all costs, and as the witch regained her senses, she pointed her wand at the approaching twister, trying with all her might to stop and reverse it. For a brief moment the Tornado appeared as if it was spinning in place, until it dispersed, revealing a large fault in the sand. Alex had failed to reverse the twister, but she was able to stop it, at least.

"Quake!"

Alex was thrown off her feet as the earth shook and cracked. Alex struggled to regain her footing, and as the ground let up, she witnessed Terra charging at her, sword in hand. Alex was barely able to roll to the side when the blade of Apocalypse kissed her arm ever so slightly, drawing blood, but the witch retaliated by launching a ball of fire which struck Terra dead on. Alex mercilessly followed up with a powerful gust of wind from her wand, blowing Terra far away, but midair, Terra righted herself and floated, raising her arm and declaring, "Meteor!"

About ten meteors pierced through the clouds in the desert sky as they plummeted towards Alex, the witch concentrating and whispering something incomprehensible. Suddenly, the meteors exploded into tiny chunks, scattering on the ground like a harmless shower of small pebbles. Gritting her teeth, Terra made her way back into the ground, raising her arms and uttering, "Sorrowful waters!"

Out of the sand suddenly emerged an immense wave of water, the Flood scooping up sand as it made its way towards Alex. The witch waved her wand around, attempting to stop the Flood in its tracks, and managed to slow it down, but was unable to stop the entirety of the wave from crashing down on her. Alex let out a muffled cry as the Flood completely overwhelmed her, only spreading the water away from her before she could drown. Once the water parted sank into the sand, Alex saw that her opponent had vanished once more, the witch only barely able to raise her wand to deflect an incoming barrage of Thundaga balls. Realizing that Terra would definitely ambush her once again, Alex waved her wand, uttering "Cranium Revolvis!"

Alex held her head before it began to spin--literally--uncontrollably, and felt a surge of triumph as she heard a pained cry from Terra. Alex put her hands down, and when Terra's head stopped spinning, she was immediately met with a blast of electricity flying straight towards her. However, Terra had raised Shell in time, and the electricity spread out before it dissipated. Alex launched a large ball of fire, Terra's eyes narrowing as she whispered, "Meltdown."

A sudden wave of scorching heat suddenly ensued, canceling out the cold desert wind. The Meltdown stopped the approaching fireball and destroyed it, and Alex cried out as the heat wave burned through her body in a rapid pace. Before the Meltdown could completely take effect, however, Alex uttered once more, "McReary TimeReary!"

Time reversed, this time to the point where Terra had begun casting Flood. However, to Alex's surprise, Terra recalled the Flood, demanding, "Did you turn back time?"

"How did you...?" Alex began, lowering her wand. Of course. She has magical powers, like me.

Alex got no verbal response. Instead, she was met with a salvo of light orbs sailing at her. The Holy attack peltered Alex and launched her into the air, and Terra followed up by mercilessly assailing the witch with three Blizzaga chunks, the last one launching her face-first into the sand. As she struggled to recover to her feet, Alex spat out the sand that had gotten in her mouth, and wiped the blood streaming down her lower lip. Terra charged, her sword raised high overhead to accentuate the force, and Alex, too pained to roll aside, waved her wand, uttering, "Gialsjay Timesday!"

As soon as time stopped all around her, Alex immediately raised her right foot and held it aloft. Knowing a charley horse would soon ensue, Alex knew she had to think of something, quick. However, pain had begun searing her right foot, and before her toes touched the ground, Alex pointed her wand at herself. "Edgebonoutoosis!"

Alex collapsed to her knees as time resumed, the pain from the charley horse still lingering. Alex rolled back as soon as Terra brought down her blade, and rolled to the side when Apocalypse met the clone Alex had created and sliced it clean in two. Suddenly Terra was blown back, struck head-on by a ball of fire, and with a cry, the esper skidded against the desert floor. Alex then pointed her wand at the prone Terra, uttering "This that, copycat!"

Terra had regained herself, but was unable to stop the sudden force that stiffened her muscles and forced them to move against her will. She saw that Alex was moving her arms in erratic motions, and Terra tried, with all of her mind's strength, to resist moving her arms, even as her arms began to comply with the witch's movements. With a cry, Terra summoned all of her willpower to resist Alex's control, and eventually succeeded, the white aura around her shattering. However, Terra was unable to react as a stream of energy struck her in the chest and cast her entire body in deep, searing agony, forcing her to drop Apocalypse. Alex continued her attack, determined to vaporize her foe and end it now, overlooking the pillar of light that suddenly lanced through the sky and broke the connecting energy ray. Terra had entered her Trance; her entire body had turned pink, her hair had become messy, and she was completely bare. "If I have to fight...!"

Alex cried out as something clawed into her abdomen. Terra had charged at her and slashed at Alex with her Esper claws in blinding speed, knocking her high into the air. Terra slashed once more, blood splattering onto the sand, and faced Alex, floating. Terra then raised her right arm. "Flare!"

Alex waved her wand to defend against the sudden searing explosion, and was able to mitigate the worst of it, but was not unmarred: the Flare was more powerful than the Meltdown Terra had cast earlier, further wracking the witch's body in pain. Terra crossed her arms, bladelike beams of energy appearing on them, and set the energy loose, declaring, "I won't be defeated!"

Meanwhile, Alex had uttered a wish. It was a simple wish, one that would make her survive Terra's next move. Even as the Riot Blade tore through her body and cast her in unimaginable agony, she fought to retain her consciousness, hoping that the wish would work. The Russo Family Wand was loosed from her grip as Alex fell to the desert floor, bleeding a profuse amount of blood. Alex lay on the sand, sprawled out, in agony too deep to even move. It was then that Alex had realized this: She had wished to survive Terra's Riot Blade, and the wish worked. However, she hadn't wished to either just end the fight or survive the attack unscathed. And now with the wand away from her, she could not do it over. Meanwhile, Terra was above her, radiant blue energy swirling around her arms. Terra was extremely open, but there was naught Alex could do. Alex then closed her eyes as Terra let loose the most powerful spell she had. "Ultima."

The small wisp of energy that flew from Terra's hands suddenly expanded outwards and exploded into a violent outburst of powerful, lost magic. Alex made no sound as Ultima reached her and incinerated her, but Ultima continued its expansion until it dissipated, leaving a large hole in its wake. As Terra returned to normal, her clothes forming around her, she landed gracefully on the ground, taking notice of the unmarred wand next to where Alex could have been if Ultima hadn't reduced her to nothing. Instead of taking the wand for herself, however, Terra limped away, leaving the wand behind as she freed the embedded Apocalypse from the sand. At last, she made for the town of Maranda, gazing at the lone wand and the gaping hole with sadness and shame.

KO!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Boomstick: NO! ALEX! And here I thought Disney sitcom characters were insanely overpowered...

Wiz: Alex and Terra were surprisingly evenly matched, but as insane as Alex's magical strength and arsenal were, Terra is just...much, MUCH stronger. Plus, she had the natural speed even Alex couldn't hope to match.

Boomstick: Terra's magical hax matched and exceeded Alex's blow for blow. Hell, even the power boost granted by both the Russo Family Wand and her status as Family Wizard couldn't hope to surpass the pure, raw magic Terra wielded.

Wiz: While the Family Wand is known for being a stronger form of every other wand in existence, able to cast magic deadly beyond human comprehension, when Alex loses it, she becomes nearly helpless. Terra, on the other hand, doesn't even need a wand to cast her magical spells, which, by comparison, are more potent, no matter what.

Boomstick: Lexie had the upper hand in unarmed combat, but even THAT's by comparison. Hell, that's not even new to Terra! She's faced down martial artists like Vargas, and even beat up some kung fu dudes as random encounters.

Wiz: Wait, wait, Lexie? Do you have a weird fetish or something?

Boomstick: What? No!

Wiz: Is that why Craig told me you have posters of Dis--

Boomstick: *fires a warning shot* Wizard? Let's go back to the analysis, shall we?

Wiz: *strained laugh* But...take note, the Russo Family Wand could grant any wish Alex had, and granted her wish to survive Terra's Riot Blade. But since she's the Family Wizard, Alex is slightly more responsible, and won't just wish for anything, including wish for Terra to be dead. Even if Alex was allowed to do that, Terra would have been allowed access to the Death spell, which the likes of Alex have no defense against.

Boomstick: But don't think Terra didn't have many problems with this sitcom mistress. Alex was way more creative and dangerous with her magic, and was able to dole out damage as easily as Wiz lost the keys to his hovercraft.

Wiz: Yeah...Hey.

Boomstick: Plus, while some of her spells were created for comedic effect, they had the potential to bring out the most hurt. But Alex's comedic spells were the knife in the gun fight with Terra's more raw, deadly magic.

Wiz: And while Terra was in Trance mode, even the effects of the comedic spells would have been halved, since they're still technically magic spells, whichever way you look at them. And considering Terra's survived high-end spells like Ultima, Forsaken, and Heartless Angel in this form, even the comedic spells didn't really deal damage enough to take Terra out of the fight, since no matter how you look at them, Alex's spells absolutely PALE in comparison to the spells Terra's taken.

Boomstick: But Alex's greatest weaknesses were her smart-alecky attitude and recklessness. She lacked the maturity and level-headedness of her older brother, leading to her doing tactically fatal decisions and meeting her explosive end.

Wiz: Lastly, Alex is dependent on her wand to unleash her full powers. Without it, her magic was severely diminished, and she had no way to survive Terra's Ultima; whilst Terra's magic power is high, even without a wand. Alex Russo was just overwhelmed by Terra's superior magic spells, Trance, and superior traits.

Boomstick: As quoted by Kitster, 1999...this fight was wizard.

*doorbell rings*

Delivery guy: Mr. Boom...stick?

Boomstick: Yeah, that's me.

Delivery guy: Here's the Debby Ryan posters that you ordered. Full body, just like you said--

Boomstick: *bolts for the door* *quietly screaming* Why'd you come here now?!

Delivery guy: You...uh...said you can't wait any longer for--

Boomstick: Shhh! ...Fine.

Delivery guy: All right, just sign here, and whatnot...

Boomstick: *whispers as he signs* Make sure... *whispers* Ashley Tisdale... *whispers* tomorrow.

Delivery guy: *leaves once business is done*

Boomstick: *approaches Wiz* ...

Wiz: *stares suspiciously at Boomstick*

Boomstick: ...WHAT? Craig told me you have a tickle fetish!

Wiz: ...

Boomstick: ...

Wiz: *grabs chain* GET OVER HERE--

*Technical Difficulties--Sponsored by Craig Skistimas*

Wiz: *clears throat* The winner is Terra Branford.

****

Winner: TERRA

+ Magically stronger

+ Naturally faster, especially at Trance mode

+ Arsenal is way more raw and diverse

- Mind was not strong enough to fully resist Alex's mind manipulation spell

Loser: ALEX

+ Hax are extremely ridiculous

- Only human, and not durable enough to survive Riot Blade and Ultima without wishes

- Powers extremely reduced without wand

- None of her attacks could really take Terra out of the fight--again, without wishes

- Not nearly fast enough to keep up with Terra--then again, without wishes

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Next Time on Death Battle:

A pirate captain, garbed in red, showers himself with pixie dust, approaching the surprised Peter Pan...

VS

A pirate captain shoots at Hector Barbossa with the last shot of his pistol, Barbossa regaining his humanity as he dies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 288 15
(OC Gamer Batman X Injustice Crossover Harem) After the defeat of Bruce Wayne, All hope seemed to be lost as Superman returns to power and becomes Br...
6.6K 279 8
Love tranforms People... People change for love. What if Saru didn't leave Inder?Join Inder and Saru in their beautiful journey of finding true love...
13.7K 196 19
Note: This is a resubmitted story of mine after my Facebook account was blocked via Checkpoint. Anyways, here is the complete revision of my fanfic t...
329K 4.3K 92
The last Saiyan, (y/n), only wants one thing in life: To fight, and defeat, only the strongest of opponents. When his search to fight the strongest l...