My Southern Belle

By MariJiraM

Chloe Ellison 25 and is a second grade teacher from Texas. When she's not teaching her students 4×4, she ridi... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Authors Note
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
Quick Authors Note
NEW BOOK!!!
AUTHORS NOTE ‼️‼️

62

40.9K 1.2K 198
By MariJiraM

(Val's POV)

"Get up." I said hitting Nick with a pillow

"For what?'

"Its time to go." He looked up at me and then at the clock

"The hell are you doing up at 4:30? Its dark as hell outside. The sky is asleep so I'm asleep." He turned over and pulled the covers over his head

"I will shoot you in your ass if you don't get up."

"No you won't. This is a hotel and they will hear you."

"I have a silencer on my gun. Do you really want to try this?"

"Ugh! Fine." He got up and went into the bathroom. He got his toothbrush and towel on the way.

"You really think we have time for that?"

"Didn't you wash?"

"Yeah but I was up early enough. You better make it quick."

He rolled his eyes and walked into the bathroom. Ten minutes later he was out and ready.

"So we have to meet Margo at some place. I don't know what the place is exactly she just gave me an address and said to go there." I said

"You don't know where we're going but you'll just- never mind let's go."

The car ride there was pretty silent until Nick broke the silence.

"You know, you've told me about your while relationship with Chloe. You have to stop this Sooner or later or your relationship won't be able to last any longer. God forbid somebody can die."

"You think I want to be here right now? I stopped. I stopped missions and I stopped getting shot at for my family. I was honorably discharged, got off of the field and I took the desk job and I still end up in trouble. I swear I'm just as confused as you on why this is happening. I know my family can't keep going through this but what do you want me to do? I have no control over this one. I was targeted. I don't know what to do. I don't want to risk what I have but when what I have is targeted then that's when I have to do what I have to do. Don't try to give me a fucking speech when you don't know what I'm going through. I'm trying. I'm really trying to hold everything togther and just when I thought things were good here I am going on another adventure."

He didn't say anything for the rest of the ride. I'm not sure if it was what I said it if he just didn't want to go back and forth.

We met Margo at this place on the other side of town. It looked abandoned. She was there with a man and a car gaurded with like seven guys who were heavily armed.

"Who were expecting? The president?" I asked

"Very funny but we don't need to lose you before you actually get to Cuba so I got some security. I have a couple other trucks and cars around here. This vehicle will take you to a air port and a jet will take you to where you need to be." Margo said

"And what about my family?"

"Already on it. People are on stand by at the hospital as well. This is Mr. Mark Summers. He is the man who help put all of this together. He has the plans and locations of what is happening and before you say anything you can not do everything by yourself Dexter so don't say you already know what's going on. Learn teamwork."

"How did you know?"

"I have a PhD in psychology and sociology. I observe and remember and try to get in your head. I know everything."

"Where I come from that called voodoo magic." Nick said

"Ok, its time for us to get a move on things. We need to be to the jet in an hour." Mr. Summers said

When we arrived, there were secret service looking dudes there and I spotted a sniper. I guess you have to be prepared for anything.

"Ok so here's the deal, tweleve men are going with you. We will have eyes in the sky and on ground when you land. You will receive your weapons when you get there and you will stay with a friend of mine. Her name is Abigail and she will make sure you're safe. You will stay in her house until the mission is over and she will explain the rest. Margo and I will be at another spot. Nick, we have the top technology waiting for you use it wisely. When you get more information contact us so we can always be a step ahead of you when your aoj the move so we can make sure you're secure. Are there any questions?"

"Is there any food on this jet? I didn't eat breakfast. Nick asked We all just looked at him. "I'm taking that as a no." He said leaning back in his chair

"You will eat when you land." Margo said

"Great. I hope its good considering it may be my last meal."

I'm not sure how long the ride was. I fell asleep and was awakened by Nick. When we got to the house it was surprisingly small. It looked like a regular house from the outside, but the inside was full of technology.

"This is what I call in cognito." I said

"This place is equipped with everything your computer nerd needs." Margo said nodding towards Nick

"Her computer nerd? Since when did I become your property?"

"She didn't mean it like that. She's just saying you're like a sidekick."

"A sidekick?!"

"Oh my god. Just forget it." I said sitting down."

"Hello my name is Abigail and I am here to assist you. I'm sorry if I mess up on my words I'm still working on my English." She gave a big smile. She was a gorgeous woman. She had long brown hair and and green eyes. She wasn't very tall at all maybe around five feet even. Almost midget like compared to me.

"Hello my name is Valentine and this is Nick." I said shaking her hand and so did Nick

"I've heard a lot about you. All good things. Margo tells me you are the best and that Nick is a asshole."

"Well damn. I feel the love." Nick said

"Its the truth but he is a very intelligent asshole." I said

"Well that's great. Now I know you've had a long flight so you guys can freshen up in the bathrooms in the back and dinner will be ready shortly." Abigail said as she walked away. I looked at Nick who was basically staring a whole in her shirt as he watched her walk away

"Don't even think about." I said

"What do you mean?" He said with a grin

"You are terrible. You're wife is in the hospital and you're here plotting on our Cuban guide."

"Calm down goody-two-shoes. I'm not plotting on anything. We are here on business and that's all I'm focused on."

"Don't make me kick your ass before we leave." He shrugged and walked off

I got up and got my things to take a shower. I stood under the hot water as it ran down my body. So many things were going through my mind. Like, how did I end up here and why doesn't the universe want to see me happy? I gave up everything I loved for the ones I love and I still end up miles away. I'm so tired of this and I'm not even thirty yet. I know Chloe is too. I swear I couldn't be in her position. She is something special.

When I got out of the shower I checked my phone to check in with my family. Everyone but Chloe and Carter were in the living room. They were in the kitchen eating. Carter was telling her how he can't wait until he gets bigger so he can be a doctor in space. He stills has that dream and is sticking to it. I laughed and then realized that Nick had to be working extremely fast to put cameras in the house along with audio. He may be a dickhead and a lying cheating bastard but he very skilled at what he does and I know it doesn't give him a pass but it gives him brownie points.

About an hour later, Abigail came in and told us dinner was ready.

"Wow this looks and smells great." Nick said walking into the dining room. It was cozy and I felt like I was in my grandmas house which was weird.

"I hope you guys like fish. We have baked fish, rice and beans. What would you like to drink?"

"Water will be all for me." I said

"Me too." Nick said

"Ok so, the first thing we do is have them capture Nick." Marho said

"The hell if we do! Why me? Why not the start of the operation?" Nick said

"You won't be in there alone. You'll have a ear piece with you. We will be in your ear the whole time."

"Last time I checked that's still alone. When you're not alone someone is physically with you."

"We will have people close behind. We won't lose sight of you and when you get to them we'll send them in."

"No. No no no no no."

"I'll do it. They want me anyway." I said

"You sure?" Mr. Summers asked

"Yeah. We'll need him alive and nine times out of ten he won't come back breathing. He has little to none survival skills and will probably die from a heart attack instead of a bullet wound."

"Ok then its set. You'll go in and since Nick isn't he'll be apart of communication."

"That's all?" I asked

"That's all we have for right now. So get some rest. We have a lot to do to do over the next couple of days. Mr. Summers and I will be leaving now. If you need anything you know how to contact us." Margo said. They both left and Abigail showed us where we would be sleeping.

As I laid down Nick started talking and I really wasn't in the mood to talk to him

"Do you think Margo and that guy, Summers have something gong on?"

"I don't know and I don't care." I turned over to face the wal

"All I'm saying is-"

"Nicholas please shut the fuck up."

"Fine. You could have said it nicer though."

I heard him turn over and I was finally able to relax and go to sleep

(Chloe's POV)

I'm not sure what I'm feeling anymore. I love Val. That's all I know and its killing me. I know its not her fault this time but come on. So much has happened and its only been a year and a couple months. It seems like so much longer than that and I know she's the one out there but I'm exhausted. Mentally trying to stay strong and not break down in tears every five minutes. Carter is doing his best to keep me happy and help with the twins. I'm so grateful for him. Also, thanksgiving is tomorrow and we were supposed to have our first thanksgiving in out new house as a family. Instead I'm with my family. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and I love spending the holidays with them but I was kind of expecting to have my own thanksgiving with my little family. I would have loved for my family to come to my house this year.

"Chloe, can you peel those sweet potatoes for me?" My mama asked

"Yeah sure."

"What can I do Nana?" Carter asked

"You can help me make the red velvet cake and the carrot cake."

"Eww, carrot cake is nasty."

"Well, your grandpa loves it. I also need your help with the peach cobbler. That's your mama's favorite."

"I love that too. Especially with vanilla ice cream."

"That's great. I'll be back, I'm going to get some stuff from the store." My dad said

"Papa can I come?" Carter asked

"Sure. Put on some shoes and meet me in the car."

"Ok." Carter ran to the back and came back with his shoes on and a sweater. "I'll be back mama and Nana."

"Ok sweetheart." My mama said as he ran out the door

"I can't help falling in love with yoooooou!" Calvin said singing to his new baby girl Fern.

I didn't chose the name and neither did Calvin. The weird part is that none of us knew his wife was pregnant and so she went to the hospital thinking she had food poisoning and came home with a baby. It was weird and I thought those TV shows were fake but apparently you can go a whole nine months without knowing you were pregnant. Knowing my mama she doubted the baby was Calvin's but she came out with the same blue eyes and blonde hair as Calvin. She kinda looks like my mom but it's too early to make out her features just yet.

"Mama I'll be back I have to go and check on the horses. After I'm done with the sweet potatoes can you watch the twins for thirty minutes? I have to make sure the caregiver has everything under control."

"No problem."

"Thank you."

When I was done peeling potatoes, I drove to the stables to check on Midnight and Blue Eyes. The caregiver, Rita, was just about to leave.

"Hi Chloe." She said as I walked over to her

"Hey I was checking on the horses."

"Oh, well they are ok. Midnight was being stubborn about eating yesterday but she's good now. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"No I'm fine. I wouldnt want to keep you from your family a day before Thanksgiving. Thank you for taking care of them."

"Its my job. Well I guess I should be going now." She walked away and I watched her as she got into her car.

I walked over into the stables and saw Midnight was sleeping but Blue Eyes wasn't. I took her out of the stable and saddled up. I rode her around for awhile just trying to clear my mind. I rode by the cactus and started smiling when because I remembered the time I forced Val on the horse and she fell into the cactus. I chuckled and finished my journey around the field. I looked at my phone it was almost eight. I put Blue Eyes back in her stable and told them both goodnight. When I got home Carter and my mama were in the kitchen cooking while my dad was playing with the twins.

"Jake and Josh are getting so big. Soon they will be going to pre-K and then high school and then have little families of their own."

"Calm down. Let them learn how to walk and talk first."

"Mama mama taste this!" Carter said running into the living room holding a spoon. "Nana made icing." He forced the spoon into my mouth and stood there until I gave a reaction.

"Its really good." I said wiping the icing off of my face

"Thanks I helped." My phone started ringing and I didn't recognize the number

"Hello?"

"Hi sweetheart." Its only been a couple of days but my heart stopped beating when I heard Val's voice.

"Hi honey." My voice started to crack and I could feel tears running down my face

"I- I don't really know what to say. I'm sorry I'm going to miss thanksgiving with you guys."

"Shhh. Don't worry. Everything is fine."

"Can I speak to the boys?"

"Yeah sure." I put the phone on speaker and gave it to carter who was sitting next to the twins

"Hey kiddo." Val said

"Hi mom. Guess what?'

"What?"

"I made icing with Nana and I made cake with Nana too."

"That's great. Make sure to save me some. Are you holding down the fort like I told you to?"

"Yeah and I give her kisses every five minutes."

"That's good." She chuckled. "As for the twins, I know you two can't talk back but I love you and don't drive everyone crazy. That's Carter's job." Everyone laughed and then I took the phone back

"So do you know when you'll be back?"

"Hopefully soon. I have to go but I just wanted to tell you that I love you and I miss you."

"I love you and miss you too. Make it home safe."

"I will. Talk to you later."

We hung up and I sat there for a minute before going into the kitchen to help my mama and Carter. We had a lot of food is cook in a short amount of time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 50.3K 120
~ girlxgirl ~ studentxprincipal ~ studentxteacher ~ womanxwoman ~ ****Mature Content, Strong Language, Sexual Content**** Love. Love can be a forbidd...
117K 3.1K 78
My lips part slightly, as I watch her move her body to the rhythm. She runs her hands through her hair as she moves her body sensually slow with her...
1.5K 29 28
Chloe Johnson, 24 years old, has always loved the idea of true love. That all changed when her boyfriend, Ethan, broke up a six year relationship for...
56.4K 1.4K 17
An 17 year old girl, lily had feelings for someone, that someone was her Teacher who happens to be marry. Mrs heart a 24 year old. Lily never had it...