Where My Demons Hide

De AspiringAlina

Luna Scott can't forget about the boy, Haiden Jaeger, who helped her through her dark times. He suddenly disa... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Chapter 4

1.6K 80 5
De AspiringAlina

It hurt to think about Haiden now. No longer did I feel empty at the thought of him, but instead I felt pain. I couldn't believe the Haiden I saw yesterday was my Haiden. I couldn't believe any of his words.

Bringing my knees to my chest, I hugged my legs, hoping to make myself as small as possible. I was in the living room and from there, I could hear Chelsea and Peter laughing in the kitchen. They were making dinner and they would soon call me, but I wasn't in the mood to eat. All I wanted to do was figure out Haiden and what he'd become.

    Werewolf. Criminal. Both things were unbelievable. Werewolf because werewolves didn't exist, and criminal because Haiden couldn't be one. But at the same time, seeing how he was yesterday, I knew it was possible.

    "Luna," Blake said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "What are you doing here?"

    I shook my head, unable to voice my thoughts. I did want to talk about Haiden and what I discovered, but a part of me still wanted to keep him a secret. The stubborn part of me was often annoying.

    "Are you okay?" Blake asked.

    He strode towards me and crouched down in front of me. His blue eyes were full of worry and I looked away. Haiden was trouble and Blake had every right to be worry, but I couldn't stay away. Somehow I would figure Haiden out.

    "I'm fine," I said, looking back and smiling. "But, can I ask you something?" 

    "Sure," Blake said, eyes softening.

    "Do you think it's possible for someone who used to be so good and nice and... incredible to turn bad?" My heart dropped, hoping his answer would be no. "It seems impossible that someone so pure can suddenly be impure in just a couple of years."

    Blake stared at me, his eyes questioning. I looked away again and hoped he wouldn't figure me out.

    "Well everyone has a good and bad side to them, so whoever you're talking about wasn't always so perfect," Blake said. "I mean it does seem impossible that some kind people can turn unkind, but it's not impossible. Sometimes your darker side just gets tired of hiding and seeps through, causing you to change for the worse. Why are you asking?"

    "No reason," I answered immediately. "But thanks. That makes sense."

    Looking down, I wondered if Haiden's darker side has seeped out and caused him to change. I really hoped not, but like Blake said it wasn't an impossible idea. My heart sunk as I wished that my Haiden had stayed the kind boy he was.

"Luna, let me say this," Blake said, bringing my attention back to him. "Some people like you are genuinely good people. You guys want the best for this world and I can never see you changing. I've known you for five years and you have always been a wholehearted girl. So some people are destined to be good."

His words made me smile. My heart lightened up because I wanted to be a good person. I wanted to make others happy and I was glad someone had noticed.

"Thank you," I said. "I hope you're right and I hope... This person is destined to be good."

Blake had been grinning, but his grin faltered for a moment. He suddenly seemed uneasy as he stood up, leaving me frowning. I wondered if I said something wrong.

"Dinner is ready," Blake said. "Let's go."

Getting up, I followed him to the kitchen. Haiden was on my mind again and I made plans for after dinner.

*****

    I was in the forest and I was walking around with no destination in mind. Deep down I was looking for Haiden, but remembering his words of staying away, I hoped I would accidentally cross paths with him. Anticipation was racing through me as I hoped.

An hour passed and it was growing dark. But even then I kept walking, hoping to find him. I was growing tired, but I didn't care. Haiden needed to give me answers and only then I would leave.

Another hour passed and I was slowly giving up. The sun had completely set now and it was getting chilly. Hugging myself, I stopped walking and told myself to give up. My heart didn't want to, but logically, I knew I should go home.

"Didn't I tell you it's not safe for girls to be outside when it's dark, especially in a forest," someone said behind me, causing me to whirl around.

My eyes widened as Haiden stood there, his eyes hard as he glared at me. I stared back, my heart racing. I was incredibly lucky and I was thanking my lucky stars.

"Haiden," I said, ignoring his glare. "Can we talk?"

"No," he said. "Didn't I tell you to stay away?"

    Staring at him, I wondered why he was so hostile. He had changed so much and I wanted answers. I deserved answers after he disappeared without a single word.

    "You owe me answers," I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "You left without a single word so can you blame me for wanting to know what happened to you?"

    "Luna, leave me alone," he said, growing frustrated. "What I do is none of your business."

    Haiden turned around then and I began to panic. He was always leaving. Always hiding. Why couldn't he just talk to me and allow me to have some sort of closure?

    Desperate, I blurted out, "You said you don't want to see me, but why are you always here?"

Haiden stopped walking and slowly turned to face me. For a second he looked caught off guard, but then he concealed that look with a look of annoyance. Ignoring that look, I went on.

"I know you came back here, to this forest, to our meeting spot because you do want to see me," I said, confident for once. "You do care about me and I know you're checking up on me. Can't I do the same by asking you to tell me about yourself?"

Haiden scowled and he stormed up to me. I held my ground and he looked down at me, his anger evident. My heart was pounding, but I hoped I had gotten through to him.

"You want to know me? Do you really want to know about me? Then let me tell you the cold, harsh truth," Haiden said, eyes cold. "I've killed people. Enough people to have lost count years ago. I'm a monster if you haven't noticed. A werewolf, a beast. I'm a leader of a group called The Demons and I created the name because our intentions are like the ones of a demon. I'm evil, Luna."

Stunned, I stepped back without thinking. Haiden smirked at my reaction and my heart hammered against my chest as fear ran through me. I would never have expected this to become of Haiden.

"I'm dangerous Luna," Haiden said, serious. "So stay away."

"But..." I said, unable to help it. "I can't believe this. Haiden, you were such a good person."

Haiden growled, like an animal, which caught me off guard. My eyes went wide as his eyes turned wild and animal-like. They were round, piercing, and cold. It seemed true. Haiden seemed to be a monster.

"If you know what's good, leave now," Haiden growled.

I didn't think twice as I turned around and fled. An overwhelming amount of sadness hit me as I ran and tears began to slide down my cheeks. I couldn't believe it. Why did the guy I once love turn into this?

He had saved me from my misery and been the kindest soul I'd known, but now he created misery for others. Haiden was a murderer, a monster, and everything I couldn't believe. And even now, despite the proof, I didn't want to believe the things he said.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

11 1 3
Luna Is not just any ordinary girl, she has dedicated her whole life in shaping herself as a person and building a career and never settle for less...
166 5 14
Luna is a girl who lost everyone and everything she knew as a child. With an uncle who is trying to find her and kill her, she has no choice but to a...
9.5K 89 71
He thought she was weak. He loved her deeply. She loved him. He broke her and she left. He regretted it and will do anything to get his family back...
1.2M 33.4K 25
When your mate is an Alpha and you're the rogue that causes all the trouble, you can't exactly go up to him and say "How's it going big guy! Even tho...