Never Let Go [EXO Chen Fanfic...

By ahwaeee

Some things are meant to be gone. When you lose someone important, you'll know someone new. Letting go of the... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1: Miracles in 'January'
Chapter 2: Back
Chapter 3: Same
Chapter 4: Kim Yoonhye
Chapter 5: New neighbor
Chapter 6: New job
Chapter 7: Help Me
Chapter 8: Aren't
Chapter 9: Taemin
Chapter 10: Showcase
Chapter 12: Talk
Chapter 13: Wedding
Chapter 14: Reject
Chapter 15: Engagement
Chapter 16: Memories
Chapter 17: Truth
Chapter 18: They Are
Chapter 19: Leaving
Chapter 20: Same Person
Chapter 21: Again
Chapter 22: Together
Chapter 23: Forever
Chapter 24: Exposed
Chapter 25: Over
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 11: Pepero

239 19 0
By ahwaeee

Yoonhye's P.O.V.

I was totally clueless when I was being called up to the stage by Chen out of all sudden. After the staff explained to me about the game, I was regret. I was regret for coming up here.

Earlier, when I had finish checking and confirming everything, Yoojin let me to come and watch the showcase. Well, there's a TV in the backstage which is airing the showcase too which I can actually watch it there, but according to Yoojin, the staffs are all male and it's kind of inappropriate for me to be there and watch with them.

Well, the first two contestants were left with 5 cm and 7 cm of pepero between. As from what I judge, they were nervous, and plus, I don't know if I'm seeing wrong or what, Chen is the one who bite off one end quickly when their lips are still quite far away.

"So, we're left with one contestant now. Miss, do you have something to tell Chen before the game started?" The emcee who looks a bit like an ahjumma asked. I just shook my head slightly.

"I guess she is too nervous to say anything." Another emcee laughed dryly and commented.

One of the staffs came up and put a pepero between us. I wasn't nervous at all. It's just, after last week, it is awkward for me to be face-to-face to him, being such close.

The game started. I bit off the end of the pepero slowly. I was surprised, when I suddenly saw him being such close to me. Our distance is like...one inch between each other? I felt his nose touched mine. I decided to close my eyes, not wanting to see the scene in front of me now.

I can tell, there will be a lot of fangirls of him who wanted to murder me at this moment. I felt his lips touched mine, slightly. I could feel that he smirked a bit there, as he stopped. The remaining pepero dropped down, and not only the emcee, I am also surprise for the length of pepero that is remained.

It's only about 1 cm. One of the emcee picked up the pepero and put it beside a ruler, measuring it.

"Daebak." I heard him said through the microphone. "It's only 0.9 cm left." He then announced.

The crowd went crazy upon the statement of the emcee. I turned away from the crowd, mentally cursing Chen. What had he done? Damn. I could tell that Yoojin is mad at the moment. I am a staff for the showcase but yet I am involved in the game out of all sudden.

There's already an emcee standing beside me now. He held the microphone towards me, and asked, "What is your name, miss?"

"Lee Yoonhye."

"Ahh, Yoonhye-ssi. A nice name. Congratulations that you've won a stalk of flower and a signed album from Chen!" The emcee said excitedly. I turned to other side and was surprised that he was already holding a stalk of flower, standing beside me.

"Here." He said. He wasn't holding the microphone. "Yoojin will be mad at me later." He chuckled and said. "Glad that you know." I gritted my teeth and answered. I faked a smile as I took over the flower. It's rose. Not my favorite.

"Thank you for joining the game, miss. We will be having staff who will find you after that for the signed album." One of the emcee said. I just bowed slightly and went down the stage. I immediately went to the backstage after that.

Yoojin was sitting in front of the television. "Oh, Yoonhye." He called me as soon as he saw me coming into the backstage.

"You've seen it?" I asked him.

"I'll talk to him and also the staffs later." Yoojin nodded and replied. "You're mad at him?" He asked.

I thought about it and slightly shook my head, "Not really." I looked down at the flower and then said, "I should give this back to him."

"Just keep it. He'll be mad if you really return that rose to him. Come, you should join me and sit down here to watch. The staffs are mostly busy." He waved his hands at me and asked me to watch the showcase with him.

The showcase was then continued with talk again, for now, I guess that they are talking about the fun things that happened during Chen's MV shooting, photo shoot and others.

I watched as the showcase continued boringly for about ten minutes of their talk, and then finally, the emcee asked him to talk about his title track.

"The title track...it's called 'White Noise'. It's talking about a man who was left behind after his love one left him. He was trying to look for her traces, wanting to know if she's doing well in the world. It's a ballad song, and in my opinion, you all might cry when listening to it." He said, laughing slightly.

"It's written by Chanyeol, and there's also a rap part, which was also rap by Chanyeol. As what I remember...Chanyeol did told me once about why he wrote this song. Do you want to hear?" He smiled playfully and asked the audience.

I snorted and mumbled, "Jerk."

The audiences were shouting. "Ne!"

"He said that the lyrics, it is really related to me. As all of you know, I had a girlfriend before. Till now, I still couldn't forget her. I always hope that she is still alive, when I know that she isn't already." He said.

I thought usually people don't like to bring up the topic about their love one dying. But for him, he can just talk about it, like nothing had ever happened before.

Soon, he came backstage for changing the outfit. After that, he will go back up to the stage and performs his title track. As he came down, Yoojin approached him, I think he's just scolding him about the things happened earlier. I just sat in the couch, holding my head with my hand, feeling sleepy.

Yoojin came back and sat down beside me once again after he went up stage for the performance.

"You've listened to the song before?" Yoojin asked. I just shook my head. "You should watch the performance." He smiled and said.

Lonely nights

It's the early morning when I can't keep you from rushing to me

I am being swept away by the sound of the waves oh no

My memories go back to when I was with you not far away no

I miss you as time goes by

Your pretty voice and even your shallow breath babe

I hear you I feel you

I can't see you but I can hear you

All I have to do is

Close my eyes and find you among all the noise in the world

Your small laughter

That's all I need to know that you are doing well

Somebody (somebody) Somebody (Somebody loves you baby)

Somebody (oh oh oh) Somebody

You become the rain and fall down (Don't worry babe)

Will you fall down a little harder

So that my complicated feelings will all be washed away

Listen carefully, somewhere not far away, not far away, no

Someone is standing still in the same place, thinking only about you babe

Oh I hear you I feel you

I can't see you but I can hear you when I close my eyes

All I have to do is find you among all the noise in the world

If I can hear your small laughter

I think I'll be at ease

Right here, yo!

I ask myself how are you doing

After even the traces of you leave

Among the noise that passed me by

Even a faint breath, breathing could have passed me by

I feel that this wind somehow

May have brushed past you, suddenly

Everything still feels like a dream

I am the somebody lost in a white fog

Somebody loves you please know this yeah

Even though I can't hold on, for a moment

Just hold on tight

You may not be next to me but you are inside of me when I close my eyes (Somebody love inside of me)

Just pull out and look at one of our countless days (Just pull it back up)

I hope that you are happy

Wherever you are

I can't see you but I can hear you

All I have to do is

Close my eyes and find you among all the noise in the world

Your small laughter (I miss you babe)

That's all I need to know that you are doing well

I felt tears streaming down from my eyes, till my cheek. I quickly wiped it off. It's a great performance. The dance moves are great, and the song is touching. Chanyeol is good in writing songs.

The rap was being done by one of the emcee earlier. The emcee that looks like an ahjumma.

"You'll need this." A box of tissue was being passed to my side. I looked up and was surprised to see Chen standing there, holding a box of tissue. Yoojin was nowhere to be found.

"No thanks." I pushed the box away and said.

"Come on, we should leave now." He suddenly said.

"Where's Yoojin?" I asked.

"Oh, I've talked to him. He had to stay here longer to sort out some things. He said that we should leave first. You brought your car, isn't it?" He asked. I just nodded.

"Come on then. We've got lots of things to talk about."

"I don't have anything to talk with you." I replied.

"Ahh, is it? Great then, I have a lot." He retorted and started walking in front of me, after snatching my bag which I placed on the chair earlier. I've got no choice but to follow behind him.

My phone buzzed as it receives a message. I pulled it out and it was from Yoojin.

I've asked Jongdae to take you back first, as I might stay here till late in midnight. And Yoonhye...thank you for making Jongdae smiling more nowadays.

I was kind of shock at the last sentence of Yoojin's message. Making him smiling more? In my opinion, it isn't smile. It's just that he feels happy every time after he gets to fool people around.

I was suddenly reminded by Chanyeol's words.

I think you've might heard people saying that my friend is weird. Hope that you won't believe in those. He's actually a nice guy, at least five years ago.

I still can't agree fully to what Chanyeol had said. What he is saying might be true but for me, it's just partially true. Maybe he's really a nice guy five years ago. But now? No.

_______

A/N:

Jongdae's fancam for White Noise by the side. I really love that song as it reminds me of a lot of things with the lyrics.

Thank you for reading.

-Jocelyn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.1K 1.6K 24
Two idols are secretly dating. Will they be able to hide their relationship from people? if yes for how long, and if no, what should they do? #1 IN J...
23.1K 1.9K 42
There is always a past that you are embarrassed by and you want to forget it. But what if the past catches up to you and begins to ruin your present?
67.8K 7.6K 24
One day it just clicks. Jin remembers. He knows who they used to be and about their promise of a better future. He's willing to do anything to make i...
311 36 19
Y/n wants to forget about this boy, he doesn't remember her so why would she need to remember him? ----------- Heeseung