Chapter 28

*Sorry for any mistakes*

Noah's pov
Soon enough, Eldon and I are bundled into my car; me in the driver's seat, him in the passenger's. We agreed that I'd drive if he would tell me the directions, so I hope that I don't take any wrong turns and get us lost.

Before I begin to drive, Eldon quickly pulls out a map that is kept in the glove compartment, and quickly finds our destination. His fingers trace up and down the small lines representing roads on the map, and I can't help but think about how upset Richelle must be feeling right now. She's been taken away from here, again, and- then something hits me that I didn't even think about because I was too worried about her being sold.

She won't just be upset; she'll be in pain. Lots of physical (and partly emotional, but more physical) pain. My mind races back to when I first found her, to when I first saw how beaten up she looked. Her face was swollen and covered in blood, her legs had marks all over them- more like scars. And now it's going to be worse because she ran away and got away with it. Now they're going to be making it bad for her- like revenge.

But then a small sign of hope runs into my thoughts; if she looks practically dead, no one will want her. So, they can't hit her so much that she looks awful, otherwise they won't make any money. But then again, they could just take her off the selling list, wait until she heals, and then put her back on it. Thinking about it that's what they'll probably do!

"Eldon, have you found it?" I ask quickly, my palms beginning to sweat as I become agitated from my thoughts. "We have to go now!"

"Yes!" He replies, pointing to a location on the map and then circling it with a pen. "It's right there! Now drive, Noah, turn left!"

I do as he says, taking a left from my drive, passing all the identical houses on the way. Once we reach the end of the estate's road, he directs me, "Now turn right! Keep driving until you get to the next 't' junction, then turn right again. Got it?"

"Got it!" I reply, pushing my foot down on the pedal making us zoom down the road at top speed. I soon stop though, I don't want a speeding ticket, or to cause an accident!

And so we carry on like that for the rest of the journey; Elon directing me which way to go and telling me the speed limits on different parts of the road. Occasionally, he tells me that we'll get to Richelle in time, and that she's going to be okay. Obviously he hasn't thought about the pain she is (or will be) in, but it's nice to know that he has hope for her. I just hope that this plan works; my last one (to catch Amanda through all the cool equipment) didn't work. But this one has to work. Richelle was always more important than Amanda. And if I don't get Richelle back, I don't know what I'll do.

After about three hours of travelling, we arrive at the address of the place where Richelle should be. It looks like a normal house from the outside, but it's on its own. This is not an estate, it's just at the end of the road. It certainly doesn't look like somewhere where you'd sell girls! Gosh, I feel so bad for al, of them. Maybe it won't just be Richelle that we can save. In fact, if we do get Richelle back, we can take her to the police where she can report Amanda and what's his face.

"Uh, Noah," Eldon says, and I soon realise that he's already at the house's steps, close to the front door. "Take a look at this."

He points to the floor where I can see a red splo- no, it's more like a small puddle. Wait, red puddle, Richelle most likely being hurt adds up to that that 'red puddle' is Richelle's blood. Oh boy....