Kaisi yeh Yaariyan Season 3

By 1_drop_of_rain

Its been a month that I chanced upon the magical world of Manik and Nandini. It's such a pity that the person... More

Chapter 1 - He is back
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 - Flight to Mumbai
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 and 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
'Hi' to my readers
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Note to my Readers
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Me: Up close and Personal
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Miss writer is down with fever
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Author Note
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
B'cause miss writer always has lots to say
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Author note
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Because the writer had a cuteness attack!
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
No updates tomorrow
Chapter 68
Because the writer wishes you happy Eid
And how could the writer not wish you happy Rath Yatra, the festival of chariots
Because the writer is feeling Meh!!
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Because Miss Writer is touched to the core
Chapter 71
Because the writer hates to see her readers scared
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Writer had an accident - update
Am I your favourite
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
The writer is held up for tomorrow
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Because the writer wanted to share this message
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Because the writer misses her mom
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Because the writer is a restless soul
Chapter 88
N here it is..d new cover courtesy @myra_1
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Because d writer is sleepless at 2.14 am
Because the writer wishes you happy ganesh chaturthi
Chapter 93
Because the writer had to say this..
Chapter 94
Because the writer wants to do a rolecall for doctors
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Because the writer is throwing a party this week and all are invited.
Chapter 100
Celebrations - Part 1
Celebration Part 2
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Urgent note
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108 - Diwali special !!
Chapter 109
A Quick note
If you want to know the face behind the story
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
because d writer's eyes are a mess
Chapter 114
chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
because d writer is sorry for d delay
chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
chapter 121
Because the writer wants to wish you a happy new year..
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Because the writer's bestie thinks, this story deserves to be voted
Chapter 126
Chapter 127 Wedding Part -I
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Congrats! Says the Writer
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Because the writer has announcements to make
Chapter 133
Urgent...writer is in soup!
Writer has just published the first part of Silent Vows
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
sorry
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
sorry again
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Writer wishes you Eid Mubarak!
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Author note

Chapter 78

9.2K 469 53
By 1_drop_of_rain

Nandini had been right about whatever the doctors had said. He would gradually remember the missing pieces of his past, because the process had already begun. In fact the process had started right from the day after the accident. He had had those flashes, of random faces, of incidents he had no clue about. But back then, he had ignored them as mere dreams.

But now that he knew about the memory lapse, and Nandini had told him about the time they had been together, he could connect the dots. They weren't dreams then. That school, those kids, that was Nandini's school. Those hills, that beautiful sunrise...they were not mere figments of his imagination, he had been there and lived amidst them.

Manik was excited; excited in a happy way because he was so close to claiming those golden moments back, which he thought, had slipped through his fingers to dissipate in the bosom of time. But he was scared too, in a way that we all are of the unknown. Who knew what his three years away from home, friends and Nandini held in them. Nandini had only told him a diluted version of his own words, but who knew what lay beyond.

But where was Nandini, he had to share all of this with her...both the happy and the not so happy parts. He pulled the duvet off him and got up. He went to the balcony and looked out. She wasn't there. The bathroom door was ajar. Where was she then?

Kitchen...yes, may be she was preparing something for him...that trademark yacky kara of hers. How much he hated the taste of that strange brownish liquid, it could make him puke in the very first sip, and yet, he could gulp it all down, just because she had prepared it for him. The last five days, she had spent most of her waking hours in the hospital. And despite that, she had still made time to go home to prepare a little something for him. She wasn't a great cook, yet no michelin star restaurant could compete with her food because every morsel of it tasted of love.

He would never be able to explain, why these so called 'middleclass' gestures mattered so much to him. Gestures, that most people take for granted. Perhaps ,because no one had ever done them for him. A mother, who tends to a sick child, who cooks for her kids, who feeds them and puts them to sleep, who prays for their wellbeing, he had not had a mother like that. His, was special in the worst way possible. So special that he sometimes wished he didn't have one. Nandini was the first woman in his life to do these things for him.

She was in the kitchen, he could hear her voice. Manik tiptoed, to surprise her, but he stopped at the door hearing her conversation.

Perhaps her hands were busy or dirty because she had put the call on speaker.

"Sir abhi to kal hi main aayi hun, how can I go back today to pick the stuff. Every body gets a months' time to vacate their quarter and here you are giving me one day!"

"Yes, that's when they retire or resign. Have you forgotten that you were expelled on disciplinary grounds. Expulsion doesn't have privileges Miss Murthy. Come and pick your stuff and make sure you leave the apartment neat and clean. Your replacement teacher needs to move in ASAP."

"Sir, why don't you understand. My friend here is sick, its physically not possible for me to go right now."

"You have today's day Nandini. Either you do it yourself, or I will get it done. Your belongings would be thrown away and the cleaning charges will be mailed to your home along with the reason of expulsion." And the line went dead.

Manik stood there, behind the door watching Nandini struggle with her tears. She was angry but she was helpless. How mean could people be. She had told him about losing her job, but she hadn't mentioned she worked with such jerks. Manik felt guilty, Nandini was being punished for taking care of him, but he felt more guilty because he wasn't there to protect her earlier.

Taking a deep breath, he walked in and gave a stunned Nandini, a side hug.

"How are you feeling, Manik?" She said, pretending that nothing had happened.

"I am feeling much better...wo phone pe kaun tha?" He didn't get to share what he was so excited about. He had a more important issue to handle.

"Principal....I mean ex principal."

"Get ready, hum thori baad nikal rahe hai, we will vacate your apartment today itself."

"Are Manik, tum tension mat lo, princi thora weird hai. I will go later in the week, pehle you recover a bit."

"Nandini, 1 hour ok.... Get ready in an hour. I am injured, not dead. And the world is full of such weird people, you have to learn to not be a doormat."

When Manik chose to be stubborn, it was best to just follow his words. There was no point fuelling his ire.

"Waise how much stuff do have Nandini? SUV men fit ho jayega ya, ek van book karna parega?" He asked before disappearing to his room.

"Zyada nahi hai. We don't need a van."

*************************

Theme Music:

He couldn't recall it all, but they did seem familiar, these twists and turns, cutting across a green canopy under an overcast sky. He turned to see her staring out of the window.

Driving through these winding roads brought back so many memories for her. They had just had a magical beginning and there was so much that they could have done together here, amidst the sun kissed green hills and the misty valleys. But then, seldom does life work out the way we have planned for it to. At least he was alive in one piece, at least he was there beside her. She thanked her stars for this small (/priceless) mercy. Had he not survived that day, these same roads would have become the biggest curse of her life.

"We will come here again Nandini, don't feel sad." He wanted to hold her tight, but he couldn't in presence of the driver.

She nodded like an obedient child.

Manik loved hills, perhaps more than Nandini. He had spent many of his growing years in Dehradun, when he used to study in warrior High. He still remembered how unsettling it had felt to pack his bags and leave for Mumbai that one last time. Those silent hillocks had become his friends as close as his real ones. He could perfectly understand the turmoil Nandini was going through.

When they reached her home, the first thing Nandini did was to run towards that spot in her lawn where Manik had planted the Mango seed. She frantically searched for a sign of life, but there was none.

"Kya dhund rahi ho Nandini?" Manik came right after her.

"You know Manik, I told you about the memory game naa. This is where you had planted a mango seed and you had said that this memory will never grow old because every time we come here, it will only grow bigger."

Manik felt sad....at her innocence & their fate. He felt sad, even though he didn't remember saying any of that. It hurt to see Nandini hold on to the memories so earnestly. He wished he could set everything right, but there was nothing he could do, except be with her and hold her hand through this phase.

"It will germinate Nandu, it takes time. And I told you na, we will come back...to see it grow. And next time, we will dig it out and plant in our garden. Ok?"

That brought a smile to her face.

As they stepped into her house, a familiar vibe surrounded Manik from all sides. This warm fragrance, this indescribable feeling was too familiar to ignore. He could close his eyes and still not feel lost here. One step inside was enough to know that a part of him belonged here, forever. Yet he couldn't recall the visuals. They were hazy, too hazy for him to grasp. There was so much going on inside his mind, trying to fit in, trying to flip out, trying to trace back his footsteps that lay buried in time. But no matter how much he wanted to share these thoughts with her, he knew she needed her own space to mourn. He wouldn't infringe it.

She didn't have much to gather; her clothes, her accessories, few draperies, a folding bed and a folding couch. But the way she lingered in each room, breathing in the air and drinking the sight. To him it felt like, she was trying to pack more than just her belongings. He was helping her put things together.

And while he was at it, his eyes fell on a diary that lay on her dressing table, next to her jewelry boxes. He quickly flipped through the pages in her absence when he reached the last entry. He had only managed to read the heading "Its time for me to make a few confessions, Manik" when he heard Nandini's hurried steps. He quickly tucked in the diary in his backpack. From his previous experiences, he knew Nandini would never let him read her diary if he told her, he had it. So he stole it to read later.

Of all the things she had here, she would miss her bed the most. Yes she was taking it along, but it was not the same as having it here. Her bed wasn't just iron and cushion. It had a soul too, and even though she was carrying the iron along, the soul... no one could bring that back to her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 26.1K 48
Hey guys... This is the first time I am writing a story I am writing a story on manan 8 years everything changed for two best frnds What will happen...
515K 37.6K 23
Manik Malhotra, the name itself brings so many emotions in ones mind- love, passion, music and fear. He was a rock star and a businessman for the wor...
173K 8.4K 22
|82th position in romance| ******************************************* Two people. Two families. Friendship. And a combination of a rich arrogant an...
You and I By

General Fiction

59.9K 4.2K 71
Nandini Murthy A girl who used to be the most cheerful is now a silent version of herself. A silent spectator in the life around her. A child's worse...