Close Enough

By thanduxolo00

He saved her life, He wants some thing in return or may I say some things. Tasha is your average teenage girl... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Authors note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Authors note
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Authors note
Chapter 20 (part I)
Chapter 21 (part II)
Chapter 22 (part III)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Authors note
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34: Final Chapter
Authors Final Note

Chapter 17

92 10 10
By thanduxolo00

*Tasha's outfit*

I only slept for not more than five hours and the alarm rang.I took a huge breath and yawned all the way to the bathroom.

I was the last to shower which means the water was freak'n cold!
I looked out the window to check the weather,it was cool and humid and so I decided to wear a skirt,I don't remember the last time I wore a dress or a skirt at school.

I was imagining the look on Alex's face when he sees me. I twirled in front of the mirror and was pleased.
Yesterday was great, yesterday was fantastic, yesterday was...yesterday and today is another day.

Who knows maybe he'll get over me and will no longer want to hang out with me.
People change,people toss and turn and might wake up at another side of the bed .But Alex isn't just a person he's Alex. 'Maybe this isn't a good idea' I fiddled with the skirt.

"Tasha,we're leaving in five!" Taylor exclaimed.
"Coming!" I replied in panic.
Part of me wanted to take off the skirt so bad and part of me just wanted to do hair and make-up and get to school already.

I chose to go on with the skirt because time was against me.
I quickly gathered my books, grabbed my phone and headed downstairs.

"Wow you look amazing!" Hayden grasped.
"Good morning to you too Hayden," I smiled.
"Who are you and where's my sister?!" Megan gestured a twirl.
"I'm right here silly," I twirled.
"As much as I don't want to tear my eyes away from her but I'm afraid we're going to be late," Taylor exhaled.

"Guys come on,I'm not that appealing.Let's just go," I grabbed an apple and headed outside.
"Look at those hills,never knew she had them," Crystal pretended to drool.
"That's it! I'm going to change," I exhaled.
"Please don't!" They all screamed at the same time.

"You guys should see your faces," I got in the car and tied my seatbelt.
"I know mine ain't smoking hot like yours," Sam smirked.
Causing everyone to erupt with laughter.
"This is the last time you guys see me wearing a skirt on weekdays!" I exhaled.
They really really think I'm that pretty? Aaaaw they're annoyingly sweet.

Rides to school have changed since mom left,not that much but the fact that I get to talk to the driver! We now all share a conversation with each other rather than having many,boring,peer-to-peer conversations.
What's fun about our little talk is that we all get to give our opinions and laugh.

Yesterday we talked about which awards would we give each other.I ended up getting the Most Smart Award,then you have to give a one minute speech.The rule was that one award per person.It was Taylor's idea, she said we would get to know what we truly think about each other and she was right.

Since we always start by dropping off Justin,he was the the first to get an award then we were to follow with the person who was after Justin.
We agreed that Justin was the most cute,Megan got the Best Dress Award,Hayden got the Best Vocals Award,Sam got the Most Energetic Award and Crystal got the Best Hair Award.

We had a hard time obeying the rule and Taylor kept reminding us it.My highlight was when Sam kept insisting that Megan should get an award for best actress since she got to play Juliet in the school play,Megan obviously didn't want the award and it was hilarious seeing Megan trying to trash talk.

Talking together as a family really helps us as a head start.
We would definitely think back to these days when mom gets back.

"So guys," Taylor exhaled getting our attention.
"Today's topic is,drumroll please," Taylor said as we crossed our fingers hoping it was something interesting.
"Tasha!" She exclaimed earning a wide eyed face from me.
"As your big sister,big wonderful older sister,I wanna know what you guys think of her dating,how would you feel,what would you say? And to make it clear so that we'll be all in the same page,I'm not saying she is dating or that she's thinking about dating but I'm just wondering," she turned down the volume of the radio.

"What the what?!" I exclaimed.
"Trust me,you're gonna have to listen to this," she winked.
"Do I have any choice or say in this?" I honestly asked.
"No you don't,we'll start with you Crystal.What do you think about Tasha dating?" Taylor asked.Oh Boy!!!

"I don't know,but I sure want her to be happy," she smiled showing of her lovely dimples.
"That's so sweet baby but dating could never make me happy not untill I'm old enough," I said.
"Shh,you don't have a say in this," Taylor turned to me.

"I would draw up a contract that will state that if the jackass messes with my sister I will do everthing I want with him,he'll be my slave,"Sam roared as we parked near the day care.
"Protective brother I like it!" Taylor smiled.

"I would make sure that she doesn't loose focus at school," Hayden stated.
"I like that too!" Taylor exclaimed.

"Guys please! This is ridiculous," I wanted to jump out off the car instantly.

"Anything to add Meg?" Taylor asked Megan as we drove to the next stop.
"Nah I'm good," she showed no emotion.
"Well promise to think about it," Taylor said.
"Sure," Megan shrugged.

Few minutes later I arrived at school,everybody was looking fresh and energetic and hey it's Friday!

I on the other hand was exhausted. I met Q on the way to class and she was okay and not mad like last night.She was suprised that I had worn a skirt and quite impressed and kept wondering why I suddenly wore it.

"Can't a girl wear a skirt when she feels like it?" I asked.
"Hey! I'm just joking you look..." she was cut off by a slow clapping,smirking Alex coming towards us.

"Damn! Monique your best friend looks amazing," he exhaled.
"I know right!" Q smiled.
"It's not the first time I'm wearing a skirt you know!" I exhaled in frustration.
"It's the first time I'm talking to you while you're wearing a skirt," Alex said in a low voice. I don't know if he was embarrassed or sad but he felt bad.

I stared at him while he did the same.Q cleared her throat and excused her self.
"Tired?" He suddenly asked.
"Yeah," I smiled.
"I'm sorry,it was stupid of me to ask you to stay up that late," he said. Alex apologizing?

"It's okay,I'm fine" I reassured "I'm glad I saved your life, I mean look at you!" He exclaimed. Blush,blush,blush, blush,blush,blush,blush,blush
STOP BLUSHING!!

"It's not your fault not talking to me," I sighed going back to the first conversation.
"Fine it's yours," he smirked.
"I don't have time for this," I turned and in a second I felt his light grip on my arm. This was far from the time he first grabbed me.

"Atleast we're talking now, right?" He asked.
"Yeah," I sighed.
He was about to speak when the sound of the Bell interrupted him. I smiled at that.
"See you at lunch?" I asked.
"I can't the-" I cut him off.
"You don't have to explain," Reality hit me hard.

He has places to be and people to see.
"I'm sorry, the gents have been complaining lately. Hey look at it on the bright side!" He exhaled clearly ignoring what I said.
"Which is?" I asked. The halls were starting to become crowded with students rushing to their lockers.

"Since I'm stealing you tonight, during lunch time you'll have time to catch up with Monique and talk about me and last night," He gloated
"Is that what you'll be doing with the 'gents'?" I air qouted gents.
"You're too smart for me," he smiled.

"About stealing me-" he shushed me.I was about to cancel.Mom's words and the note flooded my brain in an instant.
"Go to class! Same place, same time and same to bring list as well as the dress code," he literally pushed me towards my class and turned to run for his life.

~*~

Just finished my last quiz for the week, aced it! It's Lunch time and I got to say, I missed the cafeteria.Not really.

"What was his excuse again?" Q asked as she spotted a table and we settled in.
"Please don't make me say it again," I begged.
"Look at him over there," She nodded towards their table and there he was looking all... he was quiet, more like bored!?

"He ditched you,so that he can hang out with his boring friends? I mean look at him his eyes are sleepy," Q said. Now I know why she chose this table,much closer to the nerd/popular boundary.
"Doesn't matter,they're his friends after all," I exhaled.

This certainly takes me back this morning when I thought about how people change.But I understand Alex's reason and I wouldn't want Q hanging with a boy all the time.

"Are you even listening to me?" She snapped her fingers in front of my face.
"Huh," I jumped meeting her now angry face.
"Look,I don't get why we're spying on him. He can go around all week not hanging out with me for all I care! As long as I obey the mysterious note. In that way I'd have a peaceful senior year," I exhaled.

"I don't believe a word you just said," she murmured.
"Believe what you want but you better hope he doesn't come between us," I was now upset. It's like she doesn't know me,it feels like she's pushing me towards him with great force, more like Gazillion Newtons.

"I'm sorry," she noticed my new emotion.
"Are you trying to force me into dating?" I found myself asking.
"Goodness gracious! Excuse me for being a friend," she exclaimed.

"An annoying one," I murmured. Was this the second fight? The first one was in 9th grade about Q hiding that she was dating.
I was so angry at her not that she was dating but that she hid it from me.We were both wrong at that time,her secret and my silent treatment that lasted for about a week or so.

This time I have a feeling that I'm wrong.I mean she did apologise after all.
I regretted my last words so bad.She was speechless which was unexpected.

"I'm sorry," I exhaled.
"Look Tasha,I may not be the best at giving advice but all I know is that you can't play both sides.You can't have a cake and eat it.It's either you ignore the note and continue what ever it is you're doing with Alex or you stay the hell away from him.Because you can't have a peaceful year while you're 'hanging out' with the coolest kid. Can you really run away from love? I don't know and clearly you don't too.As your 'annoying' friend I'm gonna support you either way," she air quoted,rolled her eyes,shrugged but mostly spoke her heart and mind. And I heard.

Is this what I needed?
"I said I was sorry," I exhaled.
"Sorry ain't gonna solve your problems.Oh! And I'm sick of people saying you're knew at this,you're a grown ass intelligent teenager," she added.

"Okay,okay I hear you.Wait people are talking about me?" Fear weakened my knees and rearranged my intestines.
"Like I said,you're hanging out with the coolest kid," she smiled at last.Soon after the bell rang.

"Hey Q,'can you really run away from love?' was the daily question wasn't it?" I asked as we headed to our lockers.
"You know me too well," she laughed.
"Why can't I date you," I sighed with frustration.
"I don't know,this is how it works," Q surprisingly embraced me.
"Thank you," I whispered to her ear.
"I got you," she whispered back.

"Is after school shopping for Saturday's dress for the wedding still on?" She asked as we let go.
"Hell yeah," I said.
"We better find the mother F. who wrote that note before its too late," she said.
I was about to speak when she already read my mind and told me that she knows that I haven't decided yet and that she respected that. According to her finding the secret admirer was a win-win

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 135 17
Alexis has fallen for the school bad boy. They are complete opposites but she couldnt help herslef. She just had to get a 'taste' of the badboy. Afte...
53.7K 1.4K 31
What happens when the nerd meets the bad boy? Enter Emery Brooks, the school's nerdy outcast. No one really pays much attention to her. Well, except...
178K 5.3K 43
Emma Grey is a good girl. She keeps her nose in the books, she never parties, she never does anything wrong. She's stubborn, but she's also smart. A...
163 12 12
Archer Adams is a bad boy and rumor has it that he is a part of a gang. Archer has a troubled past and is unable to let anyone in even his mom. Meet...