Chasing the Moon (A Stiles St...

Por _hogwartian_

Emma Brisbane has been an outcast at Beacon Hills High ever since the accident that took her mother and siste... Más

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Growing Suspicion
Chapter 2 - The First Full Moon
Chapter 3 - Not Worth the Risk
Chapter 4 - Cover Up
Chapter 5 - Trust Me
Chapter 6 - You Again
Chapter 7 - Who You Think You Are
Chapter 8 - Hiding the Broken
Chapter 9 - Truth and Bullets Hurt
Chapter 10 - Sleepwalking
Chapter 11 - Control
Chapter 12 - An Anchor
Chapter 13 - Night School (part 1)
Chapter 14 - Night School (part 2)
Chapter 15 - Time to Tell
Chapter 16 - Heels Up
Chapter 17 - Breaking Chains
Chapter 18 - Between the Moon and the Stars
Chapter 20 - Brother Wolf
Chapter 21 - Completely Normal
Chapter 22 - The Dance
Chapter 23 - The Final Truth
Chapter 24 - The New Alpha

Chapter 19 - Caught in the Middle

33.5K 788 694
Por _hogwartian_

**Disclaimer** I do not own Teen Wolf, it's characters, or any of it's plot lines.

 Stiles and I ran out into the hallway, hand in hand. He was the one that bit me. He was the one who killed Mom and Zoe. The man we shared dinner with, the man I thought of as my own uncle. He was the one to tear my life apart. I just couldn't believe that someone we had trusted so much, would turn out like this. Why would he even want to hurt Mom or Zoe? Our family was nothing but nice to him. It doesn't make sense to me.

But I can't think about these things now, as they won't matter if he kills me too. At the moment, Stiles and I need to get the hell out of here and do it alive. He still has a lacrosse game to get to, after all.

"What are you doing here?" A red-headed nurse said, stopping us. "Visiting hours are over."

I recognized her as Peter's nurse. She was working with him? Helping him? It was all beginning to make me sick. I felt like I could pass out at any moment. I clung to Stiles' arm to keep steady and just to be close to him. 

Peter walked out behind us, trapping us between the two. Stiles too began piecing everything together, looking from the nurse to Peter. "You...and him...you were the one who...and you...oh my god we're gonna die."

I tightened my grip on Stiles' arm. I didn't want to believe it, but I knew he was right. There was no way out for us. Just because I can throw a decent punch doesn't mean I can take down this homicidal Alpha and his deranged nurse. 

Out of nowhere, Derek appeared, elbowing the nurse in the face and knocking her out cold. "Now that's not nice," said Peter, his voice chilling. "She's my nurse."

"She's a psychotic bitch helping you kill people. Get out of the way." Derek ordered to Stiles and me. 

"Ah, damn," said Stiles, terrified and exasperated.

I pulled him to the ground and huddled us into the wall. I may have a chance of surviving a fight like this, but Stiles doesn't have supernatural healing abilities. I'm not going to let anything happen to him. I could't live with myself if I did.

"You think I killed Laura on purpose?" Peter said, walking towards Derek. "My own family?"

I heard a growl from Derek and saw his eyes turn and ice cold shade of blue and fangs sprouting out of his teeth. He jumped off of a desk, using his momentum to attack Peter, but was thrown into the wall next to Stiles and me. Stiles wrapped his arms around me to shield me from harm, though I should really be the one covering him. 

Derek fell hard to the ground next to us, knocking down the railing as well. Stiles and I crawled away, not wanting to get caught in the mess. We hurried down the hall, me practically dragging Stiles. I felt bad for leaving Derek, but I know he can handle himself. Stiles is my main concern. 

"My mind, my personality, were literally...burned out of me." I could hear Peter's voice from down the hall. I could also hear Derek struggling. I fought the urge to run back and help him, do something.

"So you want forgiveness?" Derek said. I could tell he was being tossed around some more.

"I want understanding," said Peter. "Do you have any idea what it was like for me all those years? Slowly healing cell, by cell, even more slowly coming back to consciousness."

I ran back to an opening where I saw Derek lying on the ground, the floor stained with his blood. He was using every ounce of will he had in him to push himself back up, to keep fighting. 

"Yes, becoming The Alpha, taking that from Laura, pushed me over the plateau in the healing process. I can't help that."

Derek swung at his uncle again, but his punches were weak and sloppy. Peter was easily able to dodge every one of them. He then grabbed Derek's hand on his last throw, crunching his bones in his hands. Derek groaned in pain as he was forced back onto the ground.

"I tried to tell you what was happening. I tried to warn you." Peter picked Derek up by the back of his leather jacket and tossed him through the receptionists window, the glass shattering all over the floor. 

I couldn't take it any longer. Derek was struggling, he couldn't even get back to his feet. I ordered for Stiles to stay put as I ran to the werewolf's aid. "Derek!" I called as I found him in an empty room. He sat himself up against a metal table, Peter standing in front of us.

I placed my hands on both of his arms, watching as the purple liquid coursed from his veins and into mine. He was too beaten too stop me. He knew he didn't have much of a choice.

A chilling laugh came from Peter. "Aren't you glad I gave you such a wonderful gift, Emma?"

I glared at him with every ounce of hate I had built up inside of me. "You killed them,"

"I had my reasons." He said, wearing a smirk. "Now, since I was gracious enough to save your life with such a wonderful ability, I think it is time that you repay me."

"No, no, NO!" I yelled as he moved towards me. He grabbed me by the wrist, pulling me up with great force. On anyone else, his grip would have left a very visible bruise.

"Don't...touch her..." said Derek, still fighting and out of breath.

Peter gave a cold smile. I knew what he wanted, and I knew that I didn't want to do it. Though I don't have much of a choice. He yanked my hand up to his face, slowly nearing it to the right side of his cheek, over his burn scars.

"No, no!" I continued. I tried fighting my way out of his grip, but he was too strong. I was no match for an alpha. It felt like I had stuck my hand straight into a flame. My skin burned and I screamed in pain as I healed his wound. Tears now stained my cheeks as I continued to wail.

"Emma!" Stiles shouted, running into the room. Peter shoved me away from him, Stiles catching me as I collapsed into his arms. My entire body was weak. I felt even worse than I had when I was trying to heal Derek's wolfsbane bullet wound. I was drained of energy.

Peter was examining his newly healed face in a mirror. His skin was now smooth and clear. You would never even know he was a survivor of a fire. Not a single scar covers his body. He is at full power. 

"Now, Derek," said Peter, walking past Stiles and me to stand in front of Derek. "You have to give me a chance to explain. We are family, after all."

  ☼ 

Stiles and I made our way through the hallway that leads to the boys locker room, both still shaken up. Multiple lacrosse players kept pushing past us chanting, "State! State! State!" Stiles tried clearing them away from me as best he could.

"Looks like you won then," I said to him. 

"Yeah, yeah I guess we did."

I could tell he was upset that he missed the game. It was his first chance to start, to play first line and prove to Coach Finstock that he's a worthwhile player. It was his goal this season to make first line, and I'm sure to actually play it as well. 

I grabbed his hand and placed my other on his arm in comfort. "You'll get another chance,"

He sighed and shook his head. It pained me to see how much he lacked confidence. It's not like him. He's so outgoing, so happy. I stopped walking and pulled him to stop as well and face me.

"Stiles," I said. He flattened his lips and looked away. I turned his head back with a swift movement of my hand. "Stiles, look at me."

His eyes finally met mine. I raised my eyebrows, trying to get him to tell me what was wrong. His face faltered, his eyes searching from wall to wall again. He let out another sigh as his gaze fell upon mine.

"I just...I just wanted to be the hero for once." He hung his head. 

I lifted his chin with my middle and index fingers, bringing his lips dangerously close to mine. "You're only a Robin if you choose to be."

The corners of his mouth twitched, trying their best to form a smile. He grabbed my hand from underneath his chin, lacing his fingers through it. He cupped my cheek with his other. We were less than an inch apart. Even though we've kissed plenty since that first time in his jeep, I was still excited and anxious for his lips to touch mine again. Nothing in this world can compare to kissing Stiles, even though it sounds cliche.

"State! State! State!" A lacrosse player chanted in our faces, jumping by us. Talk about a mood-killer. Stiles and I laughed anyways. I rested my forehead on his chest for a brief moment, feeling it fall and rise due to his chuckles. 

"We should find Scott," he said, a smile still etched on the lips I wish I had just kissed. I nodded, it was the reason we were here anyways. 

Still hand in hand, we continued down the hallway until we reached the locker room door. I froze and took in a sharp breath. Stiles looked over at me with concern. Something immediately felt off. I could hear a rapid heartbeat from behind the door.

Stiles pushed the wooden barrier open, it creaking as it cleared our entry. "Scott?" Stiles called out, no response. We stepped further into the room. I could feel my hand becoming sweaty, nearly slipping out of Stiles' grip.

Then we heard grunts and moans of pain from the other end of the locker room. I didn't hesitate a moment to run to the source of the sound. Scott was laying on the floor of the showers, his body twitching in pain.

"Scott! Scott!" I yelled, hurrying to his aid. I knelt down beside him and flattened him out on his back. Blood was dripping from the back of his neck and down the drain, mixing with the running water from the shower head. 

Finally, his body ceased it's rapid movements. He sat up, out of breath, and rubbed the back of his neck. No blood covered his hand when he held it back in front of him. His eyes glanced from Stiles and back to me.

"Um, Scott, we have a major problem," said Stiles.

"Trust me," said Scott, pressing his lips together. "I know,"

 ☼ 

"Are we seriously following him? It's not our responsibility to be his bodyguards." I said from the all-too familiar backseat of Stiles' jeep. Scott had insisted that we keep an eye on Jackson since the Argents now how if it their heads that he's the second beta. 

"I have to do something," said Scott, searching out the window for any sign of Jackson's Porsche.

I huffed and sat back in my seat, folding my arms across my chest. Scott had informed Stiles and me that Jackson gave him three days to get him the bite. This angered me more than I expected. He has no idea what it can do to you. The bite can strip you of your humanity, taking every last piece of what's left of your human soul. Jackson doesn't have much to start with.

Then I thought about what happened in the video store. He pushed me out of the way of the falling shelves. It still surprises me that he didn't just save himself. Hell, maybe there is something good left inside of him. Though I doubt it's enough to keep him somewhat human after becoming a werewolf.

"Oh look," I said, spotting Jackson's Porsche and a red Tahoe in a parking lot. "There's the testicle now,"

"With Mr. Argent," said Scott. My attitude changed in an instant. As much as I dislike Jackson, mainly because of how he's treated all of my friends -- including Lydia -- I don't want to see him killed. No one deserves that.

Stiles turned into the entrance of the lot and cranked his music, trying to make this seem as casual as possible. We pulled up next to Jackson's car, which seemed to be having some trouble as he and Mr. Argent were standing over the open engine.

"Yo," said Scott, raising a hand.

"What's up?" Stiles said with a bob of his head. I gave a fake smile and wave, peaking my head over the front seat.

"Everything okay?" Scott asked. 

"Hey, Scott," said Mr. Argent. "Your friend here was having car trouble. We're just taking a look."

"There's a shop down the street, I'm sure they have a tow truck," said Scott.

"Yeah, you want a ride?" Stiles asked, his arm draped over the steering wheel. I raised my eyebrows and tried to give my most flirtatious smile. It almost made me sick.

Scott opened his door. "Hey come on, Jackson. You're way too pretty to be out here all by yourself." Stiles said, Scott giving Jackson a look of his own. Jackson nodded and made his way over to the jeep. He knows that the Argents are hunters, yet somehow he's still convinced himself that he wants the bite.

Scott hopped out and I scooted over in the backseat to make room for Jackson. "Hey guys," said Mr. Argent, walking over to the driver's side of the Porsche. Scott and Jackson froze to watch as he turned the key in the ignition, the car roaring to life. "Told you I knew a few things about cars."

Mr. Argent then went back over to his Tahoe and drove away, everyone letting out a sigh of relief. Scott slammed his door shut, causing me to have to hurdle out through Stiles' side. I climbed over the seat with ease, finally being practiced at it.

"So what, you're following me now?" Jackson said with venom in his voice.

"Yes you stupid, freaking idiot. You almost just gave away everything right there," said Scott. Stiles and I walked around the jeep to join the two.

"What are you talking about?"

"He thinks you're the second beta!"

"What?" Jackson said in disbelief.

"He thinks you're me!" Scott threw his arm into the side of the jeep in frustration, much to Stiles' dismay. "I could hear your heart beating from a mile away, literally. Now he thinks that there's something wrong and I have to keep an eye on you so he doesn't kill you too!"

Scott growled and motioned to hit the jeep again, but Stiles grabbed him and leaned him away from his precious vehicle. "Okay, okay. How about we just step away from Stiles' jeep?"

"You know what? This is your problem, not mine," said Jackson. "I didn't say anything which means that you're the one that's gonna get me killed. Okay, this is your fault!"

Jackson shoved Scott, causing him to slam into the jeep. Stiles threw his hands in the air as I stifled a laugh. "Okay, can we stop hitting my jeep? Please?"

Scott shoved Jackson in return, causing Stiles to interfere and break them apart before things got even more heated. "When they come after you, I won't be able to protect you." said Scott. "I can't protect anyone."

Scott's eyes fell upon Stiles. I stepped closer to him, placing my hand on his upper back. "Why are you looking at me?"

Scott's chest was heaving with emotion as his gaze drifted back onto Jackson. "It ruins your life."

"It ruined your life. Your problem is you had so much power and you didn't know what to do with it. You - you know what it's actually like? It's like when you turned sixteen and someone bought you a Porsche when they should have started you off with a nice little Honda. Me? I drive a Porsche."

Jackson glared at Scott one last time before getting into his car and speeding away. He's too arrogant for his own good. Scott's right, it does ruin your life. Not just yours, but those around you as well. Stiles will never be able to have another normal day in his life. Not as long as he's running around trying to help his best friend.

Jackson has a good thing in being one hundred percent human. I would give anything to just be slightly normal for once. Why would you ever want to give it up in the first place?

He has no idea what he's getting himself into.

 ☼ 

"Where are we going?" I asked Stiles. For once, I was in the front seat. We had dropped Scott off a while ago and decided to take this rare free afternoon to spend some time together. It was a beautiful day and we'd rather not waste it.

"You'll see," said Stiles, smirking at me from behind the wheel.

I giggled and shook my head. I have no idea where he's taking me. He just told me to get my 'cute little ass' into the jeep and stop asking questions. He could be taking me to a dump for all I care, as long as we get to spend some alone time together. Things have just been hectic with all the werewolf drama going on. 

We desperately needed a getaway. There's no place I'm more relaxed than with him. He just...he just makes me feel better. I can't quite explain it. Just looking at him makes me happy. He brings me the joy I've been missing from my life.

It still feels strange, surreal almost, to know that Stiles and I are officially together. After all those years of staring from afar I am free to look and him whenever I want, kiss him whenever I want. I can do those things now because he is mine.

Stiles pulled into a small clearing just off the highway that lead out of town. I don't go this way much, so the environment was unfamiliar to me. I liked that. I enjoy this kind of surprise, the good kind. Bad surprise just rips you apart, like when your mother and sister are unexpectedly killed in a traumatic car accident.

I tried to push the thoughts of what Peter did to my family out of my head. The whole point of coming out here with Stiles was to not worry about all the crap going on in our lives. I don't want to ruin by thinking about what that bastard has done to me. There's another time and place for that.

Stiles hurried out of his seat as I unbuckled my seat belt. He opened my door for me and I chuckled at his attempt at being gentleman-like. It was too adorable. He helped me out by holding out his hand for support. I thanked him and bowed mockingly. 

"Funny," he said, holding back a laugh. I gave a sarcastically sweet smile, then kissed him on the cheek. He held up his index finger, indicating for me to wait a moment. He rushed to the back of the jeep and returned with a blanket in his arms. "Come on then,"

He grabbed me by the hand and pulled me with him as he took off into the trees. "Stiles!" I said, giggling as we ran and hopped over tree stumps. Leaves crunched underneath my boots as I trampled over them in effort to keep up with my boyfriend. Boyfriend. That's something I never thought I'd be able to call Stiles.

Stiles stopped, causing me to run into him. He held me there as we stared at the small body of water that lay before us. I'd never seen anything like it before. I didn't even know we had ponds like this in Beacon Hills.

Stiles grinned at the smile on my own face. "You showed me the place where you used to sit with your mom, so I decided to show you mine."

My heart swelled inside my chest. My head found that familiar crook in his neck. "It's beautiful. Thank you,"

This gesture was sweet beyond belief. Ever since that moment in my mother's office all those weeks ago, we've shared an unspoken connection through a common pain; the loss of our mothers. Not many people have experienced this at such a young age, they have no idea what it's like to lose someone so close to you. You only get one mother in a lifetime. 

Stiles kissed the side of my head before moving closer to the water and laying out the blanket. He motioned for me to join him and I obeyed. I laid down and he did so as well, but in the opposite direction so that only our heads were next to each other. I just looked at him and smiled for the longest time. Even though he may be a major nerd sometimes, he's unbelievably attractive, at least to me. 

He kissed my nose. I was surprised that he knew how to be so cute and romantic considering he's never had a girlfriend before. Maybe he asked Scott for advice. I did the same thing with Lydia. She has far more experience than I do. Her talk may have been what lead me to say the next thing that came out of my mouth.

"You missed."

I've never seen a wider smile. I closed my eyes and remained still until my body jerked in response to his lips landing on mine. We had kissed enough to get through the awkwardness of it. We both gained experience and, damn, Stiles is a fantastic kisser. 

I wondered if he asked Scott about that too. I asked Lydia. She gave me all kinds of tips and tricks on how to make a simple kiss feel like the most amazing thing in the world. It seemed to be working.

Stiles began sitting up and I followed suit, not breaking the contact between our lips. His hands moved from my neck to my back, massaging my skin. His lips then found my neck, creating an emotion inside of me I never knew existed. It felt amazing. He pushed back the collar of my jacket, kissing the top of my shoulder before meeting my lips again.

Stiles was turning into a fantastic kisser, and I'm not complaining. Who would have thought that this sarcastic, nerdy boy of Beacon Hills would have the ability to make anyone feel this way. I was getting high off of his kiss. It was a kind of ecstasy I never thought possible.

I felt his tongue, letting him take control and massage mine with his own. I let it enter without question. Why would I want to tease him? I wanted him. If he wants to put his tongue in my mouth then by all means, I'll let him. If it feels like this, why on earth would I want to stop that?

He laid me down on my back, resting on top of me. His lips moved back to my neck, his tongue slipping out of his mouth only slightly. My god, it felt good. It took all the will power I had in me not to let out a moan. I was unsure of how he would react. Then again, maybe I should let him know that he's doing a fantastic job.

Much to my dismay, his lips parted from my skin. His face hovered over mine as he studied my disappointed expression. "Why don't you ever talk about her?" 

I furrowed my brow. "Talk about who?"

"Zoe, your sister,"

My skin went cold as I swallowed the lump that appeared in my throat. Stiles removed himself from on top of me and sat me up. He placed me in between his legs and pulled by body close to his chest. I let out a choppy breath.

"It's just...you talk about your mom and it seems okay, but I hardly ever hear you say Zoe's name. And when I went into her room by accident, you sort of..."

"Freaked out?" I said for him, looking out over the water.

"Well, yeah," he said. I didn't say anything in return. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I leaned myself further into him. I wrapped my hand around the edge of his unbuttoned flannel shirt, poking my index finger through one of the button holes. He was warm and smelled nice, the way a man should.

"I had a sister," I said, my voice quiet. " I had one, and now I don't. Yet, I wake up every day and I'm still a sister. I'm still a sister even though mine is gone."

Stiles squeezed me in his arms as I took a deep breath. He rested his head upon mine. A single tear slid down my cheek.

"She was eight," I said, a slight crack in my voice. "She had so much ahead of her. She was so sweet, but I never appreciated her. I was rude to her. I yelled at her for stealing my clothes, wearing my make-up. She didn't mean to make me mad, she just wanted to be like her big sister. She...she looked up to me even though I was the worst possible role model."

My breath hitched in my throat. I caught the next few tears as they fell with a swift wipe of my jacket sleeve. I shook my head.

"It hurts too much so I don't want to talk about it," I said.

"You're not a bad person," said Stiles. "You couldn't have possibly known - "

"But I was a terrible sister." My voiced cracked so much that it was painful. I covered my eyes with my hand and shook as I sobbed in Stiles' arms.

I'm so sorry, Zoe. I'm so, so sorry.

-------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for reading!

How about them Stemma feels, huh? Gosh this chapter was fun to write. Can you just imagine those two little misfits frolicking around in the forests like the pair of freaks they are? I think I'm going to vomit it's so adorable.

Don't forget to click the external link to keep up with what Emma is wearing, it shows the development of her character throughout the story.

Let's also just have a moment of silence for Dylan O'Brien's beauty.

GIF not mine.

Thanks again and don't forget to comment, vote, and follow! I would love to hear your thoughts on this chapter...so much happened!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

-Alyssa

Edited 3/14/14

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

866K 40.2K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1.5M 45.9K 32
SO, DARLING, DARLING STAND MY ME OH, STAND BY ME "TAKE MY HAND" "WHY" "BECAUSE I WANT TO ASK YOU TO MARRY ME"
214K 4.1K 24
Sabrina McCall is Scott's twin sister. The McCall twins knew everything about one another. Scott even knew about Sabrina's crush on their best friend...
626K 15.2K 19
❝take my hand, we will stand and together we will rise❞ Where she gives him hope, and where he gives her love. ➶ [ captain america// steve...