Never Let Go [EXO Chen Fanfic...

Oleh ahwaeee

Some things are meant to be gone. When you lose someone important, you'll know someone new. Letting go of the... Lebih Banyak

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1: Miracles in 'January'
Chapter 2: Back
Chapter 3: Same
Chapter 4: Kim Yoonhye
Chapter 5: New neighbor
Chapter 7: Help Me
Chapter 8: Aren't
Chapter 9: Taemin
Chapter 10: Showcase
Chapter 11: Pepero
Chapter 12: Talk
Chapter 13: Wedding
Chapter 14: Reject
Chapter 15: Engagement
Chapter 16: Memories
Chapter 17: Truth
Chapter 18: They Are
Chapter 19: Leaving
Chapter 20: Same Person
Chapter 21: Again
Chapter 22: Together
Chapter 23: Forever
Chapter 24: Exposed
Chapter 25: Over
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 6: New job

282 22 2
Oleh ahwaeee

Yoonhye's P.O.V.

I scrolled through all those works suggestions on the Internet boringly. I don't even know what work I should pick. Actually, I'm not interested in anything. I love writing stories, but I am lazy to write.

My phone rang. I looked at it and found that it was an unknown number. I picked it up, hoping that it is from any jobs that I had asked earlier.

"Yeoboseyo?" It was a man.

"Hello."

"Is this Lee Yoonhye?"

"Yes I am."

"Good afternoon, Miss Lee. My name is Choi Yoojin."

"Ahh, annyeonghaseyo Mr. Choi."

"I saw your post and I am not sure if you're interested in the job that I want to offer."

"What is the job?"

"Assistant."

"Umm, to be specific...assistant of what?"

"Assistant of an artist."

"Nothing much. If you're interested in it, I'll explain to you about the details."

"Alright. I'll think about it for a while. I'll call you before the day ends, Mr. Choi."

"Okay. Hope to hear good news from you."

As the call ended, I continued on scrolling through all those websites, until the doorbell of my house rang.

I ran to the door and opened it. I was surprised when I saw the man yesterday standing in front of my door.

He held up the box and shook it slightly then asked, "Is this from you?"

I looked at the box and then looked back at him. So, he's my new neighbor? Well, somehow Song was right. He's a weird one. "Yeah, it is. So, you lived next neighbor?" I asked him. He nodded without saying anything.

I smiled and extended my hands to him. "Nice to meet you, I'm Lee Yoonhye." I have to be nice to him, even if I think that he's weird. He's my neighbor after all.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked out of nowhere. As soon as I asked the question, I felt regret. What is wrong with me? Damn it.

He hesitated for a while, and then asked, "Can I?" I just smiled and stepped aside. "Of course, please."

After he got in, I headed to the kitchen, looking for drinks. I only found a few sachets of tea. I guess it's Taemin who put it here. Well, I don't really drink tea, actually.

"I just moved here so there isn't much food here. Do you want some tea?"

"It's okay, I'm fine with anything." He answered.

Right now, in my mind, I wanted to slap myself. Taemin had warned me that not to bother my neighbor no matter what happened, but yet I'm inviting him into my house right now.

"I'm sorry for yesterday. I just happened to mistaken you as my friend." He said after I placed down the teas on the table.

I chuckled softly and said, "It's fine. I look alike with your friend?"

"You resemble her. Really much." He nodded and said.

"I wish I can meet her." I smiled and said.

He took a sip of the tea, and said silently, "She had passed away." His voice was surprisingly calm when he said that.

"I'm sorry." I apologized. Once again, I wanted to slap myself. He shook his head slightly and stood up from the couch. "I have to leave now, thank you for the tea, and the rice cake."

"No problem." I stood up as well and nodded. After he left, I realized a big problem.

I don't even know his name at all.

--

I accepted the offer of Mr. Choi for the job. My plan right now is, take over this job first, and at the same time, and search for a job that is more suitable for me.

I was being told to go to SM Entertainment. Mr. Choi said that he will wait for me in the lobby of the company, and then he'll tour me around the building, so that I can get familiar with there.

I was looking around in the lobby, when someone suddenly tapped my shoulder. I turned around and found a man in his forties, wearing casual clothes.

"Lee Yoonhye?" He asked me. I nodded and replied, "Yes, I am."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Choi Yoojin."

"Annyeonghaseyo." I bowed slightly at him and said. He smiled widely at me, and said, "Come on, let me bring you around here. You have to be familiar with here."

He handed me a card and also a tag. "This card is for access for the lift and also the doors of practice rooms, studios. You have to wear the tag whenever you're in the building, or else, there will be a lot of people who thought that you're a sasaeng." He laughed slightly and said.

"But won't the sasaengs steal the tag and enter?" I asked.

"We have a high technology that this tag couldn't be duplicate. Even if it's gone, we will be able to find it too."

"How to find it?"

"We have a program to track down it." Yoojin said.

"Ahh I see." I nodded and looked down at the card. There was a space where I can paste my photo, and below there, it writes, 'Name: Lee Yoonhye, Department: Assistant'.

"I'm whose assistant?" I looked up and asked.

"Ahh, about that. You'll know that later. Follow me." He said.

The building is tall and has a lot of floors. Yoojin explained the usage of each floors, and tell me that we're only going to a few floors all the time.

"This floor is only for practice room. Since the artists will often practice till late at night, and they will be noisy usually during practice, so there's only four practice room here." Yoojin explained, as he leaded me out from the lift.

I bumped into someone when the person suddenly ran out from a practice room.

"Mianhe. Miss, are you okay?" A deep voice asked. I could tell that he's panic that he just bumped someone in the hallway, from his voice.

"I'm okay." I replied. When I looked up, I found that it was Chanyeol. So...he's an artist from this company that I am working in right now?

"We met again, Yoonhye." He grinned widely at me and said.

"Yeah, hi." I smiled at him and nodded.

"What are you doing here, anyways?"

"She's a new worker here." Yoojin answered for me. I just nodded.

"Ahh, that's great! Then we will be seeing each other more often from now!" He clapped his hands together excitedly and said.

"You know each other?" Yoojin asked us.

"Not really, I just met her last week. Hyung, do you know..." Before Chanyeol could finish his words, Yoojin cut him off. "Alright. Chanyeol, have you seen Chen? Where is he?"

"Well, I'm not sure. Jaewon hyung just gave Jongdae the demo tape, I think. Maybe he's inside any practice room listening to the demo tape, or maybe he's practicing."

"Okay." Yoojin nodded and replied. "Tell your manager that I found an assistant for Chen, he doesn't have to help me to look for one anymore."

"Alright." Chanyeol nodded and said. "I'll see you around here, Yoonhye." He smiled and waved at me. I smiled back and nodded.

"Wait for me here first." Yoojin told me after Chanyeol left. I nodded. He then went through the corridor and started looking into every practice room after that.

I shifted my hands into the pocket of my coat and looked at my watch. It's already two in the afternoon. That's why I felt so hungry now. I haven't eaten from morning till now.

"Yoonhye?" Once again, on this floor, I heard someone called my name. I turned around and was surprised to find my neighbor here. So, he's an artist too?

"It's really you." He smiled and said. "What are you doing here?"

"Chen! I finally found you!" I heard Yoojin shouted across the corridor. I turned around and saw him running towards us.

"Where have you been? I've been looking for you."

"I went to look for Jaewon hyung. He was explaining the concept for the music video for me."

"Ahh okay. Oh, Yoonhye, this is Kim Jongdae. Jongdae, your assistant, Lee Yoonhye."

"I know her." He suddenly said. His name is Kim Jongdae? A nice one. Yoojin looked at both of us, and then nodded. "Alright." He looked at his watch, and then said, "We should head to the studio now. You have another magazine photo shoot with Yixing. Come on, Yoonhye."

What now? I am the assistant to my neighbor who is weird and don't actually like to be around girls?

_______

A/N:

There's so many breakup songs that I've heard these days. So many beautiful songs nowadays.

Taemin's Goodbye and the Japanese version Sayonara Hitori is damn nice 💞 White noise is my new jam now though.

White noise fit in the situation for Chen after Yoonhye's death. The lyrics talked about them losing their love ones and they miss them that they could feel the person even if she's gone. The lyrics are beautiful.

If you have any opinions towards this story, feel free to tell me :) Pokemon Go had just released in my country and it's quite fun 💖

- Jocelyn

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

27.6K 1.3K 25
[This story will be in various kind of forms. Hope you'll like it.] They say that between couples, there shouldn't be lies, and secrets. The snowball...
20K 482 26
Two completely different people, who fell in love but life always tore them apart. One fight and mistake led to another sad memory. How will they cle...
1.5K 53 6
Breakups are not always about cheating, losing sparks, and finding someone new/better. Sometimes it's about loving too much to the point that one of...
94.7K 3K 35
Why should we even know each other from the start? Jocelyn and Chen were friends since they're young. Chen was known as the troll, always messes up w...