Strike Team Demigod [Percy Ja...

Per straightouttaarrows

------------------------BOOK 2 IN THE DEMIGOD AVENGER SERIES------------------------ (if you haven't read the... Més

Prolouge
Chapter 1 - Training, Threatening and Five Minutes Before Capture the Flag
Chapter 2 - Capture the Flag Part II and Fury's Interuption
Chapter 3 - You look awfully healthy for someone who's supposed to be dead
Chapter 4 - Why are there two of you?!?!?!
Chapter 5 - We've kept an eye on you two. (That's not creepy or anything)
Chapter 6 - From SHIELD to STARK Towers
Chapter 7 - Dreams of the Past
A/N: PLZ READ!!
SNEAK PEEK: Life in Avengers Tower
Chapter 8 - Other Segal and The Barton Household
➳➳➳ Lock Screen Tag ➳➳➳
Chapter 9 - Snowball fights interrupted by a certain Director of Fury
Chapter 10 - From a farmhouse.....to another farmhouse.
Chapter 11 - Anxiety and Fire people who want to kill us..........lovely
Chapter 12 - Do you want me to keep eating it?
<<---- Handwriting Tag ---->>
Chapter 13 - Interrogated by an Insane Individual
Chapter 14 - The Real Mandarin
➸➸A-Z Tag and Shoutout!!➸➸
Chapter 15 -It's Recruiting Time Again
Chapter 16 - The Big Fight...and I get a new glove
Chapter 17 - Breaking in the Recruits and The Potato Gun Mark II
FOR GODS SAKES STEVE DOESN'T LIKE THAT KIND OF TALK!!!
Chapter 18 - Blizzard and Last Minute Changes
Chapter 19 - You call that running? (PLUS A LITTLE CW RANT: NO SPOLIERS)
Chapter 20 - Well, this is awkward
Chapter 21 - Netflix and.....yeah, that's really about it
Chapter 22 - Taking a Trip Down His Memory Lane
MARVEL FANFIC AWARDS
Chapter 23 - You Again....
Isn't a chapter but still important **PLEASE READ**
Chapter 24 - Have you ever been on the run before?!
Chapter 25 - She only acts like she knows everything
Chapter 26 - "Specimen"
Chapter 27 - I Jinxed It......Whoops
Chapter 28 - I don't remember giving any of you an address + SNEAK PEEK
Chapter 29 - Uhh...I know who the hell Bucky is??? But I don't think that helps
Chapter 31 - Can't kill you if you're already dead
Chapter 32 - My Dad...isn't who I thought he was
A/N: 16k & 500 votes!!!! + Q/A maybe???
Chapter 33 - "We're okay,"
Epilogue
NEXT BOOK IS POSTED!!

Chapter 30 - Fitz indirectly saves our lives

499 16 11
Per straightouttaarrows

Connor POV:

A few hours earlier....

"What's going on?" I ask as agents run past my workspace toward the garage before turning back to the algorithm on my computer. Dad looks up from his work and surveys the noise.

"Well, I'd assume that the asset has found Captain Rogers and Alexis and that team's going to pick them up. Goodness Connor, I thought you knew how things like this worked."

"Yeah," I say and look back down at my workspace. Let's just say I've been wondering what this algorithm that is supposed to run Insight is. So, let's just say I was able to find my way into the system. Lexi isn't the only one who knows their way around a computer.

But now that I'm in, the algorithm is the exact opposite than what I thought it would be. I scroll through the targets of what will be the Insight carriers and see the names of innocent people, Avengers, scientists, agents. Friends and family. My name lands on a set of names and my stomach drops.

Targeted Demigods:

Agent Alexis Carson

Agent Leo Valdez

Agent Calypso

Strike Team Demigod Members

Demigod populations of Long Island, NY

Demigod populations of San Fransisco, CA

I swear under my breath and quickly change my screen. They may as well have said demigod but me.

But there's no way Dad knows what's really going on right? "Hey, Dad?"

"Yes, Connor?" He replies, not looking up from his computer.

"How is this going to help SHIELD?" I ask and he looks at me confused. "I mean I know that I've been working with you on Project Insight forever, so I just want to know that my work here is going to pay off."

Dad smiles, almost relieved. "Connor, these carriers are going to keep the world safe and bring justice to those who deserve it before they have a chance to make the world worse. Those who stand in the way of progress, no matter who they are. You understand?"

A pit forms in my stomach but I fake a smile. "Of course. Good to know that my work and time is being put to good use. One last thing."

"Go ahead?"

"Do you mind if I take the night off? I don't really want to be here when they bring Lexi in."

He lets out an understanding smile. "Of course."

I give him a forced hug and leave the room before heading out of the building and walking home. I pull out my stat phone and send a text out to Leo to warn him.

However, before I can text any of the strike team Lexi and I set up or anyone from camp, someone grabs me from behind.

I gasp and struggle, trying to get free from their grasp and at first, I think I might get away. I punch the person behind me in the face and start sprinting. But someone else comes from a deserted corner and tackles me to the ground. They put a cloth over my mouth and I desperately try not to breathe it in. But before I know it, the chloroform takes action and the world.....goes.......dark.............

Lexi POV

After the Winter Soldier revealed himself, we all lost our will to fight. I mean yes, Falcon kicked him across the road and Nat scared him off with a grenade launcher, but none of us had the strength to keep fighting.

SHIELD, or Hydra, I really don't know at this point put us in handcuffs and forced us to our knees. One agent takes off my bracelets and necklace and stuff them in his pocket before getting into the van.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do this," Rumlow says to me, strapping something painful to my wrists. I let out a little gasp of pain as I feel a needle slide itself into a vein and inject something into my bloodstream. "Good luck trying to use your powers, Carson."

I would respond but I feel the liquid like a wave of fire in my veins and the pain is all I can focus on. So much so that I nearly collapsed, if it wasn't for the agents holding us up.

I try to hide the pain I'm in from Steve, Natasha, and Sam because our current state. Right now, they don't need to be worrying about me. 

"It was him. He looked right at me and he didn't even know me." Steve says, his eyes lost in a memory I presume.

"How's that even possible?" Sam asks. "It was like seventy years ago."

"Zola." Steve answers. "Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43, Zola experimented on 'em. Whatever he did, it helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him."

"None of that's your fault, Steve." Natasha groans out, the ice patch on her wound gone. I try to form another one but the waves of pain just intensify.

"Even when I had nothing.....

.......I had Bucky," Steve says and we sit in silence until Sam realizes how much Nat is bleeding out.

"We need to get a doctor here," He says. "We don't put pressure on that wound she's gonna bleed out here in the truck." 

The guard that took my jewelry pulls out an electric rod threateningly, effectively shutting us all up. But then the guard twists the rod in their hand and jabs into the other guard before knocking him out. The guard pulls off their helmet, revealing the one and only Maria Hill.

"That thing was squeezing my brain," She remarks before looking at Sam confused and then at my state. "Who's this guy? And what's wrong with you?"

"He's a friend," Steve responds before sending a concerned look towards me and realizing that I'm actually not doing too great. "But Lexi, are you okay?"

"Just peachy," I sputter out. " Injection on my wrist. But it's manageable, take care of Natasha first."

Hill gets our handcuffs off and she and Steve work on Natasha's wound.

"Anything I can do?" Sam asks.

"If you aren't too busy," I say, showing him the device. "You could pull this thing out of my wrist."

Sam swears under his breath looking at the device on my wrist that's slowly turning it purple. "This is some futuristic shit right here."

I laugh. "Says the guy who flies around in a jet powered wing-suit."

Sam carefully unstraps the thing off of my and pulls the needle out as the van screeches to a halt.

Hill pulls out a Mousehole and cuts a hole in the bottom of the van and deep into the ground.

"Didn't Fitz design those?" I ask.

"Yes, everybody in." Hill says and we glance at each other before jumping down the hole and plunging into darkness.

Yeah, it's kinda a late update. 

And a short one.

I sowwy.

But anyway I hope you liked this part so comment and vote if you did and follow me if you haven't already!!

This book is almost at (or it might already be idk) 3k reads so thank you sooo much for the support you guys have bestowed on me it really means a lot XD

And also I realize that we are reaching the end of CA:WS. I'm not going to spoil what's going to happen next but I will be writing a fourth book and will be tying in some Agents of SHIELD in this one before I bring this one to a close.

That's all for now ;)

Shoot straight!

(

\

\

)

-##--StraightOuttaArrows ------>

)

/

/

(

That was me trying to be cool.....did it work?

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

228K 6.9K 30
Part One of the "No Tricks" Trilogy. Sergeant James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes AKA The Winter Soldier doesn't remember much of his past. You are a forme...
2M 69.2K 120
''I thought people always remembered their first kiss.'' Katariina ''Katya'' Petrova grew up with Natalia Romanova in the same institute, trained to...
1.5K 35 11
Maeve Fedorovna; an ungraduated assassin from the Red Room, an accomplice in attempts to kill Tony Stark, the world's most feared virus in the matrix...
3.3M 86.5K 74
Few had known Natasha had a Sister. Just like her, she was an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Unfortunately, Camille Romanoff has been deceased for the past f...