The Girl Nextdoor

By hoplessromantic143

Camila Cabello is an average girl. She's not popular, or somewhere in between. She belongs to a group that he... More

Pilot
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Quick Question
IMPORTANT
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Important I guess
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Help?
Chapter 39
Hey guys...
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65: Part 1
Chapter 65: Part 2
Chapter 65: Part 3
Chapter 66
Chapter 67: Part 1
Chapter 67: Part 2
Chapter 67 Part: 3
Chapter 67: Part 4
Chapter 67: Part 5
Chapter 68 Part 1
Chapter 68: Part 2
Chapter 68 Part 3
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71: Part 1
Chapter 72: Part 3
Hey guys!
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Important
Need your help!!
Come say hi
The book cover
Fin

Chapter 71: Part 2

12.2K 478 328
By hoplessromantic143

A/N: Play song towards the end.

Narrator's POV

Later that night, Lauren was sitting on the porch drinking beer out of a red cup as she thought about the past events that occurred between her and Camila. She couldn't forget about the look on her face when she described what it meant to be soulmates. Did she understand that she still loved her? Or was she just surprised that even came out of her mouth in the first place? She was dying to know what the brown eyed girl thought. And with the old Camila, knowing that was so easy. But there's no way in hell this Camila would ever let her in. She had broken the little glimpse of trust and respect she had left for her. And Lauren couldn't do anything but blame herself. What Camila needed wasn't an enemy, or a stranger but rather, a friend.

And because she had failed to see that, she was afraid she'd lost the Camila she knew forever. But she didn't regret one thing, and that was the fact that she was right. She and Camila were unfit to be together. Their lives had become too intertwined. Up to the point where they had lost their own sense of individuality. And because of that, their love became unhealthy and dangerous.

To find your own individual state of happiness is the key to being able to love. Because after all, finding yourself and loving who you are is like falling in love.

"Oh fuck." A raspy voice said before bumping into Lauren.

The green eyed girl turned to meet the voice and realized that it was none other than the girl she was just thinking about.

"Camz? Are you okay?"

"Lauren?" Camila said squinting at the blurry silhouette in front of her.

"Why are you squinting like that at me? Can you see?"

"No I...I dropped my contact lense when I rubbed my eye and I took the other one off in the bathroom because it was hurting my head and-"

"You're drunk aren't you?"

"Pffft. What? Why would you think that?"

"Because you're swaying and slurring your words. Plus I saw you drinking in there and I know you're a lightweight."

"You should've stopped me then."

"You would've never listened to me anyway. Plus, you were too busy chatting it up with those college girls."

"Listen." Camila began before she sat next to Lauren, "At least I didn't bring my hot girlfriend and shove our relationship down your throat."

"Lucy's not my girlfriend Camz."

"Whatever. Say, where is she anyway?"

"Her dad has a meeting with his agent tomorrow so she left to say goodbye."

"Good."

"What? Is that jealousy I sense?"

"Fuck yeah. Fuck that bitch and fuck you for bringing her."

"We're just friends Camz."

"I don't fuck Dinah and we're friends."

"If it makes you feel better, I stopped the second we started fucking around again."

"So you haven't?"

"No." Lauren sincerely told her.

"Well, how noble of you."

Lauren playfully rolled her eyes before she asked, "Hey, do you need a ride home?"

"I think Dinah is gonna take me home."

"Are you sure? Because I think I saw her go up stairs with that new transfer just before I came out here."

"What? I guess I'm gonna have to wait for her then." Camila shrugged.

"Don't be ridiculous. Let me take you home." Lauren offered.

"I can take care of myself."

"Camz, you're as blind as a bat, you're drunk and it's 2 in the morning. Please let me drive you home."

"On one condition."

"I'm listening."

"I want some pizza."

Lauren stifled a chuckle, "Alright. I'll see what I can do."

"Oh and make it garlic brothers."

Lauren playfully rolled her eyes, "Okay, Okay. Come on." She said helping her up, "Let's go before you get even more hungry."

Dizzily, Camila followed Lauren into her car with her guidance. Once inside the green eyed girl noticed that Camila didn't put on her seat belt. So she reached over and clicked it on for her.

Camila furrowed her brows in confusion.

Lauren noticed, "What?"

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

"It's called being a decent human being." The green eyed girl simply answered.

"..."

"Something I haven't been to you in a while."

"And you think that just because I'm like this, you're doing me a favor?"

"No, I want to do this. There's a difference."

After that, Camila didn't say much. Instead, she just looked at the passing silhouettes of objects outside her window. She couldn't see what they were, but she didn't care. All she did was focus on how each individual object was captured under the melancholiac light of the moon.

And Lauren, well Lauren couldn't do anything but just watch her. As well as watching the road of course.

Once they arrived, Lauren helped Camila out of the car and to her doorstep.

"Camz where are you keys?"

"In my pants."

"Where?"

"Why don't you look for them?"

Lauren's face flushed before she stuttered, "S-Stop fooling around."

"Boo you're no fun." Camila pouted before she reached in her front right pocket and handed her the keys.

Lauren fumbled them in her hand before she was able to open the door. She then led them both inside and closed the door quietly. Afterwords, she carefully took Camila upstairs to her room where she laid her down.

The brown eyed girl lazily watched Lauren as she slipped off her heels. Unsure why she was being so caring, Camila's chest welled up with a nest of butterflies. She couldn't help but feel that way when Lauren did these types of things. After all, it was the little things that meant so much.

Then suddenly, Lauren's green eyes locked with hers. Camila froze. She simply just watched Lauren as she picked something up from her dresser. She couldn't quite make out the object until she placed it right above her nose. The cold spectacles feeling warm on her face with a strange familiarity of someone Camila had forgotten about for a while.

"There." Lauren smiled, "I knew something was missing."

The brown eyed girls lips parted.

"You know, I always liked these on you." She brought up, "In fact, they're one of my favorite things about you."

"Why?" Camila finally spoke.

"Because they're so...you."

"..."

"Without them sometimes I forget that you were the same girl I bumped into that day." Lauren nostalgically smiled, "I guess they're just a part of you that I can't shake off."

"Is that because I'm not me anymore?"

"No." Lauren easily responded, "It's just a part of you that I love."

"L-Love?" The brown eyed girl stuttered.

"Of course you idiot. It's not like I ever stopped."

"I don't believe you. Why tell me this now?"

"Because you won't remember a thing in the morning." Lauren quipped, "So might as well." She shrugged.

A small smile traced Camila's lips in response to Lauren's words. Something about them awakening a dead part of her being hidden within the mask she'd created. Briefly, bringing back the Camila she knew so well. And just like that, Camila remembered what it was like to be herself again.

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

969K 24.4K 22
Lauren Jauregui; Captain of the softball team. Most popular girl in school. Every girls hero and every guys dream. She's dating the most popular girl...
216K 5.2K 24
Lauren Jauregui became friends with five weird yet amazing girls. Camila, her best friend, keeps on giving her mixed signals which lead to Lauren thi...
45.5K 1K 30
Thrown together for a project that is due by the end of the year, Camila Cabello and Lauren Jauregui battle through the stages of a relationship in H...
24.7K 1.1K 34
Lauren was a celebrated young director in the industry. She owned a production house where she spent most of her time doing things she loved. Her med...