NEXT AVENGERS: Destiny

By LornaCyla

MARVELOUS cover by @desperauxx !!! DISASSEMBLED After their battle in Latveria, The Next Avengers find themse... More

Author's Note
JAMES (Prologue)
1~FRANCIS-Rest
2~PETRA-Rogers
3~Francis-Revelation
4-HENRY~Azari
5-JAMES~DD
6-LOKI~Power
7-FRANCIS~Twisted
8-JAMES~ Prepared
9-JAMES~He is Back
10~HENRY-What are you thinking?
July 4th Special
A/N: Femme Fatales
11~FRANCIS-Communication
12~PETRA-Brilliant
14~AZARI-Portal to Who Knows Where
15~FRANCIS~United
16-PETRA-Princess
~Theme Song~
17~JAMES-Just Like Old Times
18~HENRY-Stark
~Myers Briggs~
19~LOKI-Oh Daughter of Mine
~2K!!!!!(and character edits!)~
20~LOKI-Deception
21~TONY-Never Been Good With Rules
22~PETRA-So It Begins
23-MAYDAY-Another Day In The Life Of Your Average Everyday Spider-Girl
23.5~Character Design Reference
24~FRANCIS-"It Will Be So"
25~JAMES-Armor
NEXT AVENGERS CONTESTS!
Contest Winners!!
26-JAMES-Mist and Shadows Part 1
27-PETRA~Mist and Shadows Part 2
~Announcement~
28-TORUNN-Some Things Change
I have some news....
Epilogue

13~HENRY-You're Kind Of A Genius

158 16 88
By LornaCyla

I lean over the lap top that S.H.I.E.L.D. provided. I figure the best way to start getting ready to attack Ultron would be to do some research so here I am probing through S.H.I.E.L.D. databases and trying to find some tiny bit of information that will help me. It isn't like I didn't study Ultron on my own. During the time between my stay at the orphanage and my parents death when I was still in my house I sifted through all my dad's old files and tried to see what went wrong. Flaws and errors....

The evidence I found was inconclusive and that was so many years ago that I don't quite remember it. I was so young that I probably didn't comprehend everything I was reading.

I look up from my desk when I hear the familiar click of the door to our living space opening. Petra dashes inside and looks around kind of wildly. Boy she looks stressed.... The hair that was once neatly in a bun is cascading down her shoulders and she has exchanged more formal clothes for comfortable ones. Her t-shirt and sweatpants seem to have sweat stains on them. She takes a deep breath and then her eyes settle on me. I found myself trapped in the gaze of a very determined and stressed woman. What is it now?

She quickly walks over to my desk and grabs my wrist.

"You're coming with me."

She starts to pull me towards the door, but I dig my heels in to try and slow her down. Why?!?!?

"What on earth are you doing?"

She comes to a complete stop and lets go of me.

"Let me get this straight I am not an engineer. I am not a scientist, but right now I am trying to figure out how to create a stinking portal. We are short on man power and brains. Nadya and I are working hard, but we need help. You're kind of a genius. So c'mon. That core won't hold forever."

My mind races to understand everything she said. Portals....so she is going to get them to Asgard! If she needs help why don't we get Azari and James?

"I'll get the others."

Since she's calmed down she's starting to think more logically and I can see it in her expression.

"That's probably a good idea, but hurry. I'm not joking about the core."

I grab my lab coat off the back of my chair and pull it on. I need that especially since it has my glasses in the pocket....

Azari and James are in the training room doing a routine of some sorts. They don't normally like to be interrupted, but I think they'll make an exception. I enter and quickly dodge their wrestling match.

"Sorry Pym!" James shouts in between breaths.

They show no signs of stopping at my entrance. Instead I think their attacks get more engaged with my entrance.

"Petra needs our help to build a portal!" I yell.

Their muscles relax and they stop fighting. Azari looks at me and clarifies what I just said.

"A portal to Asgard?" He asks.

I nod vigorously. "We gotta go NOW." I order.

James grand a hand towel from a nearby bench and wipes his face off. He doesn't even bother to take the tape off his hands he just exits without a word. Azari pulls his gloves off and drops them to the floor. We exit the room together.

"So do you have any clue how to build a portal?" He asks as we trail behind Petra and James.

I bite my lip nervously. I've never done anything like this before.....but I'm sure something I've learned can help....

"To tell you the truth....I'm not even quite sure what we are dealing with."

Petra unlocks the door and we all exit the "apartment." I can hear her excited with chatter, but I can't quite understand what they are saying because she and James have started jogging down the hall. I follow their lead and start to trot beside Azari. She wants to get there fast....

"I hope to be of some assistance. Wakandan technology is quite advanced so I imagine that my knowledge will be useful. I've seen Asgardian tech before and it reminded me of that from my homeland."

Azari is brilliant. He really is. He was educated in Wakanda and by a mutant professor. I have no doubts about his mental capacities.

"Dude. You're probably one of the smartest people I know. If you can't help solve this then it really is hopeless."

I think I see a smile cross Azari's face, but frankly I'm trying to keep up with the super soldier and the "Olympic Runner" that got a head start in what seems to be a race to somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I'm fit. But I'm not like....well I'm not quite on James' level. I prefer to use my brains in combat rather than my body so I focus on training my mind. I like to avoid physical contact if possible. James on the other hand, I don't think I've ever seen him shy away from a fight.

Azari doesn't seem to be having any trouble keeping up either It must just be me.... We run through another hallway when an idea crosses my mind. Why am I running when I can fly?

"Here. Take this." I say as I tank off my lap coat and pass it to Azari. Luckily I'm wearing the special fabric S.H.I.E.L.D. gave me that shrinks and grows when I do. Time to become the Wasp....

I focus on changing my size and unfurling my wings. In an instant I'm the size of a dragon fly with wings in a similar design. Much better....

We turn down another corridor and I get a little confused. Isn't the science wing in the other direction? I dismiss my doubts. I've got to trust Petra. Trust Daredevil....

I enjoy flying so much that I speed ahead of Azari and catch up to James. He doesn't seem to notice me so I send a little burst of yellow energy hurtling in front of his face.

"Pym!" He says startled.

I fly over to Petra. I'm still extremely curious as to why we are sprinting.

"Question: Why exactly are we running?"

She quickly turns into another hallway and then responds. Now that Azari isn't held back by trying to run at my slow speed he has caught up to us.

"Tech on far other side of Helicarrier. Unstable core. Not sure how long it will last."

Her answer is quick and blunt, but it is a sufficient explanation. We don't talk until Petra finally comes to a stop in front of a huge metal door. I think we ran the full length of the Helicarrier....

She waves her badge over it and breathes thankfully when the door slides open. I grow to a normal size and take my coat from Azari. James isn't even wonder from the run, but I can't say the same for Petra. Who knows what she has been doing in the past couple of hours. She just ran that whole distance twice at full speed. She grabs a bottle of water and drinks the whole thing in one big gulp.

"Can I borrow that?" She questions as she looks at James.

James sees that she is wanting to use the towel he currently has slung around his neck. He shrugs and passes it to her. She uses it to pat her face dry.

"You boys don't even understand the struggle. Right now I have a mixture of eyeshadow and mascara that has decided to pour into my eyes."

I leave Petra to her recovery and decide to look around the room. Technology that I can only assume to be Asgardian lines the walls and even dangles from the ceiling. An area in the center of the room is clear except for what looks like a doorway and some other golden boxes. A woman peers over some of the tech and pulls the huge goggles off of her face.

Petra walks towards the structure and gestures to the woman.

"Agent Nadya meet James Rogers, Henry Pym, and Prince Azari T'Challa." She introduces us to the lady with the goggles.

Agent Nadya raises her eyes at the mention of our names.

"Agent Foggy I thought we agreed that you would only bring the son of Hank Pym." She says sternly.

She only wanted me....

Petra puts her hand on her and turns her back to us so she is facing Nadya.

"I think we can both agree that I don't follow directions well. Besides, we need them."

The woman seem convinced she turns her attention away from us and back to the machine.

"Look so he's a tech master mind. This dude right here, he's the prince if of Wakanda. Yeah you heard that right Wakanda. Most technologically advanced nation in the world. I'd listen to anything he has to say." She points to me first as she speaks and then Azari.

The brown haired woman actually gives us a second look. Her expression doesn't change, but she might be more willing to cooperate.

Petra points at James next and her gaze lingers on him. She opens her mouth and struggles to find words.

"-and he's got some serious muscle. If we need anything moved or built he can do it. He's also EXTREMELY dedicated."

No kidding....

Anya adjusts her thick braided locks into a bun on top of her head. She lets out a breath and stands up from the ground.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." She mutters.

"Fine. You can help."

A/N: Not exactly the most exciting chapter (sorry if it seems like a filler chapter) but I have some exciting news!

I feel like I have a better grasp of Black Panther and Storm so I am going to introduce Azari's POV to this story!!!!!!!!! (:

Did you feel like you saw some of Hank and Janet in this chapter?

I hope you have a lovely day and thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.4K 3.3K 45
❝ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴍᴀʏ ᴅᴇғᴇᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ, ʙᴜʀɴ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪɴsᴜʟᴛ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪɴᴊᴜʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ, sʜᴀʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏ ʏᴏᴜ, ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ, ʟɪᴋᴇ ʀ...
1.7M 91.9K 77
Marvel Fanfic Awards Winner: -Best Plot -Best Loki -Best Male Villain -Toughest Character (Anna) BOOK ONE. The world has changed. After alien...
76K 2.1K 50
As a HYDRA experiment you can't seem to feel anything anymore until you meet the tall dark haired man he's sour at first but sweet comes eventually t...
1.1M 28.9K 69
You're a 25-year-old girl living in Brooklyn along with your childhood best friends Steve and Bucky, and you're working at the SSR with your cousin P...