Cadagorien And Its Lost Princ...

By bees_in_my_head

My name is Prince Merlin Aragon Ambrosius, and I hate being a prince, so much that I ran away from home, to l... More

Fine! I will go and I will NEVER return to Cadagorien!
Another hard days work for the Royal Prat
Save His Sorry Ass
The Knights Of Cadagorien
Why Did You Lie?
Old Friends and Grave News
Those That I have lost
Helping hand
Into The Woods
Almost Home
Home at last
Execution day
Light fights away the darkness
Dungeons
My Glorious Escape Attempts
Escape
New cover!
Epilogue
Picture!!!^^^^^^
Me!
SEQUEL IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be King

2.1K 74 38
By bees_in_my_head

I stand by the window in my old chambers, looking down on my Kingdom. The rising sun shines down on the rooftops, sending a warm glow into my room. People of all ages run through the streets towards the castle. Children play and chase each other as they go. That's the sort of thing I have always loved, children being happy and playing.

Someone knocks at the door, making me jump. I turn around and walk to the door. I open it slightly and take a look outside. There he stands, his golden hair messy and his sapphire eyes, almost glowing, staring up at me. A nervous smile plays on his lips and his cheekbones stand out perfectly, making him seem more mature than he is. A golden crown is sat upon his head and his long crimson cape hangs off his broad shoulders. A tingling feeling begins to appear in my stomach, like a hundred angels dancing inside me.

"Arthur!" I say, I grin and swing the door wider so that he can come in. He walks into my chambers, closing the door behind him.

"Hey, Merlin," he says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Are you okay? Is there anything you need?"

"Um, not exactly, I just wanted to see if you needed any help getting --er-- ready," he says with a cough.

I look down at the outfit I am wearing. I still haven't got changed out of my usual clothes.

"Well..." I laugh. "Probably, I am not used to wearing those clothes myself," I say, with a chuckle, gesturing to the clothes on the bed. I can dress Arthur, but I am terrible at looking after myself and making myself look half decent.

"Right, okay," his cheeks turn a rosy pink and he bites his lip. The tingling grows stronger when I look at his lips. Jesus... what is wrong with me? I am going to look away now...

"Yeah, I--um-- I'll just go behind the screen," I say awkwardly.

I pick up the clothes and walk behind the changing screen. As I get changed Arthur starts to talk.

"So, King Merlin? It's got a ring to it," he laughs.

"I'm not King yet!"

"Seriously?! You have an hour or so," he laughs.

"I can't imagine being King, from servant to King is a big leap. I don't think I want a whole Kingdom resting on my shoulders," I mumble. Every word was true. I don't want to have to care for so many people at once. I don't think I could handle it. So many people looking up to me for help.

"You won't be alone Merlin, I can promise you that," I pause for a moment and think about what he said. Being alone is the opposite of what I want. Loneliness terrifies me. I just want someone to stand by me. when I don't answer he carries on.

"There are so many people here for you. Your Mother, your Knights, your friends...me. We will always have someone, no matter who. People care for you. People love you. Your Kingdom trusts you, you would be a great King, the best King in all the world. You are amazing Merlin. You are witty, kind, loyal, and I hate to admit it, but I would even say that you are wise. You are everything a Kingdom needs. Cadagorien would be proud to have you as their ruler. I am proud of you. You hid your secret for so long, you hid who you are to protect your family, your Kingdom and me. Thank you Merlin," he says.

By the time he has finished my eyes have welled up with tears and my heart hammers in my chest. I walk back from behind the screen (fully dressed, and a bit messy). Arthur is sat on the edge of the bed looking at his hands. When he looks up and sees my tears, he stands and with his arms outstretched. He pulls me into a hug and I burrow my head into his neck.

"Sh, it's okay," he says, resting his chin on my shoulder.

We stand in the embrace, holding each other, until my tears dry. I pull back and wipe my eyes. He stands back and takes in my appearance. A smirk appears on his face and he shakes his head with a chuckle.

"Look at you. Your hair is stood on end and your jacket is crumpled! Come here let me sort you out," he laughs. I look down at my clothes and a grin appears on my face. It seems that I really am terrible at making myself look presentable.

"Honestly Merlin! It's a miracle that manage to make me look half decent in the mornings!" He chuckles.

He reaches up and tucks my neckerchief into the jacket neatly, brushing down to get rid of crumples. His fingers brush momentarily over my skin and my heart stops for second, skipping a beat. I don't know what is wrong with me, this feeling is so familiar, yet so new. His hands trail down my chest as he straightens my jacket and begins to fasten the buttons. He takes such a long time, and, I am not going to lie, I'm not complaining. He stands back to admire his work, well I think it's his work that he's admiring, and then his eyes trail up to my hair.

"Oh dear Merlin, you seriously need a hair cut, you look like you have mop on your head," he chuckles. He reaches up and begins to fix my messed up locks. The feeling send shivers up my spine and I flinch slightly at the odd feeling. Once he's done he takes my hand and leads me to the mirror.

"There."

I stare back at my reflection. The deep blue coat fits perfectly, tight in the perfect places, showing my thin build. The grey neckerchief covers my collarbone and neck. My hair actually sits properly, with no tufts sticking up at the back.

"Not bad! I actually look presentable," I say with a grin.

I watch in the reflection as Arthur steps closer behind me. His hands rest on my shoulders and glint of admiration shows in his midnight blue eyes.

"You look perfect," his smile shows on his lips as he looks at my reflection.

"Wait, I have something for you, wait here," he disappears for a moment, leaving me in the room alone with my reflection. I stare at myself. A strange feeling sits in my stomach, and a single tear falls from my eye, curving around my cheekbone and dripping from my chin. I am going to miss him, I don't think that I could handle ruling a Kingdom without him there, I couldn't cope.

The door opens and I turn to see Arthur with a long piece of blue material hanging in my arms. He walks over and swings it around my shoulders and fastens the buckle. I look back at the mirror at the cape. It hangs off my shoulders and it reaches my knees. On left shoulder the Ambrosius crest is embroidered. The silver ring with the dragon twisted around it, the silver fire erupting from its mouth. It's amazing.

"Thank you," I say, my fingers resting on the symbol.

"And look at this," he says as he reaches around and points at one of the silver buckles that ties the cape around me. I look at it closely and a smile spreads on my lips. The Pendragon crest is marked into the metal, coated in gold.

"Something to remember your life in Camelot by," he says with a sad smile. I turn around and look at him, he is standing closer to me than I thought and our noses touch. It shocks me. We stand in that position just staring at each other. He eyes sparkle like the stars at night, a soft kindness in them. We both lean forward, just slightly and for a moment I think that our lips would touch, but I lean away. We are still close, but not too close.

"I will miss you," I say. A tear falls from his lashes. He wraps his arms around me suddenly, holding me close to his chest.

"I will miss you too," he whispers.

A knock at the door shocks us both and we step away from each other. The door opens to reveal Lancelot.

"It's time to go," he says to me with a proud grin. He looks between us momentarily and his eyes shows understanding. My cheeks heat up and I know that I am blushing. I bite my lip nervously to hide my grin.

"Come on, let's go," he says as her pulls the door wider so we can fit through.

We walk through the corridor in silence. Each step closer to the throne room, makes my legs shake more. My heart hammers mercilessly against my chest, and my lungs grow tight, almost cutting off my air supply, as I walk slowly through the corridor.
Arthur walks to my right and Lancelot to my left. The silence is deafening and all I can hear is my heart thumping, banging fiercely against my ribs.

By the time we reach the throne room doors, tears are streaming from my eyes and my legs are so weak that I can barely stand. My chest is heaving and I can't catch any breath. A lean against the wall for a moment, trying to contain myself, but to no avail.

"Merlin, sit down," Lancelot says. He and Arthur both help me down. I sit on the stone floor and lean my head against the wall. Arthur takes my hand and gives it a soft squeeze. And the knight lays his hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay, everything will be fine," Lancelot says gently.

"But how do you know that? What if-- what if the people don't trust me? What if I m-mess up? What if I am not strong enough to rule a ---Kingdom?" I say, my voice shakes and cracks as I speak.

"Merlin, look at me," Arthur places a gentle hand on my chin and lifts my head up and I look up into the sapphire eyes.

"You are great man, kind and sweet. You a loyal and generous. You are selfless. You are the perfect ruler for this Kingdom, your people saw what you did back at the battle, how you gave everything for them, you gave up your freedom and allowed yourself to be held captive for them. They trust you. And if you mess up, do what you do best and laugh it off, you have people here for you, who would kindly help you out. And you are strong enough, you are the most powerful sorcerer in all The Five Kingdom's for crying out loud. You are amazing. You have been strong so far, you can still do this. And if you ever feel alone, or weak just remember that those that you love, and you will find your strength right here," he reaches forward and points to my chest.

My heart.

I look into his sapphire eyes and, absentmindedly, lay my hand where his finger points. I feel a soft thump thump of my heart beat. I look back up at those eyes.

"And what about you? Will I ever see you again when you return home?" I ask, hoping beyond hope that I will.

"We will find a way. There is always a way," he says. He squeezes my hand again and a small smile reaches my lips.

I push the heels of my hands into my eyes to stop the tears. My breathing has slowed and my heart has reached its proper tempo. I slowly stand and help Arthur and Lancelot to stand, then I give them the biggest grin that I can. I turn towards the great oak doors and take a deep breath.

"I'm ready," I say.

Lancelot opens the door and nods to the elder. Someone in the room begins to speak.

"Presenting, his Royal Highness, Merlin Aragon Ambrosius," as soon as the voice finishes speaking, the doors are swung open wide. I take a deep breath.

"Let's do this," I walk forward and through the doorway.

All eyes in the room watch me as I walk down the aisle. A royal blue carpet is layed below my feet as I make my way to the throne at the front of the hall. I pick people out of the crowd. Ray, Manfred and Jon. They stand together with big grins on their faces. Each one with a proud glint in their eyes. Raymond nods his head at me and then pulls a cheeky grin, which makes me chuckle inwardly. I continue walking, looking to the right of me. So many familiar faces look at me, and some faces are new, either way each one bows their head in respect.

As I get closer to the front of the hall, my Mother stands by her own throne, tears of joy in her eyes. She smiles at me kindly and then bows her head, just like everyone else. When I reach the front, I look to my left and there he is with a kind smile on his face, Arthur, and with Lancelot beside him. They must have ran around the side of the hall to get to the front. I grin and kneel on the step before the elder, Addagon.

"Do you promised to rule the people of Cadagorien, according to their laws?"

"I swear that I do," I say in the strongest voice I can, but in fact I am secretly terrified.

"Do you promise to rule as a fair and just King, showing mercy in times of justice?"

"I do," oh god here it comes... My chest begins to almost explode with my infuriating heartbeat.

"Then I, by the sacred laws vested in me, crown you, Merlin, King of Cadagorien!"

He leans forward and places the silver crown upon my head. The metal is heavy and it takes me a moment before I am able to stand straight. I turn and face the courtiers and my people, a nervous grin on my face. Then in a strong voice, Addagon shouts out the words that I never thought I'd hear, not for me anyway.

"Long live the King!"

"Long live the King!" The crowd begins to shout.

I look out over the crowd of people, all chanting the same words, friends, family and strangers alike. Then my eyes settle on one man, his smile grows wide, and his eyes a rimmed with heart-warming tears. His eyes stay focused on mine as he shouts.

"Long live the King!"

Yaaaayyyyy!!!! Merlin is king! Gahhh I am so excited! My cinnamon roll is a King!

I went through so emotions writing this chapter. It's so happy but sad at the same time.

And oh my god I ship Merthur sooo much! It's just got adorable now! I have officially decided that I will do a sequel because I have an amazing idea!!! But shhhhhh it's a secret I'm not telling :)

There will be at least one more chapter before the end of this book. (Probably the prologue)

Oh my god! 1.39K reads so far! I didn't even think I could make it past 10 never mind 1000! I am freaking out! And it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for you. It's so nice to have dedicated readers :')

You guys are amazing by the way! Just thought I'd let y'all know! Anyways see ya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 137 10
TW: Attempted suicide ! CAUTION: MAY CONTAIN SERIOUS FEELS ! This is a Merthur fanfic. For those who don't ship, don't read. Out of the corner of...
3.4K 77 14
disclaimer: I do not own Merlin all right go to BBC Currently undergoing editing What if his Magic wasn't the only secret Merlin was keeping from Ar...
17.6K 662 20
Arthur Pendragon has always trusted his father's opinion of sorcery. He has witnessed, first hand, the atrocities Camelot's enemies could commit with...
124K 4.3K 22
Merlin works tirelessly to save the life of King Arthur the once and future king. Although even he knows it's not his only destiny. Somewhere even i...