Foster Mom [#Wattys2016] (com...

By Dredge116

Laken Santiago is a single successful business woman. Her only dream is to have a family. She hasn't found th... More

Summary and copyright
#Wattys2016
Trailer
Prologue
1. Twin's Party Part I
2. The Twin's Party Part II
3. Johnny
4. The Client
5. The Letter
6. Secret training
7. A little help from Johnny
8. Johnny leaves
9. At the office
10.
11.
12.
12.5
14.
15
16.
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29 The Date
30
31
32
33
34.
35.
36
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46. Bachelorette Party
47. Wedding Part I
49. The Honeymoon
Epilogue
Thanks For Reading Foster Mum
Laken and Ethan Trailer
Foster Mom Part 2 Coming Soon
FOSTER MOM PART 2 OUT NOW
Indebted To Him (Out Now)
Beautiful Disaster (Out Now)
Shattered (sneak peak)

48. Wedding Part II

8.5K 324 17
By Dredge116

The father/daughter dance song is up here ^ if you want to listen to it. It's a beautiful song and I recommend that you listen to it. It called "I loved her first" by heartland.

Ethan pulls me into his arms and he places his lips on mine and I wrap my arms around his neck.

I deepen the kiss and I feel his tongue enter my mouth. I pull away from him.

The priest announces. "I would like to introduce you all to Mr and Mrs Miller."

***

The priest turns to Ethan and I. "I have a few forms for you to fill out." He shows us to the table and we sit on the chairs. He looks at Cristina and Johnny. "I need the witnesses to sign the marriage license as well."

Ethan and I pick up pens and we sign on the lines of the documents.

Then Johnny and Cristina sign the papers.

The photographer steps forward and she announces. "The Bride and Groom would like for you to follow them outside for some photos."

Ethan takes my hand and we walk down the aisle. "You look beautiful, Lake."

I smile. "Thanks, you look great too. I can't wait to see you out of that tux tonight." I wink at him and I walk over to the fountain.

He laughs. "That's supposed to be my line."

"You took too long to say it. I thought I should say something."

Sophie and Gracie walk over to us and we lift them up.

The photographer pulls her camera out of her bag and she takes a picture of Ethan, the girls and I.

Our family and friends stand close to us.

Mom pushes Dad over to me and she hugs me. "Congratulations Mrs Miller. You look beautiful, sweetheart."

I hug her. "Thanks, Mom. You look great."

She smiles. "Thanks."

I hug Dad. "How are you feeling?"

"Good, I'm going to rest in this thing until the father/daughter dance. I want to have enough strength to dance with you on your wedding day."

"I love you."

Ethan and I take photos with my parents.

In one of the pictures I sit on Dad's lap. He has a huge smile on his face. I rise and move over to Ethan.

Ethan wraps his arms around my waist and he looks at me instead of the camera and I do the same. He leans forward and places his lips on mine.

I see a flash at the corner of my eyes. I pull away from him and we get more pictures taken with family and friends.

Johnny walks over with a blonde on his arm. He whispers something to her and she laughs. They walk over to Ethan and I. "Ethan, I want you to meet, Gisele."

Gisele smiles. "Hey, Ethan. Congratulations on marrying a beautiful woman." She turns towards me. "Hey, Laken. You look beautiful."

"Thanks," I look between Johnny and her. "What are you doing here?"

She looks at Johnny. "He invited me as a plus one. I hope that's alright."

I glare at Johnny. "You met her last night at the Bachelorette Party and you invite her to the wedding without telling me?"

Johnny looks at the ground. "I didn't think you would mind."

I cross my arms. "What are you going to do if we don't have enough food for her?"

He drags his hand through his hair. "I didn't think about that." He looks at Gisele. "I like her a lot. Please, tell me you have enough food."

Gisele pulls her arm out of his. "I think I should go. I didn't know I would cause any problems coming here."

Cristina walks over and she looks at her co-worker. "Gisele?"

Gisele waves at her. "Hey,"

Cristina slaps our brother. "What happened to your rule about not dating each other's friends?"

Johnny looks at Ethan and I. He shrugs. "That went out the window the moment those two hooked up when we were in University and again when Lake became a Foster Mum to his kids. I knew they would fall for each other. I didn't have it in me to keep them away from each other any longer." He looks at the twins.

Ethan wraps his arm around. "I would have found a way to get to you even if I didn't have girls, but having them is an extra bonus. I love all my girls."

He is so sweet.

"We love you too." I kiss his cheek. I pull him away from my siblings and we get photos taken with the rest of the guests.

***

The limo pulls in front of The Archer Hotel at 5:30pm. Gracie, Sophie, Violet, Cristina, Johnny, Jackson, Ethan and I step out of the limo.

We make our way to the ballroom as we get closer to the room the door opens. Violet and Jackson are the first to walk through the door. Followed by Cristina and Johnny.

Sophie and Gracie hold our hands and we enter the room. We make our way over to the bridal table. I sit Gracie next to me and Sophia sits next to Ethan.

On the table is a sign with Mr and Mrs Miller. The tables are decorated in lilac and blue and there's a few balloon around the room with 'congratulations' on it.

A waitress walks into the room and she's carrying three plates. She heads over to my table and puts food in front of Ethan, Cristina and I. She looks at me. "The children's meals will be out shortly."

I smile. "Thank you."

She walks back to the kitchen.

A guy walks through the door with sandwiches. He places it in front of the twins. Another waiter enters the room with the remaining kid's meals and he places the food in front of them.

***

After dinner Johnny walks over to the stage and he picks up the microphone. He taps it a couple of times. "Can you hear me?"

"Yes," Ethan yells.

Johnny gives him the thumbs up. "Good evening ladies and gentleman. For those who don't know me, my name is Johnny and I am the best man. This is actually the first time I have been required to make a speech. I hope it doesn't suck."

I laugh.

I'm looking forward to hearing what my big brother has to say.

Johnny looks around the room. "I have been a protective big brother to my little sister. I didn't want her to date my best friend, but that went out the window as you can see. I have plenty of stories to share with you about Laken and Ethan." He looks at me. "I was two years old when Mom and Dad brought you home from the hospital. I remember the first time I held you in my arms, Laken. As you grew up I wanted to protect you from all the boys." He looks at Ethan. "Including my best friend Ethan, but that didn't turn out well as you married him."

The crowd laughs.

Ethan takes my hand under the table and places it on his lap. He moves his seat closer to me and I lie my head on his shoulder.

Johnny grabs a glass and he takes a drink of water. He puts the glass back on the table. "I have known Ethan since I was seven and we were put in the same class. I remember it was the first day of school and he walked into the room and made his was over to my desk. He sat next to me and said 'Hey, I'm Ethan." I smiled and said 'Johnny,' from that moment we were best friends. We fought over toys at times, but later we would make up. When we were ten Dad helped up build a tree house and we had a sign on it with 'No, girls allowed.' Do you remember what Cristina did with the sign?"

Ethan laughs. "Yeah, she threw it in the creek and kicked our butts for being mean."

Cristina rises. "I had to teach you lesson. After all I am your big sister."

Johnny rolls his eyes.

I look at Ethan. "I remember the tree house. The sign was taken down after you turned fourteen when the girls caught your attention."

Ethan laughs. "Girls weren't that bad after that."

Johnny clears his throat. "When we were fifteen we fought over the girls in our year and some of Cristina's friends. We preferred the older girls than the ones in our year. I am happy that Ethan found a great girl to be with, even if she's my sister."

I hear Ethan say. "Shit!" I nudge his arm and he looks at me. "I'll tell you about her someday."

Johnny picks up a champagne glass. "I want to make a toast." Everyone picks up there glasses and raise it. "Laken and Ethan you are the perfect couple. You balance each other out and someday I would love to have what the two of you have created. Here's too many happy years together. I love you both."

Everyone says 'cheers,' before they take a drink.

Ethan's Dad is next to give his speech and he has tears in his eyes as he reads about the type of guy his son has become and how proud of him he is. After the speech we drink again.

Johnny wheels Dad to the front of the room and he looks at me as he begins his speech. "As most of you know I am Laken's father. From the moment she came into the world she was my little girl. I protected her from boys as she grew up and while she was at school she had her brother protect her from them too." He looks at me. "Laken, you grew into a beautiful woman with a kind heart. I was happy when you told me that you were going to become a Foster Mom and when the girls became a part of the family. I watched you become a great mother to the twins. When Ethan came into your life I saw a spark in your eyes and you became happier. Ethan and you are perfect for each other." Dad look at Ethan. "When I'm gone I know she will be in good hands." Dad puts the microphone down.

I run over to Dad and hug him. "I love you, Dad. That was a perfect speech."

He kisses my cheek. "I love you, too. Can you wheel me over to your mother? I know you're husband has a speech for you." I wheel dad over to Mom. "I'm looking forward to the father daughter dance."

"Me too." I walk back over to the bridal table and sit next to Ethan.

He rises and looks at everyone as a guy gives him a microphone. "Hey, everyone. Thank you for coming to Laken and my wedding. We appreciate all of you coming here today to celebrate with us." Ethan turns towards me. "To my beautiful wife I want to say 'I love you' and you have made me a better man. If it wasn't for you I don't know where I would be right now." He looks at Gracie and Sophie. "When I found out about my daughters I wanted to meet the woman that took them in and you were the one that took them in and gave them a home that they needed. The girls need two parents and now they have it," He pauses for a moment. "I remember the first time I saw you and I thought you were the most beautiful girl in the room. You were standing near the dance floor at a Frat party and I wanted to get to know you. So, I made my move against Johnny's wish and that's something I will never regret in my life. When you truly smile it lightens up your face and that's something that I want to see for the rest of our lives. I'm looking forward to what our future holds for us." He leans down and kisses me. "I love you, Laken." He puts the microphone on the table.

The DJ picks up the microphone. "I would like the bride and her father to come onto the dance floor for the father and daughter dance."

Dad rises from his wheel chair and walks over to me. He reaches for my hand and I place it in his. He leads me to the dance floor as 'I loved her first' by Heartland plays. He places his hand on my waist and the other in my hand. Dad and I move around the dance floor.

This is the perfect moment for Dad and I.

I look at Ethan and he has his phone out. "Thank you," I mouth.

He nods.

Dad spins me around and the he tips me. He pulls me back into his arms and we continue to move around the dance floor.

I start crying as I listen to song and think about not having him in life.

Dad stops dancing and he wipes away my tears. "This was a great father/daughter dance song." He pulls me into his arms. "I will be with you," he touches my heart. "... here and I want you to tell your future kids about me as well."

"I promise, Dad."

The song comes to an end. I help Dad over to the wheel chair. He looks at Mum. "I want to go home. I'm feeling tired."

I walk over to Ethan. "Can we cut the cake before my parents leave? Dad's feeling tired."

Ethan takes my hand. "Sure," Ethan and I walk over to the five tier cake. Ethan places his hand on mine and we cut the cake.

I take a piece of cake and feed it to Ethan and he does the same to me. I take two slices of cake over to Mom and Dad. "Ethan and I will see you in two days."

Sophia and Gracie stand to my parents. "Bye, Mom and Dad." They kiss Ethan and I before they follow my parents to the car.

As my parents leave Ethan puts his arms around me. "It's time for the husband and wife dance."

He leads me to the dance floor and a song called 'I do' by Derek Gust plays and we move across the dance floor.

The rest of the night flies by quickly.

It was the best night of my life.

***

At midnight Ethan and I leave the reception. We head upstairs to our hotel room. He pulls his jacket off and I untie his tie and pull his shirt off.

He helps me out of the dress and we make our way to the bed.

***

Vote/comment/share/follow me

MissDredge

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of Foster Mum.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65 15 7
Alea Francesca Apollo has it all. She has a successful business and a doting husband. To the public, it looks like she has the perfect life. Well, lo...
637 85 35
Vivian Hale, a 22-year-old college student lives her life peacefully with her brother Ethan and a stable job. Her mother is an alcoholic and her dad...
274K 7.5K 30
Mason Harris, 29 and the youngest of three brothers to run his fathers company. His father owns 32 Hotels around the U.S and Mason is the CEO. The la...
97.9K 7.7K 83
Cecilia Atwood has lived a life of complete privilege. Her father is a night club tycoon. Her mother has always been the best mother to her and her b...