Bound

By RennieStJames

*NOW COMPLETE* Flashpoint impact fun with an 'Alternate Timeline' Team Arrow adventure story (within a story)... More

Bound
Chapter 2 - Alone
Chapter 3 - Choices
Chapter 4 - Plan A
Chapter 6 - FLASHPOINT: Oliver
Chapter 7 - FLASHPOINT: Felicity
Chapter 8 - FLASHPOINT: Diggle
Chapter 9 - FLASHPOINT: Heroes and Villains Part 1
Chapter 10 - FLASHPOINT: Heroes and Villains Part 2
Chapter 11 - FLASHPOINT: Turning Point Part 1
Chapter 12 - FLASHPOINT: Turning Point Part 2
Chapter 13 - FLASHPOINT: Team Arrow Part 1
Chapter 14 - FLASHPOINT: Team Arrow Part 2
Chapter 15 - Destiny Part 1
Chapter 16 - Destiny Part 2

Chapter 5 - Just terrific

84 1 2
By RennieStJames

Chapter 5 – Just terrific

AN: First, I didn't realize there were so many Curtis fans out there...pls don't stress at the end of this one guys as there is a completely happy ending for this story! Second, I'll probably post a second update later this week as I'm just too giddy to get to the alternate timeline chapters! ;)

*Please see Chapter 2 for SPOILER ALERT and DISCLAIMER!*

/////////

Curtis grinned at Felicity before turning to Oliver. "It's only fair that you get back-up in the field."

The others also turned to Oliver. After a moment, he grinned and offered a hand. "Thanks Curtis."

/////////

"New wheels too?" Roy asked as he saw the dark van that Curtis walked toward.

While Curtis was eager to share the details, Felicity answered before he could do so.

"Yes, it's a mobile command center with all the bells and whistles any hero needs to save the city. We have all kinds of new toys now thanks to Curtis! Maybe I should have given you a tour before you left but hey, if you rejoin Team Arrow full time then—"

"Felicity." Oliver's growl of her name made even Felicity smile even though she did pause before continuing.

"I was just going to throw in a set of knives that can cut through anything. I think that would be a big draw with this crowd." Felicity replied with a laugh.

Curtis wasn't sure if they realized that she was serious. He jumped in to provide additional information. "We actually have made improvements in the weaponry. The Palmer Tech R&D advances have provided more resilient metals, more responsive diagnostics, and better materials in general. The spheres are just the start—"

Roy provided the next interruption. "Now I see why you want us back. A little less talk, a little more action."

Curtis blinked as he stared at the young man's blank expression. He had been excited to join the Arrow and work but there was no denying that it wasn't the easiest job or the easiest group of people. His adrenaline was pumping but they all acted calm, unconcerned even. While he was still considering just how much death each had witnessed or even caused on other missions, Roy clapped a hand on his shoulder and grinned.

"You have so many lessons to learn. As long as Oliver doesn't shoot you or make you slap a bowl of water, everything will be fine though!" Roy didn't bother to hide his amusement despite Oliver's dark look. He continued grinning as Thea tugged him toward his motorcycle.

Moving toward the driver's side with a confused expression, Curtis found his way blocked by John Diggle. The man made an imposing figure with his arms crossed over his chest...which was twice as wide as Curtis' own. He couldn't help but notice Diggle's arms were thick and heavily muscled as well. When the other man didn't speak, Curtis glanced around cautiously. Oliver was already seated on his bike and his lack of an expression gave no insights. Roy and Thea were still smiling and chatting while they stood by their rides. Since the others seemed to be oblivious, Curtis swallowed nervously and tried to think of how to respectfully address the military man.

Diggle waited a few more moments before simply holding out one hand, palm up. When Curtis remained confused, he spoke to Felicity instead. "Have I already been replaced as the black driver?"

Curtis' mouth hung open as the others, even Oliver, laughed openly. He did quickly turn over the keys and moved to climb in the passenger side. Curtis was still somewhat shell-shocked. The others teased and bantered easily along the drive as if they were on a road trip instead of a serious mission. Only after they arrived did things proceed more seriously with Felicity being the only one to provide status updates over the comms. Once they moved into position close to the shipping plant, it was Oliver who spoke.

"Everyone in place?"

Oliver's question was answered in a succession of quick one word agreements from everyone but Curtis.

"Answer him! What's wrong?" Felicity could see Curtis was there and unharmed but his lack of a response concerned her. She had brought him into this. It was his first real time in the field though and if he froze up then the entire Team was at risk.

"I'm here. Nothing's wrong. I'm just terrific, actually." Curtis' excitement was obvious in his tone. His wide eyes watched the data from the spheres fill his goggles. He could see each of the others as well as the soldiers lined up behind the walls. It was like a live-action version of the computer games he played as a kid. "I can't believe this. Are you getting all of this, Felicity?"

"Overwatch." Oliver corrected in a low growl.

"Got everything, Mr. Terrific! Now get ready to move." Felicity chastised as well causing the others to smile.

Plan A didn't go exactly as Felicity had hoped.

On Oliver's signal, Roy and Thea moved forward to provide a distraction and engage the guards on the north side. Diggle and Curtis raced to search the building and plant the needed explosives with the floating spheres providing an early warning system. Oliver was stationed on the roof and unleashed a torrent of arrows to protect Thea and Roy. The guards were obviously strong and both felt more than a few landed strikes. When Thea went down hard for the second time Oliver used the fire escape to jump into the fray.

Felicity watched the scene unfold but was surprised to note no soldiers inside moved. She could see the security alarm had been triggered and worked to piggyback on the signal. If she could hack into the system she might be able to pull the necessary data without risking the Team further. Curtis moved to the first computer terminal while Diggle set up the explosives.

"Mr. Terrific, is that data live?" Felicity asked while staring at the monitor which mirrored his goggles. She could already see something was wrong.

Curtis made several attempts but the conclusion became obvious. "It's a dummy system. Even the security signal was sent to a remote system instead of this server. What do you think—"

"Get out!" Felicity gave the cry as she worked to interfere with the incoming signal. "There's a signal coming back which means—"

"The building is already wired to blow!" Diggle concluded Felicity's words.

The Team responded quickly but Diggle and Curtis found their exit blocked by more guards. When the sound of more fighting was heard over the comms, Oliver gave Thea and Roy the order to run. He moved to provide back-up to Diggle and Curtis.

With a nod, Thea and Roy split up. He ran down the street with several soldiers following while she climbed up to the roof. Moving quickly, she fired arrows at those following her and those who had caught up with Roy. Like Oliver's, her arrows were laced with a chemical to counteract the serum. So far, it appeared to slow them down but didn't knock them out. Thea watched Roy slide a blade from his suit once he was standing again. As much as she wanted to help the others, there were too many soldiers for her or Roy to get away.

"Overwatch?" Thea called out as she made her way back down to street level with Roy.

Felicity had already moved one of Curtis' spheres away to follow the pair. She wasn't sure if it would work but she clicked to release the counter agent in a gas form. It wasn't ideal but she had to hope it would work. "Masks on!"

Roy pulled up his mask up and saw Thea do the same while she rolled to the side. They exchanged a look but could do little else surrounded by guards. It took several long moments before they noticed some had passed out or simply staggered to the side.

"It's working!" Thea updated and accepted the hand up from Roy. They moved back toward the plant to help the rest of the Team.

"No, stay back." Felicity ordered even though she knew they would ignore her. She continued to move the spheres closer to Oliver, Diggle, and Curtis. Considering the possible explosion, she still hesitated to release the fumes. She and Curtis had theorized that the gas would accelerate any fire.

Oliver dodged one strike and gave Felicity the order. "Do it now!" He pulled the mask up to protect his air supply and moved to block an attack to give Diggle time to do the same. Curtis was currently unconscious on the ground to his left. With a strike, slide, and flip, Oliver reached the prone man and pulled his mask up. He felt the punch to the ribs he left unprotected while lifting Curtis up to a fireman's carry. Diggle took out the attacker before Oliver turned around.

Diggle gave a nod and stepped to Oliver's side. Both knew they needed to keep moving.

The sound of shattering glass was barely heard above the noise but Roy's call got the men's attention. Looking up, they saw Roy and Thea standing on a shipping container just outside the newly open window. Sending a cable down, Thea continued to fire arrows while Oliver and Diggle worked to secure Curtis into the harness. As Roy and Thea pulled him up, Oliver and Diggle continued to fight. The gas had reduced their numbers but in some it seemed to have the opposite effect. The remaining guards fought with crazed vengeance which the Team struggled to defend against.

Felicity tried not to be distracted by the vicious battle noises. She was facing her own difficulties. The time it took release the gas allowed the host server to again send the signal. Staring in horror, she knew the Team had mere moments to get safely out.

"Move out!"

Understanding Felicity's urgency, Roy shot another line down to Diggle while Thea protected his back. Once Diggle was out, all three turned to find Oliver running away from them. All fired to guard him when he started a zigzag pattern to cross back. Using a rising soldier for additional leverage, Oliver flew through window. Diggle and Roy moved to the side as Oliver rolled out of the dive. Gaining his feet, Oliver spun around and fired more arrows toward the soldiers gathering below them.

Hoisting Curtis up, Diggle gestured to Roy to lead while Thea and Oliver pulled up the rear. Taking only a few steps, the force of the explosion shattered the night and launched them through the air. Once they crashed down hard, the ground beneath them seemed to tremble and groan. An eerie silence then descended as a mushroom cloud of smoke and fumes billowed up to conceal even the light of the moon.

A bright light flashed hotly...but for just a single brief moment before there was only darkness once again.

////////

AN2 – Yes, it's a big of a cliffhanger because I'm naughty like that and needed a dramatic signal for the beginning of AU world! :) The next chapter does divert into alternate time but we'll pick up where this chapter leaves off in a few weeks! Pls just stick with me and try to have fun with this one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.3K 668 22
Hey guys! Here's another Olicity fanfic. I honestly know that a lot of you don't read my fan fiction but to the people who do, I LOVE YOU All Rights...
30.6K 931 23
Barry and Caitlin had dated in high school, but when they both went to separate colleges, they drifted apart and eventually broke up. Years later, Ca...
2.1K 96 15
Team Arrow (original three plus Roy and Thea) must face the ghosts of the past, new villains in the present, and look to the future to become a Team...
23.7K 368 17
Originally titled, Flashpoint FanFic Taking place about 2 years after the finale of the TV show FLASHPOINT, Team One has had several losses, includin...