After

By thenextstep774

After being kidnapped at the age of fifteen for ten years, Richelle Jackson finally escapes. She makes her wa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 // Finale

Chapter 31

1.1K 53 33
By thenextstep774

*Sorry for any mistakes*

Noah's pov
"Are you sure this is it?" Asks the tall, black haired policeman standing in front of the house where I've Eldon and Richelle should be. "This just looks a normal house."

Well that is the point! How long has this policeman been doing his job for? Because isn't it obvious that someone would want to hide a business like this from anyone who may report it? It's not hard to figure out why it looks like a normal house. I just hope Eldon's getting Richelle out, I hope she's okay.

"If you had a business like this," I begin, pointing to the house, "wouldn't you want to keep it quiet from any suspicious people?"

"That's true, that's very true," he mumbles as he strokes his chin- how predictable. "Well, you'd better be telling the truth, because we're going inside."

Eldon's pov
"Please," I beg the man standing before me, "please don't shoot."

I'm too young to die! And being shot? No! This can't be happening! Noah better get here fast otherwise I'm going to kill him when I get out- if I get out. Oh why did I think that? I'm panicking myself! I need to calm down, how do I do that? Ah, I know! I bet that gun doesn't even have any bullets in it!

"I won't," the man begins, the smell of alcohol leaving his mouth as it opens, "as long as you do as we say."

"Of course," I stutter back, my words mouth in fear- I guess my calming technique did not help. "What do I have to do?"

"Stay down here," Amanda smirks, "and show us what you'll use Richelle for."

My mouth drops. She couldn't possibly mean....no! No! I'm never going to do that to Richelle! Is that what every girl here is used for? Oh my God! None of them have said a word since they heard the gun's trigger, they must be as scared as me.

"What do you mean?" I ask, hoping that they won't give me the answer I don't want.

"Are you stupid?" The male asks, walking closer to me. "Do to her what every girl here is used for! Why do you think she's here? So that she can be someone's maid? No! Now do I need to go into detail here or are you going to do as you're told?"

Oh God no. Please no. I quickly glance over to Richelle only to see that she looks frozen in fear, not moving at all. I'm not going to do that to her! Not in a million years! Does she think that I will? It's not like she can't hear what's going on.

"Well?" Amanda asks impatiently.

"No," I say sternly, "I'm not doing that to her."

"If you don't say yes in the next three seconds, I'm going to shoot- one, two-"

"Okay! Yes!"

What have I just said? I don't want to die! I don't want to be shot! But I basically just agreed to raping Richelle. Oh God, I'm a terrible person. I put my life before hers. Why did I just act so selfishly? I'm too afraid to die, but maybe saying nothing at all would've been better than what I have to do now.

"Good," Amanda says with a fake smile before grabbing Richelle out of her cell and putting her in front of me. "Now show us."

No. No. No. Not Richelle. Not anyone. I can't do this. Even though I can't see her eyes, I know that there are tears in them- I'm not doing this! It's that point where I notice that Amanda has something showing out of the top of her pocket- a gun. Oh no. If I refuse, will I get shot by either person? What abou-

"Stop!"

What? Who was that? We all turn towards the stair case and see a relieving sight- Noah and a policeman. I feel my breathing drop to a normal point and a smile appear on my face. But that soon changes when I feel and hand cover my mouth and another pulling me backwards. Then, I feel a cold, metal object beside the side of my head- a gun.

I quickly turn my head to my right where I see the exact same thing happening to Richelle, and Amanda holding the gun instead of the guy (who I'm one hundred percent sure is behind me, holding the gun to my head). Oh no. I'm going to get shot. Richelle's going to get shot. This is it.

Noah's pov
"No!" I yell as I see Eldon and Richelle held at gunpoint, not being able to escape. "Let them go!"

"In your dreams!" Amanda shouts back at me- what a horrible person, and her boyfriend too- horrible, horrible people. "If you come any closer, we'll shoot!"

A dead silence fills the room for about ten seconds, until I whisper to PC Jones (the policeman if you didn't quite catch that), "What do we do?"

"I've got a gun that shoots bullets that will knock people out, not kill them," he replies, looking down at his gun, letting me have a small glance to. "I'll try shooting them with that."

"Good idea."

"What are you two saying?" Amanda's boyfriend yells and suddenly points the gun away from Eldon and at us- uh oh.

But suddenly Eldon takes advantage of that, and elbows him in the face hard, knocking him to the ground in pain. Eldon quickly grabs his gun and points it at him, and the man looks slightly scared, but then smirks and says, "You don't have the guts to."

"You're right," Eldon replies and quickly throws me the gun, "I don't because I'm not a murderer, or a pyscho like you."

Bang! PC Jones quickly fires his gun at the man on the ground, knocking him out for a while- now we just need to do the same for Amanda. Why don't we just shoot her now you may ask, the answer is simple. If we shot her now, she could easily pull the trigger and shoot Richelle in the head, letting the bullet go right through the brain, killing her just before she falls to the ground unconscious. So no, we can't shoot now.

We begin to walk closer to her, but quickly stop when she shouts, "Don't come any further! Don't come any further! You just killed my boyfriend you awful people!"

"He's not dead," PC Jones speaks up, "he's just unconscious."

"That doesn't mean you can do the same to me! If you shoot, I'll pull the trigger!"

No! How on earth are we going to do this? Poor Richelle! She must be terrified! Her eyes are shut and most of her hair is covering her face, trying to hide herself. Oh Richelle! I'm going save you! You're going to be okay! We heard what they were saying before we got down here from above! She was going to be raped by Eldon, and now she could be shot. But I'm not letting that happen! I love her too much!

"Amanda," I say calmly, "listen to me, please. You don't want to hurt Richelle, okay? If you do, you're going to end up in more trouble than you're already in. I understand that you're angry and upset about what just happened, but please, let her go."

"Why should I let her go? It's not like she matters!"

"Of course she does!" Eldon yells in Richelle's defence, taking the words right out of my mouth, which makes Amanda roll her eyes.

"Amanda," I say sternly yet calmly, hoping that my last shot at saving Richelle will work, "do you really want the guilt of killing someone on you for the rest of your life?"

There's a long pause before the gun is pulled away from Richelle's head, and is dropped to the floor. Wait, did what I say save Richelle. Her eyes open, and we all stare at Amanda.

"I'll come quietly," she mumbles as she stares at her unconscious boyfriend on the floor and PC Jones walks over to her with handcuffs.

I did it. I did it! I saved Richelle! Instantly, I run over to her and embrace her into the largest hug ever, her head resting on my shoulder, a few tears spilling down both of our cheeks. I tightly wrap my arms around her back, and hers around my neck.

"You're safe now, Richelle, I promise."

*******

Long chapter for you all! Don't worry, this isn't the end ❤️
1431 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.3K 634 17
I look at him with tearful eyes and ask him one more time. "Why would you ever try to replace me? Am I not good enough?" His eyes fall to the floor a...
83K 1.4K 9
Noah and Richelle are given a duet for regionals but Jacquie is determined to get Richelle out of the picture so she can take her place. 🌟Rated #1...
32.8K 858 94
Welcome to a book full of Briar Nolet , Myles Erlick, Bryles and The Next Step ! 😍 🔥#1 in #thenextstep from July 22th 2018 to July 25th, 2018🔥 🔥#...
68.2K 1.7K 61
They go to the same coffee shop everyday, but at different times. One note changes the lives of two very broken teens in need of change.