My Benefactor

By crimsonnebula

After Reagan found out that she was a product of her mother's teenage indiscretion and her so-called father's... More

My Benefactor Prologue
My Benefactor Chapter One
My Benefactor Chapter Two
My Benefactor Chapter Three
My Benefactor Chapter Four
My Benefactor Chapter Five
My Benefactor Chapter Six
My Benefactor Chapter Seven
My Benefactor Chapter Eight
My Benefactor Chapter Nine
My Benfactor Chapter Ten
My Benefactor Chapter Eleven
My Benefactor Chapter Twelve
My Benefactor Chapter Thirteen
My Benefactor Chapter Fourteen
My Benefactor Chapter Fifteen
My Benefactor Chapter Sixteen
My Benefactor Chapter Seventeen
My Benefactor Chapter Eighteen
My Benefactor Chapter Nineteen
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty One
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Two
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Three
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Four
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Five
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Six
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Seven
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Eight
My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Nine
My Benefactor Chapter Thirty
My Benefactor Chapter Thirty One
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Two
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Three
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Four
My Benefactor Chapter Thirty Six
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Seven
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Eight
My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Nine
My Benefactor - Chapter Forty
Update

My Benefactor - Chapter Thirty Five

111K 1.2K 168
By crimsonnebula

Cloverism, this is for you. I know how much you love this story so here you go, love. ;-D

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

Chapter Thirty Five

Reagan's Point Of View

As they say, all good things come to an end, even on birthdays. I watched as everybody decided to turn in the night, but my dad just had to be all mushy on me right now.

         "Happy Birthday, sugar bunny," my dad cooed as he wrapped me up in his arms, smothering my face with kisses. "I can't believe my baby girl is all grown-up now!"

        I groaned. "Aww, dad. That's just foul," I said, leaning away as I tried to thwart his lip assault. "I'm not five years old, you know."

        He stopped and chuckled low and deep. "I know, but I missed out eighteen years of your life, so I have plenty of smothering to catch up on."

        I rolled my eyes. 'You can blame mom for that,' I thought dryly. "Seriously, dad," I said, glaring at him mockingly, "you're giving me daddy cooties."

        "Oh yeah?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and I nodded. "Well, daddy cooty this!" And attacked my face once again with another onslaught of kisses.

        Oh good lord, help my face!

        "Okay, okay," I said, squirming under his smothering attacks. "I get the idea so you can stop now."

        Laughing, he obliged and let me go. "I need to go," he said. "But I'll be back tomorrow. Ryder and I got things to take care of."

        I frowned, but nodded anyway. I'll ask him later what they need to take care of. "Okay," I said.

        "I'll drive you guys," Copper offered and averted his gaze to my mom. "You too, Mrs. Marks."

        Mom gave him a smile of gratitude. "Thank you," she said, "that would be wonderful."

        "Alright then, chop chop!" Cooper said, clapping his hands together. "To the Cooper mobile!"

        Rolling my eyes, I said, "I'll walk you guys to the door."

        Marching our way to the front door, Cooper was in the lead so he did the honors in opening the door himself. They all went out one by one, bidding me one last birthday greeting until it was just mom and I.

        Once again, we were back to the awkward yet tense stage. True, we had talked, which lead to my closure because for two years I was left in the dark; but deep within me, the pain is still raw. To forgive and forget will take a long time, as far as my wounded soul could care, but like I said, I'd do it with baby steps.

         As she stood there, her mouth opened and then closed, like a fish out of water. I knew she wanted to say something, but I shook my head slowly to save her the trouble.

        No more, just no more. Words were already said.

        We were done, so it's time to move forward.

        Sighing, she gave me one last longing look and went out. Cooper's BMW was already in the driveway, waiting for her as dad and Ryder were already inside, I assumed. She opened the back seat door, took one last look at me and got inside.

        And then, they were off.

       'Soon, mom,' I thought to myself, closing the front door. 'Soon...'

        "Did you have a nice birthday?"

        Startled, I whirled around, my heart hammering widely out of my rib cage as I faced the person who scared the wits out of me. It was Derek.

        "Jesus," I said, clutching my chest with my hands. "Don't do that. A little warning would be nice."

        He chuckled. "Forgive me," he apologized. "I didn't realize my girlfriend isn't in tune yet with my aura."

        Okay, I may not speak supernatural jargons, but I didn't forget he is not off the hook. Sure, he did the most romantic gesture as a birthday gift and was concerned enough for my closure, but going behind my back is another thing. What he did was an encroachment of personal affairs, yet I can't hold a grudge against him for wanting to set things right in my life.

        But a little game of pissing off a pureblood - an Elder at that - wouldn't hurt, right?

        I glared. "Yes I did, but that's beside the point."

         He frowned.

        "Why did you do it?" I asked him, hostility leaking out of my voice. "Why didn't you tell me that you invited my mother?"

        All traces of mirth vanished from Derek's face in an instant and were replaced by seriousness. "As much as you hate to admit it," he began, "you needed it. All I wanted was to help you."

        "By going behind my back?" I asked in disbelief. "You call that helping?"

        Overreacting or not, I wasn't pleased with what he did as he put me on the spot with my mother. I was grateful, yes I am, believe it or not. I don't want to sound like a bitch, but when it comes to things that are sensitive, that is a different story.

        Derek let out a heavy sigh. He hates arguing with me because he knows I'm as stubborn as a mule at times, not giving an inch. "Ma cherie," he began softly, slowly moving towards me, "I was only thinking about you. For years, you were lead to believe that you are a product of a mistake, but you are not. All I ever wished for was for you to have some finality, so you could move forward. Is that so wrong, love?"

        As he came nearer and nearer, I backed up step by step, and now my back was pressed up against the door. Crap, I'm trapped!

        "By not running it with me, yes," I said, still putting up a bravado.

        He shook his head. "If I would've told you..." he paused and by now, he was several inches away, staring at me with smoldering dark blue eyes. "... you wouldn't have known the real reason."

        I gulped. This is totally unfair. He is rendering me helpless with his smoldering look. I am supposed to be mad at him, hell bent in kicking his ass, but jeez! What to do?

        "Look, Derek, I--"

        The distance was sealed between us as I was face-to-face with Derek. He cupped both sides of my cheeks, grazing my cheekbones with his thumbs tenderly. He pecked my nose softly and then said, "I am sorry if I did things the wrong way and had lead to upset you, but even though I am a pureblood, I am just a man as well, capable of committing mistakes."

        Silence.

        He took advantage of my momentary incoherence as he moved on. "I love you, Reagan. I love you so much that it hurts, and when it comes to your happiness, I'd do anything for you."

        He leaned in and with that, he kissed me. As I felt his soft, moist lips moving against my own, I was too dazed to respond. Clearly, being mad and nice and fuzzy at the same time had a tumultuous effect on my emotions, leaning towards lasciviousness. Great...

        "I'm sorry," he murmured, still lingering on my lips. "Forgive your stupid pureblood of a boyfriend."

        My genius plan of pissing off an Elder went down into the abyss as my whole body went jello from that traitorous kiss he delivered. After all, nothing is fair when it comes to this sexy man and by god! He'll be the death of me.

        "Uh... we should go to bed," was my awesome reply.

        Derek laughed quietly and pecked my lips and then said, "Only you, Ree. Only you."

        Damn cocky little pureblood...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Bryson's Point Of View

The heat from the sun's harsh morning rays caressed my face and I groaned. 'I must have forgotten to close the blinds or something,' I thought in irritation and willed myself to go back to sleep.

        Unfortunately, my alarm clock just had to sound off - the harsh, strident like beat making it impossible to go back to sleep.

        "Baby, shut that thing off," a female voice muttered from behind me and I smiled.

        Ciara, my lovely girlfriend.

         I slammed the snooze button of my alarm clock and turned around to face her. "Good morning, gorgeous," I said softly and kissed her forehead.

         She smiled groggily. "Good morning," she said.

         I was momentarily stunned as I took her in. Why hadn't I noticed she was damn naked? With my morning wood right now, it isn't helping and shit, I'm naked too!

         Did we... I racked the very depths of my brain and it all clicked together. Ciara and I made up last night and got freaky afterwards. We broke up a month ago because of Reagan, and I was too stupid to figure out that she was leading me on all along. She played me for a fool and I hated her for it. To think I loved her way more than Ciara...

        God am I blind!

        Ciara moved closer to me and snuggled into my chest. "We better get out of the bed or we'll be late for school," she said, peppering kisses on my pectorals.

        I groaned. She isn't helping. "We will if you stop doing that," I said breathlessly.

        She giggled and looked up. She had that impish glint in her eye that I had grown to hate and at the same time, love. Very confusing, I know, but who cares? "But you were saying something different last night."

        I quirked my eyebrows. "Really?" I asked and she nodded. "What did I say?"

        She smirked and craned her neck upwards to meet my face. "You said..." she paused and cleared her throat. "Oh Ciara! Oh Ciara! Oh, baby! Right there!" she said, doing a lame impersonation of my moaning.

        Un-be-lievable.

        "I did not," I said, glaring at her playfully. "And I do not sound like that."

        She giggled. "Oh yes you do, lover boy."

         Smirking, in one swift, fluid movement, I pinned her hands above her head, rendering her immobile as I hovered over her.

        "Oh, really now?"

        She giggled, that impish glow in her eye never going away. "Yes, yes you do."

        I chuckled low and deep. For some strange reason, my brain was telling me that this is right, but my heart was saying otherwise, that I am not meant to do this and my very being belonged to somebody else. I can't understand the feeling at all, it is confusing the hell out of me, but for now, I pushed that thought aside and focused on this ginger in front of me - well, under me, that is.

        "You should be punished. You are such a naughty, naughty girl."

        As a response, she just giggled some more. 'Oh, well,' I thought wickedly. I'll consider that as an open invitation then.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Jesus.

        For a moment there, I thought I was going to be late for school, but the stunt I did with Ciara was worth the mad dash. However, I couldn't forget that little move she did with her-- cease and desist, Bryson! That's enough Rated R thoughts about your girl.

        Letting out a deep sigh, I got the rest of my books from my locker for first period when someone tapped my shoulder softly.

        "Hey, Bryson," that sickeningly sweet voice called my name, almost like vomit to my ears.

        Closing my locker door shut, I turned around and came face-to-face with my pathetic ex, Reagan.

        'Now what?' I thought annoyingly.

        Looking at her, I admit she is beautiful and still managed  to take my breath away - it annoyed me to no end, and she was literally blinding me with it. However, everyone has a second skin. When you rip it off, the person's true personality shows and underneath her second layer is a personality that is ugly as sin. Not to mention a manipulative bitch.

        "What do you want, Reagan?" I said coldly. "I'll be late for class."

        She frowned. "What crawled up your butt, Bryson?" she asked. "You said you wanted to talk to me, so..." 

        I scoffed. "Why would I waste my time talking to you?"

        Good question. Why would I? She toyed, played and manipulated me like a puppet and lead me to believe she had feelings for me. To think I loved her with everything me and yet she made me look like a fool.

        I have to thank Ciara for giving me a rude awakening.

        "Bryson, why are you acting like this?" she asked quietly.

        I rolled my eyes. "Look, I'm going to be late for class, so bye." And with that, I walked away, heading for first period.

        But why is it that my heart is slowly breaking into pieces with every step I take?

       Odd...

 * * * * * * * * * * * * 

From here on, the story will now lead to the climatic part and the happy chapters will lessen. Just a heads up people. We are nearing to the end. :-) Exciting, isn't it? I had rewritten Reagan and her mother's scene on chapter thirty four, but I don't know... I'll leave it as it is for now.

Thanks for reading! ;-D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 11.7K 41
The new boy at our school. Practically every girl wants him and secretly I do too. He's tall, handsome, Athletic, and sweet from what I've seen. But...
1.7K 30 22
A 15 year old girl faces the extremes starting from a young age... Abuse, mentally..physically..emotionally.. hatred, depression, suicidal thoughts...
104K 4.3K 12
Lone Wolf Pack 1 Gavin Price has had enough. He's lost countless relationships because he can't seem to take that last step into intimacy. Never agai...
169K 2.4K 21
Welcome to the life of teen fiction and teen romance be prepared to meet the mind of the younger generation... Well the extreme side anyways ;) Cool...