Uninvited

By SheHopes

[COMPLETED] When down on her luck, Abby Redding lands a position as the personal assistant for wealthy busine... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36: The Final Chapter
Bonus Chapter: Part 1
Bonus Chapter: Part 3
Bonus Chapter: Hawk & Felicia

Bonus Chapter: Part 2

34.1K 2.1K 783
By SheHopes

"Alex, I told you we can't do this here," Abby whispered as Alex wrapped an arm around her waist. She was on his lap and he was refusing to let her up.

"Why not?"

"Anyone could walk in," Abby said. "Plus, it's the office! We agreed to separate business and personal stuff, remember?"

"I never agreed to that." He leaned over and quickly kissed her lips, "Besides, I'm the boss. I can do whatever I want, remember? And since you're my girlfriend..."

Abby squeezed his cheeks, "Then I can report you to HR?"

He leaned forward and pulled her into a deeper kiss. Abby smiled against his lips, "You're a very bad influence."

"Am I?" he pulled her closer and Abby groaned as his hands tightened around her.

They didn't hear the knock at the door or the embarrassed gasp of Alex's mother.

"Oh my," Mrs. Carter said loudly before clearing her throat. When that didn't work she clapped her hands together several times and even stomped her foot.

Abby opened her eyes and pushed herself off of Alex's lap. She looked down at her blouse and noticed Alex had unbuttoned several of the pearl beads, exposing her chest. She twirled around and adjusted her clothing while Alex quickly ran his thumb across his lips, hoping Abby's lipstick wasn't all over his face.

"Mother, haven't you ever heard of knocking?" he asked, clearly not willing to make an excuse for what his mother just walked into.

"I'm so sorry Mrs. Carter," Abby whispered, her head lowered.

"What are you sorry about?" Alex asked. "You're my girlfriend. What kind of man would I be if I didn't try to seduce my girlfriend every chance I got?"

Abby gave him a worried glance and shook her head but he just winked at her.

"Abby," Mrs. Carter said slowly. "Would you mind leaving me and my son alone for a few moments?"

Abby's eyes widened as she turned to Alex who shook his head. He wanted her to stay.

"Please," Mrs. Carter said firmly. Abby understood it wasn't a request. She grimaced before shooting an apologetic look at Alex and dashing out of the office.

"You scared her, Mother," Alex said, chagrined.

Mrs. Carter lifted her clutch and brought it down on Alex's shoulder, "You aught to be ashamed of yourself! What if someone else had come in your office and saw you groping your assistant?"

Alex lifted his arms, chuckling, "You and Felicia are the only ones brave enough to enter without my permission."

"I don't want people gossiping about her."

"They won't gossip about her," Alex assured her as he stepped out of her reach. He adjusted his tie. "Everyone knows we're in a relationship. They wouldn't dare get on my bad side."

"Not to your face," his mother muttered. "You two have been dating for awhile now. Longer than any other girl I've seen you with."

"So?"

"So?" his mother repeated, mocking him. "So your father and I can't help but wonder how long it's going to take before you give us a grandchild."

Alex coughed and looked away.

"Oh no you don't," his mother pulled at his suit's collar. "You knew this was coming so don't act shy."

"Mother, just because we're seriously dating, doesn't mean I'm trying to get her pregnant."

"Why not? Don't you want children?"

Alex paled, "Well...I suppose. Eventually. Yes, eventually."

Mrs. Carter took a deep breath, "As long as it's not off the table completely, I guess I should be satisfied. So how's it going with the Digi-Watch? Which actor did you pick to be in the commercial?"

"I haven't picked anyone as of yet," Alex answered.

"Good. I have someone in mind," his mother said as she pulled out a magazine from her bag and tossed it on his desk. "Hawk Harrington. Lord, even his name is sexy. I want him in the commercial."

"Mother, it isn't up to you."

"Don't you trust my instincts?" she asked.

"You're not exactly our demographic-"

"Abby!" Mrs. Carter shouted, causing Alex's girlfriend to come rushing in.

"Yes, Mrs. Carter?"

"You didn't have to yell," Alex grumbled as he walked over to stand by Abby.

Mrs. Carter pointed to the magazine, "What do you think of him?"

Abby's eyes softened, "Of Hawk Harrington? He's gorgeous."

"What?" Alex balked. "Y-you think he's gorgeous? Even after seeing me all this time? You still think he's-"

"Be quiet son," Mrs. Carter grinned. "It's settled. Hawk Harrington will be the spokesman for the Digi-Watch. I talked to his mother this morning. She said he's in Hawaii. Isn't that where Felicia went?"

Both Alex and Abby stared at her blankly.

"What?" she shrugged. "His agent wouldn't say, so I had to call his mother. I think the two of you should fly to Hawaii and close this deal."

"Hawaii?" Abby turned to Alex who was shaking his head.

"Are you telling me you won't?" his mother asked.

"We are incredibly busy here," Alex reminded her. "I have to-"

"I already booked the flights and the room. I almost sound like Felicia, don't I? You two need to leave in two hours," his mother cackled. She headed towards the exit but stopped in front of the door to look at her son, "Remember what I'm expecting from you."

After she was gone, Abby turned towards Alex, "What's she expecting from you?"

Alex sighed, "A grandson."

Abby coughed before choking out a response, "I should check on...anything." She practically ran out of the office, leaving Alex to himself.

He opened his desk drawer and pulled out a small velvet box while thinking that his life was changing every moment of every day.

Meanwhile: In Hawaii...

"Hello, I have a reservation for Felicia Donahue. I should have the Presidential Suite."

The worker at the luxury hotel smiled as her fingers flew over the keyboard in front of her, "Oh my, what's this? I can't believe...oh no."

"Is there a problem?" Felicia asked.

The worker grimaced, "I apologize, Ms. Donahue. It appears we overbooked the Presidential Suite."

Felicia's hands tightened around the handle of her suitcase, "What? How is that even possible?"

"Did you say the Presidential Suite?" a familiar voice said from behind.

The hotel worker's eyes widened, "Mr. Harrington!"

Hawk flashed her smile and winked, "In the flesh. My manager said he booked me the best suite in this hotel."

"Yes," the worker bobbed her head up and down.

Felicia banged her hand on the counter, "Excuse me, but I was here first."

The worker leaned forward and whispered, "I know, but he booked his reservation first."

Felicia held her breath as Hawk's laughter grew behind her. He playfully nudged her and whispered, "Did you forget? You snooze. You lose?"

The Following Morning: Poolside

Felicia was sipping on her orange juice which had been poured in some fancy wine glass while the sun beat down on her as she stared at the other guests enjoying their stay at the hotel. She had been given a suite...not the Presidential Suite, but it would have to do. Travelling alone wasn't exactly exciting but at least she wasn't at home. She picked up her phone and checked her e-mails. Abby had sent one the day before.

Hi Felicia,

I hope you're enjoying your trip. I'm only sending you this because you made me promise to keep you updated but please don't think about work while you're on vacation. We're doing fine. I can tell Alex misses you. He keeps calling for you and then remembers you're not here.

By the way, you'll never guess who Alex is determined to nab as the new model for the Digi-watch. Hawk Harrington! It was his mother's idea. Mr. Harrington's manager is being mum about where he is but he promised Alex he'd look over the proposal and contract. I'm surprised Alex agreed to choose him since he had that scandal with his girlfriend a few years back. I asked Alex about it and he said it was "old news."

Anyway, we'll see you soon.

-Abby

Felicia let her phone drop in her lap. Hawk Harrington? She scanned the crowd by the pool and sneered when she recognized the blonde muscular man wearing sunglasses coming her way. He kept turning back to look over his shoulder, before plopping down in the lounge chair next to hers.

"Can I help you?" Felicia asked, her voice cold and uninterested.

Hawk smiled, "You already are, doll."

Felicia forced herself not to roll her eyes, "And how exactly am I helping you?"

He lowered his voice and whispered, "I'm being followed."

Felicia discreetly looked around but didn't notice anyone staring in their direction, "By who? Your imagination?"

Hawk grinned, "You're a feisty one, aren't you? No, not by my imagination. By my ex, Samantha. She was always possessive. Couldn't let go of me. Not that I blame her..."

"I can sense that you're very humble," Felicia said sarcastically.

"Well, I'm honest at the very least," Hawk said. "Anyway, I figure if I sit by you, she'll think I'm taken and back off."

Felicia looked again but didn't see anyone. She turned back to Hawk, who had his eyes closed as he allowed the sun to bathe him. So this was who Mr. Carter wanted to use. Perhaps she could do a little work.

"Mr. Harrington, are you here for work or pleasure?" Felicia asked.

"None of the above. I'm here to escape."

"Escape?"

"I told you," he said. "My ex-girlfriend keeps following me around."

"Mr. Harrington, I believe in being upfront and honest."

"Good for you," he murmured.

"Which is why I should tell you that I work for CallaTech Industries."

"And?" Hawk was clearly not impressed.

"And my boss wants you to be the model for his next campaign."

"No."

"No?"

Hawk opened an eye, "I told you I was here to escape."

Felicia scooted closer to him, "You can't escape work."

"Yes, I can. I'm rich."

Felicia was suddenly reminded of her boss, "Listen, this would be a great opportunity for you."

"I told you, I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because my ex won't let me. She bugs me wherever I go. She won't stop following me around."

"That's not a problem," Felicia said. "We'll hire you several bodyguards to protect you from this...Samantha."

Hawk chuckled, "Bodyguards won't help."

"Then what will? What can I do to convince you to take this project on?"

Hawk smirked before eyeing Felicia up and down, "Be my girlfriend."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me," Hawk said. "Be my girlfriend. Maybe if she sees me with someone new, she'll leave me alone."

"You're constantly surrounded by woman in the tabloids. Isn't that enough to convince her?"

"No. She knows none of those women are serious. I need her to think I'm in a committed relationship."

Felicia scanned the crowd but didn't see anyone looking towards them which was surprising because surely anyone with eyes would stop and stare at the man next to her. She frowned, "What exactly would pretending to be your girlfriend entail?"

"Exactly what it sounds like. You pretend to be my girlfriend until she leaves me alone. I should mention you'll have to move into my suite."

"What?"

"To convince her."

Felicia's eyes narrowed, "Is this a joke? Are you some kind of celebrity pervert? Why would I need to move into your suite? What are you going to say next? That we sleep in the same bed?"

Hawk shrugged, "It has to look convincing and she has eyes everywhere."

"You're insane."

"No, I'm desperate," Hawk admitted. "The truth is, she's been disturbing my work. Even if I wanted to work for CallaTech, I couldn't. Not with her constantly watching every move I make."

"Haven't you gone to the police?"

"They can't help. Listen, if you help me...I'll do anything. I'll do the project plus any other projects your boss wants. I'll even ask him to give you a raise."

Felicia's eyebrows rose, "Anything?"

"Yes, anything. Just know that I need you to be so convincing even you think you're my real girlfriend."

Felicia thought of the raise she could potentially get if she helped Alex land this deal. She grinned before turning back to Hawk and extending her hand, "Deal."

He pulled her towards him and released the breath he was holding, "Thank you. I really hope this works."

They stood up and Felicia froze when she heard someone calling her name.

"Felicia, I've been calling you!"

Hawk placed an arm around her and frowned at the man coming towards them. He whispered to Felicia, "You're already cheating on me?"

"What?"

"Hi there," Hawk grinned, pushing up his sunglasses as he greeted the dark-haired blue-eyed Adonis in front of him.

"Who are you?" the man asked.

Hawk pulled a mute Felicia closer, "Didn't my honey-bun tell you? I'm her boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?"

"Yes, her boyfriend," Hawk said. "Who are you?"

The man raised an eyebrow, "I'm her boss."

"Felicia!" Abby Redding waved her arms in the air as she came running towards the disgruntled trio. She stopped mid-run when she recognized Hawk Harrington and a goofy smile broke out on her face.

Alex scowled, "Stop smiling at him."

"But he's Hawk Harrington," Abby said. "And we came here because-"

"Because we wanted to take a trip together," Alex said a little too loudly.

"Did you get my e-mail?" Abby asked Felicia.

"No," Felicia lied. "I haven't gotten a chance to look at it."

"So how do you two know each other?" Abby asked.

"She's his honey bun," Alex answered.

A moment of silence passed before Abby giggled and grabbed Felicia's hand, "Excuse me, but I have to use the ladies room and so does Felicia."

"I do?"

"You do," Abby said, dragging Felicia along. Once they were out of earshot from the men, Abby held Felicia's shoulders, "Are you really going out with Hawk Harrington? I mean he's handsome and all but how did you two meet? And doesn't his past scare you?"

"His past?"

"I know you know what happened between me and Bryce but that was self-defense. Taking someone's life isn't something to ignore. Well, it's not like he was found guilty or anything. I think it's pretty cool of you not to hold that against him if you are dating."

"Ms. Redding, what are you talking about?" Felicia asked.

"Hawk Harrington. I know you don't keep up with the entertainment industry but it had been on the news for awhile as well. He had been accused of murdering his ex-girlfriend."

"Murdering his ex-girlfriend?" Felicia repeated.

"Yes, it was a long time ago but his ex-girlfriend was found in her home, a gunshot to the head. The police ended up ruling it a suicide but for a long time he had been suspect number one. I think her name was Miles. Samantha Miles."
_____________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 946 28
Featured by @fright for AAPIHM. ___ A librarian gets sucked into a web of horror as she investigates a century-old disappearance in the new town she...
246K 14.9K 61
𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 (𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄) Jade Grogan, the youngest millionaire in the city among his other two brothers, i...
11K 1.2K 67
Are dolls innocent figurines as the advertisements on television say? Or is there something sinister that lurks inside of them? As the last heir of a...
200K 10.7K 41
(𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞🔞) As the daughter of the Windcrest pack's Alpha, Natalia Macalister had always been forced by her father...