Knightfall | J. Todd ✔️

بواسطة utterlystardust

On Halloween night, Scarecrow forces the civilians to evacuate Gotham City after threatening to unleash his p... المزيد

Disclaimer + Cast
Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Epilogue
Bonus

Chapter XIII

5.9K 135 16
بواسطة utterlystardust

By the time Sara got there, Bruce had already activated the Batcomputer. "Alfred, pull up the footage from the Batwing's onboard scanner."

"Certainly, sir. As you can see, the Batwing has completed an orbital sweep of Founders' Island but there's still no sign of the Cloudburst." Alfred said as they pulled up the maps. "I will, of course, let you know when the situation changes but I- Oh, one moment, sir. I'm receiving an emergency broadcast from the movie studios."

Alfred pulled up the broadcast and Henry Adams, one of the Joker infected appeared on screen. "Batman. I hope you can hear this. The movie studios are under attack. Robin is in trouble."

"Listen to me very carefully. You need to lock down that room. We can't let the infected get out." Batman told Henry. "Of course. Tell me what-" Henry was knocked out by a hit to the head. Harley Quinn stepped in front of the camera. "That's enough from you." Harley told the passed out man.

She then looked into the camera. "We'll look who's too late to save the day. How's it going Bat-brain? It's been a while."

"Harley Quinn." Batman said. "So you do remember me? That's weird, because you killed the only thing I ever loved, and now I find you've been keeping a whole new generation of Jokers to yourself. I know, awkward." Harley told them. "Don't do it. They're not stable!" Batman exclaimed.

"Oh, they're not stable. Maybe you want to take a look in the mirror sometime." Harley snapped before turning off the broadcast.

"Alfred, we need to get to the movie studios." Batgirl said. "Please be quick. Miss Quinn is clearly volatile, Robin may be in serious danger." Alfred said and the two Bats left to Penessa Studios.

Batman and Batgirl then swung down and took down a bunch of thugs guarding the door and once that was finished, Batman walked up and went to use the voice command to open it, but Harley changed the voice command codes to her vocals. So Batman made a Voice Synthesizer that he took from that Militia guard that mimicked the Arkham Knight's voice and used that to get Harley Quinn's voice print and was now able to open the door. Just as Batman was about to open it we heard voices coming from the elevator and we quickly grapneled away as a bunch of thugs with guns came out along with Harley to call more thugs to the roof. The two then split up and decided to take them all out. Batman told Sara to leave the Minigunner to him which she happily did. They were soon able to enter the elevator and head down to face Harley and save Tim.

Once the Bats entered there was a a gang of thugs and Robin was fighting them all and the two jumped in and joined the Boy Wonder. The three then all teamed up and took them down one by one. The room was soon flushed of thugs. Batman had his foot on one that was still awake, time for interrogation. Tim and Sara walked up and kneeled right next to him. "The infected. Where are they?!" Batman yelled.

"They're not infected! They're Joker! Harley's got 'em. And they ain't leaving this place until you're a corpse." The thug replied. "How did she find us? How did she get in?" Batman asked next.

"I'd let him know if I were you. He's not always such in a good mood." Robin added. "Same here. You don't want to end up just like the other guy." Batgirl joined.

"How should I know? I guess she's smarter than you think?" The thug said. "Not likely." Batman replied before knocking him out.

"Let's check the Batcomputer." Batman suggested and the two nodded. "I'm locking the whole building down. No one leaves until we account for the infected." He said. "She just walked in. No alarm. No warning. Something's wrong with the voice recognition."

Batman looked through all the cameras set up in the studios. "Maybe. There's no trace of a hack. If they're still here than the facial recognition software will find them. Got them." Batman said as we were soon met with the infected in different sections of the building. "Albert King's in the Wild West set. Looks like he's fear in up for a comeback bout. They took Christina Bell to the haunted house set. Harley's left armed guards to protect her. Chrisma's on the sound stage. I can't tell what he's got planned."

Batman, Robin and Batgirl walked into the backstage area and told Henry Adams to lock the door and to not let anyone but them go through. "So who's first?" Batgirl asked. We soon walked to Stage B. "Christina Bell." Batman said and took notice of voices behind the door and looked at Robin before the two kicked the door open. "Ladies first!" Batgirl said before kicking one guy in the jaw and the three took out the small group of thugs.

The three went through the next to the Haunted House set but was met with a Minigunner and quickly turned back to shield themselves. "Robin, you and Batgirl wait here while I get behind him. We'll take him down faster if we work together." Batman whispered before using the vantage points to get behind the Minigunner. "When do we join in?" Robin asked. "You'll know when you see it." Batman replied before dropping down silently behind him and kicked the thugs knee making him fall, Robin then swung his bo-staff at his face which led Batman to punch him and Batgirl joined with a kick to the chest and Batman hit him to the ground, knocking him out.

"You took your time there." Robin said. "I was testing your self-control." Batman replied. "Did I pass?" Tim asked. "You need practice. Come on." Was all he said before he walked off, Batgirl and Robin exchanged a glance before she shrugged and followed. The three entered and listened to the Bell's conversation with a group of Harley's thugs. She disappeared behind a room, leaving Batman, Robin and Batgirl to take down the guys roaming around. Calling on each other for takedowns, working as a team. Once the room was secure another group of thugs burst in but they were no problem and were also taken out. "Time to get Miss Bell." Batman said as he and Robin kicked down the door to be met with Christina Bell lunging for Batgirl, Robin quickly knocked her out and helped Sara up as Bruce took care of the remaining thug. Robin picked up Bell and the three made their way to back to the backstage area.

Batman then contacted Henry to open the door to let Robin in to lock up Christina Bell. Robin goes to bring her back and Batgirl walks as well and notices Batman stopping and looked to see him glare at a corner before staring at her, an unknown expression on his face. "What's wrong, Bruce?" She asked. He snapped out of it and adverted his gaze. "It's nothing. Let's move." He brushed it off.

Sara helped Tim with Bell and soon came back to meet up with Batman who had a strange, kind of sad, look on his face. "Are you okay?" Tim asked. "I'm fine. Let's find the others." Batman brushed it off again and they went to face Albert King. They then entered the Wild West set and it was just taking out thug as they  try and to take down King but he was a bit tricky cause his side. So the three relied on dual team takedowns to bring him down quicker which did the job. How Robin was able to pick him up was beyond Sara as the three walked back to bring him in just like they did with Bell.

Sara and Tim put Albert King back into his cell and walked back to meet up with Batman, who had a horrified expression on his face. This was beginning to worry Sara. "Everything alright? You looked spooked." Tim asked his partner.

"I'm fine Jas-, Tim." Batman corrected himself. Tim looked at him surprised and glanced at Sara, who kept her head down. "You haven't done that in a while. There's one left. Let's finish this." Tim said.

The three went to face Johnny Charisma next. They soon entered stage C. "Sorry, Bats. But I was planning a duet for us. Can bird boy and bat babe wait out there and listen to us make sweet music together?" Charisma said from the tv screen. Sara narrowed her eyes at the nickname. "I'll go in through the main door and distract him. Robin, you and Batgirl use the vent to access the room once I've got his attention." Batman ordered and they did just that. "Charisma's wearing a bomb vest there are five other bombs in this room." Batman whispered into the comlink.

"Got it." Robin and Batgirl said.

As Johnny Charisma began to sing to Batman, Robin and Batgirl split up and defused the five bombs on the floor, making sure not to get spotted obviously. "Bombs defused time to take down Charisma." Batgirl said before Robin sneaked up and defused the bomb vest and pushed him into Batman who grabbed him. "No encore?" Batman replied only with a head butt knocking out the singer. Batman then got a call from Henry saying Harley's trying to break into the main room. Robin picked up the last infected, but Batman stopped him telling him and Batgirl to stay here while he handles Harley's thugs.

Knowing that Batman needed help with Harley the two followed soon after.  "Oh look who it is! Batman's little helpers. Looks like you left you all alone!" Harley told Robin and Batgirl. "Nah, he figured we could handle you by ourselves. He doesn't take you very seriously. Neither do we." Robin spoke. Harley's men opened the gate that led to the main room and they all surrounded the two crime fighters. Harley called out to Batman, fully aware that he was here somewhere. Batman then jumped out of a crate and hit Harley and Robin knocked her down, bring her unconscious. The three then took care of the rest of the goons and soon brought Harley Quinn and Charisma in to the cell room. Batgirl opening the door as the two men carried the people. "Robin, prep the cell."

Tim then opened the cell but was shocked to see Christina Bell, dead in a pool of blood. "You killed them all, didn't you Henry?" Batman asked as he was soon faced with a gun held by Henry Adams, who finally became infected. "Oh, Bats. You're so easy. Desperate to see the good in people." Henry/Joker said and snapped his fingers which Harley quickly stood by his side. "Especially when they're bad. HONEY. I'M HOME!" Henry/Joker yelled.

The Batcomputer lit up. "Activating jailbreak protocol." That made the remaining cell doors open, revealing Albert King who was also dead. "I guess we now know who reprogrammed your security. Now if you would be so kind, go join your friends over there." Batman stood his ground. "Go to hell." He sneered.

Henry then pointed the gun at Harley Quinn for motivation. Which made Batman stood next to his partners. "Evolution's a funny thing," Henry then danced and laughed before pointing the gun at a passed out Charisma. "No matter how many obstacles get in its way, the strongest always survives. Still, you know what they say about evolution? Even amoebas can do it." He then shot Charisma.

"What are you doing?" Harley exclaimed. "Purifying the gene pool. Goodbye. It's been... educational." Henry said as he aimed the gun at Batman, who tightened his first and glared at him. Henry looked shocked. "Now that's... unexpected... You're going to be... spectacular." Was all he said before he shot himself as well. Harley cried and whined about them being dead. Sara then noticed Bruce's eyes. "Your eyes..." She was speechless.

"You're the last Joker. That other cell's for you." Robin spoke up. Batman went back to normal. "I need to stop Scarecrow. When I'm done, I'm locking myself away." Batman said. "What if you fail? You'll be too dangerous. We won't be able to stop you." Robin asked before going to the cell door and opened it. "You need to get in the cell. It's the only choice we have left." Tim told him. Bruce then walked towards it but soon pushed Tim into the cell and locked it. "BRUCE!" Sara yelled and went to free Tim but was pushed back by Batman. "Listen to me! We can help you! You don't need to do this! Alfred... Alfred? You son of a bitch... You cut my communications!" Robin yelled at him in anger, then looked at Sara. "Sara, stop him! Open the cell!" He shouted.

Batgirl then stepped to the control panel and went to free Tim but was denied access. "I-I can't! He's changed the codes, Tim!" She exclaimed. Tim then sighed in defeat, knowing that she can't free him and stop Batman. "Just make sure he doesn't lose it okay? I'll be fine here." Tim told her and she nodded before leaving to the elevator and noticed Batman was gone.

"Just great." Sara sighed.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

11.9K 696 39
"All these Men. I just want to stop them from hurting anyone else." Gotham city doesn't give out the easiest of lifes. When Megan has enough, how far...
151 6 11
The fifth and penultimate installment in Ben's Batman series. When his parents were gunned down in front of him, young Bruce Wayne resolved to rid Go...
9.5K 160 17
After years of hiding after his last appearance in Arkham Asylum and the few easter eggs we get in Arkham City, Jonathon Crane AKA The Scarecrow is b...
2.7K 37 11
Rowan Wayne never expected her life to turn out this way. Born to the Joker under the name "Ace", she was taken into the foster care system when she...