Darkness Rises(Thranduil Love...

Da Lil_Mizaster

Dilynrae(Dill-in-ray) is a descendant of Eol and Aredhel sent to our world when she was a mere baby, to prote... Altro

Prologue
One Shadow, Two Shadow
What are those?
Chapter 4
Melkor
Mairon
The Trees of Valinor

Finally!

189 4 8
Da Lil_Mizaster

NO CHIT CHAT! To the story!!!!!!! BUT FIRST! IGNORE THE TWO ELLETH IN THE PHOTO. THE STAG IS THE STAG RAE ENCOUNTERS LATER ON WITHOUT THE CROWN TOO. (AND I'M A LIAR WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM ME?) I HAVE BEGUN TO RE-READ THE SILMARILLION AND I MUST SAY THAT IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO KEEP UP WITH SOMETIMES. I GET SO CONFUSED SO I'M SORRY FOR THE WAIT! I PROMISE IT ISN'T BECAUSE I HATE YOU! ENJOY THE STORY NOW!

~LE STORY~

His sword went past me and I heard a gurgling sound behind me as he pulled me into his chest. Oddly he smelled of grass and another scent I couldn't place.

"None of us have bathed in days. How the hell do you smell so nice?," I asked as I took the daggers of his back and stabbed the orc that came rushing behind him. Maedhros spun around and swung his sword at another orc as I did the same.

"I am an elf. We always maintain a pleasant scent. You however..." He trailed off and I gave off a fake offended gasp.

"How rude!?" I stabbed a few more orcs before placing my hands on my hips sternly. "That is no way to speak to a lady."

"If you are a lady, then may the gods have mercy on my soul." He laughed at my shocked response and we stopped the chitchat to defeat the rest of the orcs back to back. Despite our limited time together Maedhros and I matched each others movements perfectly. I even rolled to the opposite side over his back when he ducked and an orc tried to stab me in my stomach. It seemed the battle ended a lot faster than I had hoped as I looked around with my lip poked out.

"That was disappointing..."

"Were you hoping for something more?" Maedhros question as he cleaned his sword on a nearby patch of grass.

"A little. I didn't get to fight hand to sword... I like being the underdog."

Maedhros turned to me as I walked up to him. "Why would you want to be the underdog?"

"Because it makes life more EXCITING!" I breathed in his ear and I felt him shiver as I slid his daggers back in the sheaths on his back. "We should get back to camp and move on the sun's coming up.

"My death will be by the hands of this elleth," I heard Maedhros mutter though I chose to ignore it because I was sure it was only meant for him. "You are a good warrior. Where did you learn to fight?"

"Brawls." I replied as I heard Kalanlyn call out my name again. It was a bit far away but I still heard it. "I was a troubled kid. I almost killed a boy, who was older than I was, in fourth grade... An accident but nonetheless..."

"How?," Maedhros asked in horror. "And what is Fourth grade?"

"Fourth grade is the years of 9-10 where you further your education and let's say I broke something very important to him..." I said as I walked forward a bit before stopping at a beautiful sight.

"A white stag. They are hard to find this far south... This is very rare." Maedhros was quiet for a moment as his heat tickled my back as he leaned against me. "What did you break?"

"You are persistent..." I mumbled. The Stag looked our way and I was captivated by its stare. "If you must know... I broke him where the sun doesn't shine. His manhood. Rumor was that I damaged him so bad that the doctors had to remove it." With that I made my way towards the Stag, missing the horrified look on Maedhros' face. It seemed to have three horns protruding from its head. The first set were small almost as if they were just beginning to grow into their full glory. The other two were far bigger and wider, the out and last being the biggest and longest of all the sets. Those I was sure had been growing since he first got his horns. He snorted as I approached.

"Apologies. There hasn't been much time for a bath on my journey," I murmured.

Your journey has indeed been long but do not fear. I believe the Ellion had made an attempt to joke with you. You have no smell, as is the way of your people. To make sure your enemies can not track you. A deep voice rumbled through my brain. To say my jaw hit the ground was an understatement. It went straight through the ground all the way to hell and back out the other side of the opposite end of the planet. The stag tossed its head as it made its way towards me. It towered of me by at least a foot and a half. Mind you I am not short by any means but damn the height of the thing was immense. Do you know who I am?

"Umm... No? Should I?"

I was the one that brought you back to this realm. You are important. The stag said as he circled me. I was completely mesmerised. You are very beautiful too. Your eyes glowing embers, fire burns behind them. Mischievous but wise.

At that moment I felt fingertips brush against my wrist and I looked at them in shock before looking up at Maedhros. I ignored him before looking back at the stag. "Why didn't you let me die?"

You are important. I cannot allow you to die. You have a role to play. I heard an eagle screech and the Stag looked up. You will feel sorrow and pain before you are allowed back into Valinor.

"Valinor?" I asked with a cock of my head.

Another eagle screech sounded above us and the stag turned to leave. I can give you no more, child. Your journey is yours to take. I will always be close by. Just call upon the wind and I shall come.

I was silent for a moment then flinched when Maedhros touched my wrist again. "Sorry," I chuckled half-heartedly glancing at him to find concern swirling in his gaze. "Was in my own little world..." I rubbed my wrist close to my chest as I turned from him. That stag hadn't only been talking in my mind. He had been going through my memories too. Some weren't too... happy. I turned from Maedhros shaking all my thoughts to the air. "Let's go."

I took a few steps before a strong grip pulled me back and turned me around. I looked at Maedhros' calm, expressionless face with shock. "What did it say to you?"

"Something about me being too important to die and that it would be a long time before I could go to Valinor. Wherever that is..."

Maedhros' grip loosened with his expression. "Valinor is the land of Eternity. The Immortal Lands. The place where all Elves came from. My homeland before I left. The land of my people."

"The Immortal Lands... If you came from such a place why would you leave it?"

"Leave it? We were banished." Maedhros sighed.

"Banishment!" I cried out as if in an AHA! moment. Maedhros stared at me.

"What?"

"Nothing. Why do you care what the stag told me?"

He searched my eyes for a moment. "Because I was curious... and worried. You asked it why it didn't let you die... Do you wish for death?"

I snorted. "No one merely just wishes to die without cause. I am grateful to be given a second chance." I looked up at the sky.

"You're lying."

"Believe what you want grandpa. It doesn't matter to me," I shrugged turning towards the sound of Kalanlyn's voice that I had just noticed was still calling out for me. Celegorms's voice had joined him though he was calling for his brother and not me. Maedhros settled into silence. I noticed after some time that he kept a lot closer to me than before and to be honest it had been happening since we began this journey. It seemed everyday that we traveled he got closer and closer to me. It kind of warmed my heart, I don't know why.

After a while, he spoke to me. "Hmm?" I hummed coming out of my thoughts.

"Maedhros. You might as well use it if you're going to dwell in Doriath. It's better than being called grandpa..."

"Who said anything about dwelling?" I questioned as I stopped and listened for Kalanlyn whose voice was getting closer.

"That was the arrangement. We can't exactly let you roam a land you have no idea about."

"Point taken... They're close by. Come on."

"Rae!" I heard Kalanlyn yell.

"Lynn! Lynn over here!" I called back. Maedhros heaved a sigh. "You sound like you don't want to be found." I said amused as I looked at him.

He glanced at me for a moment before closing his eyes. "I find it more peaceful without the constant bickering between you and Kalanlyn."

"Um... It's like once a day and that's because we're sparring." I scoffed in defense just as Kalanlyn burst through the bushes. "Ah. There yo-" I was caught off guard as Kalanlyn pulled me into his chest wrapping his arms tightly around me. "This is uncomfortable... I don't like being touched intimately."

"Shut up," Kalanlyn ordered, his voice muffled in my hair as I lightly patted his back awkwardly. "Don't you ever run off like that again. You could've died."

"Oh, the faith. It's suffocating me." I replied as I looked pleadingly at the two elves on the side lines.

Kalanlyn let me go eventually looking me over at arms length. "You don't look damaged."

"I am not property to be damaged. As a... being that walks this... dimension, I prefer to be injured not damaged," I replied reluctantly trying to place my words correctly.

Kalanlyn smirked in amusement. "Well while you were lost you managed to get closer to our destination. Come." He took my hand and began to lead me back where Maedhros and I had come from.

"You know I can follow without your holding my hand right."

"Can you?" Kalanlyn said dismissively. I cocked my head at his sudden behavior change. It was almost concerning. As I pondered this recent change I heard snickering coming from behind us and swung my head around to glare at two snickering elves behind us. Celegorm immediately sobered but Maedhros still had a smirk plastered on his face though I noticed it didn't meet his eyes, and what was with me noticing details? I was beginning to get concerned for myself when Kalanlyn said. "I give you Doriath. The Kingdom of the High King of the Noldor, Finwe."

(MY PICTURE DIDN'T SHOW UP! I SAD NOW...)

I looked at the city in awe. "I say that she's facinated with grandfather's city, wouldn't you say Maedhros?" Said Celegorm just laughed. His laugh was rich and deep.

I looked at Kalanlyn. "We're staying here?"

"Yes specifically the palace right there." He turned my head to the palace and I felt my knees get weak as I held his arm for support.

"I think I'm going to faint. Hold on." I held up a finger squatting on the ground.

"Hmm, maybe it made her sick," Kalanlyn laughed.

"No. No, I'm good." I said standing up, my legs still feeling like Jello. We made our way through the city and on the way Maedhros and Celegorm were welcomed with smiles and greetings. Kalanlyn was talking about some kind of etiquette but I was too busy looking around. Before I knew it we were walking through the palace heading towards the throne room. "This is so awesome."

"Oh it talks," Kalanlyn huffed.

"Huh?"

"But you still weren't listening." Kalanlyn put a hand on my lower back leading me to the right as I was going to go straight. We stopped in front an archway and beyond it was a glorious looking room facing the setting sun. Elves filled the room talking but stopped as soon as the four of us entered the room. There was a ellion who turned to us from talking to two other people and I just knew he was who we had come to. He looked into my eyes in amusement as Kalanlyn elbowed my side. I looked at him to notice him bow slightly to Finwe. "High King Finwe."

"Kalanlyn. So good to see your stiffness has gone nowhere."

"This one has kept me on my toes my lord."

"This one doesn't appreciate being called 'this one'." I countered.

"Please Illuvatar no," I heard Maedhros mutter.

"Deal with it princess. Now we talked about etiquette."

"Screw etiquette we're talking about calling me 'this one' now." I scoffed.

"You weren't listening to me were you?"

"What gave it away? My gawking expression as I looked around the city? My blatant lack of response? Oh do tell!"

"I do believe this isn't the place to argue..." Celegorm intervened.

Kalanlyn and I sobered quickly. "I'll deal with you later," He promised.

"Bring it on, Gramps." He growled at me his lips peeling back to show his sharp canines. "Is that supposed to scare me? I have them too." I snapped my teeth.

"Grandfather! So good to see you!" Celegorm interjected again with a loud proclamation.

"It is good to see you too, Celegorm. Maedhros. Kalanlyn and..." Finwe looked at me for my name.

"My name's Dilynrae." Kalanlyn elbowed me. "Elbow me one more time and you will lose an arm."

"I have another arm."

"A pleasure to meet you, High King Finwe," I said with a small bow.

"And you, Dilynrae. It is a pleasure to meet you at last." I nodded not knowing how to respond. "I have rooms prepared for both of you. I will allow you to wash up before we begin to talk."

"Thank you, my lord." Kalanlyn bowed again. "You are going to pay for that." He whispered under his breathe.

"As I said Gramps: Bring it." I replied in a normal tone as I booty bumped him making him stumble as I moved on follow the guard that had been directed to show us our rooms. Kalanlyn fell into step beside me quickly hardly seeming to notice my action.

"Oh and Dilynrae!," Finwe called. "I had a few dresses laid out for you, not sure what size you were. Some handmaidens should be waiting for you in your chambers." I acknowledged him with a dismissive flick of my hand.

"You just dismissed a High KIng."

"I don't care and I won't care. I'm not about etiquette and good manners."

"Yes I can tell but you can't just dismiss someone of importance."

"Importance? A child who starves in the street is important. A woman who has to sell her body to feed her children is important. Just because he is on the top of the totem pole doesn't make him important. It makes him a distraction to what is actually important. That's how all forms of government work and they work but I could care less about the top of the totem pole. The bottom is more important." I argued. "Don't throw the word 'Importance' around so carelessly..."

The guard looked back at us and in amusement said, "This room," He motioned to the right looking at Kalanlyn, "Is your room Lord Kalanlyn and this," He motioned to the left across the way, "shall be your room, my lady."

"Call my Dilynrae and who are you?"

"My name is Gawion, my lady." The soldier took my hand  kissed it. "If you need anything, just ask." I watched the soldier leave after he winked.

"Hmm..." I said thoughtfully as Gawion turned a corner, but not before looking back at me.

"Why do you look like that?" Kalanlyn demanded.

"It's the look I usually get when I am thinking about pursuing a handsome being or not and him I might pursue."

"You will not," Kalanlyn hissed and I looked at him.

"And why not?" He opened his mouth to argue but nothing came out. "Exactly! But don't worry. I doubt I will pursue anyone. I'm too young to get into a relationship."

I walked into my room and looked around in satisfaction and took a deep breathe. "Finally! We're here!"

"My lady?," An elleth said coming out of a room. "Oh it is you. Come! We must get you washed up and dressed."

"Just get the water ready. I'll bathe myself."

"As you wish, my lady."

"Call me Rae. I don't fancy being called my lady." I said dismissively as I looked around. Two others came out of the bathroom. "What are your names?"

"I am Alphel, my lady," The shorter elleth with white hair, that cascaded down her back. Her eyes were like blue ice, crystalline and pure. Her skin was pale, almost porcelain in color.

"My name is Saephel." This one was the one I had just met. Her hair was a russet brown color and was just above her waist. If there was such a thing as a straightener in this world it might have just reached her waist. Her curls were perfectly arranged on her head. She was maybe a couple of inches shorter than I was but she was definitely smaller in build. Her eyes were a chocolate brown and just as warm.

"I am Aeril, your grace." The last elleth to speak had a proudful air around her. Her hair was as brown and went past her hips and arranged with braids and decorations. Her eyes were hazel green.

"Well... A pleasure to meet you. My name is Dilynrae, though I prefer to be called Rae."

"As you wish," They all replied.

"Your bath water is ready."

"Oh... well thank you. I'll bathe myself so... I guess you're free to... I don't know what you can do but I'm sure there's something to do," I mumbled causing the trio to giggle. "What?"

"Well... we didn't expect you to be so cute." Aeril giggled.

I blanched. "I am not cute..."

"On the contrary. You are cute," Saephel rebuked.

"I... Fine. Think what you want..." I mumbled and made my way towards the washroom.

The water felt so good against my skin. I was drying my hair when there was a knock at the entryway of the washroom. "Rae, it's Maedhros."

"Uh-huh," I replied as I began to put on the dress that one of the elleth had brought in while I was bathing. I had been quite shocked. It was very showy and I hated dresses. I was struggling with the dress when I accidentally tore a part of it. I groaned in exhasperation. I saw some flowy type pants hanging over a railing with a note on them.

You probably tore that dress so I had the maid bring you a pair of pants.

-Kalanlyn

"That piece of work..." I mumbled.

"Rae?" Maedhros inquired.

"Yeah? What is it?" I called out as I put on the pants. They were very comfortable.

"There is a ellion who is asking for you in the Great Hall."

"Who is it?" I asked as I began to wrap my chest up.

"He said his name was..." Maedhros paused. "Morpheus?"

I stopped what I was doing. "Excuse me?"

"An ellion named Morpheus is asking for you. Do you know him?"

"There... was someone I knew by that name..." I whispered. "It can't be." I rushed out of the washroom and charged out of my room frightening Aeril half to death.

"Rae! You are not decent!"

"Screw decency! It can't be... It's impossible..." I repeated to myself until I skidded in front of the archway I had come through a few hours ago. There, among the elven nobles and advisors and kings, was a familiar mop of electric blue dyed hair with the roots the natural dark brown. "Morpheus..."

"Rae! You are not decent! Come!" Aeril protested grabbing onto my arm.

Time slowed as Morpheus turned to face me, a smirk gracing his features. They were wrong about him though. He was no ellion. He wasn't even from this world. I wasn't even sure if his kind existed in this world. When he was facing me, he chuckled. "I see you still have no manners, Rae-rae." I jerked my arm away from Aeril and ran into his strong hold. "I've missed you."

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

5.1K 175 15
In the wake of a dark and grimy cell of Mirkwood, you find yourself in a sticky situation. You are [Y/n], the last daughter of Izalith, the Witch of...
843 73 14
Thirty years after the events of The Hobbit, Legolas heeds his father's words to go north and find a wanderer named Strider. However, his search for...
225K 9.1K 51
Celebríel is the first-born daughter of Lord Elrond and Lady Celebrían, though her parentage is not easily recognized. Unlike her other siblings, she...
3K 248 17
When dreams stop being dreams, things get confusing. Anna is back - back in a place she once thought was just a product of her imagination. The silve...