The Alpha's Gem

Autorstwa ThatAlphaGirl

'I stare at him completely mesmerized and I unknowingly start to move towards him. He watches me intensely an... Więcej

Chapter 1: The Home
Chapter 2: The New Friend
Chapter 3: Mr. and Mrs. Robeson
Chapter 4: Mate
Chapter 5: Moving
IMPORTANT
Chapter 6: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 7: Lost, Hurt and Revelation
Chapter 8: Double Trouble
Chapter 9: She Knows
Chapter 10: Mine
Chapter 11: The Pack Houses
Chapter 12: Trouble Near The Border
Chapter 13: Mind Reading
Chapter 14: Feeling Loved
Chapter 15: Having A Mate Like Me
Chapter 16: The Suspicious Alpha
Chapter 17: Friends With Better Lives
Chapter 18: Friends With Better Lives (Part 2)
Chapter 19: How I Met His Aunt, Again (Part 1)
Chapter 20: How I Met His Aunt, Again (Part 2)
Chapter 21: Death
Chapter 23: Never Losing You, Ever

Chapter 22: Never Say Never

76 1 0
Autorstwa ThatAlphaGirl

Chapter 22: Never Say Never

Druce's POV

Gemma has been sleeping for over two hours now. After finding her sleeping body on the ground, I took her to the pack doctor who told me that she is going to be fine.

I was more relieved than I can say because I don't know what I would've done if she wasn't.

She is sleeping soundlessly in our room, I didn't want to leave her in that uncomfortable hospital bed. She will be more comfortable here, where she belongs.

I have been focused solely on the weird, unrecognizable scent that I had smelled on Gemma when I found her.

Who could this person be? Who is this JR?

Every possible answer that I came up with was a big disappointment. Nothing connects.

I've never come across a JR, who is a rogue in my entire time as Alpha. I've never came into a feud with one either.

So who could this infuriating, malevolent monster be?

But...

What if I am looking at this the wrong way? What if this person isn't a rogue, but a part of a pack or maybe some other species entirely?

Surely that would explain a lot. I mean, I did come in contact with a whole lot of rogues and packs with evil intentions. I did destroy a lot of packs, some deserving of the destruction and some not.

But other species, that is a definite no. At least none that I have recognized as being different.

This will certainly explain a lot. It will explain why I didn't pick up the scent of a werewolf around Gemma. It would explain why no one really got the scent of an intruder.

But, is it possible? Are there other supernatural that I don't know of?

I scratch my hurting head angrily. So many questions, no answers.

I am getting more and more frustrated with so many unanswered questions. I get up from my comfortable chair around my large desk that has files upon files scattered everywhere. I have drawn up files on every rogue hide out near my pack and packs that I have come across in my previous years.

Alpha, we found something. I figure you will want to see this. Payne says through the mind-link, causing my head to pound even harder than before.

Where? I ask into the link, not in the mood for long conversations. I want to get this over with as soon as possible so I can get back to Gemma. I can't entrust her in anyone's protection but my own. At least not right now.

At the east side of the border Alpha. Came his quick reply and I nod my head assessing his reply.

It makes sense that they would enter using the east side. Most of our Runners are placed at the north and south end of the border. That means that this person knows much more about my pack than I originally thought, or could it be that they had some help from one of my pack member. But, who could it be?

For one, it is definitely not Payne or Bryce. They have too much to lose if they betray me.

Seems that this person is much shrewder than I am giving him credit for.

Okay I'll be there. Give me two minutes. I reply as I walk through my office door. I walk down the hall to my bedroom, making sure to check up on Gemma before I go.

She is still sleeping, but now she is wrapped up in the sheet with her face buried deep into it. I watch as she drags in a long, loud breath of fresh air.

It makes me proud to know that I make her so comfortable.

Shaking the loving feelings from my mind, I open the mind-link between me and my cousin.

Julie, I need you and Ana to watch Gemma until I return. She is in our room sleeping, just don't wake her up. I say into the link.

It takes a while before I hear her snarl. So, you want to go off to play knight and leave us to watch your sleeping beauty. Why, can't she take care of herself?

I growl angrily into the link, not in the mood for her theatrical. Get over here Gemma and take Ana with you. I am sure you don't want me to order you to, so don't defy me. I am not in the mood.

She doesn't reply, but I know that she is on her way. I close the door to my bedroom after getting a last glance at Gemma. Julie storms into the house, not even spearing me a glance and I choose to ignore her.

Ana walks into the room after Gemma, more calmly and nods her head at me respectfully. I really need to put Julie in her place. She is starting to stray too far away from home.

--------------------------------------

"I am here, what is it?" I say to Payne as I walk closer to him. He and the other runners were all scattered around the area, too idly I must say.

"Yes Alpha", Payne says, regarding me with cautious eyes as if he is mindful of my reaction. "We found this not too long ago, and let me warn you Alpha. It is very unnatural". He says while leading me to the edge of the boundary.

We reach the edge and I look, stupefied at what is before me. There on the outside of the boundary line are footsteps, big manly footsteps walking towards the boundary line. But, just as they reach the line, they disappear, almost as if into thin air.

"That was my reaction when I first saw it Alpha. It is not possible", he says and I nod my head agreeing with him. This is just not possible. What kind of sick, twisted force is working here?

But, alas it fell on deaf ears, seeing that I didn't ask it out loud.

"If you've learned anything at all from being a werewolf Payne, it is to expect the unexpected, never say never", I state and he nods his head agreeing with me.

I walk closer to the edge of the border and sniff loudly, confused with my findings. "Payne!" I exclaim and he walks closer to me with questioning eyes. "Smell here". I tell him and he sniffs loudly and looks at me with wide, surprised eyes.

The scent of the person who made those footsteps still lingers around this area, as if he was here for a while. The same person who touched Gemma yesterday. But the weird this is that another scent is here as well, faint, but here. We just need to find the culprit who it belongs to.

"But Alpha, if the person who made those footsteps did cross the boundary, where did the footsteps go? Why did they stop at the edge and not inside the boundary?" Payne asks as the other Runners begin to murmur their questions as well.

"Yes Alpha, What the hell is going on here? Who is doing this?" a burly looking man asks, Alex, I think.

"Yeah. This person killed my friend and our best cook. We need to do something about it", another one shouts and I raise my hands, quieting them instantly.

"I can't answer your questions because as you all can see, I am just as clueless as the rest of you are. This man touched my mate, he killed my pack member, and of course he has to pay. But, we need to be calm about this, we need to work together. We can't give him the satisfaction of riling us up. We can't make him win", I say giving each and every one of them quick glances. "So, let's just do the best we can to catch this killer before he can kill anyone else, especially not my mate", I state and they nod their heads and quickly disperses into small groups. Probably talking of battle plans. That's normally what they do.

Alpha! Ana shouts in my head causing me to panic, already fearing the worst.

What is wrong with Gemma?

Gemma is awake and she is asking for you. Please do hurry up. She is annoying the hell out of me. Julie says causing me to release the breath I didn't know I was holding

Tell her I'll be there soon. Just give me a few minutes. There is something I need to take care of. I finish and cut the link, not bothering to wait for her reply.

------------------------------------------

JR's POV

I watch from afar as the clueless, unsuspecting Alpha hopelessly studies the tracks I deliberately left there to keep him off my back. He is getting too close to home and I have to do something about it, even if I have to kill everyone in this pack before I get to him.

He is smart I must admit, much smarter than I've heard about him. But he is no match for what I have in store for him. He will be shocked, just like everyone I've ever had the pleasure of killing, when this reaches him.

I almost feel sorry for his poor, little mate. Almost.

I turn around to make my retreat through the path and back to the pack house where I'd killed their loving chef. I don't see the big deal, after all, he was a nobody, a weakling and a Gamma.

He shouldn't even be known. To be honest, I think I did him a favour.

I reach the house and enter easily, too easily. I thought they were on lock down, because of me. I pride myself for being so monstrous and I don't take competition so easily. I am number one and no one else.

That is why I am here. I have to eliminate my competition, even if I have to kill a million innocents to do so. I am just that competitive.

I am here to kill Alpha Druce, to erase him from existence so that I can have my title.

The title of 'indestructible'.

Surely it may seem stupid, but not to me. I have claimed that title for all of my existence and I won't allow a weak, momma's boy to rip it from me.

Just because he did a little bit of revenge killing for his poor father and sister. Never.

I need to get rid of him and retain my title. I should be the cruelest person around here and everywhere. Forever.

I wouldn't call this jealousy, no. Let's just say I am back to return what is rightfully mine.

I walk up the stairs and turn down the hall, approaching the room that I am seeking. I push the door open with a loud bang and watch as surprise, then realization dawns on the woman's face. I smirk evilly at her and walk into the room with my head held high.

She opens her mouth to scream but one shake of my finger and her scream dies on deaf ears. She grabs her throat frantically as she looks at me with wide shocked eyes.

"I wouldn't do that dearie", I say, still making my way into the room until I am standing right before her. "We wouldn't want to wake the neighbours now, do we?" She shakes her head no and I smile, at least to calm her before what I have to do.

She tattled on me to her Alpha dearest and I can't have any loose ends running around. That might ruin my plan.

I walk closer to her, soothing her with fake theatrical and as quick as the flash, I grab her neck with my hand and squeeze gently.

"Now let me give you a little lesson love. Never be a snitch", I say as I squeeze harder and rip her throat out, elated when I hear the satisfying crunch of it being ripped from her body.

I released her and watch as her lifeless body fall to the ground, blood splattering everywhere.

I walk into the adjoining bathroom and wash my hands thoroughly. Now I have to kill the Alpha's mate.

I should've never touched her today.

---------------------------------------------

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1M 20.7K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...
2K 70 19
"I can't stay here." "I need you here." "I need my pack." "I need my mate." "Correction, you want your mate." ******************************* Blaire...
18.8K 726 34
**Not edited.** A mere human, being adopted by wolves is but one of many unique surprises surrounding Kay. When suddenly a fierce Alpha appears, foll...
86.6K 3.6K 36
BOOK 2 - TO RULE RED RIVER (I'd recommend you reading book 1 'Gamma Cole and the Silver wolf' before you read this book). The first few chapters are...