Overdue (Quicksilver x Reader)

By PeterFetishGirl

(set in the 1970s) Peter Maximoff has had a crush on you ever since you met two years ago. Since your last bo... More

Chapter 1: Damage
Chapter 3: Secrets
Chapter 4: Looks
Chapter 5: Prom
Chapter 6: Love
Chapter 7: Play
Chapter 8: Cooking
Chapter 9: Wanda
Chapter 10: Gatsby
Chapter 11: Graduation
Chapter 12: Cabin
Chapter 13: Father
Chapter 14: Stars
Chapter 15: Confliction
Chapter 16: Trouble
Chapter 17: Xavier
Chapter 18: Rescue
Chapter 19: Gone
Chapter 20: Awaken
Chapter 21: Revealed
Chapter 22: Quickie
Chapter 23: Healing
Chapter 24: Yes
Chapter 25: Forever

Chapter 2: Mutant

24.3K 704 1.2K
By PeterFetishGirl

Peter's P.O.V.

I have been sitting in this hospital chair for days and still no movement from y/n. She's been in a coma ever since the accident. I just want her to wake up. The doctor keeps telling me she should wake up soon but he's been saying that for the past week. I'm just worried that she might never wake up. I've been making her favorite food and putting it next to her bed hoping the smell would wake her up. I rubbed my hands down my face in frustration. This food idea is completely stupid. She will wake up when she wakes up. I really hope she wakes up. If she doesn't she will never know how I feel. I've pretty much been in love with her since the moment I met her.

*Flashback*

My mom had made us move again. I kept stealing from places and every time they put up a warrant for my arrest, my mom would move us to a different town. This was the third time, the final according to my mom. We pulled up into the driveway of our new house. When I got out of the car I noticed another family was moving across the street as well. There was a husband and a wife with a young daughter. The little girl looked about my little sisters age. They looked like a happy family. Then a hand touched my shoulder, I turned around to see my mom carrying a box.

"C'mon Peter, go pick your room and help me carry some of these boxes inside please."

I grabbed all the boxes and placed them all in the living room. Then I ran around the house checking out the place when I stopped in the basement. The basement was enormous and wasn't all dusty. I ran back to the living room before my mother even walked into the house carrying the same box she had before. I leaned against a stack of boxes waiting for her to notice me. She looked up at me and dropped the box on the floor.

"Peter!"

"What? I just saved you the hassle of having to carry these all in."

"Peter, what did I say about using your powers."

I go over to one of my boxes and start rummaging through my clothes.

"This was an emergency mom, you could have... broken your back or something like that."

My mom leaned against the wall and crossed her arms. I pulled out my silver jacket and put it on.

"I would've been fine Peter."

I walked over to my mom and stood in front of her.

"I'm going to go out and explore this new town."

Just as I was about to sprint out the door she put her hand on my chest to stop me. Then she reached into her pocket and pulled some money.

"Take this maybe you won't steal anything."

I chuckle and politely take the money out of her hand.

"Thanks mom, also I want the basement."

"You're going to make me carry all those boxes down there."

I immediately started grabbing all my boxes and placing them downstairs. Then I sprinted back in front of my mom again.

"Not anymore, see you later mom!"

Then my little sister walked through the door.

"Hey! I'm going out you want anything?"

Her face lit up immediately.

"Jawbreakers!"

I laughed as I shuffled her hair.

"You got it."

Then my mom cut in.

"She's going to break her teeth if you get her more of those"

"Okay I'll get her something else."

I turned to my sister and gave her a wink. She giggled as she ran past me to explore the house. Then I was out sprinting around the town. Then I decided to stop at a Wienerschnitzel to get a hot dog. I looked out across the street to a gas station. I can probably stop there after to get my sister's jawbreakers. Then I turned to go order but I tripped which caused me to fall on someone walking away from the order window. Once I realized what had happened I looked at the person I was laying on top of. It was a girl about my age. Her hair had red splotches in it. I looked down to her chest where 4 hot dogs with ketchup now stained her shirt. I went up to her face and met her gaze.

"Are you going to get off me or what?"

Her words broke me out of the trance.

"Oh sorry."

I stood up and reached my hand down to help her up. As she stood up all the hotdogs flopped to the ground. She wiped her face with her hands.

"I'm so stupid for thinking I could carry four hot dogs back to my house..."

"What were they for?"

"Dinner for my family, we just moved here."

"I just moved here too, here let me go get you some napkins to wipe yourself off."

I then walked past her to one of the windows and asked for some napkins. When I turned around she was sitting on a bench to the side of the Wienerschnitzel. I walked over to sit next to her as I handed her the napkins.

"There should be a bathroom at the gas station across the street, why don't you go wash yourself up."

"It doesn't matter I'll still have to walk home looking like I just murdered someone."

"I can get you some clothes."

"Where are you going to find clothes, there's not a clothing store for miles..."

She keep avoiding eye contact with me. I could tell she was upset about something. She buried her head into her hands which just rubbed the ketchup deeper into the roots of her hair. I gently took both of her hands and lowered them to her lap. I held both of her hands and raised my head to meet her gaze. She gave me a baffled look.

"You're just going to have to trust me, C'mon I'll walk you over to the gas station."

She slowly let go of my hands as she gave me an unsteady look.

"Okay."

She exclaimed while she chuckled a smile. I stood up and held out my hand to help her up. She ignored my hand and stood up on her own. Awkwardly, I put my hand down as I followed her to the gas station across the street. After we crossed the street in silence, she stopped.

"We are going to have to buy something to get the key to the bathroom."

"Don't worry I'll take care of it."

I walked through the doors of the gas station to the guy behind the counter. Then I picked up a handful of jawbreakers and placed them on the counter.

"I'd like to buy this and can I get the key to the bathroom as well?"

He started to ring me up. Then I quickly ran to the nearest clothing store and grabbed some clothes for her. When I got back the guy didn't even notice I was gone. I handed him the money as he placed the keys on the counter. I grabbed everything and walked back outside. I found her standing against the door of the bathroom. As I walked over to her she raised her eyebrows while giving me a slight smirk.

"Took you long enough."

I laughed as I held out the clothes for her.

"I had to get you these clothes."

She looked down at the clothes wide eyed.

"How did you.."

I shushed her and handed her the keys.

"Don't worry about it now go wash yourself up."

She slightly smiled and grabbed the clothes from my hands.

"You're weird."

Then she walked into the bathroom and shut the door. When I walked away from the bathroom I got an idea. I sprinted over to the Wienerschnitzel and went up to an order window. Looking back at the gas station to make sure she wasn't out of the bathroom yet, I ordered four hot dogs. I made sure the girl behind the window bagged them. I paid for the hot dogs as she handed me the bag. Once I had the bag I rushed back to the gas station. I leaned against the wall next to the door of the bathroom. About ten minutes passed by before she walked out of the bathroom. When she saw me she gave me a confused smile.

"You're still here?"

She exclaimed as she stood in front of me.

"Yeah I bought these for you"

I handed her the bag of hot dogs. She grabbed the bag and looked down to see what was inside. I watched her face light up and smile the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. Then she engulfed me in an embrace. It took me by surprise. But I simply grabbed her and pulled her closer to me.

"Thank you."

She said in a whisper. I glanced at her head nuzzled into my chest. It made me realize I never wanted to let this girl go. I've never had this feeling before. Pulling her in tighter I leaned down to her ear.

"My name's Peter, by the way."

She gently let go of our embrace as she wiped her cheeks.

"y/n."

We stood there for a moment in silence but eventually y/n broke it.

"I should get these hot dogs back to my family."

She turned around and started walking away.

"Wait let me walk you home."

I ran after her till we were walking side by side.

"You don't have to."

"Why not? Plus you can tell me what you're upset about."

"I wasn't crying because I was upset, it was just a nice gesture to buy me the hot dogs that's all."

"Yeah that's not it."

"Maybe I don't want to tell my life story to a guy I just met with silver hair."

I gasped offensively.

"What's wrong with my hair?"

"No one sane dyes their hair silver."

"Actually my hair is naturally silver."

"Lying to me isn't going to get me to open up to you."

"I'm not lying it's been this way since birth."

*Present*

I took y/n's hand and stared at her motionless body lying in the hospital bed.

"Please wake up soon, I know it's only been two weeks but I miss you."

Then I heard the door creak open. I immediately let go of her hand and leaned back in my chair. Then y/n's mom entered the room.

"Hey Peter!"

She was looking at something on a piece of paper. Then she leaned down to give her daughter a kiss on her forehead. I got a glance of what was on the paper. It was a brochure of Xaiver's School For the Gifted. I only knew about that place because I had meet Charles Xavier last year.

"Excuse me, Mrs. y/l/n but why do you have a brochure for Xavier' School For the Gifted? If you don't mind me asking."

She moved the brochure behind her back and gave me a stern look.

"That's none of your business Peter!"

I stood up in my chair.

"Why are you being so weird about this?"

She then gave me a calm look as she walked over to me putting her arm over my shoulders.

"Peter your y/n's best friend right?"

I shot her a concerning look.

"Of course."

"If you found out a secret about her that could maybe potentially change the way you see her would you stop being friend's with her?"

"Never."

Then she walked back to the other side of the bed.

"Good."

I crossed my arms and waited for her to notice my rough stare.

"What's going on?"

"Peter, y/n isn't like other girls."

I scoffed at the comment.

"She's better than other girls."

She looked down and smiled a bit.

"I hope what I'm about to tell you isn't going to change that view of yours."

"It won't now just tell me."

She took a deep breath and looked at me wholeheartedly.

"y/n is a... mutant."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 1.7K 30
This is a story about you being Tony Stark's daughter. But one day while you were working down in the lab something happens. But then when it gets cl...
196K 4.5K 35
I walked home, listening to the beats on my headphones. It was a normal day, i was just minding my own business. Hiding my powers, as usual. I was ju...
30.3K 1.1K 40
21 year old Y/n just moved across the street from the Maximoffs. You are successful at a young age working for Stark Space Administration. Wanda is...
44.5K 1.1K 18
You weren't really popular in school. You'd stay later just to avoid most people. But that meant seeing Peter Maximoff all the time. Even though you...