Lonely Road→ Dallas Winston

By brokenpausebutton

❝it's a lonely road where the forgotten go, where your misery finds its company.❞ copyright @ b r o k e n p a... More

INTRODUCTION
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
EPILOGUE

THIRTEEN

9.7K 352 363
By brokenpausebutton

❝the hardest part is accepting how people change, and that alone changes everything.❞

AN ENORMOUS SMILE grew on my face. "You fallin' for me, Dallas Winston?" 

A cold expression washed over his face as he shook his head. "I already told you, I don't fall for anyone." 

I raised my eyebrow. "Then why haven't you left me yet?"

"I need a house to live in, don't I?" He asked, using a duh tone in his voice. 

I rolled my eyes, ignoring the fact that what he said hurt me. That's who Dallas was, though. I won't change him. People never change anyways. 

The rest of the car ride was quiet until we pulled up to my house. I walked inside, Johnny and Pony both asleep on the couch. I smiled to myself, pulling a cover over the both of them. Dally chuckled behind me. "They'll be fine without a cover."

I brushed past him, walking to my room. I was about to close my bedroom door, but Dally's foot stopped it from closing all the way. I heavily sighed, opening the door to reveal Dally shirtless. 

I raised my eyebrow. "I would like to go to sleep, so go to your own bedroom." 

He cracked a small smile, but it quickly faded. "Yeah, yeah, Cinderella. I was going to ask you if you wanted to go to the Curtis's with me tomorrow."

I shrugged. "Sure. I haven't seen the gang in a while."

He shot me a smirk. "That's because you've been with me." 

//

"WHERE WERE YOU and Dal yesterday?" Pony asked as we started walking towards his house. 

Dally was walking beside me, while Johnny was on the other side of Pony. "At Buck's as usual." I replied, kicking a pebble.

Pony turned to Johnny, a huge grin on his face. "Race ya."

Johnny started running immediately. "Good luck, Pony!"

Ponyboy started laughing, running after him. Dally and I walked in a comfortable silence, not wanting to say anything. Something kept bothering me, though. 

"Dally, I have a feeling something bad is going to happen today." 

He laughed sarcastically. "Every day is never good for people like us."

"I know that," I sighed. "It's just it never usually bothers me like it is right now."

Dally shrugged, not knowing what to say. I kept my gaze towards the ground as we walked, not caring if I ran into anything. "Naomi!"

I heard someone scream my name and my head shot up. "Maya?"

She looked pissed

"How are you going to take me and get me drunk and then take my car? Why would you ever do that?" 

I was shocked and had no idea what to say. Of course, I can always count on Dallas to make things worse for me. 

"Oh hush, you had tons of fun last night. You were all over those guys."

"Dally, shut the hell up." I spoke through gritted teeth. 

"You know what, Naomi? I can't do this anymore. I've dealt with you taking advantage of me for so long, and I'm done! I'm going to go get my car and don't bother coming to my house anymore, got it?" She snapped. 

My jaw dropped and my bottom lip quivered. "Y-you don't mean that, Maya. Please tell me you're joking with me."

"I'm not!" She spat, walking towards my house. 

I stood in place, not being able to move. This can't be happening. 

The only person who's been there for me since we were babies, suddenly doesn't want to be friends with me anymore? 

I need her. 

Dally was unsure of what to do and he bounced back on his heels, taking a drag out of his cancer stick. He groaned. "C'mon, Cinderella, let's go. I don't have all day." 

I spun my head towards him. "How can you say that? She was the only person who was ever there for me! Without her, I would've been long gone by now! I wouldn't even be on this earth! And now, she's just going to leave me out of nowhere? I know you're not good at showing compassion, Dallas, and I'm not either, but you could at least try to understand!"

Dally's face softened and he grabbed my hand. "Just forget it, Naomi. She was clearly never your friend in the first place."

"I said people never change, but she did." My voice cracked.

Dally sighed, picking me up bridal-style. He walked the whole way to the Curtis's, holding me in his arms. When we got inside, the whole gang stood up. "What's wrong with Naomi?" Johnny asked worriedly. 

"Maya." He growled, laying me down on the couch gently. 

He shot the gang a look and they all nodded, going out of the room to leave us two in there. He sat beside me, pulling me into his chest. "You shouldn't be surprised, Cinderella. Everyone leaves."

I laughed sarcastically, swallowing the lump in my throat. "People leave because of me. I'm a bad person." 

Dally shook his head. "You're not a bad person. You're just a little bit different, and I'm a sucker for that." 

I cracked a small smile, sitting up to where I was looking at him straight in the face. "Are you just saying that to make me feel better?"

He knitted his eyebrows in confusion. "I told you. I don't lie." 

I started grinning, making him smile back at me. "We're broken people, Dally."

He nodded. "Yeah, we are. Life usually doesn't do us any favors."

I sighed. "Why are we broken?"

Dally thought for a moment. "My mom once told me that the thing with broken clocks is you can always tell exactly when they stop ticking. With people, it isn't so easy, and sometimes, you can't even tell they're broken."

"Your mom seemed like a wise person." I spoke quietly, giving him a small smile. 

He smiled at the thought of his mom. "Yeah, she was."

I sighed, leaning back on the couch and staring at the ceiling. "Today is one of those days when I wish I was a little girl and could climb into my mother's lap and cry until the hurt goes away."

Dally pulled me into his chest again. "You may not have your mom to cry to, but you have me now."

"Promise you won't leave me?" My voice cracked as I closed my eyes tight, trying not to cry. 

"I promise, Cinderella." 

//

aww, I hope y'all really liked this. 

sorry I haven't been as active! school has me busy af

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 219 18
𝗶 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶 𝗱𝗶𝗱. 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲 ...
28.4K 699 23
young hearts always find their way back ☆
8.2K 90 19
Just read it. It's good i promise (completed)