Enamored | ✓

By AngeliqueToledo

He caressed my hair gently, his fingertips touching large chunks of silky strands, ❝I wanted to give you a c... More

0. Trailer and Author's Note
1. Acquainted
2. Intoxicated
3. Divulged
4. Dread
5. Ultimatum
6. Guilt
7. The First Game
8. La Verdad
9. Ayperos
10. Dangerous Touch
11. Confessions
12. Comfortable
13. Aggravation
14. Amor
15. Game Trois
16. Rest In Peace
17. Horrifying Roots
18. The Bridal Fruit
19. Midnight Visits
20. Teddy Bear
21. Rescue
23. Runes of Love
24. In The Arms of An Angel
25. By Blood
26. A Necessary Death
27. Savior
28. It's Over
29. Catch Me When I Fall
30. Humane
31. True Colors
32. Safe House
33. Attacked
34. Rejuvenation
35. Rejection
36. Discovery
37. Sacrifice
38. The Final Outcome
39. Ambush
40. Chosen One
41. Eternal Love
Epilogue
2ND BOOK *IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE
New Book and Upcoming Works after Enamored

22. Medio Terrae

4.7K 160 16
By AngeliqueToledo

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry for the lack of updates recently. In just one day, my life has drastically changed and it's going to take me awhile to get over it. Thank you so much for your patience over the past few days and I'd like to dedicate this chapter to jackienoelle for creating some ship names :) Angeleste and Deleste! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

Song: Meet In The Middle x Ta-ku & Wafia

"Where do we find allies?"

Father Yarvi smiled. "Among our enemies, where else?"

― Joe Abercrombie, Half the World

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My eyes were wide open when his lips moved against mine. Daemon kissed me with so much passion and intensity that it felt like he was reassuring himself that I was real. He was carrying me bridal style that although I want to move away from him, I wouldn't be able to. I pulled away from him disbelief showing on my face.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him.

He opened his mouth to speak before he let out a surprised groan. An arrow was lodged into his right shoulder.

"Let her go." One of the men who attacked me and Angelo said.

Daemon rolled his eyes in annoyance before setting me down. He pushed me behind him and pulled out the lethal arrow from his shoulder easily and threw it aside. The arrow landed on the cement with a soft thud.

"Really? I thought I already killed you." Daemon said lazily.

The man ignored Daemon and averted his gaze to me. "If you know what's good for you, you'll stay away from the both of them." he spat. The man turned to run but Angelo caught up to him and knocked him out.

"I never knew you had it in you, brother." Daemon said, clearly impressed.

Angelo trudged his way to him and punched Daemon square in the jaw. Daemon fell back but maintained his balance after awhile.

"That's for kissing my girl."

Blood dripped from the corner of Daemon's lip. "You still have your temper even as an angel, Ayperos." he taunted Angelo, a mischievous grin forming on his lips.

Angelo's eyes flashed in anger. Before another fight began between the two brothers, I intervened and stood between the two.

"What are we going to do about him?" I asked, pointing at the passed out man.

"I say I kill hi— no, let's keep him alive. He can be a messenger to his leader of what will happen if mortals don't mind their own business." Daemon suggested.

Angelo lifted up the man's long sleeve and revealed a tattoo that looked similar to the one on my forearm. However, instead of snake coiling around a rose, the man's tattoo had a snake coiling around the branches of a tree. Angelo's eyes widened in surprise when he saw the mark.

"Medio Terrae," he murmured.

I crossed my arms and faced Daemon. "Why did you save us?" I asked him, suspicion dripping from my voice.

Daemon shrugged. "I can't have the main player of my game dying before we start the fun." He drawled. "A thank you and another kiss would suffice. After all, I saved your life." Daemon suggested.

"You-you're such a—" I began, furious on how he thinks he can steal another kiss from me. There were a lot of names I wanted to call him but I kept it to myself.

"Thank you." I told him, hoping that he'd disappear soon.

As if reading my mind, Daemon flashed me a grin before walking over the man's unconscious body.

"Sadly, I must stay awhile longer in this blasted place because our situation is much more grave than I thought it would be." he said, kicking the man's arm.

I walked towards Angelo's side and clasped my hand with his. He transformed back to his human form leaving him with the plain shirt and jeans he wore.

"What do you mean?" I asked Daemon.

"If my hunch is correct, then these men were sent to capture and kill you."

************

"I have to go to school, I have a major test to take!" I complained as Angelo dragged me from his car to take me to his house.

"We can skip just this once!" Angelo replied.

"I don't want to, this is the only thing that's left from my once normal life." I murmured, my eyes downcast. After some banter and some hushed whispers between Daemon and Angelo, they decided to take me to Angelo's house to seek more information about the men we encountered.

Angelo released his grip on me. I just noticed that there were darkness underneath his eyes. He must be so exhausted from the previous nights of worrying about transforming back into a demon and dealing with his brother.

"We need more information about these men that tried to take you and kill me. I only know a little about them." Angelo said.

Daemon rolled his eyes and sighed. He walked up to me and carried me over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" I screeched punching at his back.

"You're wasting time and I can't stand staying another second longer at this place. It stinks too much of angels and pure goodness here, ugh." he answered nonchalantly.

"I can walk myself to the door, thanks." I said sarcastically. Angelo followed after us and I shot him a glare on why he and Daemon are now comrades after the things that happened between them.

Daemon set me down and I jumped away from him before scanning the living room. I've only been in Angelo's house a few times. The only moments I remembered being in the sleek well furnished living room of his home was when we were children and we were oblivious to the evils of the world around us.

"So Mr. and Mrs. De Rege aren't actually your parents, huh." I murmured to myself.

"Yes, they're not my parents. They are God's guardian angels like me. They're assigned to protect their very own human." Angelo explained.

He led me and Daemon to an intricately designed staircase that leads to a large library. The ceiling of the library was high and books lined the entire four walls. The large room was like a maze because the bookcases were lined next to each other with only a narrow space separating them were shaped in a way that caused me and Daemon to press up against each other close on our sides.

"I thought demons can't go inside an angel's home." I said.

"Only in holy places like churches, love." Daemon answered matter of factly. "I can be anywhere I please. Your room is just my favorite place to visit." He winked.

I rolled my eyes and followed Angelo to a massive table were books splayed themselves carelessly.

"Who are the Medio Terrae?" Angelo said.

"It's 'Middle Earth' in Latin." Daemon replied. He flipped through the pages of the book until he found what he was looking for.

"How do you know so many things in Latin?"  I asked him.

"It's the language of the dead." Daemon said.

"These people who tried to take Celeste are a cult whose sole purpose is to murder angels and demons." Angelo explained as he read the text.

"Haven't heard of them. They must be unsuccessful in killing my men. After all, I am powerful." Daemon scoffed examining his fingernails.

"That's not all," Angelo said. "They have been pretty dormant for the past few decades, until now."

"Why are they doing this?" I asked Angelo.

"Another purpose of this cult is to maintain the balance of power between Heaven and the Nether Realm. They know Celeste is the Bridal Fruit and that's why they want to capture and kill her."

"I guess I can just pay them a visit, their little group will be wiped out in no time. Problem solved." Daemon drawled.

Angelo slammed the book shut. "It's not as easy as it sounds Daemon. They know how to 'unmake' you."

Daemon groaned. "Ahh, this is pissing the hell out of me."

"What does 'unmake' even mean?"  I asked them both.

"It's a little bit complicated for you to understand, love." Daemon murmured softly. "But if these people are as powerful as that book claims, they have the power to kill angels and demons simultaneously in a short period of time."

Hey guys!

What did you think of this chapter as well as Angelo's and Daemon's shaky alliance? The game just got more complicated for Celeste and the rest of the players since the group Medio Terrae came along. Do you think Angelo and Daemon would finally get along as brothers to get rid of the group that threatens Celeste?

Please don't forget to vote, comment what you think, and follow me!

Xoxo,

Angelique <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

969K 40.4K 35
Copyrighted 2020 **Book 1 in the Darkness Series!** **Completed!** *Under construction* There was a creature locked away miles beneath the ston...
2.8M 125K 65
[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] The last thing Livy expects is to fall for Logan, the hot but damaged billionaire who wants to help her pay for her...
45 0 15
Fresh out of high school, Charlie looks for her spot in the world. She moves down state for her college with her best friend, Jack. One day the two g...
16.5K 809 28
What happens when the Princess of Heaven and the Son of Satan fall in love? A whole lot of trouble happens. * Lues and Celeste, a demon and an angel...