The Youngest Mikaelson

Av mermaidmadness321

Next to no one knows her and whoever does doesn't remember her. What happens when she comes back? "Legend has... Mer

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 14

13.6K 332 160
Av mermaidmadness321

Stefan Salvatore paced the length of the parlor as he waited for the rest of his friends to show up. He still hadn't revealed the letter that Erikah had written to her family and he just knew that they were beginning to suspect that there was something up.

Ever since he had gotten the letter he had been avoiding the Mikaelson mansion. He had spent a majority of the next day holed up in his room, also avoiding his brother and Elena.

Stefan's phone buzzed again and he sighed loudly before pulling the device out of his pocket.

From: Bekah
Are you ok
I haven't seen you since late yesterday
Get back to me when you're free.

Stefan quickly shoved his phone into his pocket as the front door of the Boarding House was opened and closed. He looked up to see Caroline and Bonnie enter, followed by Tyler.

Caroline's eyes immediately found Stefan's and she gave him a look of confusion. Stefan simply nodded his head and went and got himself a drink.

"Ok, Lockwood. Why'd you call us all here?" Damon asked after a silence had fallen over the group. Stefan quietly sipped from his glass as he took a look around the room.

Damon stood near the couch, back leaned against the wall and arms crossed. Elena seemed to be hovering around him and Stefan could pinpoint a slight annoyance in his brother's gaze. Matt Donovan stood apart from the couple, his eyes glued on Caroline with a look like he was trying to decipher a puzzle. Jeremy was standing right next to Matt, looking like he wanted to be anywhere else.

Stefan couldn't say he was shocked. Caroline did seem different—more confident, surer of herself. Older even. And knowing everything he now knew made her transition from Caroline Forbes to Caroline Mikaelson easier for him to comprehend.

For the human, however, Stefan could only imagine what was going through his mind.

Stefan gulped down a mouthful of bourbon as his gaze left the human and went to Bonnie. The dark skinned witch stood next to Caroline, her usual aura of confidence surrounding her. Her eyes scanned the room, a slight glare entering her eyes as her gaze settled on Elena.

Caroline stood facing the center of the room, where Tyler resided, a slight smile on her face as she looked down at her phone. Stefan could bet his life that she was texting Klaus. 

"We have a problem—" Tyler began but Bonnie cut him off.

"I swear to god if this is about the Originals again." Tyler gave her a confused look before he started vigorously shaking his head.

"It's not." He said before he looked around the room.  "I think there's a hunter here. He shook my hand but he had vervain gloves. And then he tried to shoot me with wooden bullets."

A silence settled over the room as everyone processed what was going on.

"Are you sure you didn't just piss someone off and trying to get us to handle it?" Damon broke the silence and Stefan rolled his eyes.

"I've never seen this guy before. He looks like he's just trying to find us out. He might have no idea who's a vampire here."

"Good then we'll be on the lookout." Caroline finally spoke up. "I gotta go now but thanks Tyler." Without waiting for anyone's answer, she flashed out the front door.

Everyone went silent again—Matt, Elena, and Tyler shocked by Caroline's odd behavior. Stefan's mind went back to the letter he had received from Erikah.

An old friend has escaped his cage.

Stefan wondered who this old friend was and if they would potentially cause trouble for anyone in Mystic Falls.

"So, I'm not the only who've noticed it right?" Matt spoke up and everyone turned to him. "Care is acting weird. She seems..." He trailed off as if searching for the right word. "different."

"Yeah. I noticed it after the ball." Elena looked over at Bonnie briefly before she sighed and continued. "I think the Originals did something to her."

Stefan rolled his eyes and gave his brother a look to which Damon just shrugged and walked away from his brunette girlfriend. "Look, Elena." Stefan began placatingly because he didn't have time to deal with her right now. "They didn't hurt Caroline. You just need to talk to her."

"So you agree that they did something."

"It's not my place to say." Stefan answered simply as his phone buzzed again. "I gotta go." And then he began walking towards the front door.

"Where are you going? Why do you barely spend time with us anymore?"

Stefan rolled his eyes and turned back to the doppelgänger. "I have something to take care of at the moment and forgive me if I don't want to spend time with the ex- girlfriend that chose my brother."

Elena immediately looked down at her feet at his statement, her expression housing guilt.

"See you at the Pastor's funeral, right baby brother?" Damon broke the awkward silence.

"Yeah." Stefan nodded. He then looked around the room, his gaze briefly pausing on Tyler, before he turned back to his brother. "Be careful."

~~~

"So tell me again, what exactly is going on?" Erikah turned to her friend from the passenger seat of his car.

Her friend sighed before he parked the car and looked at her. "Two sort-of friends of mine got themselves taken by some of my very powerful old friends."

Erikah nodded and began drumming her fingers against the dashboard. "And these very powerful old friends have no idea who you really are." She confirmed and he nodded.

"Also, my brother is freed now and might show up."

Erikah narrowed her eyes at him, her fingers tattooing a faster beat. "He's definitely coming here isn't he?" She asked though she figured that she already knew the answer.

"I wouldn't say definitely but a good 90%." He answered with a smirk and Erikah just rolled her eyes.

"Just go save your friends. I'll be out here if you truly need me."

Her friend nodded gratefully before he opened his door and exited the car. Once he walked into the small hotel Erikah took the opportunity to observe her surroundings.

They had driven to the middle of nowhere—the location most likely closely guarded. The car had been parked in front of a small building with a huge neon blue sign displayed on the front reading Elysian Fields Hotel.

Erikah looked around, trying to find any distinguishing features on the landscape but she couldn't find any. It was like the hotel was dropped in the middle of nowhere, the location entirely a coincidence.

Erikah was pulled from her thoughts by the buzzing of her phone. She sighed and reached into her pocket to grab the small device, the screen lighting up when she touched it. She saw that she had three messages, one each from Caroline, Stefan, and Rebekah.

From: Caroline
Why exactly did you leave and where did you go

From: Stefan
Is there any chance you could tell me who your friend is

From: Rebekah
They're freaking out. Just contact us asap

Erikah sighed and shut the phone completely off. She would contact them when she was done helping with this little mission here. She wanted to be completely disconnected from Mystic Falls—even for just a day.

The blonde Original reached into her pocket and pulled out a necklace, turning it over in her hand. It was a silver chain with a vial-like pendant, the vial filled with a blue luminescent substance. Erikah eyed the vial, memories flooding her mind. She closed her eyes as she remembered herself in her human years, remembered herself before she had gotten this necklace—this gift.

Her eyes flew open as she felt the pendant heat up in her hand. She watched as the blue turned to red and the vial became increasingly hotter.

Erikah narrowed her eyes as she remembered what that meant.

"You will know I'm close when this turns bright red and starts heating up."

Erikah shoved the necklace back into her pocket and got out of the car. She took a deep breath and walked, at a human's pace, to the entrance of the hotel. The moment she touched the door she felt his presence. She closed her eyes momentarily before she pulled the door open and stepped in.

Erikah paused, listening to the conversation between him and the dark haired desk clerk.

"You know, I never understood you pagans." He was saying. "Always fighting, always happy to sell out your own kind. No wonder you forfeited this planet to us. You are worse than humans. You're worse than demons." He paused and the desk clerk stared at him, face grim and eyes wide with fear. "And yet...you claim to be gods."

Erikah rolled her eyes, tired of the chatter, before she flashed behind the clerk. Her fangs elongated from her gums and the veins rippled under her eyes, her eyes becoming blood red. She threw her head back before she punctured his neck with her fangs.

Erikah savagely drank from him for a few seconds until his head detached from his body, blood spraying everywhere. Finally, she turned to face him. "And I thought I was prideful."

He had a bright smile on his face, amusement swimming in his eyes. "Erikah Mikaelson."

"Hey, Luci." She answered, a smile on her bloody lips as she licked the blood from her fingers. "Did you miss me?"

~~~

Damon Salvatore stepped through the front door of the church, fashionably late as one would call it, and dabbed his hand in the holy water, touching his forehead, chest, and shoulders in the formation of a cross. "Don't know why that always makes me smile."

He chuckled to himself before he looked up to see Elena and the rest of their friends staring at him. He rolled his eyes and went to sit in the row with Elena, Matt, Jeremy, and Alaric.

Once he sat down he leaned close to Elena, his hand brushing against hers. "Where's Stefan?" Elena shrugged and pointed across the room. Damon looked to where she pointed to see a whole row filled with the Originals.

On the end nearest to the aisle sat Bonnie and next to her was Kol. Then it was Rebekah and Stefan, followed by Caroline and Klaus. At the end was Katherine and Elijah. The only one missing was Erikah.

Damon's heart lurched at her absence. Where was she? Did he drive her out of town?

He shook his head to dispel the thoughts and realized that Kol and Rebekah were watching him. They both wore twin smirks and raised their hands to give him a small wave. Damon rolled his eyes and looked away from them to the front of the church where Carol Lockwood was talking.

"April? April, are you still here, honey?" Carol was calling for the Pastor's daughter but no one got up to the podium. Damon looked around the church in confusion, trying to see if he could find the girl, but no one moved at the mention of the name. Elena took a deep breath beside him and grabbed onto his hand.

"What's wrong?" Damon whispered and Elena moved closer to his ear.

"I didn't feed today." She answered and Damon closed his eyes in annoyance.

"Why not?"

"Pastor Young ran an anti-vampire council and this is his funeral." She began. "I thought I was being respectful."

"Yeah and he's dead." Damon hissed but Elena just looked at him. Before he could react she pulled her hand from his and stood up.

"I'll say something." She said aloud to Mrs. Lockwood. She gave Damon a long look before she walked up to the podium. Damon sighed deeply just as he heard Stefan's voice clear as day, as if his brother was sitting right next to him.

"What's wrong with her?" He asked, concern evident in his voice. "She doesn't look good."

"She didn't feed today." Damon looked over at his brother and saw that he had worry written all over his face. He saw Kol whisper something to Bonnie which caused her to jerk her head up to look at Elena at the podium, a look identical to Stefan's on her face.

"I uh—when I talked to April earlier she was kind of nervous about coming up to speak." Elena spoke, her voice breathy and her hands slightly shaking as her gaze raked over the humans. "And now that I'm up here, I'm kind of nervous too." Damon glanced over at Stefan, who just had his gaze glued to Elena. She gripped the sides of the podium as she continued. "The worst day of loving someone is the day that you lose them."

As soon as Elena uttered those words a metallic, tangy odor entered the air. Damon kept his gaze on Elena as she gripped the podium tighter and swallowed thickly, recognizing the smell of blood.

"Do you smell that?" Ric asked quietly next to him and Damon subtly nodded. He turned to where his brother was and realized that Stefan's control was slipping.

His brother had his hand tightly locked with Rebekah's and was taking long, deep breaths.

Suddenly an idea occurred to Damon. If Tyler was right, and there was a hunter in town then this would be the perfect way to figure out who was a vampire. Just spill some fresh blood and—

"Nobody move." Damon whispered, though he knew that the vampires could hear him. "Don't turn around, it's a trap." Damon turned his full attention to Elena at the podium.

"I—umm." She was struggling with what she had to say so Damon stood abruptly and went to her.

"It's ok. I got you." Damon pulled her into a hug and began walking her back to their bench. "Elena calm down." Damon whispered as he saw the veins begin to creep up under her eyes.

"The blood, Damon. It's too much." Elena said, her voice breathy and fingers wrapped up in Damon's shirt.

"What's wrong with her?" Matt asked as he leaned closer. Damon took a deep breath, pulling Elena even closer to his body and turned to the human.

"She's hungry. She hasn't fed all day."

"Then get her out of here." Matt uttered as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

Damon rolled his eyes in annoyance and just refocused on the shivering brunette wrapped up in his arms. "I can't. Someone's watching us."

"I have a solution." Damon heard the familiar voice of Klaus drift over to his ears. "How about I just go rip his head off right now?"

"I agree with Klaus." Damon said quietly.

"Any one of you do that and you risk exposing us all." Damon heard the trembling voice of his baby brother. He looked over Elena's head to see Stefan still clutching Rebekah's hand and his jaw tightly clenched.

"The risk will be slightly diminished when his head is detached from his body."

"Damon." Elena warned, her voice and whole body trembling. Matt leaned closer to Damon and placed a hand on Elena's arm.

"Wait, Damon what if Elena feeds from me." Damon narrowed his eyes at the human as if he was dense. Did he not just say that they were being watched? "Everyone will think that she's just upset." Elena looked up at Matt, questions swirling in her eyes. "It's ok. You'll be ok."

Elena looked up at Damon, who just nodded his approval and passed her over to Matt. "Thank you." She muttered before she wrapped her arms around him and buried her face in his neck.

After a few seconds she pulled back and Matt adjusted his shirt, hiding the bite mark. Elena shuffled away from the boy, making sure to keep her head low as she wiped the excess blood from her lips.

"I can still smell the blood." She whispered lowly but still loud enough for the other vampires in the church to hear. "It's gotta be April. We have to help her."

"I'm not risking myself because you want to satiate your conscience." Damon heard Kol hiss and couldn't help nodding. Her father had almost turned the entire town against him so forgive him for not rushing to help her.

"Then I'll do it." Elena tried to move past Damon but he just reached a hand out and grabbed onto her arm, preventing her from moving. Just as he was about to say something Damon heard a throat clear over the microphone and looked up to see Tyler Lockwood standing at the podium.

"Excuse me. I would like to say a few words about Pastor Young." He began saying as Damon narrowed his eyes at him. Tyler took in the crowd, his eyes flitting across the faces in the crowd and briefly stopping on Caroline before he focused on his mom. "Back in first grade, I was a brat who couldn't be bothered with team sports. Didn't care much about anything that didn't affect me..." Damon rolled his eyes and tuned out the rest of the speech, instead opting to focus in on his surroundings to see if he could figure out where the hunter was.

It was about a minute later when he noticed the muzzle of a gun sticking out from behind a pilar on the balcony. The gun was pointed directly at Tyler. Before Damon could move, a shot rang out through the church.

Everyone began panicking and rushing out of the church but Damon kept his gaze locked on the man that was rushing down the stairs. He had two duffel bags with him that Damon suspected was filled with weapons.

"I'm gonna got find April." He heard Elena yell but he just shrugged her off and began following the crowd outside the church.

Once outside Damon looked past the crowd and saw the man getting into a pickup truck. Just as he was about to drive away, Damon flashed to the driver's side door and ripped it off.

Damon grabbed the man out of the truck and threw him onto the ground. The man pulled a gun from his ankle and shot Damon 4 times in the chest. The fact that it actually left wounds meant that they were wooden, meaning that Damon needed to get it away from the hunter now.

Damon grabbed the gun and threw it aside, momentarily distracting himself and giving the hunter the opportunity to gain the upper hand. The man swept Damon's legs out from under him, causing the vampire to fall on his back, the hunter immediately climbing over him.

The hunter grabbed a stake and held it above Damon's heart, about to plunge it in when there was a rush of wind and the man was thrown from on top of Damon. Damon flashed up to a fighting stance to see the hunter's truck rumbling away from the church and Klaus standing before him.

"You lot have some explaining to do."

~~~

Jeremy Gilbert sat down in the Mystic Grill, watching as everyone talked about Pastor Young's funeral from earlier. The topic of most of the conversations was not the actual dead man, but of the single gunshot that had rung out while Tyler Lockwood was at the podium.

The residents of the small town were all shocked—they couldn't believe that anyone would attempt to kill someone at a funeral—and worried about the boy but Jeremy knew better. He knew why Tyler had been shot at and by who.

Well, not exactly who but he knew that it was the new hunter in town. The one that Tyler had tried warning them about.

"Aren't you a little too young to be drinking?" Jeremy snapped his head to the side at the sound of the deep voice. The young Gilbert was faced with a dark-skinned man staring back at him.

Jeremy looked down at the semi-filled glass in his hand and back up at the man. "Uhh...yeah, yeah. It's such a small town that no one really pays attention to things like this anymore."

The man nodded and called the bartender over to order a drink of his own. "Well, it seems that I've chosen the wrong day to arrive in town?" Jeremy gave the man a confused look to which he just smiled slightly and gestured to the solemn crowd. "Funeral."

"Oh, yeah. Right." Jeremy answered before taking a mouthful of his drink. "Sorry, I'm a little out of it right now." Jeremy turned to fully face the man, his eyes caught on the swirling tattoo visible on the man's hands.

There was a compass design on the back of the man's hand and the designs seemed to stem from that. The tattoo disappeared up the man's sleeve. "Nice ink."

The man looked down at his arm and then back up at Jeremy, his eyebrows scrunched in confusion. "You can see that?"

Jeremy looked at the man incredulously but before he could answer he saw a flash of blonde hair as Caroline approached them.

"Finally!" She exclaimed as she got closer to them. "Jeremy we've been looking all over for you. Elena was freaking out."

"You were?" Caroline narrowed her eyes at him and Jeremy understood. "Yeah, you were."

Connor cleared his throat and held his hand out to the blonde vampire. "We haven't met. I'm Connor Jordan."

Caroline looked down at the man's hand for a long second before she looked back up at him. "Sorry I'm a bit of a germaphobe." The man slowly lowered his hand as he watched her with suspicion. "Anyway, sorry for interrupting but with everything going on his sister just wants to know where he is."

"Yeah, I get it. I would too." Connor answered and a bright smile lit Caroline's face.

"Good. Now, come on, Jeremy." Caroline made sure not to touch him as they hurried through the door of the Mystic Grill.

Once outside and effectively out of view of anyone in the small diner, Caroline took out her phone and dialed a number.

"Hey." She said as soon as the phone picked up. "We have a problem."

~~~

The lights throughout the hotel flickered as Erikah walked down the long hallway next to Lucifer. Suddenly, a room door opened and an old man with thinning gray hair stepped through, ready for a fight. Erikah reacted faster than her companion and flashed up to the man—god?—and ripped through the man's neck as he screamed loudly, no doubt causing panic to the other occupants of the hotel.

As she threw the man's limp body to the floor another one stepped through a different door. This one looked younger but had more body fat than the last. He also had darker skin and was completely bald.

Erikah didn't have to move to oppose him because Lucifer just snapped his fingers and the gigantic man exploded in a burst of blood and chunks of flesh.

Just then Lucifer grabbed the approaching arm of another one of their opponents, effectively breaking it, before he turned to give Erikah a smile. He raised his eyebrow as if saying your turn. Erikah just rolled her eyes before giving him a wolfish grin and flashing up to the man.

She plunged her hand through his chest, blood immediately started pulsing through his mouth as he gasped out in pain, and ripped his heart out. Erikah then ripped his head off just to be sure.

The hallway was quiet as Erikah and Lucifer stood in the midst of the corpses, bloodied and smiling.

"You seriously couldn't have been cleaner?" Erikah asked playfully, examining her clothes and hair that were now red and sticky with blood.

"Says Ms. Decapitation." Erikah rolled her eyes and ran her semi-clean hand through her hair. Lucifer's eyes followed her hand, pinned to an exact finger. Erikah brought her hand down and cradled it, preparing for his remark. "So, you're married now."

Erikah hesitated before a smirk formed on her bloody lips. "Jealous?"

Lucifer rolled his eyes. "You know I've only ever wanted you to be happy."

Erikah smiled at that before she let out a long sigh. "Coming from the literal devil, I don't know if that's a good thing."

Lucifer hummed before he turned to look down the hallway, his eyes finding the dead bodies again. The lights began flickering again and Erikah could sense that the playful mood had dissipated.

"You wouldn't be stalling would you?" Lucifer suddenly asked.

She gave him a long look before she answered. "Lead the way." He hummed before he turned from her and began walking down the hall. Erikah sighed before she began following him.

As they neared what appeared to be a grand ballroom Erikah heard people talking.

"It's him." A male voice said and Erikah knew they were talking about Lucifer.

"How?" Came a female voice.

"Does it matter?" Asked a different male voice. "Shazzam us outta here, would ya?" The second male voice ordered.

"We can't." A third male voice said, regret filling his tone.

"Of course you can't." Lucifer announced as he pushed open the ballroom door and stepped in, Erikah trailing behind him. "You didn't say 'mother, may I?' Sam, Dean, good to see you again."

Erikah looked around the room to see 4 people. There were two men—presumably Sam and Dean—standing in a fighting stance, simultaneously in position to protect each other. Erikah would have guessed that they were close friends or family.

Then there was the woman wearing a red dress shirt and a formal skirt, standing a little in front of them. And finally, there was a man in a tailored suit standing in front of everyone as if he was the leader.

Erikah narrowed her eyes as she continued to look around the room, scrunching up her eyebrows when she didn't see her friend that got her here in the first place.

"Who are you?" Erikah was snapped out of her reverie when the question was asked, the eyes of the shorter of the men directed at her. "You Satan's groupie or something?"

"No!" Both Erikah and Lucifer yelled out simultaneously. They looked at each other before they turned back to the other four occupants of the room.

Before anyone else could say anything the man in the suit stepped forward with a scowl. "Baldur, don't!" The woman yelled but the man didn't listen to her.

"You think you own the planet?" The man stepped closer, his face twisted in rage. "What gives you the right?" He lunged after Lucifer but Erikah stepped a couple millimeters in front of her companion and held her hand out.

Baldur stopped in his tracks and looked down to see the blonde's hand buried in his chest. He attempted to screamed but only a gurgled sound left his throat as blood poured from his lips.

Erikah felt Lucifer lean over her shoulder, no doubt an arrogant smile on his face. "No one gives us the right, we take it." The man's eyes widened as Lucifer raised his hand and wiggled his fingers. Erikah tightened her hold on his heart and pulled, ripping the man's heart through his chest before tossing it aside.

Erikah threw the body carelessly to the ground before looking up to see the woman's arms engulfed in flames. She raised her arms and blasted flames in Erikah and Lucifer's direction. Erikah reacted quickly and flashed behind Lucifer, using his body as a shield against the fire.

Of course the fire wouldn't kill her but she didn't exactly want to get 3rd degree burns either.

Erikah looked around to room and saw that the other two men had taken cover behind overturned tables. She also felt her friend's presence in the room for the first time since she had arrived.

After a few seconds the fire dissipated and the woman dropped her hands to her side. Her face morphed into a look of horror and confusion as she look at Lucifer's undamaged body. Lucifer smiled mockingly at her before he hit her with an uppercut to the chin, sending her flying across the room.

"Luce." Erikah called as she tried to grab onto his arm to hold him in place. Lucifer merely gave her a look before he shrugged her off and went after the fallen woman. He raised his foot to stomp her head in but was suddenly blown back through the door.

Erikah looked up to see her friend standing in front of the woman, a long blade in his hand. He gave her a smile before he turned to his older brother. "Luci, I'm home." He called. Lucifer gave his brother a look before he looked down at the woman still lying on the ground. "Not this time." Her friend reached down and picked up the woman, shoving her towards the other two men in the room. "Guys! Get her out of here."

Lucifer watched as the three people left the room before he turned a narrowed gaze at his brother, his eyes only pausing briefly on Erikah. "Really, Gabriel? You two are ganging up on me over a girl?" Lucifer's eyes twinkled with amusement.

"Lucifer, you're my brother. And I love you." Gabriel began with a long sigh. "But you are a great big bag of dicks."

Lucifer stepped a little closer, causing Gabriel to back up a little and Erikah to move in front of him in a protective stance. Lucifer looked at her with raised eyebrows which Erikah just returned as Gabriel continued.

"Look at yourself! Boo hoo! Daddy was mean to me, so I'm gonna smash up all his toys." Gabe mocked.

"Watch your tone." Lucifer growled.

"He's right, Luce." Erikah spoke up. "This end of the world mess seems childish."

"Play the victim all you want. But you and me?" Gabe gestured between himself and Lucifer. "We know the truth. Dad loved you best. More than Michael, more than me." Lucifer's face was stormy as he watched his little brother. "Then he brought the new baby home and you couldn't handle it."

Lucifer was quiet for a moment before he looked up, his gaze locked on his brother's eyes. "So you're willing to die, for a pile of cockroaches?"

"I was human once too." Erikah hissed and stood directly in front of Gabriel. "I was one of those 'cockroaches' and you loved me."

Lucifer narrowed his eyes at her, considering her statement. "That's different." He settled on replying.

"I don't care." She yelled. "You're so obsessed with this stupid mission that you don't realize that you're doing exactly what your father wants. You say that this is your rebellion and you're going against his wishes but he had it written down. Every single thing that would happen, down to the fight between you and Michael." Erikah seethed. "You're playing right into his hands and you don't even see it."

Through her angry haze Erikah didn't notice the occasional flicker in the appearance of Gabriel behind her, as if he was a holographic projection. And she certainly didn't notice him creeping up behind Lucifer, the long silver blade glittering in his hand.

Suddenly, Lucifer whirled around. Erikah heard a sob and flashed around Lucifer, realizing that she was too late. Lucifer had plunged the knife in Gabriel's chest. Erikah moved behind Gabriel, holding his body up and preventing him from falling to the floor, though Lucifer still had a strong grip on the knife.

"Don't forget you learned all your tricks from me, little brother." Lucifer's voice sounded almost sorrowful as he jerked the blade in Gabe's chest.

"No!" Erikah screamed as white light burst from Gabriel's body. Tears flowed freely from her eyes as she closed them during the blinding light. Once she sensed that it was over she opened her eyes and fell to the ground with her friend's body. Lucifer stood in front of them.

"He was my little brother and, despite this, I loved him." Lucifer began but Erikah remained silent, her dead heart aching over the loss of her friend. "I love you too, in case you were wondering." He let out a short chuckled and Erikah looked up at him with a glare before she turned her gaze back to Gabriel's face wordlessly. Lucifer huffed. "I'm letting the Winchesters go just this once. It won't happen again."

Erikah ran her fingers through Gabriel's hair, barely listening to Lucifer's words.

"I'll see you soon, my dear Erikah." And with that Lucifer disappeared.

As soon as he left a loud sob racked Erikah's body as she leaned her forehead against Gabriel's. She gathered his body up in her arms and hugged him tightly for a few minutes, not that actively aware of her surroundings.

Erikah finally moved to get up when her fingers brushed against the skin on his arm. She felt a surge of power that caused her to pause in her movements. She slowly placed her hand on his skin again and gasped as she felt a flood of words being pushed into her brain.

After a few moments she recognized it as an old spell that she had created with Gabriel. Once the spell had registered two words flashed within her mind.

Save me.

Erikah ripped her hand from Gabriel's arm and stepped back a few steps. She caught her breath, her eyes never leaving Gabriel's body, before she sprung into action.

She walked back over to his body, positioning his body so that he was laying on his back with arms and legs spread wide. Erikah placed her hand on his chest before she closed her eyes and began siphoning from her vampiric blood. She began the chant that she saw behind her eyes, her voice rising as she felt more and more magic flow through her veins and to Gabe's.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, Erikah opened her eyes and peered down at her friend. She said a small prayer, to who she was not quite sure, as she moved her hands over to his eyelids and lifted them open.

Erikah breathed a sigh of relief as she saw the pupils pulsing with angelic power, a bright blue color as their hue.

Erikah sat with her back against the wall and pulled her phone out of her pocket. She turned it on and found that she had multiple missed calls and messages from her family. She thumbed past them all and pressed on Elijah's contact.

He was the most rational of them all and would be able convey what was so urgent.

He picked up on the second ring. "Erikah? Where are you? Are you ok?" Erikah's gaze went to Gabriel's body and her eyes began tearing up again.

"What's happening, Elijah?"

There was a deep breath on the other line before her older brother cleared his throat and spoke again. "They're here." He paused. "The hunters are here."

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

1.6M 31.9K 55
This is a story about the youngest Salvatore, Elizabeth. No one knows she's alive, not even Stefan and Damon. She doesn't know they are alive either...
312K 4.7K 22
Sophia, Klaus' full blooded sister, his youngest sister being the most powerful. His secret weapon, his own tribrid.
44.7K 982 41
In which the youngest Mikaelson sister has to choose between Family, Friends or Love because no matter what she does, apparently things never work ou...
26.6K 318 10
What if Hope wasn't the only child of Klaus? What if she had a twin sister? What if nobody cared about the other Mikaelson? This is the story of Neva...