The Rematch (Ziall Horlik)AU...

By BriannaLynnC98

(Sequel to The Fighter) You can take the fighter out of the fight, but you can't take fight out of the fighte... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue
Spin-off

Chapter 31

3.6K 147 97
By BriannaLynnC98

Zayn's POV

"That's really great." Harry told me as I showed him the sonogram Niall had gotten yesterday. We waited another week and took a few more home pregnancy tests before going to see a doctor just because I knew Niall wasn't a huge fan of doctors. Which is one of the reasons he's not here right now. Another reason is because he had to force Louis to go out with him to get some clothes and food and spend some time away from the hospital. Harry needed it too because he was feeling suffocated by Louis. Even if they love each other and they're newlyweds, Harry doesn't like feeling like he's inadequate to lift up a cup to drink out of it. He's gotten back most of his strength, he just needed to be watched by doctors more.

"He's just now two months pregnant. We had planned this baby, kind of, but we're still so shocked that this is actually happening. We just need you out of the hospital in time to watch the boys while we go have this baby." I chuckled. He rolled his eyes at me and smiled even bigger as he looked at the picture. I leaned in and tried pointing out where the baby's head was and it's feet. I still think that baby's at this stage look like shrimp more than a human, but I still think it's wonderful to see my child growing. Doniya said that this baby wasn't very healthy so far and we all listened to the heartbeat and it was really strong. I loved hearing that sound.

"I'm hoping to be out of here in two weeks or sooner. I need to get back in the gym to train you, don't I?" Harry asked me. I put the sonogram back in my pocket and started playing with the ring Harry had given me. I had it on a chain and was letting it slide on it a little.

"Mark won't let me fight him. I want to, but he's not going to be there for me. I know Niall definitely won't be there and forget Louis and my sister. No one wants me in the ring with him, but I want in there worse than ever." I said. Harry looked like he wanted to tell me that everyone else was wrong and I should listen to myself, but I saw it in his truthful green eyes that he couldn't.

"Zayn, I want you to do this because I see how much you want to after what happened. That's the only reason why I'm supporting you, but now that he hit me so hard and knocked some sense in my head, I know boxing is a bad thing to be apart of. I don't think anyone should be in the ring with him. I'm going to tell you now as your bother that I think you need to focus on growing your family, taking care of them and enjoying the life you have because getting in the ring one more time could take it from you. I'm not a boxer anymore, I don't think you should be either. You have more to loose than I ever did. You have more to miss you than you realize you do." Harry said. I just sat there looking at the ring he had given me and I thought about what he had said.

Fighting is in my bones. It's not something that I chose to do one day. It was something that I did to stay alive and something that I needed to do to live. Even if I were taken out of the ring for he rest of my life, I know I would always have a burn in me that only people that live off their fists would have. Harry can choose if he wants to be a boxer. He can flip the switch on and off. That's something I'll never be able to do even if I tried. I know that I would rather die young in the ring than live out my life slowly dying because I don't have what makes me complete. Some say that my family, my husband, should make you feel complete, but I know they only make up one fourth of my being. Fighting takes up the rest and I don't want to live my life feeling empty.

"I need to do this, Harry. He hurt you. He almost killed you. I can't let him keep going around like he can fix this with an apology. I need to do this." I said, which got me a weak chuckle from my best friend.

"What is this going to do? Is it to even out the scores? Is it to protect me when I don't need it? The past is in the past and I'm moving on from it. I have no permanent damage other than migraines every once in awhile and my hands with forever have a light tremor in them, but there's so much more I could have lost. I'm not going to loose you." Harry said firmly. His hand reached out and got mine in his. I gave his hand a squeeze and leaned closer to his hospital bed. He laughed a little, trying to lighten up the seriousness in the room. He's had a lot of those moments so I can't blame him for wanting to have some laughter now. I would give it to him, but in the back of my mind I thought of how bad life would be if Mark really did leave me because I did this fight and how many times I could get to visit my children after Niall finalized the divorce that would come too.

"You know, there's a lot of rumors going around that we've been secretly seeing each other. I was watching this one gossip show and it said that an inside source said that we realized our feelings for each other through this accident." Harry laughed to me. I was able to crack a smile because I've been seeing that too. Niall would always laugh at it and call Louis to tell him, but I just thought it was ridiculous. Just because everyday since this happened I've spent an hour or more every day with Harry doesn't mean that we're in love or some shit. It means I love him as my brother and would loose my mind if this green eyed, dimpled little shit died.

"Can't wait to see the tabloids once Niall starts showing. I bet Louis is the father." I said. Harry nodded like that was a good story that would most likely come out soon. Niall has always shown kind of early just because he's thin. He's even thinner now since he lost a lot of weight while we were morning the loss of our little angel. Doniya told him to gain at least five pounds before his next visit just to get him at a healthy weight for him and the baby, but he'll probably only gain two.

"That's what's going to be the funniest because Louis loves bottoming more than he loves air and obviously Niall didn't do this himself." I had to laugh at that one because I knew Louis was always one to talk about his love for being submissive, but hearing Harry put it that way kind of made it even more funny.

"What's so funny in here?" Mark's voice came from the door. I turned around and saw he had a book in his hand that had a bow on it. He kissed my forehead then handed the book to Harry. He laughed and showed me it was a book full of jokes and comebacks.

"I figured you could use this time to learn in an area you're not ever good in." Mark said as he pulled up a chair to sit next to me. We spent at least thirty minutes listening to Harry read jokes to us that were the worst things I had ever heard in my life. I had to cringe at a few of them while he laughed his arse off. Mark smiled at me when I would do that, but I saw he wanted to tell me something seriously too.

"Mr.Styles, I'm afraid your guests are going to have to leave for a few minutes while we change your catheter." A nurse came in and said in a much too happy tone. Harry turned the color of a tomato and looked down like he was feeling pathetic for not being able to get up to the bathroom and had to literally have a bag attached to him.

"We'll go get some lunch and be back." Mark said like that was no big deal. Harry didn't look at us as we left but we understood that he was still hating that he couldn't do something. He was strong enough to go for short walks around the hospital with a walker and he could lift things with his hands perfectly fine, but if he had to get up to go to the bathroom, it would take strength that he needed to save.

Mark and I ended up at the cafeteria getting some boxed salads that were there. We started eating them there, knowing Harry would need more time than we gave him. We didn't talk that much a few comments about how well Harry was doing. I pulled out my phone to text Niall a winky face randomly then set my phone down.

"There's a new guy that came into the gym today that's really good. I think you should start training him and managing him." Mark suggested slowly. I looked at him like I needed to know if he was crazy or just loosing it. We both knew that I wasn't in a place in my life where I could happily sit ring side while someone else takes over the ring. I'm still relatively young for this sport and I'm not ready to put up my gloves.

"You need to find a new path in life, Zayn. If you can't do this then maybe try going to uni and getting a degree in something that interests you. Well, go to high school first, but you need to do something. I know you, and you're too energetic to just retire and live the relaxed life. Find something and do it." Mark said. I pulled out my phone to show him I was finding something right here. I pulled up the picture that was on Twitter someone had made and it looked like Liam and I were going to fight each other. I pushed my phone to him and sat back in my chair.

"Found it." I said. He looked up at me in a way I've looked at Ezra when he gets a little sassy with me. I wasn't afraid though because I knew that Mark could just leave my life because of this and it wouldn't matter to me. It wouldn't hurt me one bit. I want to fight Liam to make him feel everything he had put Harry through. I don't know any other reasons why I really want to do this, but that's all I can think of right now.

"You're a brat, you know that? You went from a man that did all he could do to be a good husband and a good boxer to being someone that so happens to get everything they want. You want a baby, here's your baby. You want a world championship, here it is. You want your near to death best friend to end up perfectly fine, here's that as well. No one tells you no anymore and I don't think you understand the meaning of it. I won't coach you to fight him. If you want to fight him, go for it. You just won't see me there." Mark said. I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from yelling at him that I would do this fight and I would win it without him. Deep inside, I knew my confidence in the ring was only from Mark. But I also knew that there was something deeper in me now that was pushing me to do this. That lead me to my final decision.

"I'm doing it then and I'll do it without you."

A/N: school starts tomorrow :( I only have four classes and I have some pretty good off periods that I'll try to write during. I hope this is okay! What is something you do when you're nervous?!?!??! Comment/Vote!
-Bri ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

787 14 12
HEY GUYS! THIS IS STORY NUMBER 2 I HOPE THIS ONE IS MORE REALISTIC THAN THE OTHER ONE! IN THIS ONE I WOULD LIKE ALL OF YOU GUYS TO COMMENT WITH IDEAS...
507K 13.7K 28
It's been 6 years and I am now 16 years old. I still live with One Direction and my twin sister Leah. My boyfriend of 2 years, Hunter, and I are goin...
187K 2.7K 45
*Sequel To My Best Friend* Courtney and Niall are now living in London together, It's been almost a year and everyone is like family. It's late April...
1.1K 64 14
*****SEQUEL TO LIVING WITH LOUIS***** ****READ LIVING WITH LOUIS OR THIS WILL MAKE NO SENSE AT ALL**** Hannah and Louis are getting serious. They are...