A Burning Rejection

Realityunknown

{Completed} Jessie Brown once had a normal life, a normal family, friends and a pack. But a hurricane swept o... Еще

A Burning Rejection ~ Prologue
Chapter 1 ~ The First Shift?
Chapter 2 ~ Mate
Chapter 3 ~ Rejection
Chapter 4 ~ Acceptance
Chapter 5 ~ Regret
Chapter 6 ~ Fire Burning
Chapter 7 ~ The Moon Godess
Chapter 8 ~ True Power
Chapter 9 ~ You've got to be shitting me!
Chapter 10 ~ Speak of The Devils
Chapter 11 ~ Confrontations
Chapter 13 ~ Wanting Love
Chapter 14 ~ The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 15 ~ Taken
Chapter 16 ~ Those Three Little Words
Chapter 17 ~ Knowledge
Chapter 18 ~ Action Plan
Chapter 19 ~ Plan In Action
Chapter 20 ~ Home Sweet Home
Chapter 21 ~ Interruptions
Chapter 22 ~ First Date
Chapter 23 ~ The Mating Process
Chapter 24 ~ Powers Unleashed
Chapter 25 ~ Surprises
Chapter 26 ~ The Battle
Epilouge
Authors Note

Chapter 12 ~ Miss Match Maker/Trainer

132K 4K 322
Realityunknown

Jay's P.O.V

"That's all for today everybody. Dismissed!" I shouted. The crowd dispersed quickly, leaving Leon and I standing in the back garden.

"You did a great job Leon, thank you for helping me out."

"Not a problem Jay. It's an honour to be working with you," he smiled. It was only then that I got the chance to have a real good look at him. He has black messy hair, blue eyes, a light stubble on his face and he stood at around 6"2. Penny would definitely like him, I thought. A light bulb suddenly went off in my head. It's time to get match making!

"Hey Leon, there's someone that I want you to meet. Come with me." I smiled grabbing his hand and dragging him into the kitchen, where I found Penny drinking a cup of coffee and chatting to the kids of the pack.

"Hey Penny, hey kids."

"JAY!" The kids screamed together and tackled me to the ground.

I laughed, "get off me you little rascals, before I eat you all up!" They all screamed and ran away laughing to each other. I giggled at them. I turned my attention back to Penny and Leon.

"What can I do for you Jay?" Penny asked, sneaking glances at Leon. I smirked.

"Penny I want to introduce you to someone." I gestured to Leon. "Penny this is Leon, Leon this is Penny the alpha of this fine pack."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Leon," Penny held out her hand for him to shake.

"The pleasure is all mine," he took her hand and gently kissed it. Penny blushed.

"Well, I leave you two to get to know each other." I smirked at them. I don't think they even heard me, they were too busy staring into each others eyes. I know that Penny lost her mate and that she was lonely, she'd never admit it though but I knew she was. I also knew that Leon lost his mate so they'd be perfect for each other. I just hope that now Penny has found someone to spend the rest of her life with. I left the kitchen so the two love birds could be alone and get to know each other better.

What to do, what to do I repeated in my head walking around the pack house. After my little walk, I found myself in the game room, where the triplets, Cameron and Adam were all sat playing the new 'Call of Duty: Ghost'. I leaned up against the door frame and watched in amusement as they all shouted and screamed not only at the TV but at each other.

"Josh! Would you stop killing me we're on the same team!" James shouted, his face was turning a tomato colour. Josh laughed and killed him again.

"Right that's it!" Before you could say marshmallows James launched himself at Josh with an angry growl.

I think it's time to make me presence known. I stood up straight, crossed my arms and cleared my throat. Jake, Cameron and Adam all looked up from what they were doing and looked up at me with sheepish smiles. I cleared my throat louder to gain Josh and James' attention. When they realized that everyone was quiet they looked up at us, that's when they noticed me, they quickly scurried up from the floor and stood with their heads bent like the floor was the most interesting thing in the world. I couldn't keep a straight face anymore. I cracked a smile then in a instant I was laughing, tears were streaming down my face and stomach began to hurt. When I finished I wiped my eyes and look to see five pairs of questioning eyes.

"You guys are so weird," I said answering their unasked question.

"Yeah, we're the weird ones," Jake snickered.

"I'm not weird, I'm just limited edition."

"You are indeed." James said with a smile and putting his arm around my shoulders. Cameron growled.

"Oh hush up mutt." I growled. "Don't growl at my brother."

"He shouldn't have his arm around you. You're mine!" He growled again, his wolf was really getting angry now.

"I am not yours, you lost that right when you rejected me," I sneered. "Come on boys, let's go."

The triplets and I left leaving Adam to try and calm down an extremely angry alpha. Ha, he needs to learn that I am not an object, I don't belong to anyone, certainly not to him.

"Are you alright Jay?" Josh asked in concern.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I just have a lot on my mind right now." I sighed. It's true, with the upcoming war that could end all humanity, the safety of not only my pack but every pack in the world and the humans safety all rests on my shoulders, and to top it all off I had to deal with my 'mate'. Why couldn't my life just be easier. Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if Cameron had accepted me as his mate, would there still be a war? Would I be the girl/wolf I am today? Would I have met the triplets, Penny and this whole pack? Some many what if's and only one path to choose.

"I'm going to go for a run for a bit."

"Do you want us to come with you?" James asked.

"No, I want to be alone for a bit." I smile. "I shouldn't be too long."

I bounded down the stairs and ran out the door. When I reached the first line of trees I didn't even bother to take of my clothes, I shifted and let my clothes shred. I set off into the forest like a bullet, to anyone looking all they would see is a black blur. I ran dodging trees, leaping over logs and anything that got in the way. The sun had faded by now and the moon was out shining it's light over the lands. I cam to a stop in a clearing of tall grass and wild flowers and looked up at the moon, whilst panting. I took a deep breathe and howled. I howled to the moon goddess asking: why me? What was I supposed to do? And what path do I take? My questions were asked and I waited patiently for any sign of the answer. I waited, and I waited and I waited some more. But still an answer never showed itself.

I sighed and shock my head, how could I possibly think that the moon goddess would guide me further? She's already warned me about the war, why would she help me again? I flopped down and rested my head on my paws. Hopefully, I will find the answers before everything starts.

My eyes started to droop as I lay on the ground under the moonlight. Before I slipped into a deep sleep I heard a soft velvet voice, "You will get your answers soon my child, but for now rest."

My eyes shut and I let the darkness consume me.

~*~

I was being repeatedly whipped lightly on my face. I used my paw to hit it away but it just kept coming back. My eyes fluttered open to see the tall grass swaying in the wind. Maybe it was that whipping me. It was peaceful here, nothing but the sounds of nature. I could here the birds singing, soft thuds of small creatures running around and the wind creating a small cooling breeze.

I decided to stay in the meadow for a while prancing around and chasing after butterflies. I felt so free without a worry or care in the world, it was great. But all good things must come to an end.

"Jay, it's Penny. Where are you?! We've all been so worried!" Penny shouted through the mind link.

"I'm fine Penny, I just needed time alone."

"It's okay. I understand you need time on your own but I really need you to come home now, we've got a few guests." She said the last bit with a slight hesitation. I wonder what's going on? There's only one way to find out. I started running off towards home.

When I reached home I went to the back door and pushed it open with my paws. I squeezed myself throw the door and headed upstairs to my room. Once I got to my room I shifted and quickly got a some clothes to change into. Now fully clothed I went back downstairs in search of Penny.

"Penny!" I shouted.

"In the kitchen!" She shouted back. I should've known she'd be there, she always is. When I got to the kitchen Penny was stood leaning up against Leon who had his arms wrapped around her, the triplets were sat around the table with Cameron, Adam and a couple of other people from their pack who I didn't recognize. Probably new members I thought.

"What's so urgent?" I questioned. "And where are the guests that you said we had?" I looked around the kitchen hoping to catch a glimpse of them.

"They aren't here yet," Penny answered. "In fact they've just arrived."

Penny was right they had just arrived. I heard a number of tyres and paws hitting the ground pulling to a stop outside the pack house. By the sounds of it there is a lot more than just a 'few guests'. I walked besides Penny to the front door to great our guests. When I opened the door I couldn't believe my eyes. There was hundreds if not thousands of people and wolves stood in the front yard. My eyes probably looked like the size of saucers. I skimmed over the crowed just observing, what could all these people be doing here? Before I could voice my question a group of people approached us.

"Good morning Alpha Penny, I apologize if we're all intruding." A tall whited haired man addressed Penny.

"It's no problem really and just call me Penny," She smiled. "I believe you all wish to speak with Jay here." She gestured to me. I probably still looked a little stunned.

"We do indeed, thank you... Penny." He gave her one last friendly smile before focusing his gaze on me. His gaze wasn't the only gaze I felt, in fact his whole group were staring at me. "You must be the famous Jay I've been hearing about."

I laughed, "I'm not sure about being famous, but I certainly am Jay."

"Where are my manners? I am Alpha Sage and this is my mate and Luna Holly. That over there," he pointed to a couple roughly in their late twenties, "is Alpha Justin and his mate Grace." I smiled at them. "Continuing on, this is Alpha Dean, his mate Danni and Alpha Sam and his mate Jade."

Wow, so many alphas all in one place, what are they all doing here? I said in my head.

"Oh, how could I forget? All these people here are our packs," he gestured to everybody standing around with keen eyes.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all and quite a surprise," I said honestly. "What are you all doing here?"

"We know about the war that is coming Jay." Alpha sage said.

"The moon goddess came to each of us in our dreams and told us everything, but also that we had to find you." Alpha Sam added. "I also think that we wont be the only ones turning up on your doorstep, there will most likely be others."

"I still don't understand," I said shaking my head, "why are you all looking for me?" There's no way that everybody could know about me and my powers.

"You are the legendary wolf that can control the element of fire, the wolf that is going to lead us all to victory." Alpha Dean smiled.

"And?" I pushed.

"We want you to train us so we can help you," Alpha Sage said resting his hand on my shoulder in a friendly gesture.

I looked across the sea of people that were here offering their assistance in the war that was coming. They all wanted me to train them so they could help. Could I do this? Could I really lead them into war and bring them to victory? Looking into most of their eyes I could see the pride shinning in them. Just knowing they were willing to do this made me feel right here, right now that I could do this.

I looked at the Alphas and nodded my head. The crowd cheered, whistled and some even started hugging each other.

I stood watching everybody thinking to myself, I really hope I can do this. Not just for me but for them.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Midnight Luna (#Wattys2015) R.A.C

Про оборотней

599K 17.1K 35
Outcast. Bullied. Hated. Rejected. This was Hailey Johnson's life and she hated it. She takes a stand and decides to run away. As a rogue she comes u...
Broken Promises Moonstone-87

Про оборотней

2.1K 23 25
I will switch to other POV throughout the story. Non-traditional ABO, Alpha, Beta, Omega Dynamics. Trigger Warning Explicit smut in details through...
Big Mistake ✒️

Про оборотней

801K 26.6K 48
A werewolf. A mate. The cliche alpha rejects his mate story. But it's all too real for Charlie. Where can she even go? Her pack pretty much ignores h...
Rejected by my Best Friend (Book #1 in the RBMBF series) India Jen

Подростковая литература

582K 12.9K 21
Emeli and Derek have been best friends ever since they could remember. Derek being the future alpha of the Shadow Moon Pack and her twin brother bein...